Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It comes out soon for the Nintendo Wii U. This game is going to be extremely epic. You can preorder and preload on the Wii U eshop. Let's talk about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The entire basis of every single Kirby game that I have played is that he sucks.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The entire basis of every single Kirby game that I have played is that he sucks.

I saw this post before you edited it and it was somehow even worse.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought Kirby 64 was alright but it's to slow paced of a platformer for this gamer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it looks beautiful, such a waste that it's not a conventional kirby game

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I thought Kirby 64 was alright but it's to slow paced of a platformer for this gamer.

I agree, 64 is my least favorite Kirby Game. I think Superstar and pretty much all the others are more fast paced and cool though. Kirby is just a nice, fun, and relaxing series.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I agree, 64 is my least favorite Kirby Game. I think Superstar and pretty much all the others are more fast paced and cool though. Kirby is just a nice, fun, and relaxing series.

Sorry, I meant, the Kirby Series is too slow paced fort this gamer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kirby 64 and Epic Yarn are the only ones I played, and I wasn't a fan of Epic Yarn at all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Sorry, I meant, the Kirby Series is too slow paced fort this gamer.

you should at least try superstar or superstar ultra

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

Kirby 64 and Epic Yarn are the only ones I played, and I wasn't a fan of Epic Yarn at all.

Do you have the Kirby Anthology collection?

I played that and Epic Yarn and it just solidified my opinion that Kirby is pretty much a B Tier Nintendo character and always will be.

Xenoblade, Zelda, and Mario are all A tier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I played that and Epic Yarn and it just solidified my opinion that Kirby is pretty much a B Tier Nintendo character and always will be.

Stop talking to me you rear end clown.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

Stop talking to me you rear end clown.

Never

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Xenoblade, Zelda, and Mario are all A tier.

Throw yourself off a bridge

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Throw yourself off a bridge

I still retain that Kirby is only popular due to mostly Smash brothers and because he's easy to draw.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still retain that Kirby is only popular due to mostly Smash brothers and because he's easy to draw.

go get raped

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm just amazed that Kirby is a "she" in Rainbow Curse, I guess they finally had to admit it in order to get a solid base for the series after all these years.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mods: Taint Reaper is banned from posting in any of my threads. Thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably won't be playing this but I like the look of it a lot. Good luck with the thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hehheh

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
this just seems like another game that couldve just as easily not have been a kirby game that has kirby in it to sell copies but that doesnt mean it might not be good i would have to try it before i buy it because im not sold on it being the new kirby when it doesnt seem to share much of the core kirby gameplays? get it? got it? good

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It's also illegal for starbarry clock to post in my threads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

starbarry clock posted:

this just seems like another game that couldve just as easily not have been a kirby game that has kirby in it to sell copies but that doesnt mean it might not be good i would have to try it before i buy it because im not sold on it being the new kirby when it doesnt seem to share much of the core kirby gameplays? get it? got it? good

Isnt it exactly the same as that cool ds Kirby game.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Isnt it exactly the same as that cool ds Kirby game.

Yeah. That game was extremely good and I'm glad they're making a follow up to it.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
post count +1

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
kirby was yarn and now he's clay i don't think i can keep up

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Epic Yarn is only fun in multiplayer. Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar are both great. You just might not enjoy the Kirby games, though, if you want something faster-paced.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I probably won't be playing this but I like the look of it a lot. Good luck with the thread.

I will be playing this game.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

As I read the taint reaper post, the hairs on my neck stand up and a sharp ripping sound comes from behind me. I instinctively grasp my taint when I realize... The holy Koran I keep twixt my cheeks has taken the reap for me! The word of Allah and his Prophet (PBUH) protects us in our darkest hours.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
bought a ds for the first one, cannot loving wait

The coop looks cool and like a more traditional platformer.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wormskull posted:

You should try Kirby Super Star. The series is kinda split into three different styles: the slow chill ones where copy abilities usually just have one attack, the faster tighter ones where abilities have many different attacks, and the weird experimental ones that have hardly anything to do with the other two

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only one I don't like is Dream Land 3, but I appreciate what they did with the art.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kirby is freaking awesome!

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
kirby games have ownage music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjKaz7EmAw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looper posted:

You should try Kirby Super Star. The series is kinda split into three different styles: the slow chill ones where copy abilities usually just have one attack, the faster tighter ones where abilities have many different attacks, and the weird experimental ones that have hardly anything to do with the other two

Which one is this going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Which one is this going to be.

This game is a follow up to Canvas Curse, which was a mix of the faster tighter ones and the experimental ones.

• Locked thread