Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

roundmidnight posted:

I still think it'll be the Knicks.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The Knicks need this, too. If the Lakers poo poo the bed we still have tons of poo poo to talk about for them. If the Knicks lose the title of the absolute worst I think we may have a mass suicide on our hands.

The Lakers always beat the Knicks, there's no way we won't win this one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jesus Rocket posted:

So is Lillard going to replace Griffin in the ASG?

Yes, they just announced this over the OKC game.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Illinois Smith posted:

what a poo poo

the part where he calls the guy an alcoholic just so he can boast about his own sobriety is super weird

The shocking part to me is that alcohol hasnt been involved in Dolan's tenure

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lillard should be forced to play the 4/5

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
He'll probably only be on the court for like 6 minutes given that he's the 12th man, so it's not really a big deal anyways who they pick.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The fact that Dolan responded to that poo poo cracks me up. C'mon he must get emails like that every single day, why even bother? Oh wait, Dolan.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cheers to Damian Lillard, who got into the all star game by being good and also being a whiny baby on line.

Jeers to the selection of a guard instead of another 4 or 5. Like Zach Randolph, for instance.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ehhh, Cousins got Kobe's spot so it all evens out guard/forward wise.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
If you have a contract bonus for making the ASG, do you still get it if you're filling in for an injured player? Probably varies by endorser, but still.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Cheers to Damian Lillard, who got into the all star game by being good and also being a whiny baby on line.

Jeers to the selection of a guard instead of another 4 or 5. Like Zach Randolph, for instance.

Yes, I'm sure a single rapidly-deleted tweet had a great deal to do with his selection.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Deke is tiny

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 8, 2015

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Papercut posted:

Yes, I'm sure a single rapidly-deleted tweet had a great deal to do with his selection.

Portland fans cried so hard Silver even started talking expanding the all star teams.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

havelock posted:

If you have a contract bonus for making the ASG, do you still get it if you're filling in for an injured player? Probably varies by endorser, but still.

Yeah, It'd depend on the contract, but Dame gets to call himself an all-star again. Wasn't he an injury replacement last year too? (no one ever remembers those details)

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Mitch McGary????

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Its Kyle Lowry

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

tatankatonk posted:

Mitch McGary????

he owns but Clips only had two functional bigs by the 2nd quarter so I'm withholding judgement. Looked like Adams broke his hand, so he'll get some burn.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Its Kyle Lowry

No, I meant that Mitch McGary is a random backup big for the Thunder who just put up a 19/10 game against the Clippers today and looked good doing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqpivj_HR5I

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I think it might have more to do with the Clippers starting Spencer Hawes with no depth behind him

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Lakers starting five today was Jordan Clarkson, Wayne Ellington, Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black, and Robert Sacre. That has to be the worst starting lineup in franchise history, right?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

The Clippers may be falling out of the playoff picture in a months time. That's crazy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Terry Glenn posted:

he owns but Clips only had two functional bigs by the 2nd quarter so I'm withholding judgement. Looked like Adams broke his hand, so he'll get some burn.

Man the Thunder can't catch a break this year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Who the gently caress is Mitch McGary

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Injury plagued first rounder from Michigan that people thought the Thunder reached on.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bashez posted:

The Clippers may be falling out of the playoff picture in a months time. That's crazy.

And it's only been like a week since Zach Lowe wrote an article about how they were one of the most dangerous teams in the west.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Clippers are pretty close to only needing to play 500 ball the rest of the way to end up in the playoffs anyway even with this slide.

And unless you guys are going to finally agree with me that Chris Paul is massively overrated, they got two superstars which is still a fairly good formula for playoff success.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 8, 2015

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Rick posted:

The Clippers are pretty close to only needing to play 500 ball the rest of the way to end up in the playoffs anyway even with this slide.

And unless you guys are going to finally agree with me that Chris Paul is massively overrated, they got two superstars which is still a fairly good formula for playoff success.

Griffin is going to miss a month. Their front line is not good without him.

In the next month the Clippers are playing Minnesota twice as their only "easy" games and I really don't even know how easy that's going to be if Minny is healthy and Blake is still out.

Edit: They play the kings as well, forgot them. Full list:

Dallas x 2, Rockets x 3, Spurs, Kings, Grizzlies x 2, Bulls, Twolves x 2, Blazers, Warriors. All of this before March 15. Blake is probably going to be back for the last week or two of it. It looks bad though.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 8, 2015

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://vine.co/v/OUJvXbhmEJU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
When one of your stars is injured for a while in this year's Western Conference, it's possible to be a legit title contender and in danger of missing the playoffs.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who the gently caress is Mitch McGary

My dad. Mitch McGary is my dad.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

tatankatonk posted:

The Lakers starting five today was Jordan Clarkson, Wayne Ellington, Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black, and Robert Sacre. That has to be the worst starting lineup in franchise history, right?

Minnesota didn't want Wayne Ellington. That is how bad that starting 5 is.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"Down 20 though, homie. You're down 20 though, homie"?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

straight up brolic posted:

what the gently caress

You know, I'm just asking questions, but remember that trainer that Blake "simulated" with, he'd be in a pretty good position to contaminate things

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Spoeank posted:

"Down 20 though, homie. You're down 20 though, homie"?

Someone tweeted a paraphrased version and I think you nailed it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

I know we all laugh at Utah's crazy strategy of locking up average guys to huge contracts but Burks/Hayward/Favors/Gobert might actually be a pretty good 2 through 5. Not sure on Burke or Exum though.

The Burks contract is awful but he's an okay reserve wing. The really need a point guard (hopefully Exum because Burke is complete trash), and find a starting shooting guard who can hit 3s. I really really want them to land in the top 3 and draft Russell.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

tatankatonk posted:

Mitch McGary????

Mitch McGary

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Minnesota didn't want Wayne Ellington. That is how bad that starting 5 is.

The kings waived him too!

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somebody read KD's lips and tell me what he said. *I translated it as "You gotta do it when I'm out there." or "You gotta do it in the playoffs, Chris."

*I am bad at lip reading.

EDIT: I see someone got it already. And I was way off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

PantsFreeZone posted:

Somebody read KD's lips and tell me what he said. *I translated it as "You gotta do it when I'm out there." or "You gotta do it in the playoffs, Chris."

*I am bad at lip reading.

EDIT: I see someone got it already. And I was way off.

You're the best

• Locked thread