Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Anyone with the misfortune of going to college somewhere that didn't have one or more 24-hour Whataburgers missed out on the beauty that is the drunken Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit and I pity you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah couldn't really say it any better because this sums it up. Pokey stix are great, burn the rest of it to the ground.

Actually please don't that is where I lived for most of college. Everyone who worked there was constantly high. Now it is Benny Marzano's delivery, which is cool. Benny Marzano's has super humongous slices.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Heaf posted:

Actually please don't that is where I lived for most of college. Everyone who worked there was constantly high. Now it is Benny Marzano's delivery, which is cool. Benny Marzano's has super humongous slices.

Did you live in that place that was like a big echo chamber with apartments attached? I think I went to those once to pick up a friend but it's been probably a decade. For some reason the insane echo of that place has stayed with me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
AT USC, we just had Chanos, a mexican place that has been there forever and has the drive through on the wrong (ie passengers) side. Still the best drunked nachos I've had

Or I guess, one of the many 24 hour subways

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

I didn't even know there was a Gumbys Pizza until this thread mentioned it.

What's kinda weird about this whole discussion is that I mentioned Gumby's at work on Friday and literally no one had any idea what I was talking about.

Apparently they all went to college in lovely towns

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Incoherence posted:

One of the traditional Rice student late-night snacks is to get tortillas and queso from Taco Cabana. It's not even good queso; I don't know why it even became a thing. (The other traditional "it's 3am and I'm hungry" place is House of Pies on Kirby, but that one I can totally understand on multiple levels.)

Are y'all too scurred to come to the 3rd ward to get Frenchy's

Fullhouse posted:

Anyone with the misfortune of going to college somewhere that didn't have one or more 24-hour Whataburgers missed out on the beauty that is the drunken Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit and I pity you

The best drunk meal is a honey butter chicken biscuit and two potato/egg/cheese taquitos with green sauce.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Incoherence posted:

One of the traditional Rice student late-night snacks is to get tortillas and queso from Taco Cabana. It's not even good queso; I don't know why it even became a thing. (The other traditional "it's 3am and I'm hungry" place is House of Pies on Kirby, but that one I can totally understand on multiple levels.)

The queso is subpar but still kind of delicious in a salty plastic kind of way. The tortillas are usually pretty awesome and the salsas are fresh and good. You can't buy a salsa off the shelf that compares with the fresh ones at T-Cab.

E: I lived half a block from a T-Cab for part of college and the line of cars stretching in to the street at 3am made me alarmed at the extent of the drunk driving going on.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 9, 2015

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

surrender posted:

Are y'all too scurred to come to the 3rd ward to get Frenchy's

You don't need to come to the Tre for Frenchy's anymore. Since Frenchy died franchises have been springing up all over the place. Even in the not-ghetto like Katy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you ever find yourself going to a D3 game in rural Ohio, well, let me tell you

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Shakespeares and whatever other place you're talking about aren't open until like 5 AM, nor do they offer the Big rear end. I don't get how people don't like Gumbys pizza while in whatever state of inebriation you're in at 2 AM; it's delicious.

I will say El Rancho was a better option, though sometimes you don't wanna stand in line with 50 bros who are ready to fight and/or puke

I really want chicken fajita nachos from El Rancho now. Used to stand in line out the door with the 50-75 other people right at 2:00 AM when the bars all closed to get an order of that, with extra queso on the side to go so I could go home and sop up the booze.

I miss Columbia. :smith:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Music news from TFF's official performer:

Happy Shakey Graves Day!

Shakey Graves released a new EP and has made all of his music pay what you want for today only. You can pick up any of his albums on bandcamp, and I highly recommend you do so. This is the only artist that I've found where I will listen to his live performances and EPs just as much as his studio albums.

https://shakeygraves.bandcamp.com

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
This is not Katy Perry I'm not sure what you are posting about.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Incoherence posted:

I seem to recall there was a decent Turkish kebab place almost next to the Ginger Man in the Rice Village, was cheap and good. I don't know if my memory is playing tricks on me, but it was good when you were drunk in the Village.

