Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I just bought the SU-152 because I have an unhealthy love of shooting things with huge fuckoff shells whether it's a good idea or not. Given that I'm going to use the 152mm the whole way through, what equipment should I be mounting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Kenlon posted:

I just bought the SU-152 because I have an unhealthy love of shooting things with huge fuckoff shells whether it's a good idea or not. Given that I'm going to use the 152mm the whole way through, what equipment should I be mounting?

Vents Rammer GLD. Replace vents with binocs/net if you want. Replace GLD with the other if you're really good at preaiming or like full bloom snapshoting because you'll hit every shot anyway might as well.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
#gross #hoover24/7

http://www.twitch.tv/robotorb/c/6081420

http://www.twitch.tv/robotorb/c/6081356

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 9, 2015

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Gather around and see the most tragic and heroic fight in WoT history. Where I break my E-50M's back in an attempt to carry a bunch of drooling mongoloids but its not enough. There's a victorious duel against two E5's (at the same time), there's two ramming kills, almost 7k damage, six kills total, and all ends to a treacherous death at the hands of a cowardly French light tank.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Mesadoram posted:

http://civil.wotmanager.com/

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

I love how CLAWS is still rolling after CRABS has long slinked back into the surf.

Whatever happened to MacDiesel? :downsgun:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I've only played 60 games in it but it I have an 86% w/r and 2100 dpg. It's good dood.

Yeah but you are actually good at this game, so that is hardly a proper comparison. How do you use it best? I probably have 20 or so games in it and haven't gotten comfortable yet.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

I love how CLAWS is still rolling after CRABS has long slinked back into the surf.

Parole was revoked.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
I'm worse at this game but hey.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

demonR6 posted:

Parole was revoked.

Oh there's another guy who's a hip hops artist!

diogenespanda
Jan 18, 2008
I did not know about this civil war cw thing, tell last night rip me.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

It's surprisingly quick.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Can someone repost the link to that mod that locks auto-aim to the tank closest to your reticle even if the reticle is not on the tank?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYoIgKxOK4A

EDIT: No war but Class War, brothers.

Overwined fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 10, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'm working on the mission to kill 2 TDs while in a medium, I take my Cromwell and Seigfried Line comes up, more then half the enemy team is TDs and its a tier 6 match. I get behind one of the bunkers in the field, put shots into a charging Cromwell and a Vk3001P, but I take some damage from TDs in the back. A enemy SU-100 somehow nails the very tip of my turret above the building and I explode. Next medium games, 1 TD max.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
:toot::rock::siren: Hey anybody can make tournament teams so I made a bunch. :siren::rock::toot:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121493-Big_Boy_Brigade/
For Big Boys

Wednesday-only, three tier VIIIs and one V on Mittenberg, which'll be a hoot at least. I have zero tank ideas for this. Needs 6 players to a team, so sign up if you wanted to join this weeks tourny.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/
For Big Ladies

It's a Skirmish! Runs from the 16-22 but most of that is only if you make the finals. Being slightly above average nets you 500 gold so no sweat.
Mittenberg again, 5 tanks, tier 8 max heavies only with 38 points. Again, no clue. 5 players and 3 reserves.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121498-I_didn_t_want_to_be_here/
For those who don't want to be here.

Weird Brit TD promotion tournament. 7 tanks, tier VII max, 46 points and a mandatory British TD. Getting 7 players is probably the hard part.

Passwords the usual.
I say that all the idiots who were on IC's team just sign up for the Wednesday one because it's basically the same (But on a nutty map). Else you should all sign up for gold I guess. Average tournament is bad, earn money.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

:toot::rock::siren: Hey anybody can make tournament teams so I made a bunch. :siren::rock::toot:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121493-Big_Boy_Brigade/
For Big Boys

Wednesday-only, three tier VIIIs and one V on Mittenberg, which'll be a hoot at least. I have zero tank ideas for this. Needs 6 players to a team, so sign up if you wanted to join this weeks tourny.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/
For Big Ladies

It's a Skirmish! Runs from the 16-22 but most of that is only if you make the finals. Being slightly above average nets you 500 gold so no sweat.
Mittenberg again, 5 tanks, tier 8 max heavies only with 38 points. Again, no clue. 5 players and 3 reserves.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121498-I_didn_t_want_to_be_here/
For those who don't want to be here.

Weird Brit TD promotion tournament. 7 tanks, tier VII max, 46 points and a mandatory British TD. Getting 7 players is probably the hard part.

