Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

C.P.A.N. posted:

No, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

C.P.A.N. posted:

No, thank you.

You have brought upon yourself every beautiful bit of what is now about to follow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Ash uses harden.
It's super effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

That dude would make a hell of a Judge Dredd.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I saw this dude at DragonCon one year. He owned.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I imagine this guy has a voice like Brian Blessed.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hercules is so much fun to screw around with.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

C.P.A.N. posted:

No, thank you.

You brought this on yourself.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Is that pink chest hair or did the guy just spill some kool-aid on himself earlier?

Keep posting pics of pecs

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

This is an awesome thread, I love all the costumes. The effort that goes into some of these is crazy. I'm especially impressed with the vacuum molding stuff. I wish I could get my hands on that.

To contribute, here's a riddler cosplay i did last year:

I even managed to find a henchman!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

:golfclap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Is that pink chest hair or did the guy just spill some kool-aid on himself earlier?

It looks like a diagonal slash scar.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Outta the way, peck

Wish there were more people cosplaying as pig faced Madmartigan.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/wYLYE6J.jpg

??????

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It's true. This man has no dick.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's true. This man has no dick.

You took my joke you gently caress.

Mr. Pecker here

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Outta the way, peck

Wish there were more people cosplaying as pig faced Madmartigan.

Armor's wicked cool, but that skull needs way more weathering.
e: maybe it's just the crappy fake hair/beard.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Thought it was this guy at first glance.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
Went to Otakon's west-coast premie baby sister con, Otakon Vegas last month and decided to jump on the Jojo Bandwagon.

I did a girl version of Jotaro and my boyfriend was Kakyoin, I also built an Iggy for ya' know.. antics.

bonus: ::rerorerorerorero::

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mucktron posted:

Went to Otakon's west-coast premie baby sister con, Otakon Vegas last month and decided to jump on the Jojo Bandwagon.

I did a girl version of Jotaro and my boyfriend was Kakyoin, I also built an Iggy for ya' know.. antics.

bonus: ::rerorerorerorero::

Love the hat, its perfect.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So Raven.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Here's one of me and my friend dressed as mario and Luigi at Supanova Brisbane. With this adorable Peach we found. The moustaches were originally for our Movember campaigns and we figured gently caress it, let's roll with it

Bonus: Pizza Hut Roshi and trainees

Second bonus: some Warhams

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"

KoB posted:

Love the hat, its perfect.

Thank you! I bought a cheap costume police officer hat, took it apart, replaced it with the fabric I'd made my jacket from and re-sewed it. Then I cut it in half, stitched it to my wig so it wouldn't fall off, and made a resin casting of that emblem. :3:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

McSpergin posted:

Second bonus: some Warhams

The goon overlap in this thread is ridiculous.

kinmik posted:

Krieger and waifus

Best one

Grraarrgghh has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Feb 8, 2015

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Thanks, I knew there was one that someone (you obviously) had posted that I was missing. Is this yours? Is this you?

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

all these Kriegers really need to pose together with one of them wearing a bowtie

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Did that cosplayer also build the containment unit to complement his costume or did he randomly turn up to a con and someone just happened to have one? Because dressing up as Walter Peck would have to be one of the laziest cosplays ever but dressing up as Peck and accessorizing it with the containment unit is amazing.

Or maybe was he just walking past the venue in his regular suit and someone said "Hey you look like the guy! Stand here next to this thing for a photo!" and he's just obliging these weird nerds and he has no idea what any of this means?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That looks like a booth and I'm guessing he was stationed at it. I'm guessing he chose the costume because he knew he'd look normal away from the booth but like a character while there.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
Almost looks like a rolling wall. The table in fore and back grounds are similar and the carpet looks like and the walkway between two meet-and-greet tables or an artist ally.

The movable wall seems to have yellow caution tape over the rollers so people don't trip on it while he rills it around and poses with it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Internet theorists crack me up.

That's gbcreel. He was part of the Palm Coastbusters group that had a fan table at Spooky Empire ScreamFest in Florida. This was in 2009.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Feb 8, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Went to Dallas ComicCon Fan Days this past weekend. Saw some pretty good cosplays there, but this one stood out in particular
Arsenal cosplay from Arrow (with bonus John Barrowman)

It looked even better in person, almost show-worthy.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

southpaugh posted:

This is an awesome thread, I love all the costumes. The effort that goes into some of these is crazy. I'm especially impressed with the vacuum molding stuff. I wish I could get my hands on that.

To contribute, here's a riddler cosplay i did last year:

I even managed to find a henchman!

Is the hipster mustache part of the costume?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Went to Dallas ComicCon Fan Days this past weekend. Saw some pretty good cosplays there, but this one stood out in particular
Arsenal cosplay from Arrow (with bonus John Barrowman)

It looked even better in person, almost show-worthy.

Barrowman is getting in there with that hug.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Barrowman is getting in there with that hug.

Barrowman knows what he likes.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
He will never be as imposing in the show again after seeing him in that hoodie.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Sorry if it's already been discussed, but is there a convention rule about strung bows for people who cosplay with the real thing? Most I've seen have gone without the string and just mime it, and I know it's nothing to, say, string up a bow with an over-sized elastic cord instead so it just looks taut when they pull it, but I've been seeing more cosplays lately with what look like real bows, with actual tension from the string. Or are they just really convincing fakes made with the bend already in them? That Arsenal in particular looks pretty legit, so I was just wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

KatWithHands posted:

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but is there a convention rule about strung bows for people who cosplay with the real thing? Most I've seen have gone without the string and just mime it, and I know it's nothing to, say, string up a bow with an over-sized elastic cord instead so it just looks taut when they pull it, but I've been seeing more cosplays lately with what look like real bows, with actual tension from the string. Or are they just really convincing fakes made with the bend already in them? That Arsenal in particular looks pretty legit, so I was just wondering.

All conventions in Michigan would make you unstring the bow, or just take it from you if it had real tension since it can be used as a weapon. I don't know of any conventions that would allow a real, strung bow in the convention center. Maybe some conventions have more lax weapon rules, or that guy just made a super convincing fake bow.

• Locked thread