Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spy 2.0 introduced me to the joy of being the goddamn Predator. Stabbing all the dudes in the back forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

SynthOrange posted:

Spy 2.0 introduced me to the joy of being the goddamn Predator. Stabbing all the dudes in the back forever.

Seriously the massive stealth XP bonus was a great incentive for me to actually start stealthing stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That the stealth chain gets broken by shooting/stabbing dudes from the front with a stealth weapon is still bullshit though. :argh:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you're in a super laggy session online you can get stealth kills for enemies who technically haven't detected you yet because you're pinging all over the place, which gives you the stealth bonus apropos of nothing.

Running through a squad of Grineer in a defense mission hosted by what appears to be a 26k modem and raking in a huge Affinity bonus is pretty drat sweet

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Neurodes arent a problem for me by doing cambria/earth over and over. I get tons of kubrow eggs, lots of t1-t3 keys, neurodes and abit money. So far 10+ eggs, and my neurodes record is 5 neurodes a 1500er run twice and 2 kubrow eggs in one run. I have 35 neurodes in my inventory atm. Try to get at least 1300 cryotic, better use recruit channel because if you just join a random group 3 out of 4 times it wont get that far. I stil do pubbie runs most of the time because i like chaos.

edit, I never bought a kubrow egg as well, why shoud i. I will get some while farming neurodes.

Naturally Selected posted:

I thought you can't have more than one egg in inventory? :crossarms:

Dammit you ruined my surprise, i wanted to share the feeling i had when that happened to me :P Yes you are right you cannot pickup the second one.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 8, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FunkyFlashman posted:

Neurodes arent a problem for me by doing cambria/earth over and over. I get tons of kubrow eggs, lots of t1-t3 keys, neurodes and abit money. So far 10+ eggs, and my neurodes record is 5 neurodes a 1500er run twice and 2 kubrow eggs in one run. I have 35 neurodes in my inventory atm. Try to get at least 1300 cryotic, better use recruit channel because if you just join a random group 3 out of 4 times it wont get that far. I stil do pubbie runs most of the time because i like chaos.

edit, I never bought a kubrow egg as well, why shoud i. I will get some while farming neurodes.

I thought you can't have more than one egg in inventory? :crossarms:

SynthOrange posted:

That the stealth chain gets broken by shooting/stabbing dudes from the front with a stealth weapon is still bullshit though. :argh:

Only if you touch them. If you're invisible and shank a bitch before they bump into you, you'll still get it. What annoys me is the goddamn stealth-kill animation forcing you to bump into another guy and cancelling all the bonuses :argh:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Renegret posted:

This happens all the time with bows. I just leveled the regular Kunai and Hikou and I haven't seen it happen with those, though.

Yet another reason why bows are the best weapons in the game.

The best thing is pinning a guy to a door with a bow, then watching what happens when the door opens :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

Even you, apparently doing things in the least effective manner achievable, have said you can still afford to buy things from the trader every 2 weeks. That means Primed Reach is entirely accessible, so its scarcity probably won't protect it from nerfs.

And then there's buying trash items for plat and selling them for ducats, though that's more of a whale thing.

It's accessible but not trivially accessible.

SynthOrange posted:

No it gets broken if you kill an alerted dude. This also includes dudes that saw their friends die. This typically happens if you approach them from the front.
So basically kill them back to front.

---

Onto other topics, it seems I missed some stuff in my latest datamining.
Namely: Void Trader Brakk and Quanta Vandal.

I also went and datamined the Dragon frame to see what it has.
Dragon Breath (fire, poison or ice, toggleable, 10 energy to cast, 5 energy to keep going)
Dragon Tremor (50 energy, fire, poison or ice, has info about raycasts so possibly checks LoS? Hm... it has auxiliary objects that currently use the Hallowed Ground mesh... Maybe it marks locations as 'on fire' or something?)
Dragon Scales (75 energy)
Dragon Pelt (100 energy, says something about a turret? Wait no I see more info. It equips you with a new weapon and suit.
...does it turn you into a loving dragon?
Wait no it has NPC behaviors. Dragon summoning?
Tail attachment, wings attachment.... poo poo I think it is a motherfucking dragon summon)

...(Dragon) Nikana Lightning Sheath?

Oh and Prisma Yamako.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 8, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Neither was Steel Charge.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

Neither was Steel Charge.

Oh c'mon all you had to do was run an alert that repeats every few weeks. Also: Uncommon rarity vs Legendary rarity and their respective core consumption.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Oh c'mon all you had to do was run an alert that repeats every few weeks. Also: Uncommon rarity.

And you specifically avoid running Defense and Survival, the two most-played game types, and can still buy stuff every couple weeks. The major differences are that trader goods are something you build towards over those weeks while you could have just randomly missed the Steel Charge alert, which would be pretty well balanced by the fact that you didn't need a million credits to trade Steel Charge but you do for any Primed mod.

