Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Lost a stopwatch run because Mom's Heart's projectiles were so slow that they were still on the screen when her 4-directional brimstone came out, and it pinched me. She died as I did but I don't really care about unlocking a coop baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I beat The Family Man challenge on my first attempt earlier today. I guess I got lucky with some of the item drops (I got Guppy), but it didn't seem as terrible as the wiki made it out to be.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Codiekitty posted:

I'm pretty sure his HP was recovering a little every time he split. Not completely refilling, just a little recovery. I can't double check right now because my bandwidth restrictions went back on at 8 am.

That happens in Rebirth, and original Isaac, it's just the health bar being recalculated.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Did they patch how the game handles it if you redo The Chest via error room? A few weeks ago I had an infinite Undefined combo that let me just keep rerunning the Chest as much as I wanted and iirc the floor layout was always exactly the same with the same item drops happening in the same rooms unless I got luck up. Got a similar build tonight but every time the floor layout was completely different.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I beat The Family Man challenge on my first attempt earlier today. I guess I got lucky with some of the item drops (I got Guppy), but it didn't seem as terrible as the wiki made it out to be.

Family man is probably the one situation where guppymode is least beneficial. Like it's still good but not nearly as
good as any other time because none of your shots spawn flies.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ferroque posted:

Family man is probably the one situation where guppymode is least beneficial. Like it's still good but not nearly as

Regular familiar tears(any of the round ones) will spawn flies if you're guppy. I'm like 99% sure Robo Babies and Lil' Brimstone don't however, or they do at a very very reduced rate compared to tech items and brimstone.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Does anyone know if you can potentially turn into Guppy every run? Like, if three items are in some way available every time, and you'd find them if you were to check every Curse room and get every Devil Room? I'm always getting two items, then going to rest of the game without a third.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Codiekitty posted:

Does anyone know if you can potentially turn into Guppy every run? Like, if three items are in some way available every time, and you just have to find them if you were to check every Curse room and get every Devil Room? I'm always getting two items, then going to rest of the game without a third.

nope. at least without a way to reroll items.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yay unlocked the lost

gently caress the lost

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hahaa holy poo poo all the talk pages and wikis and platinumgod.com say "no, don't take mutant spider with mom's knife, it doesn't do anything" because they presume nothing's changed since Wrath of the Lamb. None of them mention the quad knives that you actually get!

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Quad knife is the most fun combo in the game, especially if you get Spoon Bender too.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Hahaa holy poo poo all the talk pages and wikis and platinumgod.com say "no, don't take mutant spider with mom's knife, it doesn't do anything" because they presume nothing's changed since Wrath of the Lamb. None of them mention the quad knives that you actually get!

That's why I don't use the original wiki anymore. The Rebirth wiki got it right, both here http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Mutant_Spider and here http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Mom%27s_Knife .

It does mention that the attack seems to charge more slowly.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ferroque posted:

They do (thank God). I had two or three familiars that were spawning flies while I hovered at a safe distance.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Slow charge knife is the best, it's easier to make it so the knife returns over them doing the best damage. Not that you'll need it with 4 since poo poo son that's ludicrous damage unless they spread out all funny.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I picked up triple shot after Monstro's lung and it was taking roughly six seconds to charge each shot. I was killed by spiders shortly after.

Right before that though I had a great run with Maggie, finally finishing the Chest with her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Well, gently caress. Rolled into Dad's Key in the Chest, popped back to the start room to use it, the walked out the door immediately, or tried to.

Though in retrospect I probably should have waited until I cleaned out the rest of the Chest before opening the Mega Satan door.

Shame, I would have clowned Mega Satan with this build.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

IMJack posted:

Well, gently caress. Rolled into Dad's Key in the Chest, popped back to the start room to use it, the walked out the door immediately, or tried to.

Though in retrospect I probably should have waited until I cleaned out the rest of the Chest before opening the Mega Satan door.

Shame, I would have clowned Mega Satan with this build.

That's what the Continue option is for.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, got everything but Bandage Girl. With the expanded item pool, breaking runs seem to be a lot harder to come by. I've played a lot and I've seen like, 5 D20s, and the other option seems to be ipecac + habit + pyro, which is a lot of items to stack up.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

quote:

Brimstone - Firing a knife also shoots a barrage of knives that goes across the screen. The longer the charge, the more knives are added. This effect does not work with Azazel's default mini brimstone.

gently caress, I wish I'd known that last knight. I was playing as Azazal and bought the knife, which caused Azazel to stop firing mini-Brimstones. Then I was offered classic Brimstone, but passed it up because I thought it wouldn't do anything.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I had a hilarious run earlier. Dr.Fetus and soy milk, which I was handling pretty well. Until the next floor had a mystery item that turned out to be boomerang tears. That...didn't go well. I think I lasted two rooms after that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Well, got everything but Bandage Girl. With the expanded item pool, breaking runs seem to be a lot harder to come by. I've played a lot and I've seen like, 5 D20s, and the other option seems to be ipecac + habit + pyro, which is a lot of items to stack up.

That's ipecac + sharp plug + pyro. With pyro you can't damage yourself from ipecac so the habit won't do anything.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Actually, IPECAC and Pyromaniac is broken right now. The donation machine nerf made it so that Pyromaniac doesn't heal you from IPECAC shots anymore. You just get hurt instead.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Gromit posted:

That's ipecac + sharp plug + pyro. With pyro you can't damage yourself from ipecac so the habit won't do anything.

You could allow yourself to be slapped around by an enemy, run on spikes, or keep going through a curse room door, then heal yourself back up. Although it sounds like that isn't working with ipecac right now, so you'd have to use Dr. Fetus.

