Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Sandweed posted:

Extractors are something you should do when you log in and never think about. If you seriously log inn every 4 hours to empty your extractors you might have some problems. It's usually nanospores and alloy plate so don't bother and then get pleasantly surprised when you get 8 neurals or 4 cells.

Well of course but it feels like less of a waste when the extractors take longer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Someone please tell me the Dual Kamas are better than a single Kama.

I have my expectations set so high on becoming a NutriBullet for Infected.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Renegret posted:

Well, they do require the most neural sensors of any weapon in the game, if that makes you feel better?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Naturally Selected posted:

Well, they do require the most neural sensors of any weapon in the game, if that makes you feel better?

Yes.

I burnt most of them making the First Kama, got it to 30 yesterday, then was shocked to find out I need 4 more to build the second. I forgot they cost so many when I built the first one.

Guess what I'm doing after work tonight.

If you guessed doing void missions with my brand new Latron Prime and not grinding Neural Sensors, you guessed correctly.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Over the weekend I finally built a glaive abd a kestrel for mastery fodder and found them to be super fun. Anyone have any build tips for Glaive P/Kestrel?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was very disappointed with dual kamas, I ended up selling them. Ether Reaper is a lot more fun imo.

I hated my Kestrel and I sold it the second I maxed it.

I have just built a Fragor, and with the Crushing Ruin rare stance, holy hell is it fun. Combo's turn a run into a game of Mortal Kombat.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

I'd hold onto my Neural Sensors if they were a precious commodity given these are merely "pretty good" weapons, not "awesome" weapons.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

I was very disappointed with dual kamas, I ended up selling them. Ether Reaper is a lot more fun imo.

I hated my Kestrel and I sold it the second I maxed it.

I have just built a Fragor, and with the Crushing Ruin rare stance, holy hell is it fun. Combo's turn a run into a game of Mortal Kombat.

Something to note about dual kamas: they use dual sword stances, if that matters to you (as opposed to scythe stance for the single I believe?)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm really liking the single Kama because one of the combos ends with an AoE knockdown, and it has a ridiculous attack rate to blend infected with. Anything that doesn't die to the combo gets knocked down and eats a finisher to the stomach, and if it survives that, he's going to get knocked down again before he gets back up.

I really hope that the dual Kamas has the same knockdown. Presumably it has a faster attack speed to make infected milkshakes easier.

Hmm, if only if there was a place I could look this info up. A Wikipedia of sorts, but for video games. Perhaps one specific for this video game in particular.

e:

Reacean posted:

Something to note about dual kamas: they use dual sword stances, if that matters to you (as opposed to scythe stance for the single I believe?)

Oh jeez do I even have a dual sword stance? I don't even know.

Good thing I wont realistically be making the second Kama for a week or two. And even if it does suck, well, I always have the galatine.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Hmm, if only if there was a place I could look this info up. A Wikipedia of sorts, but for video games. Perhaps one specific for this video game in particular.

Just in case you weren't being sarcastic.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I was being extremely sarcastic.

I have the Damage 2.0 page bookmarked and I don't play warframe without opening it first as a quick reference. Very useful.

Granted, it's not useful for saying things like "Ember sucks" which is why I asked in this thread for people's opinions.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Reacean posted:

Single uses the machete stance.

Renegret posted:

Oh jeez do I even have a dual sword stance? I don't even know.

One of them is really easy to find and the other is harder to find but still isn't that hard to find but it sucks anyway. Unfortunately the harder to find crappy one polarity matches a majority of the weapons in the class including the dual kama.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 9, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Last night I discovered there's nothing like grabbing the Redeemer and invisibly stealth killing everyone at a distance. It has become my choice weapon for soloing T4E (plus Synoid Gammacor to pop those pesky bubbles).

I'm actually looking forward for the Invisibility augment that makes all your weapons silent.

(There's also this bug where you can zoom in with your equipped primary/secondary and it'll make the Redeemer perfectly accurate and infinite (or maybe just "normal-gun") range. It still has dropoff, but it's hilariously powerful.)

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Has anyone keeping up with the thread tried a maxed primed reach with the glaive (prime) yet? I have a feeling the mod may actually find a home if it turns the glaive into a bouncing helicopter blade rather than a bouncing frisbee.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

wtsnaename posted:

Has anyone keeping up with the thread tried a maxed primed reach with the glaive (prime) yet? I have a feeling the mod may actually find a home if it turns the glaive into a bouncing helicopter blade rather than a bouncing frisbee.

