Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

VagueRant posted:

This made me chuckle, but what happens next?!

They gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bunnyofdoom posted:

They gently caress.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

(Spoiler, she does gently caress the bear).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

bunnyofdoom posted:

(Spoiler, she does gently caress the bear).

Of course its a Canadian Bestseller

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

MotU posted:

we see it as a how to manuel

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

we see it as a how to manuel

I misread the last word in your post and parsed it as "Canada's version of Emanuelle."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

I misread the last word in your post and parsed it as "Canada's version of Emanuelle."

How do you know it isn't?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

How do you know it isn't?

As someone who grew up watching Bleu Nuit in Quebec during the 80s and 90s I can tell you quite confidently that Emanuelle is Canada's version of Emanuelle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bearmanuelle just sounds so much better.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MotU posted:

Not just that! But winner of the Governor General's award! (That's the Canadian President! Ish!) It's an important and historic piece of Canadian literature!

Canada rocks.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

MotU posted:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going back a few pages for Chamber talk.

KittenofDoom posted:

I'm not up-to-date on the X-Men. Who is lava-barfy dude and how does he speak?

He speaks telepathically, which led to a nice issue back in the day when he was at a store, wearing a scarf over his face to cover his mutation, and he asked this young woman a question. Even though he looked normal enough, she panicked and ran out the building, almost getting run over by a car. It turns out she's deaf, so when she heard him "speaking" to her, it caused her to freak the gently caress out. Then they started dating.

Anyway, funny panels. This is from the Badger #65. The Badger is a superhero from the 80's who is kind of like an amalgam of Deadpool and Animal Man, minus the fourth wall part. In this issue, the Badger crosses paths with Elvis, who turns out to be alive after all. Badger becomes his bodyguard as they go after the Colonel (who as it turns out is not Colonel Parker but Colonel Sanders). Then Bruce Lee, also surprisingly alive, joins their party. They go to the Colonel's mansion and are met with his enforcer, Jim Belushi's as Samurai Futaba.

And no, Lanier Lutefisk was never mentioned before this or ever again.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Thanks for reminding me of Badger and how insane that book ws sometimes.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Never heard of it, but it looks loving awesome. Is it mostly this good/funny?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gavok posted:

Going back a few pages for Chamber talk.

He speaks telepathically, which led to a nice issue back in the day when he was at a store, wearing a scarf over his face to cover his mutation, and he asked this young woman a question. Even though he looked normal enough, she panicked and ran out the building, almost getting run over by a car. It turns out she's deaf, so when she heard him "speaking" to her, it caused her to freak the gently caress out. Then they started dating.

Anyway, funny panels. This is from the Badger #65. The Badger is a superhero from the 80's who is kind of like an amalgam of Deadpool and Animal Man, minus the fourth wall part. In this issue, the Badger crosses paths with Elvis, who turns out to be alive after all. Badger becomes his bodyguard as they go after the Colonel (who as it turns out is not Colonel Parker but Colonel Sanders). Then Bruce Lee, also surprisingly alive, joins their party. They go to the Colonel's mansion and are met with his enforcer, Jim Belushi's as Samurai Futaba.

And no, Lanier Lutefisk was never mentioned before this or ever again.

loving Canadians, man.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

VagueRant posted:

This made me chuckle, but what happens next?!

The bear is possessed by a demon that can change hosts when the current host dies. Someone managed to trap it in a bear, so this is the bear re-gaining human form.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

feetnotes posted:

Never heard of it, but it looks loving awesome. Is it mostly this good/funny?

It's probably Mike Baron's third best series.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Badger is constantly on the edge of (and sometimes veering wildly into) reading like a piss-take of the mentally ill.

Some of it is pretty great though.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Patrick Spens posted:

The bear is possessed by a demon that can change hosts when the current host dies. Someone managed to trap it in a bear, so this is the bear re-gaining human form.

Wait, wait, wait, what? Is that literally Demon?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

Or kinda a wendigo, or kinda Azazel from Fallen, or any other number of fictional beings that posses people and change hosts upon death.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I was going to bring up Azazel because I really liked Fallen, but it can possess people by touch.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Captain Bravo posted:

Rachel Rising predates Demon by about 3 years, and I could swear I've read stories with that gimmick before.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh poo poo, you know what I just realized we haven't had in this thread yet?

:mad: Stop it!

Sources: bunches of comics (which have conviniently collected), and from the...unique mind of Fletcher Hands.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Somehow the weirdest thing about those comics is that his mouth is always closed, even when he speaks.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

Somehow the weirdest thing about those comics is that his mouth is always closed, even when he speaks.

That is the least weirdest thing about Hanks' comics by a pretty wide margin. The things are like nightmarish fever dreams.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That is the least weirdest thing about Hanks' comics by a pretty wide margin. The things are like nightmarish fever dreams.

Get ready for the golden octopus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Is he going to switch brains with Peter Parker?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I couldn't find the panels online. :(

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Warning. Huge spoilers for you Twin Peaks fans.

Angela: Asgard's Assasin #3

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

So Elvis Grew up to be Travis Touchdown?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Or Hank Hill

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm not sure why but few things creep me the gently caress out like Fletcher Hanks comics. Something about the way he draws faces and the proportions of his bodies being off in a way that just makes me uneasy. I still read them every time they're posted though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Thor doesn't like to be bored.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Mentalizer posted:

I'm not sure why but few things creep me the gently caress out like Fletcher Hanks comics. Something about the way he draws faces and the proportions of his bodies being off in a way that just makes me uneasy. I still read them every time they're posted though.

Likewise. Especially the Fantomah stuff, which was heavy on the monsters and demons.

His stuff is both very unsettling and completely baffling at the same time. Like the thing where he...turns the bad guy into just a head and throws him into space? It manages to be both ludicrous and disturbing as hell.

e: Holy poo poo it just hit me what Hanks' stuff reminds me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5pQfOMkhmQ

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 10, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh poo poo, you know what I just realized we haven't had in this thread yet?

:mad: Stop it!

Sources: bunches of comics (which have conviniently collected), and from the...unique mind of Fletcher Hands.

From the last thread when we mentioned Stardust.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Likewise. Especially the Fantomah stuff, which was heavy on the monsters and demons.

His stuff is both very unsettling and completely baffling at the same time. Like the thing where he...turns the bad guy into just a head and throws him into space? It manages to be both ludicrous and disturbing as hell.

e: Holy poo poo it just hit me what Hanks' stuff reminds me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5pQfOMkhmQ

Well, sure it's baffling if you put it that way. He didn't just throw the head into space, that'd be just dumb. He actually threw it to the Headless Space Giant, who put it where his own head should be, but then it got absorbed into Headless Space Giant's body.

So you see, it makes perfect sense in context.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Esplanade posted:

Well, sure it's baffling if you put it that way. He didn't just throw the head into space, that'd be just dumb. He actually threw it to the Headless Space Giant, who put it where his own head should be, but then it got absorbed into Headless Space Giant's body.

So you see, it makes perfect sense in context.
The best part is how Destructo (or is it De Structo?) just looks annoyed by all this. His scowl is more "okay, ha ha, very funny, now knock it off" than "OH SWEET JESUS gently caress WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!? :gonk:".

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

And his pathetic little "stop it" when Stardust starts turning him into a head.

I just realized that the one comic book movie I really want to see is a Stardust movie directed by David Lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

So Elvis Grew up to be Travis Touchdown?

No, weren't you reading at all? Travis Touchdown settled down and became an ambulance driver/Elvis impersonator.