Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

please note: you, the person reading this, are also a racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

only for ironic purposes

and european traditional holidays involving blackface

also whenever someone on the internet thinks it's funny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i would ride the t if i wa sin pittsburgh and could be assured tori would be on it.

Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

i would ride the t if i wa sin pittsburgh and could be assured tori would be on it.

I'm always on the T.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

are you a t conductor?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
he's a vagrant

Apr 7, 2003

I'm a vagrant.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh yeah i can see why you would be why people don't ride the t, then.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Endless Mike posted:

oh yeah i can see why you would be why people don't ride the t, then.

Pitsburgin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31294752

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I wonder if the countries that are red like Indonesia and India include religious differences the same as race.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ethnic_groups_in_India

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

sonatinas posted:

I wonder if the countries that are red like Indonesia and India include religious differences the same as race.

i wonder what that map would look like if everybody told the truth

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Citizen Tayne posted:

actually racists are bad people and i'm not a bad person

qed i'm not racist :colbert:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

actually racists are bad people and i'm not a bad person

qed i'm not racist :colbert:

mom?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

uber wants to fingerprint new drivers and make them take lie detector tests

http://blog.uber.com/safety posted:

Technology: Our Safety Product Team is developing more ways to put technology to work to ensure the safety of riders and drivers in key areas. We are initiating research & development on biometrics and voice verification to build custom tools for enhanced driver screening. We are also investing in ways to provide riders the instant ability to communicate with us and their loved ones in the event of an emergency, building on top of our ShareMyETA feature.
Background Checks: In many places outside the U.S., the infrastructure and complexity of background checks vary significantly. This is of deep concern to us. We are finding solutions in many places that range from polygraph exams that fill gaps in available data to adding our own processes on top of existing screening for commercial licenses – which is what we are undertaking in India. We are exploring new ways to screen drivers globally, using scientific analysis and technology to find solutions.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

polygraphs and uber are a perfect match

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

qirex posted:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
a friend of mine took an uber last night, the driver got pulled over and didn't have a driver's license. not like he forgot it, the driver was unlicensed.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sounds like he got pretty disrupted

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Remember Uber's $1 million dollar insurance policy? Let's see what it covers

Uberforums posted:

Scenario
An Uber driver has a passenger in his car and is on a trip with the meter running. The Uber driver does NOT have commercial auto insurance and he is violating the livery business exclusion of his personal automobile policy by driving for Uber. The Uber driver then gets into an accident that is his fault. His car is severely damaged, the car he hit is severely damaged. Both the Uber driver and the Uber passenger are injured, as is the driver of the other car. Referring to the graphic on the Uber insurance page, this scenario takes place entirely in Period 3. See graphic at http://blog.uber.com/ridesharinginsurance

Questions:
1) Who pays for the Uber driver's and Uber passenger's medical care?
Uber’s Rasier liability insurance policy will cover the injured Uber passenger. The Uber driver’s medical claim will not be covered by Uber’s Rasier insurance liability or collision policy. And since the driver does not have a commercial insurance policy of any sort on his/her automobile, the Uber driver’s personal automobile policy will not be applicable here either as the Uber driver is violating the livery exclusion of his/her personal automobile insurance policy. In the event that an Uber driver is injured in a crash that is his/her fault while driving for Uber with a passenger in the car, the only medical insurance coverage that applies in this scenario is the driver’s health insurance coverage. If the driver has no healthcare insurance coverage, which is a violation of the Affordable Care Act, the driver will be responsible for his/her medical expenses out-of-pocket.​

2) Who pays for the other driver's medical care?
The Uber Rasier liability insurance policy is the primary insurer, so the driver of the other car and his/her passengers will make his/her medical claim against Uber. The Uber driver’s personal policy will not be employed to cover the medical claims of the not-at-fault driver and the occupants of that driver’s automobile. ​

3) Who pays for the repairs or replacement of the Uber driver’s car?
Uber expects the driver to first make the property claim against his/her personal automobile policy. Uber understands that most personal automobile insurance carriers will deny the claim. Uber also understands that many personal automobile insurance carriers will cancel the policy in this scenario. After the driver’s personal automobile insurance carrier denies the claim, Uber’s contingent collision coverage will cover the property claim with a $1000 deductible.