They're pretty equivalent!

edit: except Primed Reach or whatever doesn't eat into their reactor money.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Cores, man. Literally twice as hard to max a Legendary mod compared to Uncommon.
(Also consider the effect of 4x Steel Charge)

But let's skip this because we have fundamentally different points of view and focus on the fact we're gonna get a Void Trader Brakk and dragonframe either summons a loving dragon or turns you into one.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
DE really did well with the spy 2.0 mechanics and the stealth affinity bonuses. It won't take a whole lot more to make it fairly close to the Metal Gear Solid experience. Late 90s stealth action, y'all. There's a few mechanics to work out like what's even considered a stealth kill, but those are pretty trivial to fix compared to incentive tweaking.

Denzine posted:

And then there's buying trash items for plat and selling them for ducats, though that's more of a whale thing.
Unless people are buying prime parts for like 2p each, it's likely to be more efficient as a whale to just buy the mods from trade chat. There's some crazy people out there spending over 1k play / month on this game and I struggle to understand how you can be so dumb with plat unless you're so rich that $50 / mo is nothing to you for this grind game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Either you're rich or you're bad with money. (as opposed to being bad with time, like us)

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
A better Quanta and Brakk? poo poo, better start farming.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Songbearer posted:

I know, it's super weird. I'm fine in real life but I have real difficulty playing online in team-based games because without going into palpitations because people seem to have a hair trigger nowadays about being even slightly mediocre. I'm not the most thick-skinned of people so when I get a torrent of abuse sent my way because I hosed up and caused something bad to happen it hits me pretty hard, more often because I feel like I've wasted everyone's time rather than the actual content of what they just said.

Then again after having played with pubbies for a bit I've learned that people literally don't have any time to talk in Warframe once a mission starts so everything is super cool and I'll probably start doing stuff with goons soon enough :v:

I just wanted to chime in and say that I have this exact same issue with team-based games. Luckily when I did finally get over my stupid anxiety and get in the goon guild I had no issues. Even if you keep dying over and over, people are more likely to laugh and revive you than anything else. Though people really seem to get upset when Denzine uses his Vauban to make the whole level a bouncy castle, or to turn them into the sun.

V: I managed to turn Earth into a moon:

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 8, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So today I learned Elevators can kill you by sending you to the Phantom Zone.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Kyte posted:

Dragon Breath (fire, poison or ice, toggleable, 10 energy to cast, 5 energy to keep going)
Dragon Tremor (50 energy, fire, poison or ice, has info about raycasts so possibly checks LoS? Hm... it has auxiliary objects that currently use the Hallowed Ground mesh... Maybe it marks locations as 'on fire' or something?)
I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh if this thing turns into another Ember On Crack frame.

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Though people really seem to get upset when Denzine uses his Vauban to make the whole level a bouncy castle, or to turn them into the sun.
Whaaat?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Cores, man. Literally twice as hard to max a Legendary mod compared to Uncommon.
(Also consider the effect of 4x Steel Charge)

But let's skip this because we have fundamentally different points of view and focus on the fact we're gonna get a Void Trader Brakk and dragonframe either summons a loving dragon or turns you into one.

We pretty much agree on everything, though. It's only whether or not the accessibility of the Primed Reach mod is going to protect it from nerfs where we disagree.

necrobobsledder posted:

Unless people are buying prime parts for like 2p each, it's likely to be more efficient as a whale to just buy the mods from trade chat. There's some crazy people out there spending over 1k play / month on this game and I struggle to understand how you can be so dumb with plat unless you're so rich that $50 / mo is nothing to you for this grind game.

That is actually the case. People will sell their huge piles of junk Mag parts for pennies. Also grinding out a millions credits is extremely tedious, way worse than buying 100 10-ducat parts 4 at a time. I mean, that's 25 trades vs. 4 hours in Yursa.

And there's a lot of junk parts worth more than 10 ducats.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Yeah, I don't get it either, but they do.

^: Akbronco links are still 50!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What's some good weapons nowadays? Still running my ancient set of Hek/Braton Vandal, Despair and Dual Zoren.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nalesh posted:

What's some good weapons nowadays? Still running my ancient set of Hek/Braton Vandal, Despair and Dual Zoren.

There's a lot of good stuff. What are you in the mood for? Bullets? Arrows? Lasers? Explosions? Neon acid tentacle disco?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
JUSTICE HEK (aka Hek + the Steel Meridian mod) is not ultimate top tier but it handles its own pretty well and it's fun to boot. Even more so if you manage to get Primed Point Blank.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah you should definitely get the Steel Meridian mod for Hek, it's really good.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

Yeah you should definitely get the Steel Meridian mod for Hek, it's really good.

It makes the Hek almost as good as the Sweeper!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
sadly didn't go with steel viridian, went new loka and whatever the red tenno dudes that want to burn everything.