Passwords the usual.
I say that all the idiots who were on IC's team just sign up for the Wednesday one because it's basically the same (But on a nutty map). Else you should all sign up for gold I guess. Average tournament is bad, earn money.

Suggested tanks, in order:

3 50100s, 1 Chaffee or T67 to finish tanks off.
2 50100s, 2 Tiger 1s, 1 IS-6. All the HP and damage output you can stomach.
A bunch of Comets, T29s and E-25s, and an Alecto to scout.

I joined the first one because there's literally no strategy involved besides driving forward and shooting tanks when they aren't looking at you, and sometimes when they are looking at you.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

I joined the first one because there's literally no strategy involved besides driving forward and shooting tanks when they aren't looking at you, and sometimes when they are looking at you.

same here but I joined because I want to hear Hellsau yell at me "You had one job.. ONE JOB!!!"

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Hellsau is not Chill. His name lies, goons died (because we're bad).

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dustoph posted:

Is there a list of best tanks per tier? I haven't played in a long time, and the tree has grown so much, that I'm overwhelmed in figuring out which tanks to keep, get, or go for. Ideally I'd like to have 2 good tanks per tier on hand, and more if they are also tits. Like I remember the T4 Leopard being cool back when. I'm sure this would change a lot, but appreciate any advice.

Edit: Is the KV-1 with the big gun still hilariously fun?

I know this is from a few days ago, and Alleviated posted his own detailed response, but I figured I'd copy the writeup I made a couple months ago as you may find it informative:

http://pastebin.com/JdSUATJZ

It hasn't been updated since the original post, and formatting has been stripped (italics) but it's still largely accurate. Let me know if you have any questions.

YF19pilot posted:

Apparently my computer can now run WoT (poorly). I've been piddling around on the SEA server, but I might see if I can get onto one of the NA servers without too much lag. It's been a while since I logged in, and I know I had just gotten an M103, or was just on the verge of getting it, so if someone sends me a refferal, I can get tier X probably within the next month or two.

I got dibs since nobody else seems interested. I can get you an invite code and some compensation as well.

WayAbvPar posted:

Well I have just been educated by this shitlord esteemed WoT player. He posits that win rate and stats are meaningless. Further more, win rate is only data, and that I obviously don't know the difference between data and information. And something about TOGs having to fight tiers 7 and 8 (although he was in a Matilda BP at the time, so I have no idea what that was about).

You learn something every day, I guess. At least people who can fog a mirror and point their tank gun at red tanks and click the LMB occasionally can. I am not sure most of the 'players' are even sentient any more.

"Correct, the numbers are just data. The information they provide is that you are terrible at this game."

Come on, was that so hard? :smugdog:

So, what exactly happened with this merger? What was going on with BADGR, and how did you choose the guys to kick from PBKAC to make room? I hear that quite a few players were annoyed when they were dumped with no warning.

I sent out invites to some of the kicked goons.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I dunno. I got asked whether I was still interested cause I hadn't played in like ever. Didn't really care, still taking a break.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah but you are actually good at this game, so that is hardly a proper comparison. How do you use it best? I probably have 20 or so games in it and haven't gotten comfortable yet.

It's basically an is-3 with much better frontal armor. Anything T8 or below you can reliably bounce *enough* shots to kill before they kill you. (this is assuming you can hide your lfp) You still have the fuckoff spaced sides that make an is-3 so annoying so give anything t9 an angled side to shoot at, and them pop them.

Expect to shoot lots of HEAT at t8+ but hey, its a d-25 what did you expect?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

It's basically an is-3 with much better frontal armor. Anything T8 or below you can reliably bounce *enough* shots to kill before they kill you. (this is assuming you can hide your lfp) You still have the fuckoff spaced sides that make an is-3 so annoying so give anything t9 an angled side to shoot at, and them pop them.

This. I love my 111. The 112 though sucks and should never be bought.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

DonkeyHotay posted:

best part of the wz-111 is the shot trap that no other wz-111 driver seams to know about on sea.

almost done the panther 2 grind, its so annoying to play as its so loving mediocre at everything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Snakes in a can posted:

best part of the wz-111 is the shot trap that no other wz-111 driver seams to know about on sea.

almost done the panther 2 grind, its so annoying to play as its so loving mediocre at everything.

The Panther 2 is basically a Tiger 1 a tier higher. Fun!

