Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Who cares everything is dumb even arguing that things are dumb because of other dumb things

You know who I'm talking about

Anyway, Duffle blog doesn't miss a beat:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/02/army-phrases-twitter/

quote:

“The Army not only wants to be America’s battlefield warriors,” said Conway. “This step will show our efforts to be social justice warriors as well.”

Duffel Blog obtained a partial list of banned phrases:

“There’s a little nip in the air.” — Although this idiom actually has to do with a cold feeling or cold weather, the Army feels it has already alienated the Asian community and is fearful of enraging extremely small Japanese pilots.

“Hit the slopes.” — Mountain warfare units conducting skiing training as part cold weather packages will no longer use this phrase for fear of inciting violence against soldiers of Asian ancestry (besides, those guys all know kung fu).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Next they'll ban playing Spades.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zeris posted:

Who cares everything is dumb even arguing that things are dumb because of other dumb things

You know who I'm talking about

Anyway, Duffle blog doesn't miss a beat:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/02/army-phrases-twitter/

That article has some chinks in it tho

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Overheard an amazing GiP IRL coversation Saturday night at the bar.

Former Army Shadow (I think, could be Hunter, idk) Drone operator talking to a Navy pilot who recently got out. The three of us are shooting the poo poo and somehow PTSD gets brought up, they both look at me, because thinking "Marines all fight" before I explain the magnitude of POG I was thanks to the Air Wing. The Army guy, who's probably at his upper limit of buzzed becoming drunk, starts telling us a story.

When he was in Iraq, they had them out flying watch over a busy stretch of the Highway that connected Baghdad to Falluja since suicide bombers had been hitting poo poo in the area. So he's flying his drone when they see an older black Mercedes flying through traffic, going in and out of lanes, weaving, just blowing by everyone. Super loving suspicious so he follows it and watches it just going in to oncoming lanes to get by people, weaving on to the shoulder, etc. So they're thinking dude has to be some manner of Muhj out to blow up a checkpoint, and he's within a mile or two of the checkpoint. So they decide to get the Apache nearby to light it up with a Hellfire while they keep it tagged with their onboard.

They get word a few days later it was a newly wed couple going on their honeymoon, dude says it still dogs him to this day how lovely he felt. Navy pilot takes a sip of his drink, looks him right in the eye and asks him "Why does that make you sad?"

"I killed some innocent people."

Navy pilot pats him on the back and gives him a hell of a cowboy speech, to paraphrase

"No, dude, you didn't, you killed a loving rear end in a top hat. If I could be guaranteed my taxes would be spent on drones flying down the highways of America blowing up people who drive like complete loving idiots, I'd happily pay the IRS anything it wanted. The driver was putting every person on that highways lives in danger by doing what he did, not just by being a lovely driver, but by doing it in a war zone where collateral damage happens. gently caress that guy, you guys just helped prove Darwinism still exists. If I could have gone out and dropped bombs on the I-5 on every rear end in a top hat kid driving like a maniac, I would have done a full 20 years. I'm sure almost anyone would. You did the world a service. Don't feel bad about doing a good job."

Drone guy's expression goes from sad and thoughtful to an Al Pacino smile. You could tell he'd never looked at it like that

He then buys us a round and tells us about making GBS threads in someone's laundry hamper.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord I like your story :unsmith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's a good story.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Zeris posted:

DRONE THE FIVE!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
This is the story I will relate to people when they complain about police wanting to buy up drones :allears:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Yea. That's just what the roads need. More pot holes.

And nerds using their Xbox to enforce traffic laws when I got places to be.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the gooniest magazines

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
a shamefuru pistol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My favorite PTSD story is a junior officer in the navy who to PTSD on his non-deploying ship because his CO yelled at him a bunch for doing lovely on paperwork.

Like dude is loving medically retired. I won't deny that he had a nervous breakdown because he absolutely did, but he certainly brought almost all of the pain on himself. A few posters here might actually know the guy, too, from also being on Hawaii ships.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

My favorite PTSD story is a junior officer in the navy who to PTSD on his non-deploying ship because his CO yelled at him a bunch for doing lovely on paperwork.

