Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

But he might join the League 500 if he kills it this game. He's close.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:siren: XiaoWeiXiao Yasuo :siren:

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Aaahahahahaha

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ahahaha holy poo poo.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lolololol dat dragon

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Dont pick Yasuo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I love the simultaneous "uh oh" from Jatt and Phreak.

XWX... hasn't looked particularly good recently. I would attribute it to his team falling apart around him and him being stuck with all these other people who aren't his buddies from China (does he speak English well? I was never much of an LMQ fan tbh), but still, he hasn't looked that great.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
who could have seen the 4 /0/0 midgame ahri coming???

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Balanced Champ

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
ahri is completely balanced

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Let's give Bjergsen of all people the strongest champ in the game right now. I mean, that's not the entire problem. But it speaks to their decision making.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Fix'd

PS: TSM TSM TSM

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Yasuo is such a bad pick here, he doesn't lane very well against Ahri, is less powerful in early skirmishes, and can't outscale her because he makes the comp all-AD

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think ahri is nearly a 100% PB and win rate champion in competitive this week

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

exethan posted:

I think ahri is nearly a 100% PB and win rate champion in competitive this week
She isn't too far off it in soloQ

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
XWX does have good cs. Poor guy.

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

Have any of the double AD comps worked out this weekend? It seemed like every team that tried it got wrecked. Or am I forgetting a moment or two when it worked out?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

CoffeeBreak80 posted:

Have any of the double AD comps worked out this weekend? It seemed like every team that tried it got wrecked. Or am I forgetting a moment or two when it worked out?

the problem with double AD comps is it means you have a corki or ezreal on your team

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

the problem with double AD comps is it means you have a corki or ezreal on your team

Or Yasuo :shepicide:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

CoffeeBreak80 posted:

CLG won today

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
http://gfycat.com/RapidPoisedKarakul

:denmark:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Really need a webm of the rocket heard round the world with sounds (including TSM chants) for Turtle. :canada: needs representation too!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Che Delilas posted:

Crumbzz wasn't a coach. Mylixia has been their coach for this season, TP said they have no real coach because Mylixia has never been a pro or even a challenger player. Of course they've had coaching in the meantime, I just don't know how much of an impact it had compared to Cloud (if I were to guess I'd say Cloud is by far the biggest factor, that I agree with).

Edit: Misread you a bit

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/League-of-Legends/6593/Team-Dignitas-Recruiting-for-Head-Coach-Position

I don't know why you are bringing up Mylixia or anything of that sort, Dig literally put out a spot for coaching the day Crumbzz announced he was stepping down. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but....

edit; woops, should have seen everybody else informing you about Dig's coaching situation instead of just straight up replying, that's my fault boys

Asema fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 9, 2015

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I dunno if this is new or not but yeesh

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/mym-kori-threatened-unpaid-wages/

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

I've known for a bit that there was a shitstorm with Selfie - that he flew out to Vancouver to try to play with Roar (due to LS being there) before being threatened - but the whole extent of it is pretty insane. Richard Lewis hinted at it but didnt reveal it till now.

Still, pretty hosed up that this poo poo is still happening.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gently caress that noise, holy poo poo. :stare:

I don't know if that's actually against any rules or not but if it is in the slightest I hope Riot takes a ten foot pole and shoves it up MYM's rear end. Do they fall under any labor laws? What country are they even based in and can that government also take a ten foot pole to their rear end in a top hat?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Asema posted:

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/League-of-Legends/6593/Team-Dignitas-Recruiting-for-Head-Coach-Position

I don't know why you are bringing up Mylixia or anything of that sort, Dig literally put out a spot for coaching the day Crumbzz announced he was stepping down. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but....

edit; woops, should have seen everybody else informing you about Dig's coaching situation instead of just straight up replying, that's my fault boys

Well, mostly because I see Mylixia standing in the coaching position on stage when Dig plays, and he was called the coach (not just the life coach, the coach) by the riot casters on more than one occasion. I hadn't read the official announcement.

That's why I brought it up.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Che Delilas posted:

Well, mostly because I see Mylixia standing in the coaching position on stage when Dig plays, and he was called the coach (not just the life coach, the coach) by the riot casters on more than one occasion. I hadn't read the official announcement.

