Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eb1yih5kNY

as for pentium PCs, well

they're harmless :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just think, the G4 was out at a time when even AMD was making better CPUs than intel

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

was it the apple card or Lucent? if apple card it's actually a second gen airport

edit: wow sure is scary to see pre-warty schiller and old school ive

lucent silver

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

atomicthumbs posted:

piece of LITERAL loving GARBAGE RRRARARHGJ

where is it you work again that such things might be found?

I'm asking, uh, for a friend.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

eschaton posted:

where is it you work again that such things might be found?

I'm asking, uh, for a friend.

an actual computer garbage dump

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Sudo Echo posted:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sudo Echo posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I had a loving perfect 1.25 ghz g4 fully upgraded with the Pro speakers.

Was gonna give it to sniep

then my loving meth addict child beating tenants broke it and it's now sitting in the back of my car with a broken arm and bezel.

sorry sniep. i tried to get it out to ya

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

I had a loving perfect 1.25 ghz g4 fully upgraded with the Pro speakers.

Was gonna give it to sniep

then my loving meth addict child beating tenants broke it and it's now sitting in the back of my car with a broken arm and bezel.

sorry sniep. i tried to get it out to ya

hey im stil down for the pro speakers lol... you know how much of a mac whore i am

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
aight i gotta clean it out to do the fuel pump in the morning (pump under rear seat), i'll reserve what i can for ya.

Also have my //gs for camh, gonna be a hundo to ship or so but gotta get that out.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

that's pretty much all you can do with an original Airport other than use it for a hat around halloween

i wish

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

more classic jony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIFdBp8rbtA

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ugh

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

theadder, prophet of stebe~ and jony~, turning his nose up at an apple trailier? :eyepop:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Forums Terrorist posted:

theadder, prophet of stebe~ and jony~, turning his nose up at an apple trailier? :eyepop:

to see ive laid so low at the nadir of his power betrayed by an army of his servants

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

there are not enough wandows developers to slaughter to make restitution to him

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"what should that object be? what on earth should it look like?"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

THC posted:

"what should that object be? what on earth should it look like?"

*designs perfect merger of form and function*

*watches spindler and an army of bean counters poo poo all over it, cries into tub of ben and jerry's*

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

whatever ~'computer'~ means,,,

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
jony talks like one of those artists who kinda bullshits and toys with your head when you ask "what does your art mean?"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

hey i found a pile of old softalk magazines what should i do with them

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
the best keyboard apple ever made is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

do you think these would still be 100% with an adb-usb adapter? i see 60 bucks for full sets on ebay, another for 40 adapter and you're pretty hipster for a hundo

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Jonny 290 posted:

do you think these would still be 100% with an adb-usb adapter? i see 60 bucks for full sets on ebay, another for 40 adapter and you're pretty hipster for a hundo

I have one, they work fine with an adb-usb adapter.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

everything adb works fine through an adb-usb adapter.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

agreed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i've been thinking about getting and adb-usb adapter for my apple extended keyboard

i still like the keyfeel on that thing and it seems a shame to leave unsued.

i'm curious how well it'll work in windows though

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

infernal machines posted:

i've been thinking about getting and adb-usb adapter for my apple extended keyboard

they work great in windows. you may want to print little labels to mark off actual keys.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
i wonder if i still have my adb-usb adapter

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Nintendo Kid posted:

they work great in windows. you may want to print little labels to mark off actual keys.

yeah I've been using an apple extended keyboard II with USB adapter in windows for a few months now.

the win key and alt keys are "swapped" - option is alt and cmd is win key. the = key in the keypad doesn't work. and the power key doesn't work. everything else is great.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

i wonder if i still have my adb-usb adapter

i'll buy it from you if you do

you're in TO right?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ya

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

you should, and it'll work fine. it'll last forever too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
why use anything other than the Dell AT101w. The crown Victoria of keyboards ?? FTW

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Smythe posted:

why use anything other than the Dell AT101w. The crown Victoria of keyboards ?? FTW

nah this is the best dell (and all) keyboard of all time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

i've run into enough of those that just felt like poo poo after a few years of use. mind you there's no telling how much poo poo had been spilled on/in them by that point, but i had an office full of them that just felt like mushy rear end (not in a good way)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if you find it let me know if you want to sell it.

saves me getting one of us amazon and trying to ship it up here

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nintendo Kid posted:

while the keys do wear out after a really long time i love this form factor and wish more keyboards at least looked like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

if you find it let me know if you want to sell it.

saves me getting one of us amazon and trying to ship it up here

you can also put together an adapter from a microcontroller board like an Arduino and open source software, I don't remember its name offhand but there's a "universal USB keyboard adapter" project that does ADB, Mac Plus, Sun, NeXT, Symbolics, and more.

that would also let you adjust the command/option key mapping for use with scrub-tier OSes if you really must

• Locked thread