Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

MrPants posted:

I tried playing this again after the update. I kind of had fun mining around my starting planet, making some armor, making a big farm, and then going to a different planet to mine some more for different stuff. Then the tutorial got to the point with the guy who wants coffee and it was a constant steam of running back and forth crafting one little item, more running around and 0 reward. That was pretty much bullshit but I was still willing to give it a chance. Then I did the Erchius base. That seemed unnecessarily difficult for a tutorial mission. I had to play it like 10 times to beat it. I play a lot of roguelikes so I have a fairly high tolerance for getting killed and trying again and that stupid mission was on the verge of making me quit trying to enjoy this poo poo.

Once I finally completed the mission, I got the crystals. I beamed back to my ship, it played the mission completion tune and started talking about the FTL drive being repaired. It then promptly crashed. Now the FTL drive isn't actually fixed, the quest is completed and I can't add fuel to the ship. I am stuck in the tutorial forever it seems with no work around. Oh I guess there were some suggestions to start a new character and try again.

So, in conclusion, gently caress this stupid loving game.

I had the same problem, except my inventory was full when I was supposed to pick up the crystals. So I didn't get them. :saddowns:

Turns out after you complete the mission, the crystals become available to purchase at the infinity mart in the outpost. I had to look this up though, they don't just come out and say it.

edit: Don't try to redo the mission for them, I tried that before looking up how to get the crystals. You only get them the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Was playing the game with some friends last night had also had an issue with the quest being complete but the FTL drive not being repaired. This thing I found somewhere fixed it:

quote:

/admin

/spawnitem shipT3

/admin
Pick up the item and use it, that should repair your FTL drive.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The update does have some improvements, now if they weren't as married to making the game so slow and tedious it wouldn't be too bad for a block-building game. I feel like everything should just be faster and/or cost less. You can fix it with a suite of mods I guess. Non-hostile random monsters, faster mining speed, more ores are a good start.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Vanity mods wishlist.

Something that makes buttons and switches you have no personal interaction with from the wire station only visible with the wire tool out.

Things like the proximity scanners, light sensors, Not switches, the various things that are there just to hook your wiring through for stuff that happens without you ever needing to click on them. Obviously you would want the wiring station crafted stuff you click the use button on to remain always visible.

Rigging up your ship teleporter to have sirens go off and the doors shut when people are standing on the pad is cool, but it feels a but silly when you have this "Not" switch just floating there in the middle of the room so the floor switch on top of the teleport pad will shut the doors instead of opening them :spergin:

EDIT: I've just realized I've hit the point of stable where all that is left is to spend ten minutes digging up enough ore to fill out my gear, and select planets nearly at random hoping to find the sidquest stuff to unlock bigger ship sizes. Peeking at the Wiki, I already have everything on hand except a prison sign. I never got around to finding the exact right Avian wall symbol until after beating all the placeholder bosses for more than the first ship size upgrade, hah.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 9, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

im gonna rename my dick starbound

qnqnx posted:

because it never comes out? :greencube:

this is what you guys miss by not posting in imp zone btw

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i like how when you mouse over a link there the little hand cursor from final fantasy pops up

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

hey friend playing this game lets play together in multiplayer oh my god how the poo poo does this work

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

xutech posted:

hey friend playing this game lets play together in multiplayer oh my god how the poo poo does this work

Poorly.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Buying people starbound avatars is the multiplayer

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Is some retard here spending money on low effort AV'S again?

Next time just send me the money.
Ahahahahaha wow. :laffo:

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Is there some sort of list for what foods do? Oculemon Stew seems to be the best/easiest thing you can make at the moment, giving speed, health and healing with pretty common ingredients.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Asimo posted:

Ahahahahaha wow. :laffo:

If people just sent me the 10 dollars it took to buy me a red text AV by now I would have been able to buy a sweet rear end second monitor Smdh

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ahundredbux posted:

Buying people starbound avatars is the multiplayer

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Hey guys, what's the haps, how have you all been, etc.

How about that there Starbound, eh? Whoo. You know what I think?

I have a goddamn space train, who gives a gently caress what anyone thinks.

Hope it updates again within a year, and that is about it.

Also keep up the good work modders, bug people own.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Thoughtless posted:

Is there some sort of list for what foods do? Oculemon Stew seems to be the best/easiest thing you can make at the moment, giving speed, health and healing with pretty common ingredients.
There's a mod that'll help with that.
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/descriptive-food.2434/

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Phlogistic posted:

Was playing the game with some friends last night had also had an issue with the quest being complete but the FTL drive not being repaired. This thing I found somewhere fixed it:

That totally worked. Which is great because buying the crystals wouldn't have helped me. The quest had already completed so my ship was forever broken. And Starbound has never even been installed on this computer before the winter update. The last time I played was 9+ months and a new computer ago.

