Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the dragon ball heroes majins are named poo poo like Abra so any magical word is fine

I'm naming mine Mekka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

the dragon ball heroes majins are named poo poo like Abra so any magical word is fine

I'm naming mine Mekka

Abracadabra
Aburacadabura [JP]
AburacaDABURA

See also, bibidi-bobidi-boo.

So, magic puns.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Szmitten posted:

AburakaDABURA

:aaa:

Here I am, still learning new DB things in the year 2015 of our lord.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Somehow I'll.. make a man.. out of BUU!!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Petiso posted:

:aaa:

Here I am, still learning new DB things in the year 2015 of our lord.

The Fusion Dance fusions have the vest because the entire arc was intended to have an arabian nights feel.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I'm naming my Majin Kazaam

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Thorpe posted:

If you can change colors, Majin Bluu

They'd have to have at least blue Majins, since that's what color mama Buu is.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rudoku posted:

And probably grey too, for Evil Buu.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I dare you to beat this original character*:

quote:

Earthling "Nero Angelo"
Story: Nero Angelo is a martial artist from the Tiger-School. his master is the sage Tenma, also called "Torasennin", who was an apprentice of Master Mutaito along with Muten Roshi and Shen. Nero leanred the secret art of the Tiger School, "Taigaken". This art is focused on hitting vital points in the Body of an opponent, to weaken the opponent until they are not able to move anymore. he also can force his own ki into the enemys body on impact, which will stop their own ki build-up, making them unable to use Ki-based techniques to easily. Because of his Fighting style being focused mainly on Close Combat, he is not able to fire off Ki Blasts initially.
In the Universe he came from, Goku died during his battle with Piccolo Daimao. The earth was living under King Piccolos tyranny, and every year, when the day he conquered the world arrives, he destroyed an entire sector of the earth. many people died because of this. However, the Tiger School has hidden themselve in sector 29, the first sector that was destroyed, in order to train secretely. Master Tora didn't knew the secrets of the Mafuba, the art to seal away a demon, so their only option was to train until they were able to fight against Piccolo. after 4 years, they thought they were ready, and Nero, Master Tora and 7 other warriors form their school, stood against Piccolo. It was a brutal fight, Piccolo knew about the techniques of the Tiger School from his past and was able to evade the vital point hits. He killed off 5 of the 9 Warriors, one of them was Master Tora. It took a while, but eventually they were able to hit Piccolo and then killed him. That made god disappear as well, so the dragonballs cannot be restored. the citizens of earth were thankful, and together they rebuild the destroyed citys. However, 3 years later, Raditz came to earth. Raditz was a completely different opponent, he was to fast and so the warriors weren't able to hit him. In the end, all 4 warriors, including Nero, were killed. Enma Daio allowed them to keep their bodys for their heroesm, but that didn't meant anything to them. They were not able to save the earth, and think it is already destroyed. But after a few weeks, a fortuneteller called Uranai Baba, came to them and told them that earth was not destroyed. instead Raditz called his companions to earth. he sees potential in humans and wants the women to be vessels that bear their childs, in order to restore the Saiya-Jin Race, to which they belong. Angered Nero wishes that he could get stronger and get back to earth. And with a look into her Crystal, she says that there is a possibilitie for that to happen. A Martial Arts master called Master Kaio lives in the underworld, behind the snake way, and he could help them out. Baba told them also of the dragonballs, and that King Kai might know where another pair of them might be. They then talked to Enma Daio, and after a long discussion they were allowed to meet King Kai. They told him about their situation, that they want to be able to defeat the saiyans and about the dragonballs. King Kai knew about the namekians and contacted them. The Saiyans didn't knew about the Balls, so Freezer didn't as well and so the namekians are in no danger. and they said they are willing to this, but only 3 can be revived.
Long Story short (because of the letter limit): They trained with Kai, Nero and two others get revived, thanks to the Kaioken they where fast enough to hit the saiyans with their Ki blocking attacks and killed them Freezer noticed this, came to earth, killed the two other warriors and Nero had a death battle with him, where he came out victorious because of his intense training to use the Kaioken more efficiently. There are also some half Saiyans, as the saiyans already started their plan, but where not able to finish it. They help over a decade later against the mage Babidi. They where young, but thanks to the training with Nero they destroyed Babidi company before reviving boo. Cell and Androids never existed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rudoku posted:

Man...i followed some links from that page and ended up at the "Love-Love Beam"

what the christ posted:

Love-Love Beam is a technique Majin Buu and his wife Miss Buu used to create their child, Baby Buu, in Age 791.[1] The two parents tore many pieces from various parts of their body, mixed them together, and birthed life into the dumpling-shaped pieces by firing the beam into it.

Oh, and need I mention that Miss Buu was expelled from Fat Buu? So its some weird half-incest half-masturbation baby.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Man screw making different colored Majins, I'm going to make myself an albino Namekian!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I saw some skin color options for the Namekians so I think that might totally be possible.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Covok posted:

I saw some skin color options for the Namekians so I think that might totally be possible.

