Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

What game is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EXAKT Science posted:

What game is this?

GTA V

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That's a whole lotta kinstrife. I sent this screenshot to the developers and, since KODP hadn't been updated since 1999, they'd never seen this happen before. Normally you'll pass the blame to another clan but somehow I was able to blame the victims of being responsible for the Elf attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9zeCpOq6b4

A Skate 3 video that I sent into Achievement Hunter for Game Fails a couple of years ago.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Feb 6, 2015

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Testekill posted:

That's a whole lotta kinstrife. I sent this screenshot to the developers and, since KODP hadn't been updated since 1999, they'd never seen this happen before. Normally you'll pass the blame to another clan but somehow I was able to blame the victims of being responsible for the Elf attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9zeCpOq6b4

A Skate 3 video that I sent into Achievement Hunter for Game Fails a couple of years ago.

Maybe Baranthos is just really, really good at his job. :v:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

EXAKT Science posted:

What game is this?

Looks like golf, but he's got a way to go. His swing's all wrong.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

President Ark posted:

Looks like golf, but he's got a way to go. His swing's all wrong.

How many planes has Tiger Woods ever knocked out of the air, smart guy?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Not enough. :911:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This must be Roger a Muirebe's clan.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's actually a feature, afaik every weapon has a rare reload animation in Battlefield Hardline that only triggers 1 time in a thousand or sth.

It's a loving cool idea.

For example

http://i.imgur.com/V6jSjyQ.gifv

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Feb 7, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I love how he turns around.

Edit: ahaha, the RPG one is hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUe7Wh7G31o

Broken Cog has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Feb 7, 2015

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I saw this one the other day, but just now noticed that he flicks the last round to the left, off screen.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It probably curves around him so it flies into the gun from the right.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
It's the Harlem Globetrotters Reload, only real gun masters use it.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

That's pretty good. :ocelot:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Another one
http://i.imgur.com/V6jSjyQ.webm

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
These alternate reload animations are killing me.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Smugness aside, yeah they are super great. I'm probably still not going to buy BF hardline but I hope other people pick up on the idea of rare alternative animations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I have to agree, it'd definitely bring a little something to the table

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp
They should hire this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIlogViPes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WasgRxx6r4

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man that dude has done a buttload of realoading animation on his channel. What a weird find.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'd never even heard of Battlefield Hardline before, but those are cool as hell.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Phlegmish posted:

This must be Roger a Muirebe's clan.

I want to thank you for this, this little comment made me laugh so much.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm almost inclined to buy Hardline from the footage I've seen from the Beta. I'm not into FPS games, but if you're just rolling around in murdertrucks it wouldn't be so bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm almost inclined to buy Hardline from the footage I've seen from the Beta. I'm not into FPS games, but if you're just rolling around in murdertrucks it wouldn't be so bad.

Don't. Its one redeeming mode is Hotwire which has a lot of driving sometimes but it's being increasingly ruined by an unlock that lets anyone get a rocket launcher out of a vehicle's trunk, so instead of movie car chase shootouts, anytime you pass another car one of you will instantly blow up, and the survivor gets 5 seconds of relief before probably getting blown up again.

This is not unlike the rest of the gameplay, which is now just about shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. Head-on fights amount to somebody popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second, then one of you falls over dead. Repeat ad infinitum. They got rid of almost all the environmental destructibility and the large vehicles like tanks, boats, APCs and jets. Overall they just threw away a lot of battlefield's good qualities for nothing.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
If you're interested in the bank robbing portion of the game, consider the Payday series.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Don't. Its one redeeming mode is Hotwire which has a lot of driving sometimes but it's being increasingly ruined by an unlock that lets anyone get a rocket launcher out of a vehicle's trunk, so instead of movie car chase shootouts, anytime you pass another car one of you will instantly blow up, and the survivor gets 5 seconds of relief before probably getting blown up again.

This is not unlike the rest of the gameplay, which is now just about shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. Head-on fights amount to somebody popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second, then one of you falls over dead. Repeat ad infinitum. They got rid of almost all the environmental destructibility and the large vehicles like tanks, boats, APCs and jets. Overall they just threw away a lot of battlefield's good qualities for nothing.

Hardcore, that sounds awful. Maybe I'll wait til it's heavily discounted.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

EA titles don't go on sale until long after their popularity has waned.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

How is this different from BF 3/4's gunplay apart from you get to turn around and see who shoots you before you die? Or you duke it out face to face for three tenths of a second instead unless you pro-headshot them? Or you start to shoot someone and you get poo poo on by a tank/heli instead? Tell me about BF 3/4's meta gunplay because everyone is saying this but I played Hardline the same way I play 4 and ran good scores still.
Explosives spam in Hotwire does get dull though but PS4 didn't seem to have this :spergin:-RPG issue the PC had. And they went too far with destruction removal. You should still be able to level houses in that Dustbowl map but since you don't have tanks it just takes longer. And gently caress that radio and water tower, any high-flying sniper perch should be destructible.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

NotAnArtist posted:

haha!
"this game sounds terrible, when can I buy it slightly cheaper?"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Attitude Indicator posted:

haha!
"this game sounds terrible, when can I buy it slightly cheaper?"