That's why I brought it up.

Crumbzz detailed it in his video, and the first time Mylixia was on stage they had a segment where he was their life coach and they were still looking for a coach. But all this happened 5 days ago (again when Crumbzz stepped down and pretty much blasted ODEE and the Dig organization for being poo poo/ran like a third grade production of how a team should be ran) so it's kinda wonky that you'd get so darn defensive over this.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Asema posted:

Crumbzz detailed it in his video, and the first time Mylixia was on stage they had a segment where he was their life coach and they were still looking for a coach. But all this happened 5 days ago (again when Crumbzz stepped down and pretty much blasted ODEE and the Dig organization for being poo poo/ran like a third grade production of how a team should be ran) so it's kinda wonky that you'd get so darn defensive over this.

You're assuming again that I keep up with news and videos related to the LCS behind the scenes, and I just don't. All I go by is what I see during the tournament broadcasts. Also, not being defensive. You wondered why I'd bring something up. I told you why.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why are people managing E-Sports the most ruthless, horrifying people ever? Regi and Hotshot might be miserable little shits but that's because they're just immature and not actively cartoon villains. God. I hope Riot intervenes in the MYM thing, they wanted to in LMQ but there were so many foreign parties involved in there and probably next to nothing they could do about a Chinese company.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I was thinking about how cool reginald is today and here are the top 10 reasons

10. got the boys from the bay together in the first place
9. bad at zed, just like me
8. enjoys chipotle
7. dropped out of high school
6. yelled at dyrus for no reason, allowing dyrus to unleash his anger and play better
5. called chaox a piece of dog poo poo on the ground
4. kicked chaox for staying up late and banging fangirls and not practicing
3. kicked himself for bjergsen, an entire year before the lovely dig players all quit (kiwikid, the one true dig player remains)
2. kicked xpecial, the most passive aggressive idiot in the scene
1. has a giant potrait of himself in LCS studios

stump collector fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 9, 2015

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flameingblack posted:

Why are people managing E-Sports the most ruthless, horrifying people ever? Regi and Hotshot might be miserable little shits but that's because they're just immature and not actively cartoon villains. God. I hope Riot intervenes in the MYM thing, they wanted to in LMQ but there were so many foreign parties involved in there and probably next to nothing they could do about a Chinese company.

Presumably because the only thing they have to answer to is Riot. There aren't any governments scrambling to enforce labor standards or corporate law on normal sports, let alone esports.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

exethan posted:

1. has a giant potrait of himself in LCS studios

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Also Regi is kind of cool. It's surprising when an ego like his has enough sense to step back when the time comes. He has made a lot of really smart decisions over the course of LoL.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Also Regi is kind of cool. It's surprising when an ego like his has enough sense to step back when the time comes. He has made a lot of really smart decisions over the course of LoL.

Yeah, Regi kinda reminds me of Forg1ven, now that we have the benefit of hindsight. Really competitive, toxic because of his drive, mellowed out some with age and surprisingly entertaining nowadays. Who's ready for a pink-haired HotshotGG? :getin:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Regi reminds me of Robert Kraft.

He's the owner of everything with "Solo Mid" on it, right? Solomid.net, championselect, probuilds, etc.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Badfinger posted:

Regi reminds me of Robert Kraft.

He's the owner of everything with "Solo Mid" on it, right? Solomid.net, championselect, probuilds, etc.

Correct. He is also still a coach for TSM technically. I don't think he does much since Locodoco is the full time coach but Dyrus mentioned Regi still contributes in an interview yesterday. I imagine he's mostly busy running the business side of TSM.

Also Locodoco sure has come a long way since he got caught jerking it on stream and abandoned NA for Korea. I don't think there can be any doubt that he is the best coach in NA currently.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 9, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Scarra has been doing a really good job with CLG too, even though he can't directly help in champ select. The strength of their pick/ban has been a huge contributor to their rise to the top 3.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

Krystal making a case for being the best ADC in the LPL. That guy is a loving beast. Uzi dreams of making the plays Krystal has pulled off in the last two games. Holy gently caress do not give that guy Kalista.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNi9n-cnAQ&t=1221s

gently caress yo tower, im goin in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I missed almost all of the LCS this week, what should I watch?

• Locked thread