Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

roundmidnight posted:

I still think it'll be the Knicks.

The Knicks need this, too. If the Lakers poo poo the bed we still have tons of poo poo to talk about for them. If the Knicks lose the title of the absolute worst I think we may have a mass suicide on our hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

NEWS: I just now noticed that Gordon Hayward is averaging drat-near 20 points per game this season
VIEWS: :psyduck:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Pretty Boy ain't fuckin around

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
That said, I hope the Wolves win so we can see Rubio2Okafor & Wiggins for the next ten years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shot chart doesn't even tell the whole story since they also committed a bunch of absolutely terrible turnovers. They gave the game away.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

https://vine.co/v/OUqpxjD2Ze6
Nene :eyepop:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Seems like they have more camera angles for this accident than they do for crucial endgame replays.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Never change, Zack Lowe :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Crazy Ted posted:

NEWS: I just now noticed that Gordon Hayward is averaging drat-near 20 points per game this season
VIEWS: :psyduck:

His shooting numbers have climbed up from last season, and he's a really good all around player with a contract that might not be terrible after all. Now, about his haircut though...

Also, I am glad Anthony Davis is not dead.

Edit:

Hayward averages for the season: 20 / 5 / 4 and a steal per game. Shooting 46% 2PT, 40% 3PT, 81% FT.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 8, 2015

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jack's Flow posted:

His shooting numbers have climbed up from last season, and he's a really good all around player with a contract that might not be terrible after all. Now, about his haircut though...

Also, I am glad Anthony Davis is not dead.

Edit:

Hayward averages for the season: 20 / 5 / 4 and a steal per game. Shooting 46% 2PT, 40% 3PT, 81% FT.

Yeah but is he just a finder in a riot?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Papercut posted:

Shot chart doesn't even tell the whole story since they also committed a bunch of absolutely terrible turnovers. They gave the game away.

Yeah that was one of the most infuriating collapses I've seen from Portland. And I watched game 7 of the WCF finals.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The last Dean Smith coached player left in the NBA? Vince Carter.

RIP Dean Smith, you were pretty great.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Edit:

I can't believe that I'm kind of bummed the seemingly inevitable "Hayward plays for Brad Stevens" never actually happened.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Lmao

loving Dolan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Watched the replay of Bulls-Pelicans and am heartened that Garbage Time McBucketts outplayed Jimmer. Now he has to convince me he's better than Adam Morrison and I'll be less distraught.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jack's Flow posted:

I know we all laugh at Utah's crazy strategy of locking up average guys to huge contracts but Burks/Hayward/Favors/Gobert might actually be a pretty good 2 through 5. Not sure on Burke or Exum though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

I know we all laugh at Utah's crazy strategy of locking up average guys to huge contracts but Burks/Hayward/Favors/Gobert might actually be a pretty good 2 through 5. Not sure on Burke or Exum though.

Alec Burks at 10 million dollar a year is not likely to look like a good deal anytime soon.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Griffin's having a staph infection removed from his elbow, and he'll be reevaluated after the All-Star break. Good timing for the break, at least.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

Griffin's having a staph infection removed from his elbow, and he's out indefinitely. Good timing for the All-Star break, at least.

Danian lillard, come on down!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
what a poo poo

the part where he calls the guy an alcoholic just so he can boast about his own sobriety is super weird

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

morestuff posted:

Griffin's having a staph infection removed from his elbow, and he'll be reevaluated after the All-Star break. Good timing for the break, at least.
what the gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lockback posted:

Alec Burks at 10 million dollar a year is not likely to look like a good deal anytime soon.
I'm not saying it was a good deal or that they couldn't have got it done cheaper. Just that Utah might be become a decent team. Like I wouldn't be surprised if they reached New Orleans or Phoenix type results next season.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
That's a hell of a staph infection.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I thought Staph infections were potentially life threatening?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

E2M2 posted:

I thought Staph infections were potentially life threatening?
don't go on webmd

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

straight up brolic posted:

don't go on webmd

I'm just going off of MMA fighters that got it. Kevin Randleman had a pretty gnarly hole in the side of his abdomen.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Do the right thing Silver, anyone but Lillard

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

straight up brolic posted:

don't go on webmd

If it's resistant to antibiotic treatment, it can be a really bad situation.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Get that looked at, Blake. You don't want your arm to fall off.

hitze posted:

They should add Dirk. Mavs need one All - Star, they're the 5th best team in the West!

:munch:

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 8, 2015

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Staph infections can be minor if treated quickly but they get :nms: pretty fast. Gaping holes in your body type stuff. Didn't know basketball players got em, they're notorious for showing up in fighters/wrestlers/BJJ/sports where sweaty men roll around touching each other.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

hitze posted:

Yeah, especially with how whiny he was about the "snub" (and didn't he try to backtrack after and delete his post haha). Like sorry dude, it's a crowded competitive West, I don't think it's really fair to say anyone could really get snubbed in the Western Conference. And then everyone including the Starters were all like OH MAN HE'S GONNA GO CRAZY IN THESE NEXT FEW GAMES AS REVENGE and then the opposite happened :lol:
But I guess he'll probably get it. I mean they're not giving it to Mike Conley, right?? Monta???? Dirk?

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
He's also played like poo poo in the games since the "snub" which makes it funnier.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I've known someone who went from 100% health to dead in 72 hours from a staph infection, they can be no joke.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My fiancee was about 12 hours from death, was in the ICU for 10 days and the hospital for 2 weeks. Then she spent over a month on 24 hour antibiotics, all from a staph infection that broke off, entered her blood stream and attached to her heart.

Don't gently caress around with staph infections.

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/2/8/8001123/james-dolan-to-angry-knicks-fan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because

quote:

From the fan...

Subject: I have been a knicks fan since 1952

At one stage I thought that you did a wonderful thing when you acquired EVERYTHING from your dad. However, since then it has been ALL DOWN HILL. Your working with Isaiah Thomas & everything else regarding the Knicks. Bringing on Phil Jackson was a positive beginning, but lowballing Steve Kerr was a DISGRACE to the knicks. The bottom line is that you merely continued to interfere with the franchise.

As a knicks fan for in excess of 60 years, I am utterly embarrassed by your dealings with the Knicks. Sell them so their fans can at least look forward to growing them in a positive direction Obviously, money IS NOT THE ONLY THING. You have done a lot of utterly STUPID business things with the franchise. Please NO MORE.

Respectfully,

The response from Dolan, obviously personal:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
While that's a hilariously horrible and unprofessional response, the initial e-mail is complete trash too and deserved to be mocked.

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003
So is Lillard going to replace Griffin in the ASG?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

roundmidnight posted:

While that's a hilariously horrible and unprofessional response, the initial e-mail is complete trash too and deserved to be mocked.

That's usually how these things work.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Jesus Rocket posted:

So is Lillard going to replace Griffin in the ASG?

I hope it's Conley just to spite him.

(It'll be Lillard.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm

Spoeank posted:

My fiancee was about 12 hours from death, was in the ICU for 10 days and the hospital for 2 weeks. Then she spent over a month on 24 hour antibiotics, all from a staph infection that broke off, entered her blood stream and attached to her heart.

Don't gently caress around with staph infections.

It's especially bad now that agriculture and medical community overuse antibiiotics and you have all these super-resistant staph bacteria. From working in the medical community, it's pretty much the most dangerous thing about going to hospitals. These strains are in hospitals and near impossible to get rid of, once infected, because doctors have no viable antibiotics for them.

• Locked thread