The Bad Rats economic model

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Croccers posted:

How is this different from BF 3/4's gunplay apart from you get to turn around and see who shoots you before you die? Or you duke it out face to face for three tenths of a second instead unless you pro-headshot them? Or you start to shoot someone and you get poo poo on by a tank/heli instead? Tell me about BF 3/4's meta gunplay because everyone is saying this but I played Hardline the same way I play 4 and ran good scores still.
Explosives spam in Hotwire does get dull though but PS4 didn't seem to have this :spergin:-RPG issue the PC had. And they went too far with destruction removal. You should still be able to level houses in that Dustbowl map but since you don't have tanks it just takes longer. And gently caress that radio and water tower, any high-flying sniper perch should be destructible.

Where did I mention BF3 or BF4.

BF3 frustrated me enough to leave the series after 25 hours. I hated how much more like call of duty they made the game with the extremely reduced amounts of health, when bad company 2 was already there with a much better example of how to keep some of the battlefield feel while making it smaller-scale and more focused. Then BF4 was bad and now hardline is bad. R.I.P. Battlefield.

Re: Glitches I am at least looking forward to seeing hardline's inevitable silly battlefield glitches on release. Pretty much every game has had at least one hilarious bug when they come out but they always get patched out in a month or two so I've never gotten to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-FP-rVIvHM

Like this one. After a skyscraper collapsed you could still find the buttons for its elevators buried in the rubble, and the buttons still worked hooked up to nothing at all, so they would teleport you and anything near you up to where the roof of the skyscraper used to be.

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Feb 9, 2015

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Bad Rats economic model

No, that's "This game is terrible, when can I buy it for someone else for like 99% off?"

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

This is not unlike the rest of the gameplay, which is now just about shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. Head-on fights amount to somebody popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second, then one of you falls over dead. Repeat ad infinitum.

Sounds like most shooters these days post CoD 4 that have .0000001 second kill times on every single weapon. :can:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Tracula posted:

Sounds like most shooters these days post CoD 4 that have .0000001 second kill times on every single weapon. :can:

Excuse me, but what about Red Orchestra 2? :colbert:

Still counts if you get to bleed out crying for your mom before dying, right?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
They need to just remake 1942 with slightly better graphics/menus and the exact same shoddy engine.

Flying by jumping off of ship decks, launching jeeps using dynamite, somersaulting APCs, that one Mystery Hole on Gazala, being able to shank tank gunners by snaking up them using the prone jump...totally the best game in the series. gently caress all this MODERN WARFARE SO GRITTY poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I prefer the 'gotta go fast' style of shooter, anyway. Interestingly, haven't seen many glitches in the Serious Sam series, even though opportunities abound.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Disgusting Coward posted:

They need to just remake 1942 with slightly better graphics/menus and the exact same shoddy engine.

Flying by jumping off of ship decks, launching jeeps using dynamite, somersaulting APCs, that one Mystery Hole on Gazala, being able to shank tank gunners by snaking up them using the prone jump...totally the best game in the series. gently caress all this MODERN WARFARE SO GRITTY poo poo.

1942's wonky physics were incredible in the best way. I still remember nigh-indestructible bombers wootling carefully along at a very specific speed while engineers crawled frantically forward on top of their wings to keep pace, clinging desperately to the outside of the flying fortresses while banging on them with their wrenches to repair them. I also remember making people unreasonably angry with my Honourable Warrior Engineer gimmick where I'd burst out of cover and charge at vehicles with a war cry, then just whack them with mines at melee range, causing us both to instantly explode and die. And, of course, the one time my brother and I managed to beach an Allied aircraft carrier upside down so that anyone who spawned on it died immediately and fell through space and time while the game freaked out and lagged.

Battlefield 2142 had some extraordinary glitches and goofy physics too, until it got patched to hell and back and sanitized down to a shadow of what it could have been. I'll never understand why features like Titan movement and guided ejection pods were outright removed.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'll never understand why features like Titan movement and guided ejection pods were outright removed.

Because they didn't work and crashed the servers and lagged them to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
TLDR; I think I turned my World of Warcraft character into an NPC.

I got the nostalgia bug and ended up running my own private World of Warcraft server. I was tooling around using GM fuckery to run back through old raids and dungeons, seeing which of the old vanilla raids could be soloed. They designed a lot of raid instances to take full advantage of 25/40 people, but nothing was causing me much of an issue until I got to Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair.

For those who don't play or never experienced this joy of a boss, he randomly places one of five debuffs on a random person every few seconds. Pain in the rear end enough since there was only me and I was catching the full brunt of it, but apparently if you get all five debuffs on you at once you are mutated into an enemy unit and turn on your group. Since there was no group, my character just automatically ran and stood beside the boss until the debuff wore out and the fight started all over again.

This is where it gets weird. Enemies are generally "tethered" in that they have a predetermined distance from where they stand in which they will follow you. If you take them outside of that area, they immediately turn around and run back to where they were and forget all about you.

Since my character was technically turned into an enemy unit, the game decided that I was forever to be an autonomous hero that abides by NPC rules. What I mean by that is that I was, and still am, tethered to stand beside Chromaggus. Forever. If I try to leave the room, I lose control of my character and he immediately runs back to resume his stance beside the now dead boss.

This tethering is not limited to being inside the instanced dungeon either. If I teleport to any area in the world, my character will immediately begin hoofing it back to where it thinks Chromaggus is, even walking through walls, trees, mountains, the ocean, etc.. to get there.

Logging out didn't fix it, reinstalling he game didn't help. My character is cursed to forever be an NPC with dreams of being a hero.