Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

pentyne posted:

The director trying to say "oh we had to use this clips from past episodes, it was so difficult" seemed like the weirdest hard sell I've ever seen.

What was really weird (and lazy?) was using clips from earlier in the same episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Can we get the "tyrese was a big fat bitch and died like one" as the thread title?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh thank god I came to this thread to say this was a TERRIBLE episode made even worse by being a mid-season-premiere and am glad to see I'm not alone.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not a walking dead complainer.

Today i am. gently caress everyone. Eat a bowl of dicks/10

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This show wants to be Breaking Bad so loving desperately. Every time it tries anything "artistic" it feels so loving dishonest.

Oh yeah, garbage episode though. But hilarious. I loved every second of that mediocre David Lynch viewed through a freshman film student scene. The projector lol.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Looks like the governor got ahold of that place. This episode was a waste, the best part for me was Rick and the gang smashing sports memorabilia cases to get a clean shirt and a bat. They could have at least mentioned who's memorabilia it was. Seeing them break the case of an autographed Babe Ruth jersey because it was a clean shirt would have showed how desperate things really are.

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 9, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TBC posted:

This was such an awful episode. They managed to drag out a single death for 60 minutes.

Remember when they did that with Andrea? Except it was the whole season?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This has been a pretty poo poo couple of days for Sasha

She'll hate Tyrese after this episode too

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.

TBC posted:

This was such an awful episode. They managed to drag out a single death for 60 minutes.

I had a peek into the Better Call Saul thread and remembered that Walking Dead came back from hiatus, clicked on this thread and this was the first post I saw. Looks like shouldn't get my hopes up for this show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I hope somebody hallucinates Bob being back every episode. And I can wrap my head around every cameo *except* fuckin' Beth. Won't hallucinate our own sister, but you can fever-dream the character nobody cared about.

RIP Tyreese. We'll miss your 'wide-eyed, world weary stare and slowly back out of the room'

And LOL at Noah killing his brother(?) with a model spaceship to the dome.

i am bones
May 18, 2010

We are the Crystal Gems!

joebuddah posted:

Looks like the governor got ahold of that place. This episode was a waste, the best part for me was Rick and the gang smashing sports memorabilia cases to get a clean shirt and a bat. They could have at least mentioned who's memorabilia it was. Seeing them break the case of an autographed Babe Ruth jersey because it was a clean shirt would have showed how desperate things really are.

Yeah, because that's what we need. Something to point out how lovely and desperate things are. After Beth's/Bob's death, Eugene's lie, Noah's town being overrun, the drat zombies everywhere. :rolleyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ahahaha what was this heavy handed student level bullshit. Probably the worst episode so far, and that's saying something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

I hope somebody hallucinates Bob being back every episode. And I can wrap my head around every cameo *except* fuckin' Beth. Won't hallucinate our own sister, but you can fever-dream the character nobody cared about.

RIP Tyreese. We'll miss your 'wide-eyed, world weary stare and slowly back out of the room'

And LOL at Noah killing his brother(?) with a model spaceship to the dome.

He murked him with an F4 Phantom. :spergin:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I rarely say this but that episode sucked.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Ahahaha what was this heavy handed student level bullshit. Probably the worst episode so far, and that's saying something.

My favorite parts:

- The new kid is the such a loving slow rear end runner with apparently no ability to yell, like, at all because Goddamn was Tyreese tripping for a long long time.
- The hole in the TOP of Beth's head that came from a gun fired at waist level: Confirmed in flashbacks. Yeah the director hosed that up so bad half the thread insisted that wasn't the hole.
- The tradition of "Add a black man, kill a black man" continues. It's really gotten to be practically a trope at this point. Except this is actually the extreme edition: Add two black men, kill two black men within 3 episodes!

... and that's it because every loving part of this episode was a huge misfire.

RIP Tyreese: A few days ago you berserk raged like twenty zombies, today you couldn't take on a toothpick and a kid.

Scooter_McCabe posted:

Tyrese was a big fat bitch and he died like one too.

If a female character that was shown as capable went out with as much of a wet fart as Tyreese, people would seriously call it demeaning to women. Couldn't beat down one little rear end frail zombie, twice. Seriously couldn't they at least have had a dude that was like 6'8 beat him down? You never see a big rear end zombie on this show.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 9, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ahahah how much did loving AMC bribe reviewers. Here's Forbes:

quote:

Sunday night’s episode of The Walking Dead marks a huge change from previous shows. It also may be the best episode I’ve seen of the show in years, a tremendous tour de force that opened strong and finished with a bang.

