Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Homoside Laws :haw:

Also, it gives you a reason why gang names in just about any game are unrealistic, because real gangs are named are copies of copies of other gang names. Look at the telephone game with the "Bachelors" and how many "Outlaws" and "Tomahawks" there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Both classics for a reason!

OB_Juan posted:

Multiclassed Wizard/Jerk in incongruous situation.

So good it's been in the OP of my Dresden Files thread for years! Although I'd say he's more a Wizard/Spiderman than a Wizard/Jerk. :)

Keep 'em coming folks!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I figure this thread might be a better choice than the official "image request thread" in PYF. A friend of mine, a semi-professional MTG player, is going to marry in August. While it's no MTG styled marriage I'd still like to send a nice confirmation that me and my SO are going to attend. I thought of an oversized Magic card with two somewhat friendly creatures (goblins?) hurrying to a destination, perhaps riding a train or other vehicle or something. Does anyone have an idea for a fitting picture? That would be so great.

You're looking for this.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Looking for a hardboiled female detective/investigator type. Cliché trenchcoats and magnums are welcome.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Young Freud posted:

Google "Botswana Heavy Metal Heads"...

Although, to be honest, Algeria is more North African and everything post is from Sub-Saharan Africa. What you're probably looking for is going to be a bit more Middle-Eastern.

Yeah I was gonna say, google "Algerians" first because you're on the wrong side of the Sahara. If you want signifiers of Algerian-ness just look up traditional Berber clothes or algerian clothing styles.

like this

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

swamp waste posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, google "Algerians" first because you're on the wrong side of the Sahara. If you want signifiers of Algerian-ness just look up traditional Berber clothes or algerian clothing styles.

like this

I want to say that Marid Audran from the George Effinger "When Gravity Fails" novels is the bastard son of an Algerian prostitute, so looking into that for cyberpunk Algeria or Middle East would be your best bet.

Of course, you get poo poo like this...

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 4, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In a just world, Stand On Zanzibar would bring up a lot of retro-afro-futurist type things. But it doesn't.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

So good it's been in the OP of my Dresden Files thread for years! Although I'd say he's more a Wizard/Spiderman than a Wizard/Jerk. :)

There's a difference?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey there thread, looking for futuristic knightly-looking armors with fully enclosed helmets that aren't from Warhammer 40k :v:

Some examples (from 40k):

Futuristic-looking medieval armor also works!

Azran fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 5, 2015

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Titans from Destiny:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Bendigeidfran posted:

Looking for a hardboiled female detective/investigator type. Cliché trenchcoats and magnums are welcome.

Tricky, but kinda fun. Some don't quite fit the mold, but sometimes you've gotta take what you can get. The first one that came to mind was V.I. Warshawski.

In her original incarnation, Silver Sable was more the detective type.
Carmen Sandiego may be on the other side of the law, but she has the look down!

Edit: Funny that Veronica Mars, Nancy Drew and some others didn't show up in a search for "female detectives." :shrug:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 5, 2015

Unformed Thought
Feb 14, 2004

Wake up. Come closer.

I think my favorites are Egyptian Warriors and Tikwondo Bros.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

swamp waste posted:

For sure, I've already got the relevant stuff for my character in particular, I was more alluding to the lines of I've not actually seen a blend of cyberpunk and African themes in general, you know?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghostpilot posted:

Carmen Sandiego may be on the other side of the law, but she has the look down!

Hey man, she was Acme's ace detective before she got bored of playing nice with Johnny Law.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hey man, she was Acme's ace detective before she got bored of playing nice with Johnny Law.

Well poo poo, how about that. :golfclap:

And now I have theme by Rockapella in my head. :dance:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

A real shame that this armor has the midriff exposed. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sole.Sushi posted:

A real shame that this armor has the midriff exposed. :v:
Someone who knows what they're doing could probably darken and smudge that area in Photoshop and change that pretty easily. I tried my hand at it, but I'm terribad.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Azran posted:

Futuristic-looking medieval armor also works!

Is this Dead Space art?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Green Intern posted:

Is this Dead Space art?

Indeed, it's basically Medieval Dead Space.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Azran posted:

Indeed, it's basically Medieval Dead Space.

Outside of the energy sword it looks really Dark Souls-y too.

Ghostpilot posted:

Tricky, but kinda fun. Some don't quite fit the mold, but sometimes you've gotta take what you can get. The first one that came to mind was V.I. Warshawski.

Edit: Funny that Veronica Mars, Nancy Drew and some others didn't show up in a search for "female detectives." :shrug:

Thanks! These are perfect.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Azran posted:

Hey there thread, looking for futuristic knightly-looking armors with fully enclosed helmets that aren't from Warhammer 40k :v:

Check out the Panoceania Knightly Orders, from Infinity.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

You could try searching for Hellgate London. The armor designs might be what you're looking for.

http://www.1zoom.net/Games/wallpaper/72232/z378.7/

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Afriscipio posted:

You could try searching for Hellgate London.

Or EYE

Steam cards tend to have a lot of good artwork.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
SAM BOSMA APPRECIATION POST

Environments!

Characters!

And More!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
What is the name of that game where you play as a kid with an imaginary monster friend that actually exists? All I can remember is that it had a really creepy part about a big bad guy who was the essence of child molesters or something???

Anyway if I played that game this would be my character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

p-hop posted:

What is the name of that game where you play as a kid with an imaginary monster friend that actually exists? All I can remember is that it had a really creepy part about a big bad guy who was the essence of child molesters or something???

Anyway if I played that game this would be my character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0

Little Fears, and you play as the children themselves IIRC. 2e got rid of the child molester big bad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Monsters and Other Childish Things is the one where you got the monster buddy.

Also, EYE is basically a 40k that looks better than 40k.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 6, 2015

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Bendigeidfran posted:

SAM BOSMA APPRECIATION POST

Environments!

Characters!

And More!

Sam Bosma is great and it turns out his fun comic, Fantasy Basketball, is getting an expanded hardcover version in July.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Night10194 posted:

Monsters and Other Childish Things is the one where you got the monster buddy.

That's the name I was thinking of. Guess my brain mushed Little Fears into the same thing. Monsters had a short comic that gave you an idea of how to actually play a character, didn't it? If anyone could post that or a link to it (unless it counts as :files: ) that'd be cool.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Alright guys, I need some unconventional cavalry, by which I mean, not horses, elephants, bears, or motorized. Hit me with your best shot!

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Well, as if the fourth option wasn't obvious.... bear cavalry!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Alright guys, I need some unconventional cavalry, by which I mean, not horses, elephants, bears, or motorized. Hit me with your best shot!
I like that bears are conventional cavalry in your reality. I did include a few mechanized, but not in the usual sense, save for the last one which is just too good to pass up.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Athas has what you're after

also rhinos

there's a million dragon riders out there too

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Lord Frisk posted:

Athas has what you're after
:stare: Yes, I think this will do nicely. Thanks, everyone!

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Lord Frisk posted:

also rhinos

Rhinos?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

E:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Giant Weasel Cavalry!

Can someone give me some clever, kickass and/or devilish octopuses? Not like octopus headed dudes or cthulhus, but octupuses (..pi? ..podes?)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

AlphaDog posted:

Can someone give me some clever, kickass and/or devilish octopuses? Not like octopus headed dudes or cthulhus, but octupuses (..pi? ..podes?)

Eclipse Phase will be your friend, I'll have more when I get home later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ha, wheres that from