Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They've used her to telegraph hidden clues before, though. And that lingering shot on the broken wall seemed intentional.

I hope we get some more mileage out of The Wolves, torso thieves and artillery masters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This episode was the single worst episode The Walking Dead has ever done. There wasn't a blowtorch and source of propane in a single one of those garages? And a pan they could heat up and press on the stump?

Edit: Literally any other story about that place would have been more interesting. Did the wolves round up a couple dozen people, tie them up, cut off their legs, deliver the legs and get in a car wreck plus gunfight in the middle of the woods? Whatever happened there looked like it was interesting but after this episode they'll probably manage to make that boring too.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 9, 2015

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

GamingHyena posted:

Those are weird marks on the houses. Looks more like they were hit with artillery shells than a house fire.

Comic spoilers: maybe they were attacked with grenades? I think the zombie top-halves were being loaded into the truck so the Saviors could use them to reinforce their walls..

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
This episode was poo poo. And you are especially right about the following:

Blazing Ownager posted:

- The new kid is the such a loving slow rear end runner with apparently no ability to yell, like, at all because Goddamn was Tyreese tripping for a long long time.
- The tradition of "Add a black man, kill a black man" continues. It's really gotten to be practically a trope at this point. Except this is actually the extreme edition: Add two black men, kill two black men within 3 episodes!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'll forgive the slow running since it's not uncommon to rewind time and show what a different group was doing in the previous scene.

But gently caress black highlander.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Lots of shows do it, but they do this a lot on TWD where loud, shambling zombies are 100% dead silent ninjas as long as they are out of view or off screen. Despite the fact that they are in crunchy/leafy woods or the zombies are otherwise wheezing and growling. And then a survivor is attacked by a loud zombie once it's within about 2 feet of them.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

MariusLecter posted:

No but really, what could be the significance of the pictures having the two dead kids in the house and then only one with Noah at the movies?

Didn't Noah say something about him living with his Dad? Maybe that was just his step mom/brothers, or something. Who knows.

Just excited for an entire half season trek to Washington.

edit from variety

quote:

The walker attack seems random, but do you think it could’ve happened to anyone? Or was it because he wasn’t on as high alert as someone like Michonne?
Well, when he’s looking at the picture on the wall, it harkens back to that sense of innocence lost that he’s dealt with so much. He stared at those pictures probably a little too long, maybe longing for the world the way it used to be. In doing that he wasn’t focusing on what was happening right in front of him in the real world. He was lost in what the world once was. He blinked.

The REAL Gtab Fan fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 9, 2015

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Feenix posted:

Lots of shows do it, but they do this a lot on TWD where loud, shambling zombies are 100% dead silent ninjas as long as they are out of view or off screen. Despite the fact that they are in crunchy/leafy woods or the zombies are otherwise wheezing and growling. And then a survivor is attacked by a loud zombie once it's within about 2 feet of them.

My favorite instance of this was in season two. Andrea was derping along through the woods, and this zombie just sneaks out from behind a tree at her. (AND she should have been able to see it as she approached the tree)

E: Just re-watched it. They buried Tyreese with his beanie on, then it's on the makeshift grave marker??? Did they get halfway through burying him then go 'no wait this cross needs a personal touch!'?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 9, 2015

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013
This episode was killing me and I ended up loving it entirely because of the thread. Main two reasons being
1) People zig-zagging about how Tyreese was dead, and then like "Oh no he's going to live!" and then dead again.
2) The moment Beth started singing I loaded up the site. So beautiful.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They'll implant Tyronne's brain into Beth's body to create the ultimate useless character.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

This show wants to be Breaking Bad so loving desperately. Every time it tries anything "artistic" it feels so loving dishonest

They need to stick with baseball bats upside the head then throats slit at a trough by cannibal cults.

Hat Butt
Jun 18, 2012

moths posted:

What was Michone looking at in that scene outside the wall? She noticed the missing torsos, and then looked at where the wall had been torn down or burnt or something?

