Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

I missed almost all of the LCS this week, what should I watch?
FNatic games only. The rest of EU is long and dull, and most of NA is so inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

FNatic games only. The rest of EU is long and dull, and most of NA is so inconsistent.

Thanks, I will watch the second FNC game (the first one was actually one of the few games I saw). And I'll probably watch C9's games too just because.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sexpansion posted:

Thanks, I will watch the second FNC game (the first one was actually one of the few games I saw). And I'll probably watch C9's games too just because.

Cloud 9 actually looked pretty drat good this weekend, forgiving them for having to play against Coast at least. Hai went deathless, which regardless of whether or not he looked phenomenal (he didn't, but he looked better than the last two weeks) is a significant improvement for him, and overall they looked more like their old selves, with good P/Bs too. Also they're up to 3-3 which means they're tied for third, which is much better than 0-2 or 1-3 like the last two weeks.

Edit: Also CLG has the same score as TSM (with their lol loss to Team 8) and Fnatic and is presently tied for first in North America, a position previously held with a 2-0 Team Formerly Known as Curse. This is quite the split, isn't it?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Most memorable ones for me this week:

EU Week 3 Day 1:
Fnatic vs. UoL was a bloodbath
CW vs. Gambit was a good game in a bad way

NA LCS Week 3 Days 2:
Liquid vs. Dignitas was a good game in a bad way

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Voidle tweeted "The MYM situation is a good example of shady orgs trying to exploit/abuse young players. Props to Kori for taking the steps to expose it."

And 15 minutes ago MYM released Voidle and replaces him with CaSing. God bless EU E-Sports.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Voidle tweeted "The MYM situation is a good example of shady orgs trying to exploit/abuse young players. Props to Kori for taking the steps to expose it."

And 15 minutes ago MYM released Voidle and replaces him with CaSing. God bless EU E-Sports.

Man gently caress that team

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
You mean H2K?

I like both players but I think Voidle is better than KaSing. Voidle is also one of the only EU Support mains to ever be really high up on the Challenger ladder. I have a lot of respect for that but I don't know if he fits into their team very well. He might be better off elsewhere, maybe he can find another slot.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah after thinking about it I didnt remember voidle being on MYM.

Still though gently caress MYM

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

Voidle plays/played for H2k though, not MYM?

edt: nm, beaten

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
H2K has so many problems as a team that I don't know what they should do, but I've always thought voidle was pretty good. He's had some bad games lately, but so has every other player on that team.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

MYM tried to ask KaSing to come back to them, after firing him, despite him already having an offer from H2K. Smooth.

H2K aren't great but I'd rather be with them than MYM at this point.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
MYM is a shady org in a bunch of different games apparently, so it's kind of amazing that players are joining them. Downside of them being literally children I guess.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There was also an un-named organization from EU that was supposed to take care of Locodoco's team but they bailed at the last second when they figured out they could just buy an existing team already in the LCS (Which apparently left Loco's team without housing, stable internet, or money)

All these people leaving EU teams to start new ones makes it sound like EU is just as lovely as China is as far as management goes.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I think H2K's entire problem is that they qualified with a dominating run through Challenger Series with Febiven as their mid-laner. At the very beginning of the season he took a better offer from Fnatic and now he's Fnatic's mid laner and probably the best overall mid laner in Europe. I respect Ryu but he's not as good as Febiven is and the rest of H2K doesn't work as well with him.

Febiven would have been on H2K and been in the same position and put them in a much better position to succeed. Without him they look rudderless. Then you go down the line and try to find the other problems and sure you could bench Voidle, but you could just as easily make a case that any of the other guys could have been benched as well because they've all had at least one or two bad games so far. Just doesn't look like the same team without Febiven.

e:

This is EU LCS Spring Split Febiven so far:

Put that on H2K and they would probably be 5-1 or 6-0 right now and not making any roster changes at all.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 9, 2015

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I really, really want to know how contracts work with gaming teams, because it just seems completely lawless.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't think there's a single region where esports are played that you can look at and say "yeah, that's the worst one." Velocity, MRN, EG are some teams in NA that have all had some pretty stupid stories surrounding player conditions.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

NA has multiple teams who have had players living in "gaming houses" with no beds and no food.

EU has its recent history especially with threats and blackmailing, but there has been a lot of failure to pay disputes and other things in many of the mid-tier organizations.

Korea has its military like boot camp teams where players aren't allowed to have girlfriends unless they win titles and are paid a fraction of what they could make in other regions which leads them to....

China where there's big money but just as often corruption and stuff like mafia ties in ownership which caused issues for LMQ and Royal Club.

It's pretty lovely no matter where you go.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

NA has multiple teams who have had players living in "gaming houses" with no beds and no food.

EU has its recent history especially with threats and blackmailing, but there has been a lot of failure to pay disputes and other things in many of the mid-tier organizations.

Korea has its military like boot camp teams where players aren't allowed to have girlfriends unless they win titles and are paid a fraction of what they could make in other regions which leads them to....

China where there's big money but just as often corruption and stuff like mafia ties in ownership which caused issues for LMQ and Royal Club.

It's pretty lovely no matter where you go.

The clear winner here is being in China, because at least then you're being paid 1 million dollars to play league of legends and you're allowed to bang all the fangirls you want. Even when you're a gollum looking motherfucker like Namei. Maplestreet would be rolling in Shanghai Swamp Pussy.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
kasing is like a support version of wickd, he's an absolute carrylord on nami but seems pretty lame on most other stuff

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jerkface posted:

The clear winner here is being in China, because at least then you're being paid 1 million dollars to play league of legends and you're allowed to bang all the fangirls you want. Even when you're a gollum looking motherfucker like Namei. Maplestreet would be rolling in Shanghai Swamp Pussy.