Right from the beginning you can tell something is different in the oddly named “What Happened and What’s Going On.” The episode opens to a sequence of disjointed shots. Maggie and newcomer Noah are crying. There’s a funeral—we think, perhaps, it’s for Beth—and shots of the prison, of a skeleton in the forest, of abandoned houses. Train tracks. Even the opening credits are different.

It’s all very dreamlike, and shot beautifully.

That’s little wonder, given it was directed by Greg Nicotero, the special effects guru behind, among many other episodes, the excellent Season 5 premiere. And as excellent as that premiere was, tonight’s episode was even better. And more tragic and terrible. One of the most beautifully shot episodes in the show’s entire run, it was also one of the most heartbreaking.

Fuuuuuuck.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
We need more ethics in television journalism

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Tour de force! I don't think I ever see that phrase outside of hacky reviews.

Hat Butt
Jun 18, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

- The hole in the TOP of Beth's head that came from a gun fired at waist level: Confirmed in flashbacks. Yeah the director hosed that up so bad half the thread insisted that wasn't the hole.

This ep Rick even said he knew the sheriff chick didnt shoot Beth and that he knew it was one of the others (in the hospital). But he wanted to kill her. I know the episode sucked but that at least was half-assed-ly cleared up(?)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm legit excited about this new group that destroys whole towns, cuts everyone in half, stores truckloads of torsos for whatever reason and doesn't seem to have any pretensions of "we're just trying to rebuild society". They sound more promising as antagonists than the Governor or the Terminus hipsters, just a bunch of straightforward post-apocalyptic ruthless psychos.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I believe they call themselves The Wolves and worship the sun.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hat Butt posted:

This ep Rick even said he knew the sheriff chick didnt shoot Beth and that he knew it was one of the others (in the hospital). But he wanted to kill her. I know the episode sucked but that at least was half-assed-ly cleared up(?)

Think he was saying that she didn't MEAN to shoot Beth and it was just a reflex. But they really wanted to kill her anyways. poo poo i dunno maybe I should rewatch that scene.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Think he was saying that she didn't MEAN to shoot Beth and it was just a reflex. But they really wanted to kill her anyways. poo poo i dunno maybe I should rewatch that scene.

No that's absolutely what he said, I have no idea where they dude is getting "yeah someone else shot her whoops!" from.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also the pictures Tyreese is looking at have the two young brothers and then one last one with Noah? Seems odd to me to but whatever.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hat Butt posted:

Is that what was said?

I thought he was saying that she did it, but he knew she clearly didn't mean to it and it was an accident, and wondered if he should have killed her like Daryl did or not.

Did I get that wrong?

ED: Either way I stand by my earlier rant that her getting shot in the top of the skull from the hip under the head is just sloppy as gently caress. This show is not doing main character death very well.

Actually yeah, think about the main character deaths we've had since Shane:

Lori.. eaten off screen being boring.
Dale.. surprise ninja hulk zombie attack in an open field
Andrea.. killed by nerd zombie
Beth.. wigging the gently caress out and stabbing a woman with a complex in the shoulder with tiny scissors in the middle of a hostage exchange because.. what the gently caress?
Tyreese.. ambushed by child zombie, unable to beat skinny old woman zombie, suddenly has the strength of Judith.

Bob and Herschel were the only ones to get an awesome death and Bob barely counts as a main character. It's sad when those moments make me sigh and go "Well that was loving dumb." Game of Thrones can kill just about anybody for the dumbest loving reasons, and it's still awesome. These are just too lame to at least go out on a high note.

I get it, the actor left the show. You could do better than this with a free-pass to kill a main.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 9, 2015

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Really just hoping they teased Morgan so he can be the lead on the upcoming spinoff. He wisely stays away from the north and instead does cool things.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TraderStav posted:

Really just hoping they teased Morgan so he can be the lead on the upcoming spinoff. He wisely stays away from the north and instead does cool things.

I hope they keep teasing him for six more seasons and he never finds them.

Hat Butt
Jun 18, 2012
oops, yeah I didnt hear the "MEAN TO"....welp!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm legit excited about this new group that destroys whole towns, cuts everyone in half, stores truckloads of torsos for whatever reason and doesn't seem to have any pretensions of "we're just trying to rebuild society". They sound more promising as antagonists than the Governor or the Terminus hipsters, just a bunch of straightforward post-apocalyptic ruthless psychos.