To me it kind of looked like scorched lines on the wall as if the people there had tried before to line the walls with trees as she had suggested (but were burned down)?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I didn't get the preview that i think was on talking dead it looked like the group are stood at the sides of the road in front of a bridge as exceptionally slow zombies shamble towards them, didn't seem to be worth showing so maybe I missed something?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hat Butt posted:

To me it kind of looked like scorched lines on the wall as if the people there had tried before to line the walls with trees as she had suggested (but were burned down)?

I thought it looked like the walls had been assaulted by heavy vehicles possibly tanks or something as the bars were almost coming out of the mortar. The implication being that there is a very dangerous and heavily armed group in the area that slaughters whole communities.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

steinrokkan posted:

They'll implant Tyronne's brain into Beth's body to create the ultimate useless character.

I laugh every time I see somebody in this thread call Tyreese 'Tyrone'. Better savor it now, because it won't happen anymore...

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I think I missed the line explaining why the group was split up. Why did only half of them go to Noah's community? I was also surprised to see Glenn willingly separate from Maggie after almost losing her last season, and especially when she's grieving her recently remembered sister.

How many episodes has it been now without any dialogue from Eugene? Dude's my favorite member of the group and he hasn't done a thing since getting punched in the face.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

They probably split up because they didn't want it to be like Terminus again, where the whole group at the time walked into a trap.

Reivur posted:

This episode was killing me and I ended up loving it entirely because of the thread. Main two reasons being
1) People zig-zagging about how Tyreese was dead, and then like "Oh no he's going to live!" and then dead again.
2) The moment Beth started singing I loaded up the site. So beautiful.
Seriously. I don't care what reasons they use to justify it, I will watch this show forever if they keep bringing Emily Kinney back to sing :allears:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My favorite instance of this was in season two. Andrea was derping along through the woods, and this zombie just sneaks out from behind a tree at her. (AND she should have been able to see it as she approached the tree)

That's the one I was recalling as the worst instance.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah those were definitely scorch marks, and there was a recurring theme in set decoration that the town had been hastily evacuated (valuables strewn in the streets) or looted, and zombies couldn't blast open a wall like that.

The burn marks everywhere looked like someone had thrown Molotovs, there were deliberate burnt patches in the lawn.

So hopefully Mad Max raiders, collecting "treasure" and torsos. :toot:

E: Did anybody else notice the zombie action figure in Noah's brothers' room?

moths fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 9, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LadyPictureShow posted:

I laugh every time I see somebody in this thread call Tyreese 'Tyrone'. Better savor it now, because it won't happen anymore...

May it be a testament to the deep impact he has made.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Hexel posted:

I thought it looked like the walls had been assaulted by heavy vehicles possibly tanks or something as the bars were almost coming out of the mortar. The implication being that there is a very dangerous and heavily armed group in the area that slaughters whole communities.

Eh, the gates had been pulled off and pulled away, probably with the pickup truck full of torsos. The walls had clearly been pulled outwards and the tire tracks were obvious for one vehicle, not sure about multiple. My guess is that someone or someones used the truck full of torsos to ripe down the gates and they raided the compound with people or just lured a herd to assault, killed everyone inside, and then looted the area afterwards or something (hence the trash all over the place, graffitti, memorabilia scattered about).

Edit: I think that I saw a number cut into the forehead of one of the torsos, so for whatever reason it's also possible that they were gathered earlier numbered and used for whatever task and collected back up then harvested at the breach point, given the body parts strewn around there. The truck was possibly ambushed on the way out later or just rammed off the road by someone else pissed off - the driver of the ramming vehicle was machinegunned after the wreck.

sky shark fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 9, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hat Butt posted:

This ep Rick even said he knew the sheriff chick didnt shoot Beth and that he knew it was one of the others (in the hospital). But he wanted to kill her. I know the episode sucked but that at least was half-assed-ly cleared up(?)

Jesus, do goons even watch this show?????? Not at all what was said.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda liked this episode :ohdear: Tyronne Tyresse not being able to keep up with Noah was kinda funny and the actor playing Noah is really overdoing it but the rest of it was ok.

sky shark posted:

Edit: I think that I saw a number cut into the forehead

That wasn't a number, that was a "vv" making a crude "w". There was several references to the new bad guys (The Wolves) both on the radio and spray-painted throughout Noah's little subdivision.