I saw them in the preview livestream that they did and it did look like white was a color option. I really hope the game ends up good because it looks like I'd get a lot of mileage just out of the customization.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I saw them in the preview livestream that they did and it did look like white was a color option. I really hope the game ends up good because it looks like I'd get a lot of mileage just out of the customization.

I don't know if clans are still a think on the internet or if that is something lost to time, but I'd be down for an albino namekian clan.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What the heck is a white namekian?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VanSandman posted:

They were purged during the great drought.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel bad that i can no longer remember what is DBZ canon and what is DBZA.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ImpAtom posted:

I feel bad that i can no longer remember what is DBZ canon and what is DBZA.

DBZA is the new canon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

DBZA is the new canon.

Yeah gently caress it, they remember poo poo better that Toriyama anyways.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

DBM is the new canon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did you know: every day without Xenoverse is like a million deaths?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It's OK, I can see their parachutes!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

It's OK, I can see their parachutes!

That line was supposed to just be Freeza having a laugh with a lame joke, right? Not a "oh, but the building was empty" line, right?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

That line was supposed to just be Freeza having a laugh with a lame joke, right? Not a "oh, but the building was empty" line, right?

Nope. In the original Ocean Dub of DBZ, the one that started the whole NEXT DIMENSION thing, when Nappa decided to vaporize some planes, Tien shouts that when they finish exploding.

Remember in DBZA, when Nappa blows up some planes, and the newscaster goes "HE BLEW UP THE CARGO PLANES! ...AND THE CARGO WAS PEOPLE!"? That was the scene.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah gently caress it, they remember poo poo better that Toriyama anyways.

People who only know about Dragon Ball through jokes on The Simpsons/Family Guy remember poo poo better than Toriyama.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

If toriyama remembered as much about dragon ball as most people, dragon ball would probably not be as good as it is

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Posing with strangers is hard

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Whats the best way to read the original Dragonball and Dragonball Z manga in english? I hear people talking about 'manga pacing' so much that I'd actually like to read it for myself, plus Toriyama is not at all a bad artist and I'd like to his 'unadapted' by different anime studios.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Squallege posted:

I like the grayscale Frieza Race guy.

Scrree posted:

Whats the best way to read the original Dragonball and Dragonball Z manga in english? I hear people talking about 'manga pacing' so much that I'd actually like to read it for myself, plus Toriyama is not at all a bad artist and I'd like to his 'unadapted' by different anime studios.

They (at least Z) is on Comixology so you can buy it and read it everywhere.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

If toriyama remembered as much about dragon ball as most people, dragon ball would probably not be as good as it is

Counterpoint: One Piece, where the author barely forgets poo poo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Squallege posted:

At least the speech bubble makes the frieza-race dude look like he's very confused by what's going on.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

This guy gets it. Oda's callbacks are amazing.

Random background character from 400 chapters ago? Hugely important character now!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Rhonne posted:

You could just shorten that one to Mary Buu. Or Mary Bue.

Cindy-Lou Buu

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TheKingofSprings posted:

Best part is that Oda is a giant Toriyama fanboy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rudoku posted:

I dare you to beat this original character*:

Beyond the name being rather Gary Stu-ish I actually like that character history. Dude obviously put a lot of thought in to it and had the character struggle rather than just solo'ing story based villains to show off how cool he is.

VanSandman posted:

Oddly enough I was wondering earlier today if Martian Manhunter would be a more fun/better match up against Goku than Superman, given that he's not dependent on specific star light to be at full strength and is basically a weird Buu/Namek fusion. Also whether Goku would ever accept he's not a Super Namekian.

Kuroyama posted:

People who only know about Dragon Ball through jokes on The Simpsons/Family Guy remember poo poo better than Toriyama.

As someone who hasn't seen new episodes of either of those in years, have they actually referenced Dragonball at some point out of interest?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Best part is that Oda is a giant Toriyama fanboy.

Wasn't there an interview where they were together, and Oda was freaking out and fanboying about little things he loved from the series, and Toriyama is clearly just nodding along politely because holy poo poo he does not remember a single thing this guy is talking about?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Flytrap posted:

Wasn't there an interview where they were together, and Oda was freaking out and fanboying about little things he loved from the series, and Toriyama is clearly just nodding along politely because holy poo poo he does not remember a single thing this guy is talking about?

Yeah, pretty much. I think Toriyama was really surprised for a long time that Dragonball was popular. Guy's super humble.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Flytrap posted:

I imagine this is a common occurrence for Akira.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, pretty much. I think Toriyama was really surprised for a long time that Dragonball was popular. Guy's super humble.

To be fair he also made Oda's fanboy explode by saying that he was a fan of One Piece. And the two seemed to be very friendly it would just be like, Oda would bring up Tao Pai Pai and Toriyama would just go "Who's Tao Pai Pai?" And then be informed.

Honestly it's kind of funny that Toriyama only remembers his work be re-reading it. Because you an almost imagine like "Yes, it's Vegeta, he's had all this growth he's gonna do something and of COURSE NOT" and just slamming the book shut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Toriyama owns

oda also owns

• Locked thread