Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

2 eggs, pork sausages, lemon ricotta pancakes, and fried potato things with lots of rosemary in it at Plow restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mu Zeta posted:

2 eggs, pork sausages, lemon ricotta pancakes, and fried potato things with lots of rosemary in it at Plow restaurant.

Oh drat I want that.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Mu Zeta posted:

So far the only thing I have wanted to acquire in this thread.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That is a delicious looking breakfast. Goddamn.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

echoplex posted:

I bought a vinyl cutter.

It is fun.

Oh this takes me back. I had a summer job at a sign shop for a couple years. I must've "weeded" thousands of those vinyl cut-outs. That job made me mad-skilled at decal / sticker application and removal.

I got this HP Envy 4500 printer:

I kind of did a spot-search for review while standing in the aisle at the store. Seems pretty good for basic printing and copying. I haven't owned a printer in 6+ years so I really don't have a good basis for comparison.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mu Zeta posted:

That is seriously appetizing. Where is that place?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm actually jealous of someones breakfast.

Well, this is an odd day.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dick Trauma posted:

That is seriously appetizing. Where is that place?

Based on his typical food posts ITT probably somewhere in the Bay Area.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Teach posted:

(It probably won't help anyone to say that the store was in Doha, Qatar. Sorry.)
They'd have to pay me a lot of money to go back there again.

That said I'd totally blow money on a mantlepiece clock that I found at the mall on my brief venture off base.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Geoj posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, I can go eat there this week!

I CAN acquire it!

I bought a stupid little pen to draw on my stupid little phone

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Geoj posted:

There is a really good breakfast place named Plow in SF, yeah.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Arc'teryx Perimeter pants in tamarind. Friend saw them on the clearance rack at the local REI & snagged them for me. Looking forward to testing them out on my next bike commute in the rain.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Tulip Candy posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, I can go eat there this week!

I CAN acquire it!

I bought a stupid little pen to draw on my stupid little phone

Is this a capacitive pen? If so, link please, been looking for one with an actual point instead of the sausage finger crap ones that are everywhere.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Is this a capacitive pen? If so, link please, been looking for one with an actual point instead of the sausage finger crap ones that are everywhere.

It indeed is! No idea if it's actually good, the reviews are pretty mixed. But, it was pretty cheap so if it ends up breaking I can always invest in the supposedly better, full-size one (this is the mini version).

http://tinyurl.com/nd5z4l2

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Whoforthenwhat posted:

If so, link please, been looking for one with an actual point instead of the sausage finger crap ones that are everywhere.

About that...

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

drunk me got on Vistaprint with a scaled down and not sharpened image. No regrets

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

A water bottle with a hand-holder thing and a pocket for holding keys and stuff. I've decided to become an rear end in a top hat jogger and am aiming for going from "a 5k is the biggest challenge I can think of!" to a marathon in May.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Completing my trekking equipment with stuffs for a different kind of environment:

Cheap gaiters

Cheap intermediate layer

Cheap thermal tights

to go do this for a few days

in here (Vosges)

edit:

and probably a bottle of this

or this

for the long evenings around the campfire since beer is too heavy to carry around

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Feb 9, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Even though someone already pointed out that it has a large, flared-out portion at the end, the reason most capacitive styluses (styli? stylopodes?) are "sausage finger" sized, is because the average capacitive touchscreen isn't precise enough to detect anything finer than that*.

It's interesting that the touchscreens we're using now are, from one perspective, worse than the one that was on my old circa 2005 Windows Mobile phone.

*There are some exceptions, like tablets with WACOM built-in, and maybe the Samsung Note series?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Even though someone already pointed out that it has a large, flared-out portion at the end, the reason most capacitive styluses (styli? stylopodes?) are "sausage finger" sized, is because the average capacitive touchscreen isn't precise enough to detect anything finer than that*.

