Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

tater_salad posted:

How is it in 2015 modern Era nascar isnt in the mobile app?

Reminder that they finally switched from carburetors to fuel injection in 2012. We'll likely have a mobile phone app when full human internet augmentation is the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

tater_salad posted:

How is it in 2015 modern Era nascar isnt in the mobile app?

They did. Except sprint owned it because it was sprint cup. And anyone else that tried to mimic something like it got nailed around by either nascar or some broadcasting group for rebroadcasting. Or so I assume. I know there was/is an app on sprint phones for the at least the cup races.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Welp, time to use this to flush out the ol' collection:

http://diecastlist.com/

Enjoy.

E:

MY BODY IS READY

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

OnlyJuanMon posted:

MY BODY IS READY

Is it just me or is 2015 going to be a Big DealTM season? I mean it's Jeff Gordon's last season as a full-time driver. JEFF GORDON. We sat through Earnhardt dying and now Gordon is leaving. All hail Kyle Larson.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
End of Jeff Gordon, Rise of Kyle Larson, Start of Chase Elliott. Yeah, gonna be a big year.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Larson is the driver of the next 15 years, IMO. Sorry Jimmie, no 8 Cups.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Larson is the driver of the next 15 years, IMO. Sorry Jimmie, no 8 Cups.

Saving this post for November when ol 100 time wins again.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

Saving this post for November when ol 100 time wins again.

That will only be 7 :colbert:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

He's going to have a VERY good year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

I am referring, of course, to his name in the future.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

JuffoWup posted:

They did. Except sprint owned it because it was sprint cup. And anyone else that tried to mimic something like it got nailed around by either nascar or some broadcasting group for rebroadcasting. Or so I assume. I know there was/is an app on sprint phones for the at least the cup races.

He may be talking about the Yahoo Fantasy app, on which there is no function for the NASCAR fantasy game.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
In as Dillon Smash Bros

I feel like somebody was already that name in previous seasons which is probably why I thought of it so I may change that soon.

E: you guys are def right about that C list. So bad. How are guys like Allmendinger, Hornish, Almirola, and Mears not on the C list? No disrespect to Allmendinger but aside from the road courses he doesn't really have a chance at winning one besides some sort of fluke circumstances and now we find out that their team isn't exactly rolling in cash so who knows if they can even run the full season. Even Vickers should probably be on the C list since he isn't cleared to race until a few races in and who knows if even he will finish the season?

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 7, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

bigbillystyle posted:

In as Dillon Smash Bros

I feel like somebody was already that name in previous seasons which is probably why I thought of it so I may change that soon.

E: you guys are def right about that C list. So bad. How are guys like Allmendinger, Hornish, Almirola, and Mears not on the C list? No disrespect to Allmendinger but aside from the road courses he doesn't really have a chance at winning one besides some sort of fluke circumstances and now we find out that their team isn't exactly rolling in cash so who knows if they can even run the full season. Even Vickers should probably be on the C list since he isn't cleared to race until a few races in and who knows if even he will finish the season?

JTG-Daugherty not running the Unlimited is hardly an indicator that their financial situation is dire. It doesn't pay much and is a pretty good opportunity to tear up a racecar for no reason.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The C-List is really tough to pick from every year. They never put enough regulars in there.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Until I can find something better, in as C-List Fantasy Picker.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I can't remember who was asking about getting tickets to the Duels, but general admission is $60 at face value. Might be able to snag some off StubHub, though.

Cubey did a list of drivers in NT2003 who are still with their teams and came up with three. How about the teams which are still intact? Somebody can help me fill in the blanks if I missed some:

1- DEI (now Ganassi)
2- Penske
4- Morgan McClure
5- Hendrick
6- Roush (number reactivated for 2015)
7- Jim Smith
8- DEI
9- Evernham (number now with RPM)
10- MB2
12- Penske (now 22)
15- DEI (now with MWR)
16- Roush
17- Roush
18- JGR
19- Evernham (now with JGR)
20- JGR
21- Wood Bros
22- Bill Davis
24- Hendrick
25- Hendrick (became 88)
26- Travis Carter
29- RCR (now 3)
30- RCR (now...I guess the 27?)
31- RCR
32- PPI (now FAS Lane)
38- Robert Yates (now Front Row)
40- Ganassi
41- Ganassi
(now SHR)
42- Ganassi
43- Petty Enterprises (now RPM)
45- Petty Enterprises
48- Hendrick
49- BAM
55- Andy Petree (now MWR)
88- Robert Yates
97- Roush
99- Roush

So 19 cars still running in some sense. Basically all the Busch teams are dead, too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 8, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The fact that there are only 8 drivers in the game who were full time in Cup then and still are now is probably the most noticeable thing to me. 12 total drivers in this game are in Cup if you count guys who are represented by Busch series cars (Vickers, JMac, Kahne, Biffle).