EDIT: Or Kamikaze.

Codiekitty fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 8, 2015

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just had a run where, by Caves 1 I had:

Polyphemus (first item i got), proptosis, chocolate milk, magic mushroom, death's touch, spirit of the night.

All I did in the boss was spam charge shots and every single boss died the very first frame they entered the room. Cleared it in ~ 30 seconds. Was rushing from one room to the other, clearing them before i hit the door on the other side.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Codiekitty posted:

gently caress, I wish I'd known that last knight. I was playing as Azazal and bought the knife, which caused Azazel to stop firing mini-Brimstones. Then I was offered classic Brimstone, but passed it up because I thought it wouldn't do anything.

I actually like regular Brimstone a lot more than Brim+Knives. The extra knives travel too fast to deal that much damage. Unfortunately, the last couple times I've found Brimstone where after I had already picked up the knife.

Do shot speed downs affect the speed of the knife? If so it would be really helpful to make the knife hover over the enemy and do more damage.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

dude789 posted:

I actually like regular Brimstone a lot more than Brim+Knives. The extra knives travel too fast to deal that much damage. Unfortunately, the last couple times I've found Brimstone where after I had already picked up the knife.

Do shot speed downs affect the speed of the knife? If so it would be really helpful to make the knife hover over the enemy and do more damage.

Having spoon bender is the only time I really like the Brim+knife combo. The knives really don't do enough damage unless they can stay in the enemy for a while. And afaik shot speed does affect the knife but only a very small amount, not enough to make you want to seek it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1feGrIkxcA

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually, IPECAC and Pyromaniac is broken right now. The donation machine nerf made it so that Pyromaniac doesn't heal you from IPECAC shots anymore. You just get hurt instead.

Well that answers my own question. I am still trying to find Godhead, and finally got the ipecac/SP/pyro combo and tried healing myself. I died and wondered if maybe I had hit the SP button instead.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LES1 61MM

Eden seed, starts with Lemon Mishap but upgrades into Ipecac, Daddy Longlegs, full Guppy and Infestation Shot. It Lives, Isaac and ??? all dead in under two seconds.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a glorious synergy, but triple shot + fetus in a jar + ipecac = a triple explosion that gets set off immediately around me like kamikaze, and it isn't hurting me even though I don't have pyromaniac.

Edit: just got money = power on top of that (I have 99 coins due to lucky rock). Run is won.

something fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 9, 2015

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Just out of curiosity, is there a mod that changes the music to Super Meat Boy's? Because I think it'd be hilarious to fight Isaac to Carmeaty Burana. Or Satan to Meat Golem.

I guess if I was bored enough, I could convert the SMB soundtrack to OGGs and replace the songs in the Binding of Isaac classic music mod folder.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

something posted:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a glorious synergy, but triple shot + fetus in a jar + ipecac = a triple explosion that gets set off immediately around me like kamikaze, and it isn't hurting me even though I don't have pyromaniac.

Edit: just got money = power on top of that (I have 99 coins due to lucky rock). Run is won.

Ipecac works extremely well with anything that multiplies your damage. Dr. Fetus just happens to shoot bombs that do triple your damage so each bomb is doing at least 120 damage a pop.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

something posted:

Dr. Fetus and IPECAC have a special interaction where your own tears won't hurt you anymore if you have both. It's not the same as Pyromaniac, it won't protect you from bombs or anything else.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Well, I just got the I am Error room for the first time in either game.

Also, gently caress the goddamned Cursed Eye. At least the Dead Cat only betrays my trust half the time I pick it up, and half the time it saves my butt. But the Cursed Eye can burn in Sheol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codiekitty posted:

Well, I just got the I am Error room for the first time in either game.

Also, gently caress the goddamned Cursed Eye. At least the Dead Cat only betrays my trust half the time I pick it up, and half the time it saves my butt. But the Cursed Eye can burn in Sheol.

The Cursed Eye is an alway-leave for me. It's never managed to be worth it even if I don't get hit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anyone gotten the, I think, new 2 by 2 room with 4 rotating laser eyes in the middle around 4 magnets with 6 mom hands? It's the loving devil.

Edit: Also, they moved the poops in front of the doors in the infamous red-poop room one tile off the doors. Good call.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 9, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It sucks when your main source of damage on a floor is an easily avoidable spike tile or red poop you run over because you want to quickly run back to the shop on the far end of the map, thinking you cleared all rooms in between.

I'll admit that has happened more than once to me. :negative:

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Anyone gotten the, I think, new 2 by 2 room with 4 rotating laser eyes in the middle around 4 magnets with 6 mom hands? It's the loving devil.

Edit: Also, they moved the poops in front of the doors in the infamous red-poop room one tile off the doors. Good call.

Oh yeah, I've gotten that in the Womb. And I had flight to, so it was possible for the magnets to draw me to their island and trap me in the middle of them.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Dr. Fetus posted:

Dr. Fetus and IPECAC have a special interaction where your own tears won't hurt you anymore if you have both. It's not the same as Pyromaniac, it won't protect you from bombs or anything else.

The bug/possibly synergy was more that I had no projectile. I just... exploded, just like kamikaze.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

something posted:

The bug/possibly synergy was more that I had no projectile. I just... exploded, just like kamikaze.

This sounds familiar. I think it has to do with the projectiles coming out and contacting each other immediately which makes them explode. I didn't have this exact setup but something similar (I can't remember what). It was close enough though that I could play around with moving and firing and sometimes my shots actually went outward instead of blowing up in my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think if your tear hitboxes are big enough, like if you had Proptosis or something else that increase tear sizes, IPECAC tears will touch each other and explode.