They're supposed to be paid that amount. Let's see what actually happens.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

It's worth watching the SK games, Dignitas vs Liquid, TSM vs Impulse, and the CLG games. In particular, the game where Link grabs Ezreal is a real treat.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

At the very beginning of the season he took a better offer from Fnatic and now he's Fnatic's mid laner and probably the best overall mid laner in Europe.

You really think he's better than Froggen? I mean dude has been good but that's pretty high praise.

SC Bracer posted:

MYM is a shady org in a bunch of different games apparently, so it's kind of amazing that players are joining them. Downside of them being literally children I guess.

I dunno if it is more to do with them largely being young adults as there is an opportunity to play in the LCS which is extremely limited. It's not like you can be picky if you want to be an LCS pro and aren't a top flight player

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Jerkface posted:

The clear winner here is being in China, because at least then you're being paid 1 million dollars to play league of legends

Hypocrisy posted:

They're supposed to be paid that amount. Let's see what actually happens.
Aren't the million dollar salaries coming from streaming?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

You really think he's better than Froggen? I mean dude has been good but that's pretty high praise.

This season so far? Yeah absolutely. Small sample but I mean look at his box.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a bit of an empty question, but who do you dudes think the strongest western jungler is right now? I kinda want to say Svenskeren, for EU at any rate.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

It's a bit of an empty question, but who do you dudes think the strongest western jungler is right now? I kinda want to say Svenskeren, for EU at any rate.

Sven/Reignover.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Sven but I think Jankos will match him as the season goes on, imo those two are on a similar level. Then reignover, then everyone else

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Xenogenesis posted:

Aren't the million dollar salaries coming from streaming?
They have huge contracts and the ability to stream, so it's a combination of the two, just like the money anyone from TSM would be making.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

Sven but I think Jankos will match him as the season goes on, imo those two are on a similar level. Then reignover, then everyone else
Reignover is an absolute monster at early game control and an excellent teamfighter as the game goes on, I'd say his vision is better than Sven but his overall game is a little lower than Sven. Reignover is a lot more reckless in teamfighting and he's okay with giving up his life if he knows it's going to put his team ahead, Sven and SK prefers the more calculated engages where they know they're going to win going into a teamfight.

Jankos should be on a better team, he absolutely has the ability to carry but he's still a step below Sven and Reign.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My favorite thing I learned this season is that SKT apparently only tried out Bengi, Rush, and Reignover before this season for Jungle. Just get Spirit, SKT!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerkface posted:

My favorite thing I learned this season is that SKT apparently only tried out Bengi, Rush, and Reignover before this season for Jungle. Just get Spirit, SKT!!!
Poor guy is stuck on an absolute garbage team in China that hasn't won a single game. He's probably locked into a contract until the end of the season at earliest, no one ones to mess around with Chinese contracts.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Flameingblack posted:

Poor guy is stuck on an absolute garbage team in China that hasn't won a single game. He's probably locked into a contract until the end of the season at earliest, no one ones to mess around with Chinese contracts.

Apparently that doesn't stop any other region.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flipswitch posted:

Sven and Reignover are top of the pops, then Jankos and Santorin are looking legit but not yet thoroughly tested (one because his team is eh and the other because he hasn't really had a big clash against a team in good shape yet), then you've got Meteos and a few others I'd say.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Meteos is the best crabber of all the western junglers.

Sven is probably tops right now.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I enjoy SK's dominance of EU LCS solely because of the rumors that Jesiz wanted to create a superteam after worlds was over. SK became the super team mostly because he left. Now he gets to do awesome poo poo in NA like "help Hai have a good game on his worst champion" and "help dignitas get free wins"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

With all the shady mafia stuff around LMQ, I would not touch anyone who's under a chinese contract until after it expired. Getting a better jungler is not worth my life.

exethan posted:

I enjoy SK's dominance of EU LCS solely because of the rumors that Jesiz wanted to create a superteam after worlds was over. SK became the super team mostly because he left. Now he gets to do awesome poo poo in NA like "help Hai have a good game on his worst champion" and "help dignitas get free wins"

This is always funny. Rekkles and Jesiz left their respective teams, then the teams became amazing.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
To be fair Fnatic getting better was more about getting rid of their top and jungle and the attitude on the team as a whole.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
How did Fnatic poach Febiven and manage to get away with it, exactly? I mean, I don't give a poo poo, it makes Fnatic look good and I love Fnatic (I wish that Rekkles had stayed though), but apparently it's a big no-no and they get all bent out of shape when people do it.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

How did Fnatic poach Febiven and manage to get away with it, exactly? I mean, I don't give a poo poo, it makes Fnatic look good and I love Fnatic (I wish that Rekkles had stayed though), but apparently it's a big no-no and they get all bent out of shape when people do it.

If he was still technically a challenger player after qualifying for the LCS but before it started that could be why. The fanfiction Coast put on their website about TSM poaching Santorin seemed to indicate Riot doesn't give a gently caress if pro teams poach challenger players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Previous Jesus posted:

If he was still technically a challenger player after qualifying for the LCS but before it started that could be why. The fanfiction Coast put on their website about TSM poaching Santorin seemed to indicate Riot doesn't give a gently caress if pro teams poach challenger players.

Wait, who did they poach him from? I thought he was a free agent before he joined TSM. :riot:

Also I completely forgot Jesiz was on SK (because I didn't even like SK before this season, to be honest), and the fact that he ended up on Coast while they became pretty much the best team in the Western world right now is hilarious.

• Locked thread