Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

g0lbez posted:

what the gently caress was that? the spirit bomb hit, made a few rear end slap noises and then vanished?

That looks like one of his Ultimates, the X one to be specific, from what happened with Broly. It's not a Block, it literally seems to be 'activate this and you take no damage while it's up'.

Which was probably how he was able to do it in the middle of getting Spirit Bombed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

One thing I wish they'd include in CaC: being able to choose the colour of your ki.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

One thing I wish they'd include in CaC: being able to choose the colour of your ki.

I've heard that might be a thing in the future. It's all just talk though, I don't have a source.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah it's weird that Aura Change isn't in, considering it's been available dependably since at latest Budokai 3.

I'm sure it will be available for a nominal fee per color :v:.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
DBZ fan films are goddamn hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5DmV81kmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et29HzQNZ7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aadcLRxsEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkzqVcGvAk

The synopsis on the last video: Thousands of years have past since the Z Warriors protected earth of the Goku and Vegeta era. A Saiyan raised as a Jedi must begin his journey to find out who he really is after years of a truth he does not recall. Does he accomplish his mission? Find out in this three episode journey of this Saiyans life.

How is it that loving Rap Battles of History has the best looking live-action Goku?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW9Nrg_kZU

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 9, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I know everyone talks about the massive tonal shift between the Cell saga and Buu, but i never really noticed it until now. I'm actually getting around to reading the manga and, yeah, it's pretty different. Not just with the Saiyaman stuff, but Gohan is blatantly breaking the 4th wall as well.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ7kaaCHfnc
Video of Xenoverse Create-a-Goku Ultimate moves.

Is Mr Satan using a jetpack to fly, and throwing sawblades and grenades as his ki blasts?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Is Mr Satan using a jetpack to fly, and throwing sawblades and grenades as his ki blasts?
He's been doing that in every DBZ game since Budokai 1.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, why are all of the videos of Xenoverse just people playing as the most Goku or Gohan looking Saiyans they can make? I wanna see someone show off the Majin's or Frieza clan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Man, why are all of the videos of Xenoverse just people playing as the most Goku or Gohan looking Saiyans they can make? I wanna see someone show off the Majin's or Frieza clan.

The people most hype about a DBZ game are probably the people who really want to play their original fan Saiyan do not steal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The people most hype about a DBZ game are probably the people who really want to play their original fan Saiyan do not steal.

My Frieza clan guy will be the most original Frieza ever! His name is Heater and he's Frieza's heroic cousin who will return honor to his peoples name! He's got like, 10 forms!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rhonne posted:

My Frieza clan guy will be the most original Frieza ever! His name is Heater and he's Frieza's heroic cousin who will return honor to his peoples name! He's got like, 10 forms!

Um, excuse me, sir, *adjusts glasses* all of the cold clan use cold themed names. You are breaking my head canon with your gary sue!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Name him Icecuber. I well make one named Froster (do not steal)
My Saiyan will have a vegetable name, because I am a roleplayer.
Maybe a human with an Android number they didn't use in the show.
A Namek with an instrument name. Vuvuzela, the most beautiful of music-makers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A Majin; named, styled, and roleplayed after the style of the Phillie Phanatic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The problem with Majins is what to name them. Originally, it was based on the old "Bibbidi - Babidi - Boo!" line from Cinderella. Then, each buu, just has an adjective or noun before the word Buu. For example, Fat Buu, Evil Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu, etc. There isn't anywhere to go with the former route since that association is done and the latter route would likely lead to a lot of repetition in the online community (Mary Sue Buu, Gary Stu Buu, Oddly Colored Buu, Original Do Not Steal Buu, Twilight Sparkle Buu, etc.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You could go with Cinderella/Fairy Tale references in general, I guess?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sure there will an absurd amount of female Majins named Buu Bee.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Covok posted:

Um, excuse me, sir, *adjusts glasses* all of the cold clan use cold themed names. You are breaking my head canon with your gary sue!

No, you see he has a heat based name because he's an outcast and a rouge! That's what makes him so special and unique, don't steal!

Covok posted:

(Mary Sue Buu, Gary Stu Buu, Oddly Colored Buu, Original Do Not Steal Buu, Twilight Sparkle Buu, etc.)

You could just shorten that one to Mary Buu. Or Mary Bue.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Obviously you name him Boo. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Make a Buu with the lowest sates, the worst moves,trained by Yamcha, and name it Boo-Buu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think I'll name them after phrases in Disney songs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Ah, the heroic Buu Hakuna Matata.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Buu a. Man

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pureauthor posted:

All the Colors of the Buu.
Buufire!
I've got friends in the other Buu.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
He's not a man, he's a Chicken Buu.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, the heroic Buu Hakuna Matata.

Buukuna Matata

Naw, Habuuna Matata

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe, for convenience, you should just name all of your CaC's, regardless of race, Kevin.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Buukuna Matata

Naw, Habuuna Matata

What a wonderful name. :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Do you want to buuild a majin?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

Do you want to buuild a majin?

BUU WHO I CALLED BROTHER!

2D Dreamworks counts, right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Now I've got a mental image of Liquid Buu, voice acted by Cam Clark and putting forth grossly misunderstood theories on genetics.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Now I've got a mental image of Liquid Buu, voice acted by Cam Clark and putting forth grossly misunderstood theories on genetics.

Buu? Buu!? BUUUUUUU!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm naming my Namekian Saxamaphone.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Would Tromboner be a good Namekian name? Or maybe Green Pianist?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I've seen more impactful looking ultimates in Half-Life mods. Targeting seems sorta really wonky, too.

God damnit poo poo gently caress, I wanted this to be good. :negative:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Buu Urns

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Now I want to do Tulio and Miguel(from Road to El Dorado) as characters with Hercule as their mentor

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Uugie Buugie

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
If you can change colors, Majin Bluu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
I can't wait to make my Frieza clan character, Eistusiyu.

• Locked thread