Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

less laughter posted:

Yes, via Wii mode on the Wii U.

Perfect, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Burger Trench posted:

Perfect, thank you

Just to be clear, you won't be able to play it without a Wii Classic Controller of some sort.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

I know this is a stupid question but why would I want to get kid icarus over sticker star?

Sticker Star isn't that great, whereas Kid Icarus is loving amazing

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Ineffiable posted:

I know this is a stupid question but why would I want to get kid icarus over sticker star?

Sticker Star has this weird identity crisis thing going on where it kind of wants to be a "point-and-click-ish" adventure game (get [ITEM] to bypass [OBSTACLE]/[BOSS]) and an RPG-lite and some other stuff going on but it never does any of these things well and you're left with a mess of a game in terms of gameplay stuff.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, on the other hand, is perfect.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There are no stupid questions, just deprived gamers

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are either of the Dillon games any good?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I seem to remember people saying the Ghost Recon strategy game on 3DS was actually decent. Is it actually good and does it give coins?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's an okay game but if you're really into grid-based strategy, you'll probably find it lacking. I breezed through the campaign and the challenges at the hardest difficulty with the exception of a really early mission and the last mission. It's a very good "baby's first strategy game".

But you won't get any coins from it. If you're looking for stuff to give you coins this should help: https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Edit: Nevermind I suck dicks, I forgot about all those games having Clancy's name plastered all over them.

Do not even ask fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 8, 2015

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

You get 30 coins from the eshop version of it, which is $7.50 this week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Obviously Wii Party U is the best game available, it costs the most points.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I seem to remember people saying the Ghost Recon strategy game on 3DS was actually decent. Is it actually good and does it give coins?

I'd say it's worth it at 7.50- think portable easy Xcom Lite. The GI Joe aesthetic crossed with the usual Tom Clancy wankery is also hilarious.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

greatn posted:

Obviously Wii Party U is the best game available, it costs the most points.

It's because it comes with a pack-in downloadable wiimote and gamepad stand.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

are people able to get onto club nintendo? When I try the website has been saying it's down for maintenance for like a week now.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I am browsing it right now.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

numerrik posted:

are people able to get onto club nintendo? When I try the website has been saying it's down for maintenance for like a week now.

It works sporadically. (I just logged in.) Do you mean that blue message bar at the top? That's just a "yeah, we know it's kinda janky, hold your horses" message.

Give it another shot. Earlier this week it was way worse, and the only way I managed to get some codes was to do them after I got up for work at 5 AM (EST).

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I raided my nephews' skylander game collections for the last few points I needed for platinum. Holy poo poo, they gave me like 80-100 points each. I cashed in 12. So many points. So much room for activities.

I bought all the games I don't have, bought the messenger bag and the ds game case as well. Now I have 10 coins left from the thousands I'd been hoarding. Goodbye club Nintendo, you were a thing.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

numerrik posted:

I've also been unable to get on it at all for like half a week, just getting the maintenance page.

(Oh, just checked and it's finally working for me again, though!)

Chinook posted:

Do you mean that blue message bar at the top? That's just a "yeah, we know it's kinda janky, hold your horses" message.

Not the banner, for me, it had been redirecting to a full-page thing saying that the site was down for maintenance.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've gotten that a few times and it usually resolved itself by refreshing a few times. But lately it's been logging in, just taking a few minutes to actually do so.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dont look at your to-do history or you'll see all the surveys you let expire and how many coins you gave up on :I

300+ for me. :suicide:

If I can somehow squeeze out enough coins for Donkey Kong 3D and the 3DS game case, I'll be okay. How many would Shovel Knight get me?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'd say it's worth it at 7.50- think portable easy Xcom Lite. The GI Joe aesthetic crossed with the usual Tom Clancy wankery is also hilarious.

Also the reason it feels Xcom-Lite is because it's literally made by the creator of Xcom. It doesn't take great advantage of the 3DS's features, but that's because it's an original DS game that was delayed and retooled into a 3DS launch game. If you're fine with that, it's a solid portable strategy game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
So I got Concentration Training and I can do fast 2-back on calculations without even thinking but as soon as it hits 3-back, I just burst into flames.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here's a CN code for a 3DS XL: TAKEN

Ultigonio posted:

So I got Concentration Training and I can do fast 2-back on calculations without even thinking but as soon as it hits 3-back, I just burst into flames.

Stick with it. It felt impossible at first but now I can do 5-back. gently caress devilish listening though.:suicide:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 8, 2015

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

The Duck of Death posted:

300+ for me. :suicide:

If I can somehow squeeze out enough coins for Donkey Kong 3D and the 3DS game case, I'll be okay. How many would Shovel Knight get me?

20 for registration, 10 for post play. You should buy it anyways though because it is a Good Game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ultigonio posted:

This game is never coming to Europe is it

Maybe it's some kind of meta brain training to see how long it'll take for me to forget it exists (the answer is never dr kawashima)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Here's a CN code for a 3DS XL: H6L-99ZT-A9Q9-2ZG

I think I registered it? Said it didn't qualify for a survey.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

e: f;b

gay skull fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 9, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think I registered it? Said it didn't qualify for a survey.

A lurker may have taken it first.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lurker may have taken it first.

Aah, makes sense. Kinda thought it'd simply stop me from registering it if someone had already done so.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

This game is never coming to Europe is it

Maybe it's some kind of meta brain training to see how long it'll take for me to forget it exists (the answer is never dr kawashima)

Tesco UK has listed its release for Feb 14. I put a preorder last month -- let's see what happens.

Zavvi has had the game listed as 15 March for, like, six months. Nintendo's own site just keep listing it as TBA. :sigh:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Flooger posted:

I bought Captain Toad brand new and there was no Club Nintendo PIN inside, but the website says it redeems for points. How?

I am literally 1 game away from platinum, wtf Nintendo.

If you bought it new from Gamestop then technically you're buying used because they open all their games before selling them. It's possible that an employee is swiping all of the registration codes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The code is on the inside of the box cover

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

greatn posted:

The code is on the inside of the box cover

elf help book posted:

Is it on the inside of the case cover paper?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm still gonna say it's in there and he just isn't looking right.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze from Gamestop new also and it didn't have a code either. Inside cover is just a white sheet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah it wouldn't have it on the inside cover, it came out before they started doing that. You got gypped.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I only got my Wii U recently, it was the version that came bundled with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland... one came with a code, one didn't. But I'm pretty sure both games are supposed to have it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Stick with it. It felt impossible at first but now I can do 5-back. gently caress devilish listening though.:suicide:
Oh my god devilish listening???

Overall, I'm really enjoying it. The non-devilish stuff so far is pretty enjoyable, and the variety of it leaves me reasonably excited to see what else is offered.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Best Buy is doing 10% off eShop cards again.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy is doing 10% off eShop cards again.

Anyone know how long these things last? Getting some best buy gift cards tomorrow, so hopefully it'll still be on sale then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

Yeah it wouldn't have it on the inside cover, it came out before they started doing that. You got gypped.

I own a disc copy of Captain Toad and the code is inside the cover, behind the disc.