Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DoctorWhat posted:

I just wish the songs weren't all mixed to only be 2 minutes long.

All the lyrical tracks (DK Rap, the Sonic Buttrock) are really kinda ruined by that.

Those aren't new songs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah but they are edited down to a roughly two minutes loop. It's why the DK Rap only has the first couple of verses.

I mean, it's obvious why they're pared down like that, but still sort of unfortunate if you wanted to hear about which Kong has a funny face.

(Not all of the imported songs are edited down though; for example, the Super Mario Galaxy staff roll is still the full four minutes.)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

(Not all of the imported songs are edited down though; for example, the Super Mario Galaxy staff roll is still the full four minutes.)

No, it did get edited, there's a portion in the middle that's similar to the phrase immediately preceding it that got cut for time.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TheKingofSprings posted:

No, it did get edited, there's a portion in the middle that's similar to the phrase immediately preceding it that got cut for time.

Is the version that's in game different from what got put on Youtube? Because that matches up with the actual credits sequence.

I'd boot up the game myself to check, but :effort:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Is the version that's in game different from what got put on Youtube? Because that matches up with the actual credits sequence.

I'd boot up the game myself to check, but :effort:

1:11-1:20ish is cut from the Sm4sh version.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Smash 4's cut-down version of Engage the Enemy really bugs me. It rips the heart and soul out of an otherwise amazing song.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I thought this was true back when the 3DS version came out, because most of those remixes were really bad, but there's actually a good number of really good new remixes. Off the top of my head...

Fortress Boss Remix
Gear Getaway
Gerudo Valley
Yoshi's Woolly World
King Dedede's Theme ver. 2
Route 10
Battle! Team Flare
Magicant/Eight Melodies
Duck Hunt Medley
Light Plane
Also pretty much any of the Mega Man remixes, but I like Spark Man the most.

I think it's just a case of, why do you need to do a remix of a song like Gusty Garden Galaxy when it's already really good and fully orchestrated and whatever else? That's a lot of work.

I just think they could have either chosen better songs, and had more remixed songs. Like, there's five different versions of Jungle Japes, when you really just need one, and there are like a million good DKC2 songs that should have been remixed. Say what you will about bonzibuddy64, but he was right about the Donkey Kong series not having enough in smash. They made another remix of the main theme of Yoshi's Island even though the Brawl one is better. OK, yeah, not everyone may agree on that one, but I think the style of the brawl one is better, and they already had the Obstacle Course song as a fast upbeat tune. What I'm saying is they could have picked something else from Yoshi's Island. Pretty much every series could have had better music done for remixes.

there's also some really bad and pointless remixes too, like the odd combination of saria's song and the oot midboss. All the fire emblem songs are from the bad Japanese-only games, and they have literally no remixes from Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. I think Ike deserves his own theme redone for Smash. There's also a bunch of remixes done for dumb poo poo like Style Savvy and Wii Fit? Maybe I haven't given those tunes a good chance but I dunno they don't sound very good. The nintendogs bathtime song owns though.

They said there was going to be like 600+ songs and while that's true the vast majority of them are either from Brawl or from the games they came from, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not enough compared to the lackluster set of new remixes. I think the main theme of smash 4 compared to brawl is pretty lame too.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I prefer original songs to Remixes. I'm glad Green Hill Zone is here and unedited.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Dedede version 2 is brilliant, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmfgVYPODSk

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have both Mario Galaxy and Pilotwings stages set to play the wonderful 101 songs at all times so it doesn't bother me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Reiley posted:

I prefer original songs to Remixes. I'm glad Green Hill Zone is here and unedited.

:barf: Of all the Genesis songs to include they included one of the worst ones with Green Hill Zone

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

kefkafloyd posted:

Dedede version 2 is brilliant, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmfgVYPODSk

Samurai King Dedede is the best King Dedede.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Deviant posted:

Samurai King Dedede is the best King Dedede.

Please don't post things from that mod which must not be named here. The admins are on high alert, and videos are being taken down from YouTube as we speak.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I wish you could click in the R-stick on the Wii U Pro controller/GamePad to do nairs/jabs. That'd be really great and maybe dumb tourney peeps would move over to the Pro Pad for superior moving nair control.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

mabels big day posted:

Please don't post things from that mod which must not be named here. The admins are on high alert, and videos are being taken down from YouTube as we speak.

gently caress you you're not my real dad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I wish you could click in the R-stick on the Wii U Pro controller/GamePad to do nairs/jabs. That'd be really great and maybe dumb tourney peeps would move over to the Pro Pad for superior moving nair control.

