Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Super Dan posted:

Teen Titans 69

loving meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

:stare:
So I'm going to hazard a guess that the Teen Titans comic books have little to no relation to the really fun show I liked when I was 13.

You should watch the recent Teen Titans cartoon, it is light hearted and extremely goofy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Super Dan posted:

It wasn't written by Johns, it was Sean McKeever.

Teen Titans 69

Haha holy poo poo that power. Oh The Face, you truly are a fountain of humor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ManlyGrunting posted:

So I'm going to hazard a guess that the Teen Titans comic books have little to no relation to the really fun show I liked when I was 13.

That show spun gold out of poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still can't believe it's been twelve years since that show started and it still features the only good design Cyborg has ever had.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like Archie is going to have to beat off a guy again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still can't believe it's been twelve years since that show started and it still features the only good design Cyborg has ever had.

When it was on, I actually liked it better than the DCAU stuff going simultaneously (which I believe would've been JLU). I probably wouldn't feel the same way looking at it in retrospect, but it's been quite a few years since I saw an episode of it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Man, I really love how Archie finally got out of the 50;s.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

And straight into 1968 with Afterlife With Archie.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Say Nothing posted:

Looks like Archie is going to have to beat off a guy again.

several guys by the looks of it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

And straight into 1968 with Afterlife With Archie.

Hey, the current story in the main books is very contemporary. Veronica is addicted to Candy Crush.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

From JMS' Thor run.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Schneider Heim posted:

From JMS' Thor run.

Even though it was in Oklahoma, I miss Asgardians hanging with the towns folk of Broxton. I just want Odin drinking coffee with southern old timers griping about poo poo and Odin old man griping about god stuff. :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bunnyofdoom posted:

That particular issue gets surprisingly racy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

.....Wrong hole to blow the air into girls....

(Oh god I feel scuzzy even saying that)

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

ManlyGrunting posted:

Relevant webcomic panel:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope Lucy picks up the new Starfire solo book, by Conner and Palmiotti and that one lady that's doing the pencils whose name I can't spell!

Say Nothing posted:

gently caress it, bunnyofdoom made a comment way worse than asking. Were they making out? Like, I know that's the punchline, that Mr Lodge must be thinking they were, but like, what else could they be doing, topless, in each other's arms that would lead to a hilarious misunderstanding?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What's worse is they are not just topless, but bottomless too. Man this is just like when I was a young teen and went to town with pens on back issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

darthbob88 posted:

Relevant webcomic panel:

Hey look, DarkTtitiesmine's new avatar

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Not enough Jason Todd.

ANYWAY: Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #4: After foiling Black Cat's plans to sell a bunch of SHIELD undercover agents' real identities on the black market, Hawkeye (Clint), Hawkeye (Kate), and Deadpool, are walking out and discussing the brief bit where Clint got turned into a Manchurian Candidate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As much as I gripe about corporate synergy between the various media versions of characters, Teen Titans is the one that continues to baffle me.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

I hope Lucy picks up the new Starfire solo book, by Conner and Palmiotti and that one lady that's doing the pencils whose name I can't spell!
Emanuela Lupacchino.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

As long as it's Power Girl Conner and not Harley Quinn Conner, I'm in.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

SynthOrange posted:

As much as I gripe about corporate synergy between the various media versions of characters, Teen Titans is the one that continues to baffle me.

Well then grognards who have been reading since Marv's New Teen Titans wouldn't read it because 'Not mah Titans'. And the kids who'd appreciate it weren't buying comics at the time.

Now back in 2011, when DC was indeed trying to connect with new readers with Nu52 and get them to read comics, blame grognards.

It's grognards fault for everything.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress it, bunnyofdoom made a comment way worse than asking. Were they making out? Like, I know that's the punchline, that Mr Lodge must be thinking they were, but like, what else could they be doing, topless, in each other's arms that would lead to a hilarious misunderstanding?

I've no idea of the context, or even if it's real. With Archie comics it's difficult to tell.

Unsourced examples of their weirdness.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I've no idea of the context, or even if it's real. With Archie comics it's difficult to tell.

This is almost certainly an edit.

quote:

This on the other hand, is... well, it's a drat creative edit, or legitimately just possibly the loving weirdest out-of-context Archie panel I've seen to date.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
It's grognards fault for everything.
[/quote]

Grognards had -nothing- to do with anime Lobo.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Say Nothing posted:

Where are Veronica's nipples? This looks photoshopped.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

When it was on, I actually liked it better than the DCAU stuff going simultaneously (which I believe would've been JLU). I probably wouldn't feel the same way looking at it in retrospect, but it's been quite a few years since I saw an episode of it.

Teen Titans and Justice League debuted on the same day and people looked at me as if I grew a second head when I went into the comic store the next day and said Teen Titans was great and Justice League was awful.

And TT season 1 is still miles better than JL season 1.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Teen Titans go is better than Teen Titans. The tone is more consistent and the character designs are better.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say Nothing posted:

This is one is totally an edit, I saw it on a tumblr for archie edits although at this point I can't relocate where.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
From Rachel Rising #30, it's better without context.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Super Dan posted:

It wasn't written by Johns, it was Sean McKeever.

Teen Titans 69

In McKeever's defense, I will note that his run reportedly had a ton of editorial interference. That particular issue (#69) was actually released with the credit "Original Story by Sean McKeever" with no one credited for the actual script itself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Random Stranger posted:

Teen Titans and Justice League debuted on the same day and people looked at me as if I grew a second head when I went into the comic store the next day and said Teen Titans was great and Justice League was awful.

I don't even like the Teen Titans cartoon, and I still understand that it was a really clever show that struck a chord with people slightly younger than me and distilled aimless characters into memorable and likeable incarnations/designs.

Thousands of internet perverts still wanna gently caress that version of Raven. Ain't nobody drawing creepy fanart of the 80s Raven.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I don't even like the Teen Titans cartoon, and I still understand that it was a really clever show that struck a chord with people slightly younger than me and distilled aimless characters into memorable and likeable incarnations/designs.

Thousands of internet perverts still wanna gently caress that version of Raven. Ain't nobody drawing creepy fanart of the 80s Raven.

I'm sure that last sentence is incorrect, but I'm not going to be the one to have that on their search history to prove it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm sure that last sentence is incorrect, but I'm not going to be the one to have that on their search history to prove it.

ctrl+shift+p duckduckgo.com

Sadly the most readily accessible repository does not have separate categories for comic Raven and TV Raven and I'm not willing to put in the time for a joke but for the curious 3163 pictures total.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

JL debuted in 2001. TT debuted in 2003, largely due to the success of JL.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

His father may not yell at him, but The Spectre will make sure he faces retribution for his terrible grades.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

GorfZaplen posted:

His father may not yell at him, but The Spectre will make sure he faces retribution for his terrible grades.

Maybe his dad will murder him for his family-shaming failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

From Rachel Rising #30, it's better without context.

This made me chuckle, but what happens next?!