Like dude is loving medically retired. I won't deny that he had a nervous breakdown because he absolutely did, but he certainly brought almost all of the pain on himself. A few posters here might actually know the guy, too, from also being on Hawaii ships.

See, stories like this make me want to blame my anger issues on watching people get droned live on a huge projector wall and get sadbrains bucks.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

Yea. That's just what the roads need. More pot holes.

And nerds using their Xbox to enforce traffic laws when I got places to be.

I bet you don't maintain your lane during turns, buddy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
One of my old roommates is heading off to his senior O3, junior O4 tours in a year or so. His initial reaction to me telling him ensign so and so was getting a PTSD discharge was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Now, I'm not going to say he's some lone anomaly. The command climate on that ship was horrible and even caused an O-4 to lose his drat mind. This was a place where one of the ensigns would write tattletale notes and drop them in the CO's suggestion box on the other JOs. Like she'd write up if someone was late to work and anonymously rat them out.

Either way, though, he was still the most junior of officers on a ship that didn't deploy and still loving broke mentally like few people I've ever seen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

This was a place where one of the ensigns would write tattletale notes and drop them in the CO's suggestion box on the other JOs. Like she'd write up if someone was late to work and anonymously rat them out.

Can we bring back keel-hauling?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

hee hee hee

http://boingboing.net/2015/02/08/having-the-brakes-removed-from.html

quote:

Mechanics get paid to service our brakes; they make our cars sick (brakes can warp your rotors) and then charge us money to repair them. Everyone knows that mechanics, as a class, are crooked -- why wouldn't they do this if they could get away with it?

The government wants to force you to have brakes, but brakes or no brakes is a personal decision. Do your research and make your own decision, for you and your family.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
pro click

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Can we bring back keel-hauling?

She also got another officer's career ended for "rape" when she and him hooked up drunkenly one night at a JO party and she didn't have a better explanation for her boyfriend.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

She also got another officer's career ended for "rape" when she and him hooked up drunkenly one night at a JO party and she didn't have a better explanation for her boyfriend.

Admiral material right there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Admiral material right there.

The funny thing is I never met a single person with a positive thing to say about her. I've never known a single person that had such a reaction anytime her name was brought up.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Can we bring back fragging?

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYlHf3Sw0Y

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

stopped watching after horny aliens with tentacles that um

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Cole posted:

stopped watching after horny aliens with tentacles that um

It keeps getting better if you're into nurturing rage against those sorts of people

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
You have to admire a man who knows what he wants.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He's so proud of himself (and probably sporting a tiny rock hard boner) by the end.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

USMC503 posted:

You have to admire a man who knows what he wants.

Took that gold medal autist 2.5 minute to spit out what he wanted so idk what you're admiring

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Cory Doctorow writes satire now? I thought this article was satire, but then I saw that Cory Doctorow wrote it, and now I'm not sure because Cory Doctorow is a tremendous loving retard who I strongly doubt is capable of writing anything remotely clever or funny.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

the gently caress is going on with the dude in the orange at 2:20 :wtc:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Cory Doctorow writes satire now? I thought this article was satire, but then I saw that Cory Doctorow wrote it, and now I'm not sure because Cory Doctorow is a tremendous loving retard who I strongly doubt is capable of writing anything remotely clever or funny.

beats me. I looked him up. 43 year old canadian, so probably stupid. but his article was funny and had a good few parallels worth a loud breath out thru the nostrils. it's satire whether he meant it or not.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Better Call Saul is loving awesome.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

holocaust bloopers posted:

Better Call Saul is loving awesome.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I love that Vaas from Farcry 3 in in Better Call Saul.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
NSFW

Crossposting but pro-click

:nsfw:https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/threads/muhammad-sex-simulator-2015.20336/:nsfw:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Just finished episode 2 of Better Call Saul. gently caress me it's good.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This is amazing :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

NSFW

Neither is this

And this definitely isn't

• Locked thread