Oh, and there are three Sauters in this game. I should set up a race in which I Carlos Pardo all of them at Martinsville.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

So 19 cars still running in some sense. Basically all the Busch teams are dead, too.

Only ones I could pinpoint from 2002 Daytona race is the Hendrick 24 and 5 which are JRM 88 and 5, Roush Racing 60, and RCR 2 and 21 being 2/3/62 or whatever Gaughan's number is. Oh and also JGR's 18 and for 5 races 20. Go into 2003 you can add the Todd Braun's team as Turner Motorsports entry of some sort. That and some of those entries are actually in cup now (Waltrip, JTG, Tommy Baldwin Jr.)

As for 2002 in Trucks Thorsport with Matt Crafton coincidentally and Rick Ware. Kind of sort of Gibbs being Kyle Busch's outfit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The death of like basically every legacy Busch/Truck team in the last several years is so freaking sad.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Who's idea was it to give Cassie Gannis the nickname 'Squirt'? :drat:

quote:

Competitive from the day she could walk, Cassie has had to work harder than others overcoming allergies to asthma to Dyslexia and the more serious - Scoliosis.
:suicide:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

The shrinking number of teams is the elephant in the room when it comes to discussing the state of the sport. You can have the most talented drivers in the world, but if there's no competitive rides available, it won't make a difference to the racing product.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/113308-baldwin-sells-nascar-entry

TBR going down to one car, sold the other entry to Premium to run as an RCR satellite team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

John Edward Burton Burton lost his Truck ride because of lack of sponsorship.

Fear not, though, because John Edward Burton Burton is going to Cup with BK Racing all of a sudden.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

LASTCAR posted:

The shrinking number of teams is the elephant in the room when it comes to discussing the state of the sport. You can have the most talented drivers in the world, but if there's no competitive rides available, it won't make a difference to the racing product.
You're absolutely right. It's been a consolidation of power and of grid spots.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fear not, though, because John Edward Burton Burton is going to Cup with BK Racing all of a sudden.

At this rate half the cup field will be BK racing cars.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Think bigger. NASBKAR is phonetically identical if you are southern enough.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I...uhh...might be going to the Daytona 500, apparently.

LASTCAR posted:

IndyCar.txt

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

Awesome.

Now BK Racing's the J-Team! (23-J.J. Yeley, 26-Jeb Burton, 83-Johnny Sauter)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I...uhh...might be going to the Daytona 500, apparently.
You've got the credentials to run the ARCA race, at least.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You know, the shrinking number of competitive teams does suck, but on the other hand, Roush is one of those teams that is becoming less relevant and that is at least some consolation. I give no shits if his team is a historically significant one, the whiny rear end in a top hat with the stupid hat who runs that team bitched far, far louder about other manufacturers than anyone else for so goddamn long that I blame him more than anyone for NASCAR going with common templates and later, the pseudo-spec CoT. gently caress Roush, I hope they burn in poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cubey posted:

You know, the shrinking number of competitive teams does suck, but on the other hand, Roush is one of those teams that is becoming less relevant and that is at least some consolation. I give no shits if his team is a historically significant one, the whiny rear end in a top hat with the stupid hat who runs that team bitched far, far louder about other manufacturers than anyone else for so goddamn long that I blame him more than anyone for NASCAR going with common templates and later, the pseudo-spec CoT. gently caress Roush, I hope they burn in poo poo.

Agreed op Roush is a crap team that sucks rear end and I hope it fails

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Once I make a few hundred million I too intend to spend as much of my life as possible haranguing people in cramped trailers over the minutiae of thousands out of the rulebook of an inch of an incompetently fixed racing league that is answerable to no one but a sweaty rumpled billionaire with a necktie allergy.

No matter how many near-death experiences I have I will not stray from this path.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Agreed op Roush is a crap team that sucks rear end and I hope it fails

Roushe's efforts in IMSA were pretty badass all things considered.

Those Mercury Cougars he ran were really cool.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Johnny Sauter isn't running the full deal in the 83. Matt DiBenedetto will be running it as well.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

BK Racing is the Junie Donlavey that we need, but not the Junie Donlavey we deserve.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

Partial season sponsorships.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

N: http://www.sprintcarinsider.com/news/old-old-enough/

V: loving bravo. This is the first article I've read that doesn't get hung up on the "BUT BUT BUT AGE!!!!!" aspect of things.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm gonna have a new thread up before the weekend. Apologies for my laziness :v:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Is there a reason Chocolate Meyers got famous?

I'm curious because I was reading that he apparently signed autographs for fans back in the day (1990's. Pre-Sirius/XM Talk Show), and that just seemed kind of strange to me.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

Is there a reason Chocolate Meyers got famous?

I'm curious because I was reading that he apparently signed autographs for fans back in the day (1990's. Pre-Sirius/XM Talk Show), and that just seemed kind of strange to me.

He was a recognizable guy from the Earnhardt crew? That's all I got. Heck, he was on trading cards in the 90's.

• Locked thread