Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Did they seriously not translate that? gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

JT Jag posted:

I'll wait until watching the whole series before I resort to such measures

Just loving don't

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

That's a pretty clever alternative to a cheek cut.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I just tuned in for the last five minutes of this show and just wanted to say I hate it. Thank you for listening.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

Did they seriously not translate that? gently caress off.

Yeah, I dunno why half of this poo poo hasn't been translated. As I said, it might've been a request from the original studio for whatever reasons, but yeah.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This show seems dumb.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was cool

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Gaunab posted:

I just tuned in for the last five minutes of this show and just wanted to say I hate it. Thank you for listening.

I didn't even read your post but I think you're a butt

Rhonne posted:

This show seems dumb.

Oh most definitely

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So apparently she's gaining fibers and power as she beats Goku Uniform wearers? So I think it'd be funny if the costume was that revealing at first and as she beats more people it becomes less and less revealing and more of a functional uniform. That's my take as of now!!!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well time to let my brain check out entirely for half an hour.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Jag posted:

So apparently she's gaining fibers and power as she beats Goku Uniform wears? So I think it'd be funny if the costume was that revealing at first and as she beats more people it becomes less and less revealing and more of a functional uniform. That's my take as of now!!!

This doesn't happen, spoilers btw.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
KLK is :japan: as all gently caress so I'm pretty sure it kinda makes sense that a lot of poo poo is untranslated.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhonne posted:

This show seems dumb.
Oh you haven't seen anything yet

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Well that was a show

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

So apparently she's gaining fibers and power as she beats Goku Uniform wearers? So I think it'd be funny if the costume was that revealing at first and as she beats more people it becomes less and less revealing and more of a functional uniform. That's my take as of now!!!

Yeah, this doesn't happen

e: beaten

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I remember when I thought this

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

OneDeadman posted:

KLK is :japan: as all gently caress so I'm pretty sure it kinda makes sense that a lot of poo poo is untranslated.

It doesn't really make much of a difference. It's more stylish that way, anyway.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
this show is out of its goddamn mind, but not in a good way

like, Space Dandy was completely loving bonkers, but it had charm and pizazz to it, and the bonkers-ness sorta fed into that

this show is completely loving bonkers, but in a way that makes you think the production studio HQ doubled as an insane asylum

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think that was like one of the first theories someone made up in the thread and it became clearer and clearer that was not happening.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

That last half hour just proves to me how much I missed this thread. Goddamn, it's good to be back.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Beef Waifu posted:

This doesn't happen, spoilers btw.
That would have been a cool idea, but that would have been dropped like the 10 plotlines that get dropped because this is a series determined on "You know I got this idea to animate that I think will be really cool"

bondster
May 6, 2007

To give some perspective, the studio behind this is TRIGGER who is made up of the best talent that Gainex had. As a smallish studio Kill la Kill is their first full length anime so the budget will show in places.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I liked the one kid from the street gang who was meekly wielding a chainsaw. There's so many dumb background jokes.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Kill La Kill owns and watching goons get flustered over Kill La Kill owns too :dukedog:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Naruto is loving retarded

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well that sure was made by the Gurren Lagann guys.

Not my favorite thing ever, but I definitely don't want to claw my eyes out like some of you Negative Nancys in here. Also I really like walking cliche comedy sidekick girl.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HorseRenoir posted:

Kill La Kill owns and watching goons get flustered over Kill La Kill owns too :dukedog:

I think one of the people asking if the police knew this was happening was one of the funniest loving things I saw in the last 30 minutes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

watching goons get flustered over Kill La Kill owns :dukedog:

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

this show is out of its goddamn mind, but not in a good way

like, Space Dandy was completely loving bonkers, but it had charm and pizazz to it, and the bonkers-ness sorta fed into that

this show is completely loving bonkers, but in a way that makes you think the production studio HQ doubled as an insane asylum

You know I liked it for that reason, sans that rapey part in the middle.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vengeful Turtle posted:

Did she release steam from under her skirt? :stare:

Was it really even a skirt?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did that guys chest eat that stake

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm going to go make a hotdog. That is my Ninja Way

Vengeful Turtle
Dec 25, 2009

by Ralp
Naruto as a series could have ended 5 years sooner if Naruto and Sasuke just banged and got it over with

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I want Attack on Titan back. :smith:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Was it really even a skirt?

It's a magic sentient skirt. :eng101:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Trigger is a very strange studio. To clarify, after making Kill la Kill they went on to work on a slice of life romantic comedy... with superpowers.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kwyndig posted:

Trigger is a very strange studio.

what clued you in

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They could use a warning

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

Well that sure was made by the Gurren Lagann guys.

Not my favorite thing ever, but I definitely don't want to claw my eyes out like some of you Negative Nancys in here. Also I really like walking cliche comedy sidekick girl.

For the record, this was basically my opinion after I saw that episode for the first time, there's a turning point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kwyndig posted:

Trigger is a very strange studio.

If you want to try other things by them, Little Witch Acidemia is a lot more normal and not as out there as KLK. It's really great as well and I'm excited for the sequel.

• Locked thread