Still, character destroying bugs in the tutorial that require console commands to work around in the "stable" version of the game? I am getting why people enjoy turning the thread into a multiplayer shitposting adventure more than playing the game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Love that descriptive foods mod now that I've just grabbed it. If only for the fact it highlights how many prepared foods are either identical or flat out worse than eachother even when they need more ingredients. For example!

Stuffed Dirturhin: Heals 120 over 60 seconds. 180 second cooldown.
Pearlpeas, Dirturchin, Cheese (trip to store needed), Bread.

Fish Fingers: Heals 120 over 60 seconds. 180 second cooldown.
Raw fish (have to hunt). Bread.

Beakseed Bread: Heals 170 over 60 seconds. 10 HP boost for 120 seconds. 180 second cooldown.
Wheat. Beakseed.

Looking over my foods and recipes unlocked so far, I have just realized despite having banannas and bread down, banana bread isn't on the list. Which was my go to survival item in old stable playing my Apex. Let's see. Maybe if make a battered banana? No...

Okay, I've made every banana involved product I can, leading to whatever banana products they would. No banana bread. Huh. Is this just me or is it missing? You also can't make roast banana anymore (ingredients. Banana. That's it) unless my recipes have just hosed up there as well.

Joke Edit: Clearly Big Ape has nerfed Banana recipes in a conspiracy against the resistance :tinfoil:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 9, 2015

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Going over the code, it appears banana bread has been temporarily removed, like many other things.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Going over the code, it appears banana bread has been temporarily removed, like many other things.

:negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

Well, thanks for the confirmation. With the bonkers cooldowns, food is highly impractical for the amount of healing you need in this game anyways, not even taking into account scaling. Mostly just been taking it before the few boss fights, or if I know I'll just be digging or clearing out loot items for a while without running into many enemies in a row.

Can go hours without getting hit so much as once by a normal enemy, and I got fall damage modded out thanks to that nice goon. But even then, every cooldown on food being so much longer than their effects just makes it so bluuuuuh. I actually liked throwing together food in old stable even after unlocking nanobandages and lucking into a doctor NPC dispenser to put on my ship (he loved to stand in front of the 3d Printer constantly).

Now? It's nearly why bother.

Also! What's the trick to crafting anything but antidotes and green stimpacks (speed boost) with medical syringes? That's all that unlocked for me when I found Bio samples on that first jungle world I went across.

Or most likely world type to find a prison on for a sign (whoops I found a gold CHALICE not a gold duck).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 9, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Double post for HOT MAZEBOUND PROTIPS using things I heard on a cartoon decades ago to beat it in less than three minutes.

Follow where the wall to your left leads. YOU WIN!

EDIT: vvv Well, that's glow in the dark down then, thanks. Silly me deliberately avoiding "This world is made of poison" planets :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 9, 2015

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you go to a planet covered in poisonous oceans and chop down some giant weird flower trees, they'll drop Toxic Waste, which gives you the recipe for (and is used in) yellow stimpacks. Bring those antidotes of yours since you'll constantly be pelted with poisonous rain.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

has anyone considered the fact that the stars have not consented to being bound and this whole game is incredibly troubling?
?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I did but then I decided that I didn't care, which explains my boundless patience with this game and also my posting

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Awesome! posted:

has anyone considered the fact that the stars have not consented to being bound and this whole game is incredibly troubling?
?

WE... WILL... NOT... BE .. BOUND!!!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

50 1 Shade of Dirt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davoren posted:

50 1 Shade of Dirt.

:drat:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Awesome! posted:

?

For that matter, the planets have not consented to being searched. So basically, your committing star-rape every time you go somewhere and mine.

Pochoclo posted:

WE... WILL... NOT... BE .. BOUND!!!

HEY! i know that reference! Homeworld 1!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
grimcreaped again

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

grimcreaper posted:

Yes that was a great game my favorite race was the Zerg :)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Davoren posted:

50 1 Shade of cobblestone

Fixed that for you.

Still can't even paint cobblestone bricks either :saddowns:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think it's weird that you can get all these varieties of dirt in color, but even though cobblestone you find comes in like half a dozen possible textures you can only get one type. That vertical patch cobblestone would be nice to build with.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

grimcreaper posted:

IT'S CATACLYSM YOU gently caress
The best game in the homeworld series

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thug Lessons posted:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Thug Lessons posted:

qft

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Glad to see we're back to our scheduled broadcast.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
With how long it has taken them to get the game into its current half baked state, it seems so pointless to wait for this thing to become a fully featured dick that I can put in my rear end and mouth.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

MrPants posted:

With how long it has taken them to get the game into its current half baked state, it seems so pointless to wait for this thing to become a fully featured dick that I can put in my rear end and mouth.

Any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i got new red text guys

• Locked thread