Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Chaltab posted:

Assuming the hypothetical Wii U Metroid even uses the remote.

Of course it would. Sideways. Just like the last one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Chaltab posted:

Assuming the hypothetical Wii U Metroid even uses the remote.

The touch screen surely would make all this conversation redundant

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Elysia is gorgeous and ziplining through the sky is a lot of fun. Though it's bothering me that I can't scan the robots who attack you while on the ziplines...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dr. Dos posted:

Of course it would. Sideways. Just like the last one...

I refuse to believe Sakamoto will be given free reign over another Metroid game again.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The touch screen surely would make all this conversation redundant

I'd rather have the wiimote/chuck.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Beam stacking in Corruption sucks because you only have three beams and you can't mix and match combinations of them like in Super. It's mechanically boring and a definite downgrade to the options presented in the previous games (their individual abilities aside; welding and x-ray sniping were pretty cool)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I thought Hyper Mode was really fun and a good way to compensate for the inevitable situation of having too many goddamn energy tanks. I didn't want more energy tanks for the survivability, I wanted it for more MURDER BEAM :black101:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hypermode difficulty is pretty brutal in Corruption. The enemies go into hypermode sooner and way more often, forcing you to use hypermode more.

Also, the Mogenar boss battle is Omega Pirate on Hard levels of frustrating. If you can't micro manage your health and use hypermode efficiently, you just die.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
For those of us trying to buy things on ClubNintendo, they're working on it, but won't have anything fixed until Wednesday at the earliest.

If you have to fix any transactions/errors, your best bet is to contact them via chat.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I've been thinking of getting a Wii U lately, and it's all because of Splatoon. Please tell me this is a bad idea.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually splatoon is gonna own so it's a great idea. also all the other games are good too

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I can't tell you it's a bad idea

because it is, in fact, a good idea.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Rexroom posted:

I've been thinking of getting a Wii U lately, and it's all because of Splatoon. Please tell me this is a bad idea.

It's a bad idea to invest in a gaming platform because of games that will come out in the future. By the time the game(s) that you want to play comes out, the console might get a hardware price drop or something, and besides that the game(s) that you're buying the console for might end up sucking.

That said, the Wii U has the best library of exclusives so far this generation, so there's more than enough reason to buy one anyway.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Splatoon looks pretty drat good so far, but agree that there are plenty of non-Splatoon reasons to own a Wii U.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Also the Wii U is the cheapest console of this generation with the most worthwhile exclusives. Look at the catalog at this point and see if anything grabs your eye.

Nobody will promise you that Splatoon's online community will stay strong for any amount of time but it should be alright at the start at least.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also the Wii U is the cheapest console of this generation with the most worthwhile exclusives. Look at the catalog at this point and see if anything grabs your eye.

You're not kidding. My PC/WiiU combo has me pretty much completely satisfied. I can't think of any other exclusives for the XBone or PS4 that haven't either been complete flops or so mediocre that they haven't warranted attention one the marketing hype dies down. Hell, the only game i was tempted to buy a PS4 for was MGSV and that's coming to PC so...

Anyway, the WiiU exclusives are all loving gold. Mario World, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros. They're just solid bug free and, most importantly, fun games. There are more but i've gotten so sucked into the sheer volume of content in Hyrule Warriors that I've not moved onto anything else since Christmas..

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Hyrule Warriors is a pro-purchase. If you have fun with it, there's enough content in the base game to keep you occupied for months. If you drop the DLC on top of that (which is a great value, like all Nintendo DLC) you'll have a game that you can plug away at indefinitely without ever running out of goals to chase. The only way to 100% the game is by getting locked up in a rich-people prison that lets you have a TV and a game console

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im not allowed to post but if you don't buy a Wii u you're dumb because its worth the price of admission in games, and in installing Nintendont and buying a Hori Battle Pad. Having a console be able to natively run Cube games at a high definition owns, because as good as Dolphin gets it'll never feel the same as running the games natively, which the Wii U does. Plus its cheaper to buy a Wii U than a Cube and Component Cables.

Also Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze rules.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kin posted:

You're not kidding. My PC/WiiU combo has me pretty much completely satisfied. I can't think of any other exclusives for the XBone or PS4 that haven't either been complete flops or so mediocre that they haven't warranted attention one the marketing hype dies down. Hell, the only game i was tempted to buy a PS4 for was MGSV and that's coming to PC so...

Bloodborne is actually going to be really good. And if you don't have The Last of Us, the remastered version has been going cheaper than the PS3 version at some places.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

THE loving MOON posted:

Hyrule Warriors is a pro-purchase. If you have fun with it, there's enough content in the base game to keep you occupied for months. If you drop the DLC on top of that (which is a great value, like all Nintendo DLC) you'll have a game that you can plug away at indefinitely without ever running out of goals to chase. The only way to 100% the game is by getting locked up in a rich-people prison that lets you have a TV and a game console

While I appreciate that it has so much content, it also makes me not want to get obsessed with the game in fear of wanting to get everything.

I easily put 100 hours into Smash on the 3DS just to get all the special moves, and it completely killed my interest to do the same thing on the Wii U version.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bloodborne is actually going to be really good. And if you don't have The Last of Us, the remastered version has been going cheaper than the PS3 version at some places.

Neither you nor I has any idea whether or not Bloodborne will be any good until it comes out. (I can guarantee, however, that it will be the next "if you don't like X then you are Objectively Wrong" game on these forums no matter what.)