It's interesting that the touchscreens we're using now are, from one perspective, worse than the one that was on my old circa 2005 Windows Mobile phone.

*There are some exceptions, like tablets with WACOM built-in, and maybe the Samsung Note series?

The note series have Wacom digitizers

colas
Feb 14, 2007

That's like...a sip.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

App13 posted:

The note series have Wacom digitizers

And come with styluses.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

I got a sample of this a few months ago and liked it a lot. Found a good deal on a full-size bottle, and snapped it up. It's not an especially sophisticated fragrance, but suits me for casual / daily wear.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I bought 30lbs of Whey, 12 Strip steaks, and 15lbs of hot dogs.

Gonna be a good 2 weeks.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I bought 30lbs of Whey, 12 Strip steaks, and 15lbs of hot dogs.

Gonna be a good 2 weeks.

I read that first as "thirty pounds of Whiskey" and while that wouldn't be out of the norm in this thread I was initially confused why you would measure it like that.

I picked up Darkest Dungeon this week; good game though per its intent it's as stressful for a new player as it is for the characters you're sending to their untimely demise. Highly recommended!

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

and probably a bottle of this

or this

for the long evenings around the campfire since beer is too heavy to carry around

Go for the latter.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
A new desk. Absolutely love it. The only downside is it weighs nearly 200 pounds and was a pain to get in.

And a La-Z-Boy chair to go with it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the price of real wood

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

CapitanGarlic posted:

I picked up Darkest Dungeon this week; good game though per its intent it's as stressful for a new player as it is for the characters you're sending to their untimely demise. Highly recommended!
Never heard of this game before your post, looks absolutely fantastic. Added to wishlist, will probably pick it up as soon as it goes on sale. Thanks for the post!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ragequit posted:

A new desk. Absolutely love it. The only downside is it weighs nearly 200 pounds and was a pain to get in.

Nice desk, I really like how it curves in the middle.

content:

I had $20 in Best Buy rewards that were about to expire, so I preordered this:

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

CapitanGarlic posted:

I'm not usually big into this type of game and I could see why a lot of people won't like the gameplay but the entire concept is really interesting. When you first pick up a hero and they are all gung-ho about adventuring then they spend a few levels in a dungeon and acquire a fear of being first or last in line and refuse not to be in the middle of the group for fear of getting attacked first or getting snuck up on it makes things interesting.

Then I had a guy who had to spend some time praying because he was scared shitless after going through some caves. While another group went off exploring he stole an amulet I left in town and sold it so he could gamble his worries away instead.

Cool concept about what people might experience if dungeons were real.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
After sweating bullets for the last month I just received my final bill for my Christmas appendectomy. My insurance company was billed ~$30,000 in total and my portion worked out to just under $500. Thanks kaiser permanente.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

colas posted:

That's like...a sip.
It's 20 ounces, which is bigger than my mini water bottle I have now, that I think is around 12 ounces. I'm not expecting this to be the one I'll be using for runs longer than like 15 miles or so, but for where I am in my training it should do nicely

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

No Egrets posted:

Thanks kaiser permanente.

First time those words have been uttered.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 :getin:

Sorry if XP offends anyone's eyes. I'm installing Windows 7 on it pretty soon.

wafflemoose has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Feb 9, 2015

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

First time those words have been uttered.

Seriously. My girlfriend has Kaiser and they were a complete shambles when she fainted twice at work last fall.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starhawk64 posted:

XP in the year of our lord 2015? :negative:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

XP in the year of our lord 2015? :negative:

No, I'm installing 7 on it soon. I wanted make sure everything worked before doing any OS reinstalling.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Starhawk64 posted:

Sorry if XP offends anyone's eyes. I'm installing Windows 7 on it pretty soon.

What's that extra doodad above the track-pad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

beato posted:

What's that extra doodad above the track-pad?

It's an extra set of mouse buttons, for when you are using the that little red nub thing, which is kinda like a trackball mouse.