Tide fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 9, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Shame that 2/3 The Wire alumni are dead now. It's been one of the main reasons I'm still watching this show. RIP Cutty and D'angelo.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

for the people who are theorizing that Noah is an evil twin or whatever, y'all don't pay attentions.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

GrAviTy84 posted:

for the people who are theorizing that Noah is an evil twin or whatever, y'all don't pay attentions.

A picture of the twins, so what :confused:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I thought Tyreese was going to reveal that he also had a twin. Or twin kids. Or anything at all more interesting than getting bit like a chump.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

moths posted:

I thought Tyreese was going to reveal that he also had a twin. Or twin kids. Or anything at all more interesting than getting bit like a chump.

yeah, I'm still waiting for his dumb rear end retarded stare at the picture to make any semblance of sense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hatewatcher, I generally love the show but last night's ep was a clusterfuck of ADHD

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

seriously though, that's got to be the most unsatisfying death in the show. They pulled an Amy with him and he had way more development than her.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Jesus, do goons even watch this show?????? Not at all what was said.

No. There was a bird outside. It was distracting.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn this episode was just a complete waste of everyone's time. This is a bad show, but this might be the first time I've considered it to be actually unwatchable. I'm seriously baffled at how anyone could think this was even remotely entertaining.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hakkesshu posted:

Goddamn this episode was just a complete waste of everyone's time. This is a bad show, but this might be the first time I've considered it to be actually unwatchable. I'm seriously baffled at how anyone could think this was even remotely entertaining.

Live watch it here or with some friends or on some other board. It's a hell of a lot more fun.

Or don't watch it at all.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I do like the string of baseball bat related Glenn-isms

FORESHADOWWWWWINNNNNNNNGGGGG

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bored posted:

Live watch it here or with some friends or on some other board. It's a hell of a lot more fun.

Or don't watch it at all.

I hate hatewatching, so I'll just quit again if this episode is the tone from now on.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought the episode was alright but then I liked Tyreese. Instead of yet another band of psychotics whose gimmick this time is grenade launchers apparently they should just have it be an unmentioned subplot, like have all this stuff in the background then at the end have nothing happen and show that the Wolves or whoever died a while ago.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Genuinely don't get the complaints. Tyrese doesn't go out like a boss but who gives a gently caress, he goes out in a way that's appropriate for that character. He's spent his time constantly rejecting the violence and the world that he's living in, and spends too long reminiscing while he's staring at a picture of the 'old world'. It was a wonderfully directed episode, even if I don't think they had to take out Tyrese (I think the show can do more with a genuine moral centre, particularly since they've now killed off two of them).

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
They kill Tyreese and replace him with

Pussy rear end black preacher dude and Pussy rear end black teenager dude.

I actually said while watching Tyreese walk into the house first with his knife out "You know...its good they have a bad rear end black dude to beat the crap out of these zombies" :colbert:

Then 2 mins later munch LATERS TYREESE

[note: was nice to see the crazy sister...she still looks crazy as gently caress]

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

This episode had zombies and killing, but all of the bullshit "emotional", "internal struggle" stuff has no place in this show at all.

Aside from the makeup, this show seems like it graduated from the Video Copilot school of effects.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DrVenkman posted:

Genuinely don't get the complaints. Tyrese doesn't go out like a boss but who gives a gently caress, he goes out in a way that's appropriate for that character. He's spent his time constantly rejecting the violence and the world that he's living in, and spends too long reminiscing while he's staring at a picture of the 'old world'. It was a wonderfully directed episode, even if I don't think they had to take out Tyrese (I think the show can do more with a genuine moral centre, particularly since they've now killed off two of them).

I don't know about anyone else, but my complaint is that this episode was really boring and too much time was spent on head-characters rambling about nothing instead of the actual characters doing and talking about interesting things. And I thought the artsy shots were bad and not beautiful.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DrVenkman posted:

It was directed just as flat and lifeless as any other non Michelle Maclaren episode of the show. Except this time, it was like someone was trying to ape some arthouse film they watched once. It had no real pulse. Just a bad imitation.

• Locked thread