I do wish TLoU was on Wii U, though. But you can play that on your PS3 so it's hardly an exclusive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

taint reaped again, gently caress

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Neither you nor I has any idea whether or not Bloodborne will be any good until it comes out. (I can guarantee, however, that it will be the next "if you don't like X then you are Objectively Wrong" game on these forums no matter what.)

I do wish TLoU was on Wii U, though. But you can play that on your PS3 so it's hardly an exclusive.

of course it's going to be good you nut

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
60fps TLoU, Bloodborne and console Street Fighter V make the PS4 a pretty substitute for a PC for people who simply don't want to get a high-end PC. Owning WiiU/PS4 combo would give tons of good gaming options.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Abu Dave posted:

Im not allowed to post but if you don't buy a Wii u you're dumb because its worth the price of admission in games, and in installing Nintendont and buying a Hori Battle Pad. Having a console be able to natively run Cube games at a high definition owns, because as good as Dolphin gets it'll never feel the same as running the games natively, which the Wii U does. Plus its cheaper to buy a Wii U than a Cube and Component Cables.

Also Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze rules.

This. It's the coolest thing ever to be able to play three generations of systems natively in one. Nintendo is stupid if they don't end up releasing GC games for download like they are now with Wii ones.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah I have to say Hyrule Warriors was a surprise for me, as I initially bought my WiiU mostly for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. I haven't played either since getting Hyrule Warriors

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

60fps TLoU, Bloodborne and console Street Fighter V make the PS4 a pretty substitute for a PC for people who simply don't want to get a high-end PC. Owning WiiU/PS4 combo would give tons of good gaming options.

No doubt the PS4 has the best prospects (outside of a PC) for third party games this time around. It just has yet to get any exclusive "killer apps" under its belt, IMO, while the WiiU already has three (MK8, Smash U, and SM3DW). But yeah, PC/WiiU or PS4/WiiU this time around.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles, that game was legit. So pumped for Xenoblade Chronicles X now. Time to finish Metroid Prime now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm quite happy with my WiiU/PC combo. Though Microsoft's renewed interest in their non-Halo exclusives (Rare, Phantom Dust, etc) has me considering the Bone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SilverSupernova posted:

Though Microsoft's renewed interest in their non-Halo exclusives (Rare, Phantom Dust, etc) has me considering the Bone.

gonna quote this post and we can revisit later for chuckles

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Devil Wears Wings posted:

I have a PS3 and I still wish TLoU was on Wii U or PC. Better graphics aside, there's the problem that my cats broke all my PS3 controllers. :colbert:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I got my Wii U refurb for $200, I'm getting a PS4 for free, so I might actually buy a Bone if there's a bunch of good poo poo in a couple years. I really don't feel a need for either the PS4 or Bone right now, but free PS4 is something I won't say no to.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Fremry posted:

I got my Wii U refurb for $200, I'm getting a PS4 for free, so I might actually buy a Bone if there's a bunch of good poo poo in a couple years. I really don't feel a need for either the PS4 or Bone right now, but free PS4 is something I won't say no to.
If all else fails just sell it and make ∞% profit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chaltab posted:

I have a PS3 and I still wish TLoU was on Wii U or PC. Better graphics aside, there's the problem that my cats broke all my PS3 controllers. :colbert:

what..?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm quite happy with my WiiU/PC combo. Though Microsoft's renewed interest in their non-Halo exclusives (Rare, Phantom Dust, etc) has me considering the Bone.

This is anecdotal of course, but I'm the only one of my friends to have an Xbox one, and most of my friends are lamenting the lack of currently released exclusive games for their PS4's. Granted, that's going to change soon, but up until this point it's not exactly been great according to them.
Of course, when they all come over we all play Wii U anyway because it has better games than both systems.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Dragged them off the table onto the hard wood floor while they were plugged in. Thing is I didn't know how the first one got broke until they did it a second time.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm having serious EVE Online flash backs when trying to log into club nintendo cause it really feels like the system is aware of me but is simply so overloaded it can't even begin to try to process what I asked it to do.

Unlike eve online though real life doesn't have slow mo as a failsafe.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Fremry posted:

I got my Wii U at the time for MH3U and i pumped enough hours into that game alone to make it worth the price of the purchase. It came with Nintendoland, which provided me with hours of multi-player entertainment. Now I have a tons of Wii U games and Wii games that I missed. I'm not a console warrior either, but goddamn it's a great system. I got a ps4 for Christmas and I love that too. It's really nice, and with ps+ I had a shitload of games out of the box. There are enough games coming out in the next few months which I'm stoked for. I guess in the end, Wii U/PC/PS4 are all great.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Chaltab posted:

Dragged them off the table onto the hard wood floor while they were plugged in. Thing is I didn't know how the first one got broke until they did it a second time.

Well, you could buy new controllers for less than the game would cost on the Wii U.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shlapintogan posted:

I can't tell you it's a bad idea

because it is, in fact, a good idea.

This should be the new thread title.

Ruddha posted:

of course it's going to be good you nut

Nobody here gives a poo poo about Dark Souls Chat, and I can guarantee nobody here gives a poo poo about Not-Dark Souls Chat either.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Awesome! posted:

gonna quote this post and we can revisit later for chuckles

The only thing about the xbone that I'm interested in is the improved controller over the 360 for if/when they make a PC wireless dongle for xbone controllers. And even then, that's only because PC games don't support the Wii U pro controller natively, I got mine in today and you guys weren't kidding about how nice this thing is.

Looks like the controller I got was a Japanese model because the packaging is all in Japanese, do Japanese Club Nintendo codes work on non-Japanese Club Nintendo sites? If not then I guess whoever's got a japanese CN account can have the code, that is if the Japanese CN still even exists.

• Locked thread