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

:smithicide:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I saw the artillery and air strikes article on the WoT website. Are there any videos of it in action? Is it just for clan wars or does it also work for strongholds?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the new Armored Warfare game some kind of partnership between Wargaming and Obsidian? I saw an alpha gameplay video on YouTube and it looks identical to World of Tanks in almost every way, which is fine, just interesting if Obsidian is doing it entirely independently.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the new Armored Warfare game some kind of partnership between Wargaming and Obsidian? I saw an alpha gameplay video on YouTube and it looks identical to World of Tanks in almost every way, which is fine, just interesting if Obsidian is doing it entirely independently.

Nah, they're just shamelessly copying stuff. Hopefully the end result is better, but I don't really trust Obsidian to get the actual game part right.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I'm honestly kind of surprised that they're copying everything down to the unit icons for the various classes, that's pretty ballsy. I am curious if Obsidian can pull off a tank game, since exactly nobody knows them for their superior game-play experiences. Maybe the crew members will have really compelling backstories.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know a gimmick to get a T95E2 ? It might be bad but I still kinda want one and none of my friends want to start playing this game (they know it's terrible).

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://wotreplays.com/site/1608492 I did a tanks move in a Chaffee that I bought today, ignore poo poo play and FF to the end. Can anyone make a gif out of the ramkill to end the match for I am dumb and lazy tia.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm honestly kind of surprised that they're copying everything down to the unit icons for the various classes, that's pretty ballsy. I am curious if Obsidian can pull off a tank game, since exactly nobody knows them for their superior game-play experiences. Maybe the crew members will have really compelling backstories.

I mean, it looks a bit cargo-culty to me. I'd like to be wrong but this is Obsidian, notable for standing on the shoulders of giants without really getting much taller.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Does anyone know a gimmick to get a T95E2 ? It might be bad but I still kinda want one and none of my friends want to start playing this game (they know it's terrible).

Your only alternatives are to make an alt and do it yourself, or arrange a gentleman's agreement with someone else who wants one.

I have a buddy who did the former, he said it took him about a week (!) to get a tier 10. He said he wasn't trying to win, he was essentially quixperiencing it. I still find that hard to believe, but I don't think he was lying to me. :iiam:

I've been trying to find someone to recruit but with no luck so far. I've offered to carry the new recruit, do a reciprocal thing, pay someone to just do it, etc. PM me if you want to work something out.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

The Southern Dandy posted:

He's MIA sitting here in G.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Yeah the alpha footage killed the hype a bit for me. Right now it looks like a faster paced reskinned WoT, and I like the slower pace in WoT. Even the arty aiming circle is identical to WoT. I'm hoping that it's just programmer art and it'll all be replaced before release.

e: went back to look at the jingles video and found goons

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 10, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

There will also be shittons of useless items on each map that have no other purpose than physics test. See that can? You can shoot it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

srb posted:

It's surprisingly quick.

Thats the thing! I expected it to be a tier 3 heavy, but its not at all. the armour is shockingly thin actually, at 14/8/8 everything pens you at any angle essentially. however, it goes 40+ easily, turns really well and has a bullshit howitzer. the gun has essentially the same pen with AP and HE 43 vs 38 and ridiculous 90 pen HEAT round. Of course, the shells probably has some of the absolute lowest shell velocities in the game, but who cares. its t3, pubbies are awful and the grosstraktor stomps reds like no other. it essentially oneshots everything on its tier, and has hitpoints like a t4 vehicle. it sees 5s however, but you can still dish out damage against them if you stay a bit back. also it looks wonky as hell (this is a good thing) and has a weird butt-turret (this is also good).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Prav posted:

I mean, it looks a bit cargo-culty to me. I'd like to be wrong but this is Obsidian, notable for standing on the shoulders of giants without really getting much taller.

Unless you like wordy games for their words, or want an actual decent fallout, but they've only done wordy games. It'll be interesting especially if they do what they say they will and do something different with artillery.

I just want to not have to rely on pubbies, so pve will make it a game I might play.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Kenlon posted:

On top of what Hellsau said, get a KV-2. Because potentially fighting Tier 5s with a 152mm howitzer is all kinds of hilarious.

Pretty much everything about the UI is still WIP, mind you. The videos out right now are an early technical alpha test that was mostly concerned with how well the basic game engine and server architecture would hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Hellsau posted:

You make it sound too grim. I actually enjoyed playing it and did better than other Tier 8 mediums. Its a good sniping platform and can brawl and ram in a pinch.