The standard reach doesn't seem to have any appreciable affect on thrown weapons. It could be the effect is just tiny, or it could not work at all.

Glaive prime is my go-to melee, though. My build is something like quick return, power throw, whirlwind, fury, pressure point, spoiled strike, two elemental mods. It's kinda lacking in raw damage, but it's fast and easy to throw a glaive that goes exactly to where I point it, explodes, and returns. I just weave the throws into the normal gunplay; it's kinda like having an extra damage power on hand regardless of frame. And the aerial melee/slide attacks have pretty decent mobility.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Male Man posted:

The standard reach doesn't seem to have any appreciable affect on thrown weapons. It could be the effect is just tiny, or it could not work at all.

Glaive prime is my go-to melee, though. My build is something like quick return, power throw, whirlwind, fury, pressure point, spoiled strike, two elemental mods. It's kinda lacking in raw damage, but it's fast and easy to throw a glaive that goes exactly to where I point it, explodes, and returns. I just weave the throws into the normal gunplay; it's kinda like having an extra damage power on hand regardless of frame. And the aerial melee/slide attacks have pretty decent mobility.

Channeled thrown melee supposedly doesn't actually take out the energy from channeling but gives you the bonus damage.

So if all you do is throw... maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you should be channeling 24/7, and replacing one of those elements with Life Strike. So not only would you be doing more damage, but you'd also be leeching life.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Dual Kamas are poo poo, going dual removes the only good thing about the Kama which was the polarities. It doesn't even use scythe stance and they're slow as poo poo, everything about the Kamas are a mess.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Channeled thrown melee supposedly doesn't actually take out the energy from channeling but gives you the bonus damage.

So if all you do is throw... maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you should be channeling 24/7, and replacing one of those elements with Life Strike. So not only would you be doing more damage, but you'd also be leeching life.

That would require me to equip my glaive. Not only would I rather keep my guns handy (the whole point is to have extra AoE damage I can weave into normal combat), but when a thrown weapon is equipped you can't throw it straightaway, you have to do a little half-slash warmup first.

If I did need extra damage, I'd drop whirlwind first and fury second. They're mostly just there to reduce the latency between starting the throw and hitting my target, helping me nail longer-range shots. Well, fury also enhances mobility, so I'd probably never drop it.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 9, 2015

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oh right, drat. I forgot that you can't channel while the melee weapon is unequipped. Scratch that then.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
On melee weapon chat:

If you're a newer player, Atterax (market?), Daul Ichors (clan tech), Jat Kittag (clan tech), and Galatine (market) are all pro melee weapons, not that difficult to build, and very powerful.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dahbadu posted:

On melee weapon chat:

If you're a newer player, Atterax (market?), Daul Ichors (clan tech), Jat Kittag (clan tech), and Galatine (market) are all pro melee weapons, not that difficult to build, and very powerful.
On this note, what should I be building towards for relatively accessible newish-person (Mastery 4, with enough levels to go on some frames that I'll probably hit 5/6 relatively quickly here) primary/secondary weapons? I've got a Hind, Paris, and Strun for primaries and a Gammacor, Kunai, and Sicarus for secondaries so far.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 9, 2015

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Mastery 4 unlocks the Kohm, an amazing automatic shotgun. It has a giant clip and great damage, I highly recommend it.

From the marketplace.

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

On this note, what should I be building towards for relatively accessible newish-person (Mastery 4, with enough levels to go on some frames that I'll probably hit 5/6 relatively quickly here) primary/secondary weapons? I've got a Hind, Paris, and Strun for primaries and a Gammacor, Kunai, and Sicarus for secondaries so far.

I'll recommend the angstrum. It's a fun pocket rocket launcher that I don't think is too difficult to make powerful.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

I'm a huge Quanta fan. I've already thrown 2 forma in it and am about to potato it as well. I did just pull a Kohm out of the oven, and it's been...

a blast :smuggo:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Next event will have a quanta vandal as reward according to datamining.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Here's my list of non-prime weapons that are solid performers. I'm also a fan of ammo efficiency and not having to reload constantly, so all the guns recommended will last you through long missions or prolonged firefights. Another thing about this list are that none of the weapons have a prime version, so you don't have to worry about investing in these weapons -- as a straight-up superior version of these weapons don't exist.

