Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
At least it seems that they joined Strucker when he was still masquerading as SHIELD, so it's not like two half-Jewish characters joined Hydra like some folks had been fearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
They aren't Magneto's kids anymore anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Starlord and Cap team up is weird.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Amy Pascal has officially "stepped down" at Sony. I wonder if the Spider-Man negotiations will be back on the table?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this? posted:

From here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlogRWEw98

That jump over Pratt's shoulders is impressive as gently caress. Chris Pratt is 6'2" for reference. Evans really is Captain America.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Man, they're really going in an odd direction for Infinity War.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dacap posted:

Amy Pascal has officially "stepped down" at Sony. I wonder if the Spider-Man negotiations will be back on the table?
Well there was a rumor that the negotiations restarted due to pressure from some of the higher ups at Sony after those leaks, so probably. Sony's in a lot of financial trouble, and this leak make things significantly worse.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well there was a rumor that the negotiations restarted due to pressure from some of the higher ups at Sony after those leaks, so probably. Sony's in a lot of financial trouble, and this leak make things significantly worse.

Do Dark Reign, Do Dark Reign, Do Dark Reign

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

XboxPants posted:

Do Dark Reign, Do Dark Reign, Do Dark Reign

If they can get Willem Defoe back, absolutely.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

From here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlogRWEw98

That jump over Pratt's shoulders is impressive as gently caress. Chris Pratt is 6'2" for reference. Evans really is Captain America.

I was floored when i realizes how much stuff he does without CGI. That part in avengers running over the cars? That's Evans. No wire work, no CGI. Dudes just basically Cap.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was floored when i realizes how much stuff he does without CGI. That part in avengers running over the cars? That's Evans. No wire work, no CGI. Dudes just basically Cap.

He's not retiring from acting to become a director, that's clearly a cover story. He's actually going to become Cap for real.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Marvel might be after Angelina Jolie to direct Captain Marvel. I haven't seen Unbroken so I'm not sure how she is a director, but I would say that she'd make a great Moonstone.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/08/will-angelina-jolie-direct-captain-marvel/

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Dacap posted:

Marvel might be after Angelina Jolie to direct Captain Marvel. I haven't seen Unbroken so I'm not sure how she is a director, but I would say that she'd make a great Moonstone.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/08/will-angelina-jolie-direct-captain-marvel/
Unbroken is quite bad, I am told.

But let's not kid ourselves that Marvel go for A-grade directors for their movies anyway, so it's probably an upgrade regardless.

EDIT: $20M?! JFC. At least it'll show they prioritize the movie highly, if it turns out to be true.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dacap posted:

It was very bland, and most reviews criticized how her directing was very flat. However, that's kind of expected for a new director.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was very bland, and most reviews criticized how her directing was very flat. However, that's kind of expected for a new director.

Honestly, she'd be the perfect Marvel director, cause Captain Marvel will just end up looking like every other Marvel movie anyway, and they'll get to use her name to hype up the press about it being the first Marvel woman movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Buddington posted:

Honestly, she'd be the perfect Marvel director, cause Captain Marvel will just end up looking like every other Marvel movie anyway, and they'll get to use her name to hype up the press about it being the first Marvel woman movie.

I think you're confusing similarity of script structure and obvious use of the same FX team with similarly directed films.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

I think you're confusing similarity of script structure and obvious use of the same FX team with similarly directed films.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that Kenneth Brannagh and James Gunn are basically the same director

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
Ok, lest it be confused, I do like the Marvel movies and I know they haven't been identical, but they have shown they like to work with directors that will do what they want, which was my only point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If i was doing the Captain Marvel film I would have already introduced Carol in an earlier film, and have her visiting Karla Sofen for counseling following what happened and now she has powers and stuff. She is aware of the Moonstone's already due to maybe an AoS episode, and has become envious of Carol's powers, and wants to have what she has. I've always liked how Moonstone has this weird urge to be a hero, even though she is a truly horribly person.

I'm not 100% sure of Jolie as a director, but there's probably 2 years before anything concrete comes out so who knows.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Is it still too close to the 90s to have an Adam X the X-treme period piece movie?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Buddington posted:

end up looking like every other Marvel movie anyway,

Edgar Wrights Ant-Man would've been different :smith:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is it still too close to the 90s to have an Adam X the X-treme period piece movie?

If we follow the First Class timeline to its logical continuation, after Apocalypse [which i understand will take place in the 80s] we should get a super 90s X-treme X-men film. I wanna see pouches and strings of saliva all over the place.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

If we follow the First Class timeline to its logical continuation, after Apocalypse [which i understand will take place in the 80s] we should get a super 90s X-treme X-men film. I wanna see pouches and strings of saliva all over the place.

I smell a Generation X remake!

:c00l:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Spyke in the movie Xmen, you know you want it Fox.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Didn't that character have a cameo in X-3?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn't that character have a cameo in X-3?

Same powers (basically), different spelling, different dude completely.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Since they did a sexy version of Angel Salvadore, I want a sexy version of Beak

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Since they did a sexy version of Angel Salvadore, I want a sexy version of Beak

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That comic sucked so hard I once tried to start a comic review blog just to poo poo on it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of X-men, Wolverine and Patrick Stewart's Xavier might team up in the next Wolverine movie. Stewart also said that Ian McKellen is actually in X-Men Apocalypse.

http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/2015/02/patrick_stewart_raves_about_po.html

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dream Wolverine movie - He finds X-23 and its a daddy daughter bonding film about cutting people up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

twistedmentat posted:

Dream Wolverine movie - He finds X-23 and its a daddy daughter bonding film about cutting people up.

You could actually rework a lethal weapon script for this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kingtheninja posted:

You could actually rework a lethal weapon script for this.

Nimrod on the toilet.

X-23 played by Maisie Williams.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

twistedmentat posted:

And then do a similar thing with Jubilee. And then Daken. And then Armor. And then Quentin Quire.

Basically just turn the entire franchise into movies about Wolverine having to be a surrogate/actual dad to mutant kids.

Keep doing one every year until Hugh Jackman dies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just make The Last of Us, except with Jackman and Ellen Page. And Wolverine's the one with the cure to the zombie plague, not Kitty. (I did just find out (TLoU DLC spoiler)that Ellie in that game is gay. Not helping the 'she's totally not Ellen Page anymore' defence, Naughty Dog.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
:siren:SPIDER-MAN IN THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE IS CONFIRMED:siren:

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Yow. Wonder if the next film is too far out for an Avengers 2 credits cameo.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Crusader posted:

Yow. Wonder if the next film is too far out for an Avengers 2 credits cameo.

He won't even make it into Civil War. He'll probably be in Infinity War at the earliest.

Also, wahoo!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

YESSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yay! I feel a slight glimmer of joy that is only mostly dimmed by all the suit-talk in that announcement.

• Locked thread