Also Frenchy's is the Official Coog Food :swoon:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Katy Perry is only the official performer for chaos. TFF's NCAA side has a much more refined taste.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

kayakyakr posted:

Katy Perry is only the official performer for chaos. TFF's NCAA side has a much more refined taste.

Right now, I just hope this involves knowing who Paul McCartney and Beck are.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
In actual football news, TTU AD Kirby Hocutt will replace Oliver Luck on the playoff committee:

http://www.texastech.com/genrel/020915aab.html

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Shakey Graves is real good and came up a lot in gamethreads this year when the games got boring. Also, he was in Friday Night Lights, so is tangentially football related.

His live performances are way better than his studio albums. I'd even say his first studio album was terrible, though the same songs live were great.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

kayakyakr posted:

Our official performer is Darude.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you ever find yourself going to a D3 game in rural Ohio, well, let me tell you

I've driven through some of those towns and even visited Ohio Northern and Heidelberg. I've got to think the living envy the dead.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

His live performances are way better than his studio albums. I'd even say his first studio album was terrible, though the same songs live were great.

I like his first studio album. It isn't near as good as his follow up, but that's mostly because it's just a collection of songs thrown together with no real flow and low production values. It's a long EP.

I like the new EP too. It would be an LP on its own if he had 2 more songs and a bit more production work on it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Those are awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

kayakyakr posted:

In actual football news, TTU AD Kirby Hocutt will replace Oliver Luck on the playoff committee:

http://www.texastech.com/genrel/020915aab.html

Guess the Big 12 really doesn't count on WVU to help for playoff picks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

Those are awesome.

In that they are a cartoon, like the entirety of Akron football and the university as a whole.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
sorry 'bout apparently being on the less cool side of a dumb DII rivalry no one cares about

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Maybe one day the mighty Hawkeyes of Iowa will be of MAC caliber. Doubtful though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
as long as we avoid any directional michigans we're usually in good shape. the mighty mustangs of western are tough though.

and no one even knows where the state of kent is. that is some made up poo poo. at least akron is a real place

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Akron has given nothing to the world except for tire fires and heroin epidemics.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
kent state gave us happy alabama fans and folks gettin shot so i'll take the tire fire, thanks

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Akron has given nothing to the world except for tire fires and heroin epidemics.

Hey, LeBron leaving drove people to drink, not heroin!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh yeah akron gave us shitloads of rad dunks and a top knotch fabric binding method

sorry this round goes to the marsupials

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The minor league baseball stadium is nice and has cheap mimosas, that's the only nice thing about Akron. A minor league baseball stadium. Also nobody cares about LeBron James, instead look towards Antonio Gates, a basketball player who wised up and decided to play God's One Sport instead.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Football is super rad but the NFL is the worst and the NBA is way cooler on like every level. Plus LeBron would probably be better than Antonio Gates at football too so you still lose.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
You already know my opinion about the NBA, it's quite possibly the lamest dang thing until like the last week of the regular season and then the playoffs and even then it's like a 3rd tier sport.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also the league is a farce until they put giant asterisks next to those years the Kings would have won had it not been for a referee literally fixing games.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also the league is a farce until they put giant asterisks next to those years the Kings would have won had it not been for a referee literally fixing games.

fix (v.) - to mend or repair

Yeah that's a fair description of stopping the Kings from winning titles.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Although props to the NBA for giving people in Seattle something to cry about like 10 years later, you did good on that one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You already know my opinion about the NBA, it's quite possibly the lamest dang thing until like the last week of the regular season and then the playoffs and even then it's like a 3rd tier sport.

Wait, third tier? Are you putting baseball ahead of basketball, because if so....

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Lots of sports are cool sorry that you guys need stuff to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
When you have Longhorn Network, every sport is real

• Locked thread