Primaries:

Kohm (market bp) - possibly the best primary weapon in the game (mod it for ammo efficiency)
Quanta (clan tech bp)
Synapse (clan tech bp)
Amprex (clan tech bp) - can absolutely destroy groups of mobs if modded right, but it chews through ammo and there are better options for long missions

Secondary:

Tysis (clan tech bp)
Nukor (clan tech bp)
Bolto (market pb) - nothing special or super high-end about this, but it's a solid secondary if you build it for pure damage and can be modded with a Bolto specific mod from the Sephalon Suda syndicate for explosion hijinx
Telos Akbolto (trade/buy for around 40-50 plat) - my favorite secondary
Synoid Gammacor (trade/buy for around 40-50 plat) - probably the best secondary
Vaykor Marelok (trade/buy for around 40-50 plat)

Melee:

Tipedo (market bp) - possibly the best melee weapon in the game
Dual Zoren (market bp)
Atterax (market bp)
Dual Ichors (clan tech)
Galatine (market bp) - huge range, hits like a truck, spin to win
Jat Kittag (clan tech) - great crowd control with jump slam, arguably coolest melee weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYfWYrcySZE (note that the video is before the heavy weapons were buffed)

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 10, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Dahbadu posted:

On melee weapon chat:

The last two are complete crap, they're slow and copter like poo poo. I don't know how you could even stand using them they made me completely miserable.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

the tipedo is an amazing mobility tool, good copter and good air melee.

Also huge spoiler ahead.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Morglon posted:

The last two are complete crap, they're slow and copter like poo poo. I don't know how you could even stand using them they made me completely miserable.
Incorrect. While these heavy weapons aren't great for standard coptering their aerials are exceptional for covering distance. And they both have good combos for anyone who actually wants to melee like they mean it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Morglon posted:

Can you channel jump to break the physics on the PC? Doing that with Jat Kittag is super fun to fly around with after you force yourself into low grav on PS4.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sandweed posted:

Also huge spoiler ahead.

Dammit Maroo

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Sandweed posted:

Also huge spoiler ahead.
Probably the J3-Golem intro, they've been talking about it for a while - although I guess it could be that neutron bomb stupidity Steve said they were doing to the drop tables, he made it sound like they were going to bill that along with an ingame event

Morglon posted:

How long ago did you try either? After melee 2.0 and the removal of power attacks, all the two handed weapons were definitely garbage, but they went through and buffed them all a month or two ago.

I mean they're still melee weapons and pretty much good for gimmick value only, but they are at least now equally bad to the other melee weapons DPS-wise. Geoff mentioned they were considering bringing power attacks back this year too.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Coldbird posted:

Probably the J3-Golem intro, they've been talking about it for a while - although I guess it could be that neutron bomb stupidity Steve said they were doing to the drop tables, he made it sound like they were going to bill that along with an ingame event

Read the name of the line-- LotusSentientAssassinDetected. The Sentients were the things that the Infested and the Tenno were created by the Orokin to fight, and up until now nobody knows anything about them beyond their name

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 9, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Coldbird posted:

Unlikely. The robotic voice at the end of the Stolen Dreams quest has the label "SentientVoice" so it's probably a new death mark assassin. This guy is one of the Sentients the Tenno were supposed to have wiped out for the Orokin. Lotus' lines are also similar to when G3 spawns.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Really hoping the whole Sentient doesn't turn out to be a retread of Mass Effect's super-powerful-ancient-race thing because holy lol was that stuff dumb.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah the thing at the end of Stolen Dreams was clearly a skull.

We're up against skeletons. Skeleton War update.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

tlarn posted:

Really hoping the whole Sentient doesn't turn out to be a retread of Mass Effect's super-powerful-ancient-race thing because holy lol was that stuff dumb.

I'd actually really like that. I liked the Reapers a lot. And the Inhibitors in Revelation space.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I like how Lotus is confused. You'd think she'd remember them.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What's a good high tier weapon for valkyr? currently using the scoliac due to the nice room clear and mobility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Nalesh posted:

What's a good high tier weapon for valkyr? currently using the scoliac due to the nice room clear and mobility.

If you mean to empower her hulk hands, it's my understanding that Scindo Prime is the best of the best. Mod for crit and damage: speed is ignored.