Although Uber is aware that most drivers will likely have their personal automobile policy canceled in this scenario, Uber is not currently offering to assist drivers find other automobile insurance coverage.​

4) Who pays for the repairs or replacement of the other driver's car?
Uber’s Rasier liability insurance policy does.​

As we wound up our conversation, we agreed on some simple best practices until the automobile insurance industry figures out how to insure TNC drivers.

Be really careful out there.
Don’t even think about driving for a TNC if you do not have adequate healthcare insurance. (Remember, failing to carry healthcare insurance on yourself is a violation of the ACA.)
Check your insurance policy and make sure you understand whether or not your policy has a livery exclusion.
Don’t volunteer to your automobile insurance carrier that you are driving for a TNC. However, if your insurance carrier asks if you are driving for a TNC, you better be honest, even if it means having your policy canceled.
If all you carry is liability insurance on your automobile, don't even think about driving for Uber. Uber will NOT extend collision and comprehensive to your automobile if you do not carry collision and comprehensive on your personal policy.
At the rate TNCs are gaining popularity, the automobile insurance industry is going to have to figure this out sooner as opposed to later. Keep abreast of news and developments in the automobile insurance arena
Never pick up a rogue fare. Doing so means you have ZERO insurance coverage anywhere.
Do not end the trip until all passengers and their belongings are out of your car and all doors are closed and locked.

basically:
better have good health insurance while driving for uber or else
if you get in a wreck, it's an almost instant firing cause uber expects you to have insurance, and also expects you to get your insurance cancelled before they'll cover damages to your car and liability claims
uber would like you to try to make claims to your insurance for accidents while withholding the fact that you work for uber (unless they ask of course!)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

a friend of mine took an uber last night, the driver got pulled over and didn't have a driver's license. not like he forgot it, the driver was unlicensed.

counterpoint: i took an uber last night and it was uneventful and got me where i needed to be on time

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
jesus loving christen this forum is poo poo now

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

why the gently caress do people still beleive in polygraphs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

why the gently caress do people still beleive in polygraphs

because the idea of a lie detector is nearly as useful as an actual lie detector

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

counterpoint: i took an uber last night and it was uneventful and got me where i needed to be on time

this is my experience with uber, but i can still lol at the funnies that happen with it.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

was the guy the actual driver registered with uber? because tbf i've had this happen in nyc where a taxi driver was sharing his cousin's medallion or some poo poo.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

basically:
if you get in a wreck, it's an almost instant firing cause uber expects you to have insurance, and also expects you to get your insurance cancelled before they'll cover damages to your car and liability claims
uber would like you to try to make claims to your insurance for accidents while withholding the fact that you work for uber (unless they ask of course!)

holy poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Condiv posted:

basically:

isn't Uber's policy here essentially requiring the drive attempt to commit insurance fraud?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

because the idea of a lie detector is nearly as useful as an actual lie detector
and with a flat earth we could cut cheese :2bong:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

next up: uber drivers must submit to a skull survey by a licensed phrenologist and random testing for the balance of their four humours

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

was the guy the actual driver registered with uber? because tbf i've had this happen in nyc where a taxi driver was sharing his cousin's medallion or some poo poo.

apparently, the only details he's posted was that the uber was pulled over, the driver did not have a license and was taken out of the car for more questions, and my friend called another uber to pick him up and take him home. this was in SF. he did say the driver was the one from the app, so yeah. the driver was 'american' and just told the cops straight up that he did not have a license when he got asked for it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

there's something so surreal about this picture

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
uber really has nothing to do with cars, does it

theyre just trying out different aspects of their lovely employment model, for some 'pivot' later

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

this.

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

born on a buy you posted:

jesus loving christen this forum is poo poo now

yospos is unsustainably jaded

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
who polygraphs the polygraphers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

crusader_complex posted:

who polygraphs the polygraphers
unit tests
code:
if a liar says he is a liar...

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Condiv posted:

uber wants to fingerprint new drivers and make them take lie detector tests

calling it now: they'll mail you a couple of alligator clips you plug into your phone's audio jack and clip to your nipples while you answer an in-app quiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

will failing the voice recognition count against you as rejecting a ride for purposes of their earnings guarantee?

I'm betting yes.

• Locked thread