Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Request title change to: Arrow Season 3 - *ting ting ting ting ting ting*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Arrow's writing improves in that the characterization (why characters choose to do things) and plot (the reasons why characters are compelled to do things) drastically improve as the show goes on.

But the dialogue varies greatly from episode to episode, with a real weakness towards overstating things and brightly outlining themes.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bad Moon posted:

Jokes on us, the Lazarus Pit doesn't have any liquid in it. It's regenative powers come from the combination of granite and snow when impacted by a human body falling from a certain height.

Magic herbs from Katana lady were grown near the Pit, so they sucked in all the resurrection properties. Also, some of them happened to grow on the spot that Oliver fell on (smashing them , hence they acted like a restorative balm). Because wild herbs are cool like that, and it was quite fortunate that he didn't have a shirt on, because the balm acted directly on the wound.
There, immersion restored.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not until someone is immersed in a lazarus pit.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Turns out the twist with TV lazarus pits is instead of turning the revived character insane it makes the audience in to a bunch of whiny comic dorks.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm just going to sit here and eat my...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

Magic herbs from Katana lady were grown near the Pit, so they sucked in all the resurrection properties. Also, some of them happened to grow on the spot that Oliver fell on (smashing them , hence they acted like a restorative balm). Because wild herbs are cool like that, and it was quite fortunate that he didn't have a shirt on, because the balm acted directly on the wound.
There, immersion restored.

And then Barry used the Speed Force to move the wound lower

Rocksicles posted:

"You'll have to speak up Oliver, I have strangers dicks in my ears"

Hmmm

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Valeyard posted:

Hmmm

That's at the Con by the way. He molested more than a few men.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

That's at the Con by the way. He molested more than a few men.

Some people do hover hand when they take pictures, and then other people can rest their balls on someone's cheek while they smile about it

Such is life

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Valeyard posted:

Or the wound moved lower on its own when Oliver hit the ground, because gravity. However, by that time Oliver was already chocking on his own blood and had shattered most of his bones and vital organs, that it didn't matter that his sword wound was displacing itself.
Either way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Valeyard posted:

Some people do hover hand when they take pictures, and then other people can rest their balls on someone's cheek while they smile about it

Such is life

I'm pretty sure he goes on the lookout for thunks. He had a picture of a male stripper teabagging his forehead two weeks back. He's not shy. As he shouldn't be. If i was gay, i probably would too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also from the same event this weekend. Dude was carrying around an extra bow on Sunday for his photo op with Amell & Barrowman/Ramsey

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

I'm pretty sure he goes on the lookout for thunks. He had a picture of a male stripper teabagging his forehead two weeks back. He's not shy. As he shouldn't be. If i was gay, i probably would too.

His husband must be very, very trusting. Or they're flexible about that stuff, I dunno.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No idea what they have going on, but if it works you know. Go hard or go home.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Gaz-L posted:

His husband must be very, very trusting. Or they're flexible about that stuff, I dunno.

I'm sure it's in their pre-nup that Barrowman gets to grab the junk of anyone he wants. Ever.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I know there has been a lot of talk about Diggle being the Green Lantern, I don't know much about the GL but wouldn't that make him way to powerful for this TV show?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Oroborus posted:

I know there has been a lot of talk about Diggle being the Green Lantern, I don't know much about the GL but wouldn't that make him way to powerful for this TV show?

Yes. Little things like "logic" and "good storytelling" are unknown to comic book readers.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Oroborus posted:

Let him go to Supergirl and make that show awesome.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bunnyofdoom posted:

Check those images. There seem to be two canaries running around

Thea for Canary.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Thea for Canary.

I would really like this.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Oroborus posted:

Well, that would be the trade-off. If Diggle ever got a Lantern ring, it would be the end of him as a regular cast member. He'd probably have to spend a season or two off training on Oa, and even after that he'd be too busy dealing with galactic threats to hang out with Ollie and punch criminals.

