Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Slenderman commands Chris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is like the fifth 'peter and brian get into a big fight that ends their friendship not really' episode.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is like the fifth 'peter and brian get into a big fight that ends their friendship not really' episode.

The manatee's a little stuck right now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There's no way it's just 5.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The 2,000-Year-Old Virgin

Peter is stunned to run into Jesus at the mall, and even more stunned to discover that he is still a virgin, so Peter recruits Quagmire and Cleveland to celebrate Jesus' birthday by finding a way to end his celibacy.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Calling bullshit. Jesus totally did Mary.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jesus did his mom?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GreenNight posted:

Jesus did his mom?

St. Mary Magdalene you weirdo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
...and then I died.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I just got home and saw the description for this "Family Guy" episode, which I had recording. I don't think I've ever actually decided to cancel a first run of any TV episode, but here we are.

Dear Seth McFarlane: you don't like Christianity. We get it.:waycool:

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Majorian posted:

I just got home and saw the description for this "Family Guy" episode, which I had recording. I don't think I've ever actually decided to cancel a first run of any TV episode, but here we are.

Dear Seth McFarlane: you don't like Christianity. We get it.:waycool:

or Jews.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Stewie, Chris, & Brian's Excellent Adventure

To help Chris ace his ninth grade history class, Stewie and Brian employ the time machine for educational purposes. Not surprisingly, all three get stuck in the past.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Mister Kingdom posted:

Stewie, Chris, & Brian's Excellent Adventure

To help Chris ace his ninth grade history class, Stewie and Brian employ the time machine for educational purposes. Not surprisingly, all three get stuck in the past.

Stewie and Brian time travel episodes are usually decent, and a Bill and Ted riff has potential. Should be fun.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
But what about Pavlov's relatives?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
What did Stewie say to Brian about the woman who walks by them once they get on the ship?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Frostwerks posted:

What did Stewie say to Brian about the woman who walks by them once they get on the ship?

"See Brian, that's what I was talking about. That's brocade."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Our Idiot Brian

Meg convinces Brian to take the SAT's for her, but when he tests poorly, they start to suspect that Brian might not that smart after all. Peter decides to spend the day showing Brian the joys of being stupid and the benefits of having a low IQ.

This sounds a lot like the Simpsons episode where Homer had the crayon removed from his brain.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 11, 2015

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
What did Meg's friend say before Meg said, "That's not what you said."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

kolby posted:

What did Meg's friend say before Meg said, "That's not what you said."

Something like, "Your mom is hot".

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Family Guy annoys me a lot of the time, but it's moments like the "girlfriends cross arms" headline that make it all worth it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Majorian posted:

Family Guy annoys me a lot of the time, but it's moments like the "girlfriends cross arms" headline that make it all worth it.

What was this about?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What was this about?

The part where Meg is coaching the Mighty Ducks, it turns into a not very funny menstruation joke, then it points to this and the fact that guys probably will like the joke a lot more than their girlfriends. It was maybe 5 minutes in?

This episode is sucking now. I don't like the character turn that Brian's made over the past six or so years. He used to be Peter's urbane best friend who was also able to be low-brow with him on occasion. Now he's just a douche.

e: Ahahaha, Seth McFarlane is trying to explain that doucheyness away with a brain tumor, but the reality is he doesn't realize how bad Brian has been for a while now.

e2: Okay, Brian being unhappy with Stewie at the end was pretty funny. So was the space dog thing. Still, lovely episode.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 12, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
This Little Piggy

Meg is recruited as a model for an industry that caters to a certain group of fetishists, while Brian and Stewie hit the road together when the latter decides to see what the world is like outside of preschool.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
man they're really banking on the "brian and stewie go to an area and make witty observations about local eccentricities" formula lately

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Grin and Tonic posted:

man they're really banking on the "brian and stewie go to an area and make witty observations about local eccentricities" formula lately

I'm sure it's mostly because it's easy to write.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Take that jews!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, that certainly happened.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The Meg plot is beat for beat the same as a King of the Hill episode

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I thought the jokes were better on this episode than they had been in awhile, but that's just me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Yeah I found the bouncy clown and jew jokes particularly funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Dumb question that's probably already been answered (so apologies in advance), but has the AV Club just basically given up on reviewing "Family Guy" episodes?

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
What's the point

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
It's all morbid curiosity on my part, really. I used to love this show so much, and I'm hoping it bottoms out soon, but I also take secret masochistic pleasure from seeing a show that I used to love getting an F.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Quagmire's Mom

Lois takes Peter to open a checking account, and they discover that his first name is actually Justin, which Peter adopts as the name of his younger “bro”-style alter-ego.

Then, “Justin” throws a party, during which Quagmire unknowingly gets into some trouble with his mother

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Kingdom posted:

Quagmire's Mom

Lois takes Peter to open a checking account, and they discover that his first name is actually Justin, which Peter adopts as the name of his younger “bro”-style alter-ego.

Then, “Justin” throws a party, during which Quagmire unknowingly gets into some trouble with his mother

Didn't they just have an episode where a character became a bro.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

Quagmire's Mom

Wait, which mother? His mom who's trans or his bio mom?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

dovetaile posted:

Wait, which mother? His mom who's trans or his bio mom?

Bio mom.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

The karaoke joke is the first time I've heartily laughed out loud since, I dunno, the Star Wars Specials.

This ep is surprisingly good not terrible so far.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 9, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"There's not even any defense for statutory rape, when the world says you're guilty you're guilty"

That may have worked better if he didn't actually gently caress an underaged girl, and didn't come from a character who 90% of his jokes are about being an actual rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nice slams against Quagmire.

• Locked thread