But yeah, the weirder the weapon the better, like I'm currently building the chain lightning gun and tentacle whip.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
So i the kohm totally ruined now or can it still kill things with a distinctly unshotgun-like spread

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

sadly didn't go with steel viridian, went new loka and whatever the red tenno dudes that want to burn everything.

But yeah, the weirder the weapon the better, like I'm currently building the chain lightning gun and tentacle whip.

Luckily a ton of us do have Steel maxed, so just ask for a Justice Hek mod in guild chat.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nalesh posted:

Get the Angstrum, it's a pocket rocket launcher.

Turbonerd
Feb 18, 2014
I could use some recommendations for goofy fun scifi guns, the sillier the better. So far I have an Amprex, I've got blueprints for a glaxion, and the Bolto with the suda mod, would like more similar guns of that nature. Actual effectiveness is nice, but not required.

edit: related question, is the quanta the bow that shoots the little cubes?

Turbonerd fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 8, 2015

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost

TheRationalRedditor posted:

So i the kohm totally ruined now or can it still kill things with a distinctly unshotgun-like spread
It isn't a shotgun version of a spray and pray weapon like Amprex to the same degree as it used to be but it's fine if you pack some punch through for taking dudes down in hallways. Ammo mods are not as necessary as before so you can try something else in the slot. I'm someone that runs a 4 forma Amprex with no ammo mods though so YMMV as usual.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Back to extractor chat for a minute: In your experience, has the distiller been worth the oxium to build? I am in need of plastids right now but I'd rather do other poo poo than farm Saturn. The extractors are cheap enough but if I'll never dig up any uncommons then I don't see them being worth the credits. Tangentially, are DSD's better for farming resources than survival?

Also, can someone tell me what reason to have anything other than the Carrier equipped at all times? I maxed a Dethcube and Wyrm last week and neither one did anything halfway as useful as the Hoover.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's still a decent-ish murdermachine if you run it with a Mirage, but it's nowhere near as fun or as decidedly murderous as it was. It also feels broken because it still does the spin-up thing but stops it really quickly, at a low ROF. It also has many less pellets, so it's range ability has been pretty much hammered into the ground, since you won't get a half-dozen hits across two rooms any more.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sandweed posted:

The goon clan is super friendly and gives zero shits about how you perform. This game is not that hard. A long as you don't bring all rank 0 gear to a T4 we won't care.

Neurals: Jupiter Survival: Elara is my favorite, it's more fun that endlessly running salad.

Why not Dark Sector Defense?

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheTechnoTurian posted:

I could use some recommendations for goofy fun scifi guns, the sillier the better. So far I have an Amprex, I've got blueprints for a glaxion, and the Bolto with the suda mod, would like more similar guns of that nature. Actual effectiveness is nice, but not required.

edit: related question, is the quanta the bow that shoots the little cubes?

Get the phage, I won't ruin it for you but it ranks among the silliest guns mechanics wise.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Lord Wexia posted:

Back to extractor chat for a minute: In your experience, has the distiller been worth the oxium to build? I am in need of plastids right now but I'd rather do other poo poo than farm Saturn. The extractors are cheap enough but if I'll never dig up any uncommons then I don't see them being worth the credits. Tangentially, are DSD's better for farming resources than survival?

Also, can someone tell me what reason to have anything other than the Carrier equipped at all times? I maxed a Dethcube and Wyrm last week and neither one did anything halfway as useful as the Hoover.

Generally, no. The increase in % to get rares isn't large enough to matter. (Also, FYI, it runs for 8 hours per run, but delivers twice as much per run as Titan.)

As for companions, the Wyrm's aoe stun can be useful in some content. Helios' scan is neat if you're a completionist intent on maxing out your codex. Otherwise, yes, Vacuum is king, followed by the dig dog.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Anyone here with access to Rakta Ballistica? I can offer a Secura Dual Cestra for it. (Or Sancti Castanas in a couple of days.)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

drat, I actually want a Secura Dual Cestra...

Would you make that trade in a couple days?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Kyte posted:

No it gets broken if you kill an alerted dude. This also includes dudes that saw their friends die. This typically happens if you approach them from the front.
So basically kill them back to front.

---

Onto other topics, it seems I missed some stuff in my latest datamining.
Namely: Void Trader Brakk and Quanta Vandal.

I also went and datamined the Dragon frame to see what it has.
Dragon Pelt (100 energy, says something about a turret? Wait no I see more info. It equips you with a new weapon and suit.
...does it turn you into a loving dragon?
Wait no it has NPC behaviors. Dragon summoning?
Tail attachment, wings attachment.... poo poo I think it is a motherfucking dragon summon)

...(Dragon) Nikana Lightning Sheath?

Oh and Prisma Yamako.

if they've gone with the dragon frame fan suggestion that was super popular on the warframe forums, the ultimate is transforming into a dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Wait, Liu Kang is the new frame then?