Ideally he'd get his own show, but I doubt the CW has the budget for it (unless they go the Stargate route and have every alien planet look like a forest in Vancouver).

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Phylodox posted:

Well, that would be the trade-off. If Diggle ever got a Lantern ring, it would be the end of him as a regular cast member. He'd probably have to spend a season or two off training on Oa, and even after that he'd be too busy dealing with galactic threats to hang out with Ollie and punch criminals.

I was reading a bit about the John Stewart GL and it said he refused to wear a mask...guess it really does fit.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Regarding 3x13:

That's not Thea as a Canary, that's Caity Lotz. It was already established that Laurel will be taking on Count Vertigo in that episode and will end up fighting a hallucination of Sara as a result.

E:VDay already mentioned this five pages ago.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

hcreight posted:

Regarding 3x13:

That's not Thea as a Canary, that's Caity Lotz. It was already established that Laurel will be taking on Count Vertigo in that episode and will end up fighting a hallucination of Sara as a result.

We know. It was the new thing called a joke. People do it sometimes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

We know. It was the new thing called a joke. People do it sometimes.

Have you read this thread before? People make serious posts like that all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even if you couldn't see anything else the butt chin is a dead giveaway.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Even if you couldn't see anything else the butt chin is a dead giveaway.

And her mouth that never closes. This is not a joke that she talks to much, but her lips never touch, it's terrible.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

hcreight posted:

Have you read this thread before? People make serious posts like that all the time.

Let me tell you about a certain method of supervillain incarceration...

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I don't know what it is, but if John Barrowman said something to me, I would believe it instantly.

He looks so smug :smug:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

And her mouth that never closes. This is not a joke that she talks to much, but her lips never touch, it's terrible.

Caity Lotz never closes her lips and Willa Holland never unclenches her teeth.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm still thinking the Lazarus Pit is going to happen at some point. That Japanese girl has spent the last few episodes doing nothing but telling Ollie he's taking "penicillin" and that she won't join him in the city. She's probably going to show up when he decides to stop taking his Lazarus juice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People are open to the idea of a Diggle Lantern because Green Arrow/Green Lantern is an established pairing in the comics, though I've never read them so like Phylodox I think it seems like too much of a power discrepancy for the show

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm still thinking the Lazarus Pit is going to happen at some point. That Japanese girl has spent the last few episodes doing nothing but telling Ollie he's taking "penicillin" and that she won't join him in the city. She's probably going to show up when he decides to stop taking his Lazarus juice.

They're going to pull a sort of Dallas. Katana is actually dead, Oliver is dreaming everything that's going on in this half of the season. At the end of the season, he's going to be shown shooting up out of a Lazarus Pit as Ras and Maseo look on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are open to the idea of a Diggle Lantern because Green Arrow/Green Lantern is an established pairing in the comics, though I've never read them so like Phylodox I think it seems like too much of a power discrepancy for the show

It was less about power discrepancy and more about the clash of the different values that Hal and Ollie had.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This thread has some specifically consistent opinions about women's faces.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

This thread has some specifically consistent opinions about women's faces.

Some of them even coming from women.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can we talk about how Merlyn became "the Magician" because he knew one simple piece of magic and demonstrated it on Nyssa?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Can we talk about how Merlyn became "the Magician" because he knew one simple piece of magic and demonstrated it on Nyssa?

Maybe she is also familiar with Arthurian legend as well.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Maybe she is also familiar with Arthurian legend as well.

Yeah that was pretty funny

Also Merlyn would go on to become pretty good at hiding 30 inches of steel inside someone, and pulling out guts from the inside of a body!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Xelkelvos posted:

Maybe we're just missing the flashbacks that confirms that Merlyn's real role in the League of Assassins was to provide entertainment for Nyssa's birthday parties.

And the reason that he is now hunted is that he missed Nyssa's 18th birthday party, and ol' Ras really hates to see his little girl cry...

• Locked thread