Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Kwyndig posted:

Trigger is a very strange studio.

hosed up if true, m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Cool I didn't want to see a fight anyways

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Here is a better thing Trigger made if you haven't seen it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shoulda linked Little Witch Academia, it's really good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Naruto sucks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Was it really even a skirt?
You know I think Kill la Kill works for me because I also read a lot of Greek Mythology which also has a lot of scantily clad warriors fighting other warriors and a whole metric ton of rape and incest added to the mix.

I mean hell my namesake is probably an even worse protagonist than Ryuko.

I know it sounds pretentious to compare classical Greek Mythology to Kill la Kill, but I mean they were both told for the vulgar masses to eat up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Welp, they're all dead. Burned up in a fire.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JT Jag posted:

So apparently she's gaining fibers and power as she beats Goku Uniform wearers? So I think it'd be funny if the costume was that revealing at first and as she beats more people it becomes less and less revealing and more of a functional uniform. That's my take as of now!!!

I wish this was what happened, and that by the end she was fighting the Big Bad in a parka and sensible shoes. That's how you subvert genre expectations.

Or maybe like a pimp-rear end floor-length fur coat.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Wow... Less happens in Naruto than in Bleach or DBZ classic. That's saying something.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just looked up, did Sasuke just set himself on fire?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
YEAH YOU SURE SUCK NARUTO

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this gonna be the whole episode

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ChumpsForChange posted:

Here is a better thing Trigger made if you haven't seen it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw

Please. Turning Girls is the superior choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEPTJ81LuI

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

WickedHate posted:

If you want to try other things by them, Little Witch Acidemia is a lot more normal and not as out there as KLK. It's really great as well and I'm excited for the sequel.
That had some funding from the Japanese government right?

Also at least the new big project from Trigger looks interesting at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3eiorvNo4

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

KLK is :japan: as all gently caress so I'm pretty sure it kinda makes sense that a lot of poo poo is untranslated.

It's really dumb that stuff that can totally be translated isn't. If you want untranslated watch the sub.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I missed like the last 20 Naruto episodes, was Naruto still completely in denial about Sasuke being evil before that whole 30 seconds of staring each other before he disappeared in flames bit

This show goes slower than a snail at times

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"the fight has just begun"

WHY

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

I wish this was what happened, and that by the end she was fighting the Big Bad in a parka and sensible shoes. That's how you subvert genre expectations.

Or maybe like a pimp-rear end floor-length fur coat.

it would gradually turn into an honest-to-God gunman

it's bad that a bunch of yahoos on an internet forum are coming up with better plotting than people who presumably got paid to think of the poo poo we're really going to get

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

Kill La Kill owns and watching goons get flustered over Kill La Kill owns too :dukedog:

And if it's anything like how goons watched SAO it will mean that everyone is going to start humping Naruto Shipuden's leg seemingly out of pure spite.

I await the sheer insanity that is going to be the response to that scene because that will be something to behold.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 8, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I think Kill la Kill works for me because I also read a lot of Greek Mythology which also has a lot of scantily clad warriors fighting other warriors and a whole metric ton of rape and incest added to the mix.

I mean hell my namesake is probably an even worse protagonist than Ryuko.

I know it sounds pretentious to compare classical Greek Mythology to Kill la Kill, but I mean they were both told for the vulgar masses to eat up.

did you mean to post this in the adtrw thread

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

And if it's anything like how goons watched SAO it will mean that everyone is going to start humping Naruto Shipuden's leg semmingly out of pure spite.

what are you dumb

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ruggington posted:

did you mean to post this in the adtrw thread
I think I actually did post this in the adtrw thread before it was mercy killed, but at least I didn't write the novels some people were writing to justify their love for a dumb show

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
lol why are any of you watching Naruto?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ConanThe3rd posted:

And if it's anything like how goons watched SAO it will mean that everyone is going to start humping Naruto Shipuden's leg seemingly out of pure spite.

I'm sorry, what?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
self-hate, mostly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

For the record, this was basically my opinion after I saw that episode for the first time, there's a turning point

Even better then. Really, the show is a win/win for me, because if I enjoy it, I just enjoy it, and if it's as bad as all you whiners say, I finally get my SAO II (until SAO II actually gets dubbed).

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I WANT MY AWESOME ATTACK ON TITAN OP SONGS BACK :cry:

Gurren No Yumiyaaaaa :911:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm sorry, what?

Apparently SAO made IGPX (the show that was basically the death knell for Toonami mk 1) the best thing ever.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
which is in turn an excuse to drink.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Please. Turning Girls is the superior choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEPTJ81LuI

As a fellow watcher of Turning Girls :hfive:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SAO is good, you guys are crazy

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I WANT MY AWESOME ATTACK ON TITAN OP SONGS BACK :cry:

Gurren No Yumiyaaaaa :911:
Don't worry KLK has a lot of cool songs except for the one that is good but gets overplayed all the goddamn time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

lol why are any of you watching Naruto?

It's on in the background and if I turn it down or off I hear my roommate complaining about the ankle he sprained sucking at basketball

Not sure which whining is preferable, his or Naruto's

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

Didn't say it was bad ("Fun" is how I'd go with it). Just that the thread went spare anytime it was on as will probably happen with KLK (another show I'd describe as such to a point).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It's on in the background and if I turn it down or off I hear my roommate complaining about the ankle he sprained sucking at basketball

Not sure which whining is preferable, his or Naruto's

ask him if he wants to hump sasuke

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You don't ?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is that a pig?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

It's really good at being bad. Now blue exorcist, that's a show

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

god, SAO2 is going to be like the second coming of Space Dandy 'round these parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i love sao

• Locked thread