I wanted to be excited about that, if only the characters gave a poo poo about it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Sneak zombie attacks on this show make my eyes roll out of my head. When Tyrese of all people get surprised by a little kid zombie like that...very lazy writing. At least have the kid pop out from behind a door or something as opposed to somehow get out from behind the closed the door he was behind (I assumed there was a shared bathroom, Brady-bunch style that allowed him to do that) and then shuffle across the house to him. I guess poor Cutty was so enamored by the photos that he didn't hear him?

I don't expect too much from this show, so I wouldn't say I was disappointed. I think it was a weird choice to only have a small portion of the group in the mid-season premiere and then to include Noah in that group because Noah is the worst.

**zombies rushing through the gate**

Rick: CAN YOU HOLD HIM?

**motions to Tyrese**

Noah: YEAH

**drops Tyrese IMMEDIATELY***

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Either way I stand by my earlier rant that her getting shot in the top of the skull from the hip under the head is just sloppy as gently caress. This show is not doing main character death very well.

It's perfectly fine given how the shot is staged and that it was supposed to be a shocking turn of events. Not ***tAcTiCaLlY ReAlIsTiC*** maybe, but in a show where nothing makes sense it doesn't even register as a problem.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ars Arcanum posted:

B-b-b-but it's just so tragic!

Rick, are you planting gun seeds again?

lol

Chump Farts posted:

This is all setting up the one time black highlander doesn't happen and it will blow minds.
Haha! You were wrong! I knew it was gonna happen as soon as Tyreese said,"I'll stay with him." It's like how the president and vice president aren't supposed to be together in the same place because if someone bombs where one is, the other one will be ok. Don't put the two black men in the same place by themselves. Only bad things will happen.

Jamesman posted:

Tyrese is in hell.
I made the same comment to the people I was watching it with.

I'm pretty sure the radio was narrating what Tyreese has seen Rick and co do/what he has been a part of. The "republic" was Rick's group. There was something about destroying 3 towns.

Codependent Poster posted:

Too bad he didn't know Shane, so we couldn't see him wasting water in a hallucination.
This would have made it so loving awesome. This is now my headcanon..cannon? Whichever.

Bored fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 9, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

moths posted:

I believe they call themselves The Wolves and worship the sun.
I remember some graffiti in the town that said WOLVES NOT FAR or whatever, where did you get the second part from?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
No but really, what could be the significance of the pictures having the two dead kids in the house and then only one with Noah at the movies?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MariusLecter posted:

No but really, what could be the significance of the pictures having the two dead kids in the house and then only one with Noah at the movies?

Noah stabbed them between escaping the hospital and getting caught.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
At the end of the day I think my biggest problem with the episode was that it mostly revolved around Tyreese dying, and I didn't really care that he died. Of the characters killed off this season the only one I actually felt for was Bob, and he was the shortest tenured cast member of the three.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

TMMadman posted:

Haha, truck full of zombies.

Like the worst cracker jack prize ever.

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated this joke.

I also like the idea that the truck wrecked, but the original intention was to use the torsos kind of like the banana peel in mario cart. Someone following them on the road? Massive herd behind them? Open up the back of the truck and let the torsos rain down. (I'm pretty sure they would have had to modified the truck to allow them to do that from the front seat, but I still like the idea.)

Bored fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 9, 2015

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Bored posted:

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated this joke.

I also like the idea that the truck wrecked, but the original intention was to use the torsos kind of like the banana peel in mario cart. Someone following them on the road? Massive herd behind them? Open up the back of the truck and let the torsos rain down. (I'm pretty sure they would have had to modified the truck to allow them to do that from the front seat, but I still like the idea."

Walking Dead: Wacky Races is a much better sounding show than the one we currently have.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm just making fun of that dumb smiling sun drawn on the ground.

What was Michone looking at in that scene outside the wall? She noticed the missing torsos, and then looked at where the wall had been torn down or burnt or something?

E: also holy poo poo the special effects budget want up. There were a few "put on your 3D glasses NOW!" scenes that were movie quality.

moths fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

moths posted:

I'm just making fun of that dumb smiling sun drawn on the ground.

What was Michone looking at in that scene outside the wall? She noticed the missing torsos, and then looked at where the wall had been torn down or burnt or something?

i think it was just using the scenery to reinforce how they're(her specifically here) mentally breaking from all the bad poo poo happening, and trying to think of a way to justify not running anymore even though the situation seems grim and the walls were all hosed/not really worth trying to fix.

• Locked thread