Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Wait, third tier? Are you putting baseball ahead of basketball, because if so....

I would put Quidditch ahead of the NBA. I'll watch Cricket or a Rugby Sevens tournament in New Zealand before watching an NBA game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I've driven through some of those towns and even visited Ohio Northern and Heidelberg. I've got to think the living envy the dead.

I also visited Ohio Northern and Ada is probably the lamest of the many lame towns I went to during my college search process. At least my school (Wooster) had a downtown and the occasional novelty of the Amish riding a horse and buggy up the main drag.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
All sports are cool to some degree, but if you prefer any sort of basketball to football you should go get your broken brain looked at and possibly partially lobotomized.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So in transfer news QB Vernon Adams transfers from Eastern Washington University to University of Oregon for presumably a 1 year masters program.

This is somewhat awkward as UO and EWU play each other in 2015.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

I would put Quidditch ahead of the NBA. I'll watch Cricket or a Rugby Sevens tournament in New Zealand before watching an NBA game.

the 80 year old lame white dude who gets mad about not being able to hear the marching band at football games doesn't like professional basketball why i never

Maxwells Demon posted:

So in transfer news QB Vernon Adams transfers from Eastern Washington University to University of Oregon for presumably a 1 year masters program.

This is somewhat awkward as UO and EWU play each other in 2015.

He already knows how to own the poo poo out of Oregon State which I guess is a good first step. And he's put up pretty crazy I-AA numbers. I wish the Braxton Miller transferring to Oregon rumor was true though, that'd be rad as hell.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 9, 2015

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

the 80 year old lame white dude who gets mad about not being able to hear the marching band at football games doesn't like professional basketball why i never

Yeah, anybody who doesn't like the NBA is a racist. What an insightful observation. :rolleyes:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Rugby is pretty rad, though.

Cricket is complete gibberish.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cricket is actually pretty cool and understandable once you get past the lingo.

They've also gone insane on the tech used for replays and officiating and its great

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Oh cool, I figured Washington was gonna be poo poo anyway next year, thank god our archrivals are getting the guy who threw 7 TDs against our defense last year.

Saves me the trouble of hoping

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, anybody who doesn't like the NBA is a racist. What an insightful observation. :rolleyes:

I just meant lame old people in general, but there is a lot of overlap on that ven diagram too, yeah

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
gently caress Oregon Braxton is going to transfer to Florida and send Mark Richt to an early grave

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raku posted:

gently caress Oregon Braxton is going to transfer to Florida and send Mark Richt to an early grave

He seems like a real bad fit for that offense.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

All sports are cool to some degree, but if you prefer any sort of basketball to football you should go get your broken brain looked at and possibly partially lobotomized.

Isn't a broken brain usually the result of playing football?

As an Iowa State fan, college basketball is wayyyy better than football. Practically every sport ISU has is better than football though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

I just meant lame old people in general, but there is a lot of overlap on that ven diagram too, yeah

I haven't liked the NBA since I was younger than you, but keep trying.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

I haven't liked the NBA since I was younger than you, but keep trying.

It has changed slightly since those days. For example they use nets instead of peach baskets now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

McElwain will build his offense around what his personnel is good at anyway. Also they need a talented misfit way more than a bunch of guys that are comfortable but loving suck (and they don't even have a bunch of them, just a few).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also the league is a farce until they put giant asterisks next to those years the Kings would have won had it not been for a referee literally fixing games.

I think the last time I watched an NBA game was when Kobe Bryant elbowed the Kings player in the face while both were standing still, and the ref called a foul against the Kings. And I also cannot forget Michael Jordan's diplomatic immunity against traveling calls.

Not that my opinion means anything, but I just can't take it seriously as a sport. I would even go so far as to call NBA Jam a mediocre sports video game. :colbert:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LLCoolJD posted:

I think the last time I watched an NBA game was when Kobe Bryant elbowed the Kings player in the face while both were standing still, and the ref called a foul against the Kings. And I also cannot forget Michael Jordan's diplomatic immunity against traveling calls.

Not that my opinion means anything, but I just can't take it seriously as a sport. I would go so far as to call NBA Jam a mediocre sports video game. :colbert:

NBA Jam is probably the best sports video game. Don't sully it's name just because you're a baby about refs.

In CFB related news, Tulane is slowly going from a team with no Louisiana recruits to being filled with them. Bob Toledo being unable to get Louisiana players was ridiculous.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 9, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Spacebump posted:

NBA Jam is probably the best sports video game. Don't sully it's name just because you're a baby about refs.

In CFB related news, Tulane is slowly going from a team with no Louisiana recruits to being filled with them. Bob Toledo being unable to get Louisiana players was ridiculous.

Ha Bob Toledo, I forgot about that guy. UCLA employed some real world beaters there between Donahue and Mora.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The people who created the cheating rubberband AI for NBA Jam should be prosecuted by the International Criminal Court.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

What offense?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thermos H Christ posted:

The people who created the cheating rubberband AI for NBA Jam should be prosecuted by the International Criminal Court.

One of the dudes who made the game was a bitter Pistons fan and literally coded it so that the Bulls would always miss a shitload of shots at the end of close games.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Former UM player Kevin Beard is now their WR coach

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

One of the dudes who made the game was a bitter Pistons fan and literally coded it so that the Bulls would always miss a shitload of shots at the end of close games.

God bless that man for extending the golden age of basketball, Bill Laimbeer punching dudes in the face and rebounding with a flurry of elbows

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

MourningView posted:

That's why I thought all of the Braxon --> FSU rumors made no sense. Jimbo's offense and Braxton seem to be pretty clearly at odds.

Also, you don't have to be an old racist like Det to dislike the NBA. Even a hip young cat such as myself thinks that league blows. You would all be wise to spend your early summer nights watching the NHL playoffs. That is literally the only time I miss having cable.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Dattserberg posted:

Also, you don't have to be an old racist... NHL playoffs
hrmm

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Basketball is awesome.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

Guess the Big 12 really doesn't count on WVU to help for playoff picks.

Oliver Luck is heading for the NCAA office. There's the thought that he's being groomed to be the next commissioner

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The habitants are a credit to their race. They have an extra muscle in their legs, which is why they skate so well.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dattserberg posted:

That's why I thought all of the Braxon --> FSU rumors made no sense. Jimbo's offense and Braxton seem to be pretty clearly at odds.

Also, you don't have to be an old racist like Det to dislike the NBA. Even a hip young cat such as myself thinks that league blows. You would all be wise to spend your early summer nights watching the NHL playoffs. That is literally the only time I miss having cable.

If you think the NHL is better then the NBA you are loving dead to me.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

God bless that man for extending the golden age of basketball, Bill Laimbeer punching dudes in the face and rebounding with a flurry of elbows

On the other hand gently caress Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball because it's one of the worst sports games ever created.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Baseball is better than basketball. :colbert:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

LeeMajors posted:

Baseball is better than basketball. :colbert:

:stare:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
softball is better than baseball

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Beer pong is a good game, especially when tailgating

Also I haven't gotten to tailgate in a long time

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

where does Professional Bowling factor into this hot topic?

Which collegiate football player would do the best on the lanes?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

HooverDam posted:

I went bowling with pat angerer one time and he was pretty good

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
We're just about as far as possible from actual football right now aren't we?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HooverDam posted:

Tyreek Hill.

I hear he has a killer hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HooverDam posted:

As a bowler, bowling rules. Watching bowling is pretty loving boring though.

• Locked thread