Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Will that dinosaur even run 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Harney is great. Try their Paris flavor if you like flavored black teas.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

No Egrets posted:

After sweating bullets for the last month I just received my final bill for my Christmas appendectomy. My insurance company was billed ~$30,000 in total and my portion worked out to just under $500. Thanks kaiser permanente.

When I read things like this, I thank my lucky stars I live in Canada

Starhawk64 posted:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 :getin:

Sorry if XP offends anyone's eyes. I'm installing Windows 7 on it pretty soon.

I'm out of the loop on laptops, but that's not a current model is it?

I know IBM has always built ugly stuff, but I remember using something like that 15 years ago

Alcantara shift boot, can't stand the plastic-leather they used for the stock one

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Feb 10, 2015

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

Sappo569 posted:

I know IBM has always built ugly stuff, but I remember using something like that 15 years ago

*lip quivers* How dare you.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

David Copperfield posted:

H&S blends are pro tier. Seconding the Paris recommendation; Caribe is another great black tea blend. For sachets, Love Life is also excellent.

Stavrogin
Feb 6, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

Paris is awesome, it's the only tea I drink. I got to meet John Harney year or so back (he died this past summer). Awesome guy, just as fine a gentleman as you'd expect.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Sappo569 posted:

Thinkpads are by Lenovo these days. They're a little sleeker, but they're still recognizably Thinkpads.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

This particular model is from 2007 I believe.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Thinkpads are by Lenovo these days. They're a little sleeker, but they're still recognizably Thinkpads.

Err goes to show how out of the loop I am ... I think it's the red trackball that gives away a Thinkpad :P

Starhawk64 posted:

This particular model is from 2007 I believe.

:vince:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Bitchkrieg posted:

H&S blends are pro tier. Seconding the Paris recommendation; Caribe is another great black tea blend. For sachets, Love Life is also excellent.

Didn't like Caribe personally (but if you liked the Green Tea + Coconut, it's worth a shot). If you like Paris you should try the Boston (almond + cranberries, it's a little subtler) or the Apricot black tea. If you're near NY you can go to one of their stores and try everything/crazy things. The SoHo store has an infuser where they play with things like Paris-infused ice cream floats or Bulldog gin. I think the Grandson runs the SoHo store.

also if you're super lazy/cheap, look for the teas in the 50 packs. a lot cheaper ($11) than the fancy satchel tins and more convenient than the loose stuff, if less fresh.

David Copperfield has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Feb 10, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

When I read things like this, I thank my lucky stars I live in Canada

In Canada, everyone's paying constantly for medical care whether or not they're receiving it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

In Canada, everyone's paying constantly for medical care whether or not they're receiving it.

:ssh: this is also true in the United States.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

True, but I'd much rather be paying for it gradually over my entire life time then having someone drop a $30k bill into my ruptured appendix

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Will that dinosaur even run 7?

Just installed windows 7 64bit. Works just fine.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

:ssh: this is also true in the United States.

Well, duh. But who in the US smugly sits there and smarms out "HEH, shame you aren't in CANADA, where it's FREE if you get sick"?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Well, duh. But who in the US smugly sits there and smarms out "HEH, shame you aren't in CANADA, where it's FREE if you get sick"?

:goonsay:

Content:

Wait, no I didn't :laugh:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

:goonsay:

Content:

Wait, no I didn't :laugh:

Well duh, you can't just buy a couple minorities.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Actually in Canada you can

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PCOS Bill posted:

Well good thing you are in America where no one brags about anything.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Well good thing you are in America where no one brags about anything.

We invented Rocky.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

No, we smugly talk about how we have the best health care system in the world without realizing that only applies to the 1% who can walk in and pay cash (or more likely use their invite-only credit card with a bajillion dollar limit) for their in-home treatment with an exclusive doctor who has a total number of patients that you can count on two hands.

Geoj has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Feb 10, 2015

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is it even possible to buy a new computer TYOOL2K15 with a clit mouse?

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Yup: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/business-and-home-office/?menu-id=professional

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

Is it even possible to buy a new computer TYOOL2K15 with a clit mouse?

Yes. Lenovo still makes them.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 :getin:

Sorry if XP offends anyone's eyes. I'm installing Windows 7 on it pretty soon.
Try 8, bro.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I thought that style of laptop died out in the late 90s/early 00s, or at least that style of internal trackball/button combo, crazy. Guess it was cheaper to produce it as is rather than make a new mold?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Only Thinkpads and some HP business laptops still have it. They work fine in a pinch if you don't have a mouse. It's preferable to a lot of PC laptops with lovely tiny trackpads.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Only Thinkpads and some HP business laptops still have it. They work fine in a pinch if you don't have a mouse. It's preferable to a lot of PC laptops with lovely tiny trackpads.
Is it really? I've tried using them a few times in the past and they've felt horribly unintuitive. I'd take even a lovely trackpad over a clit mouse any day.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Posting from a lenovo ThinkPad Yoga I bought last year, laptop nipple included. I turned it off.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
My ThinkPad has an awful trackpad (X230), especially the buttons, so I use the second set above the trackpad but not the nipple. Its too hard to adapt to imo

e: nice piece of hardware otherwise though & worth the $100 I paid for it

strap on revenge has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Feb 10, 2015

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I had a ~2008 Thinkpad of some kind with the TrackPoint® and yeah, the trackpad was so lovely I learned to use the clit mouse, when I couldn't be bothered to plug in my wireless mouse. It works alright once you're used to it.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
It's drat got a drat Centrino processor. Seriously I doubt it would even run Windows 7.

Why even spend money on it at that point?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have a T61 as well and just got Windows 10 running so 8 should work too. Also the track point is cool and good and by far the best input method for a laptop

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I have a Lenovo Z50-70 it doesn't have a clit mouse but the track pad is absolute garbage sometimes it has a mind of it's own.

Content, I bought a cake tin with one of those catch things on the side. Gonna make some cakes.

beato has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Feb 10, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
New hard drive arrives today, was running dangerously low on space:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mu Zeta posted:

Some business-grade Dells have them too, or at least did within the past few years since about half of the ones in use at my office have a trackpoint.

Content:

Had a giftcard to Northern Brewer from X-Mass, and they were doing a promotion where I got 10% off for ordering through their new beta site, so out of pocket cost to me was only like $20 after shipping.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Feb 10, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

Some business-grade Dells have them too, or at least did within the past few years since about half of the ones in use at my office have a trackpoint.

Content:

Gun, bike or brewing?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Gun, bike or brewing?

It's a shoe you pleeb.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Look at the scrubs who don't know what a secondary overhead cooling blowout coil for a Johnson and Mills RB5067 Marg Machine looks like. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

The rubber bits on the HP laptops (which we have at work) come off really easily but then they're shittily built altogether so that's no big surprise. IBM laptops, of course, are pretty much indestructible.