If you set your c-stick to attack, and hit it diagonally in any direction it counts as neutral, at least in the air.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Please don't post things from that mod which must not be named here.

Voldemod

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Macaluso posted:

:barf: Of all the Genesis songs to include they included one of the worst ones with Green Hill Zone

you young tykes, with your city escapes wouldn't know a good song if it walked up and scattered your rings

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

If you set your c-stick to attack, and hit it diagonally in any direction it counts as neutral, at least in the air.

yeah but the pro pad's not great at that because no octagon gate, and also that screws up my smash attack muscle memory.

i really should switch entirely to A-sticking tho.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
And the best remix still isn't in the American game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

KamikazePotato posted:

Smash 4's cut-down version of Engage the Enemy really bugs me. It rips the heart and soul out of an otherwise amazing song.

If it weren't cut down then it would be a song that actually has an ending in a game where every song needs to loop... mostly. Also did anyone mention The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley, because that song's really amazing to me.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Deviant posted:

gently caress you you're not my real dad

I'm just going to say Light Suit colors on the Varia Suit looks a whole lot better than the actual Light Suit in my opinion.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I JUST GOT A REALLY SICK KILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLQ3nf_3WPg#t=45

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I am sorry that you have not had many sick kills and I wish you more sick kills in the future

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am sorry that you have not had many sick kills and I wish you more sick kills in the future

gonna fthrow moar

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I just think they could have either chosen better songs, and had more remixed songs. Like, there's five different versions of Jungle Japes, when you really just need one, and there are like a million good DKC2 songs that should have been remixed. Say what you will about bonzibuddy64, but he was right about the Donkey Kong series not having enough in smash. They made another remix of the main theme of Yoshi's Island even though the Brawl one is better. OK, yeah, not everyone may agree on that one, but I think the style of the brawl one is better, and they already had the Obstacle Course song as a fast upbeat tune. What I'm saying is they could have picked something else from Yoshi's Island. Pretty much every series could have had better music done for remixes.

there's also some really bad and pointless remixes too, like the odd combination of saria's song and the oot midboss. All the fire emblem songs are from the bad Japanese-only games, and they have literally no remixes from Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. I think Ike deserves his own theme redone for Smash. There's also a bunch of remixes done for dumb poo poo like Style Savvy and Wii Fit? Maybe I haven't given those tunes a good chance but I dunno they don't sound very good. The nintendogs bathtime song owns though.

They said there was going to be like 600+ songs and while that's true the vast majority of them are either from Brawl or from the games they came from, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not enough compared to the lackluster set of new remixes. I think the main theme of smash 4 compared to brawl is pretty lame too.

there are 4 mute cities, also shout out to the forest/nature area remix no one wanted

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like the new remixes overall though

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I am forever sad that there are no music selections from Pokemon Colosseum or XD.

I just want to Falcon Punch people to samba.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
This was also a really sick kill

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Funky Valentine posted:

I am forever sad that there are no music selections from Pokemon Colosseum or XD.

I just want to Falcon Punch people to samba.

We need an update to the Elite Four stage that just puts Miror B. and Dancing Ludicolo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

doc is really cool

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

The two most glaring omissions are both iconic songs turned mediocre games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeC2osGnOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjERJzdg5EU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

The two most glaring omissions are both iconic songs turned mediocre games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeC2osGnOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjERJzdg5EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt01YBiWmhA I see your videos and raise you this

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's cute that you think anyone would want to reference anything from Network Transmission.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxiCgcBZLw

it's a super-specific scenario, but still hilarious to kill at 0%

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

It's cute that you think anyone would want to reference anything from Network Transmission.

The music from that game is still better than nearly every other Megaman soundtrack in the history of that franchise

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey what was that one music track that was taken from a Sonic game that turned out to be taken from a fansite that ended up in Sm4sh?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what are you talking about

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Dieting Hippo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxiCgcBZLw

it's a super-specific scenario, but still hilarious to kill at 0%

This works really easily on slopes as well, such as Pictochat or Yoshi's Island in the 3DS version.

Also, if you didn't know: if you are charging a smash attack and you are hit out of it, you will take something like 5% more knockback than usual. Which might be why everyone in this video is charging their attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Maple Leaf posted:

This works really easily on slopes as well, such as Pictochat or Yoshi's Island in the 3DS version.

Also, if you didn't know: if you are charging a smash attack and you are hit out of it, you will take something like 5% more knockback than usual. Which might be why everyone in this video is charging their attacks.

the knockback increase is actually stupid high at 20%, and is super hilarious

• Locked thread