Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mo0 posted:

I suddenly remembered one of my favorite parts of Breaking Bad was listening to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast after each episode. Unless they're holding off until after both episodes air, it looks like they're not doing that this time around. :(

I can understand if they're holding off until after tonight, but if they're not doing it at all this time, yeah, I'm going to miss them.

Woo! Nevermind!
VVV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
podcast news:

https://twitter.com/kelleydixon/status/564604523067359232

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is the best news :dance:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Did anyone else notice that Jimmy looks an awful lot like Saul Goodman? He was a character on breaking bad, which was another show on AMC.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

This is the best news, I love you

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Repeating and agreeing here because I can't say it in enough places, Gilligan and co. can loving mise-en-scene, holy poo poo. Gorgeous.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Steve2911 posted:

Very good pilot. Was it confirmed at any point what Chuck's relationship to Saul was? I assumed brother at first but he seemed too old, or father but he called him Chuck rather than dad. And I assume I'm just incredibly dense but I couldn't work out what was wrong with him. Was it an extreme form of OCD?

As it turns out, there's literally no reason to speculate about their relationship because it was spelled out completely in that scene together and

Maggie Fletcher posted:

He said once in BB that he changed it to get in good with the Jewish community. No idea if that's supposed to be true or not.

He's an anti-dentite.

He actually said he did it because people want a Jewish lawyer. He specifically said exactly that.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 9, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I can't wait to see all the ways people read into this show like they did with breaking bad. Vince Gilligan makes his points like a hammer, yet people will still misread it.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

He said once in BB that he changed it to get in good with the Jewish community. No idea if that's supposed to be true or not.

He said he changed it to get in with the homeboys, not hasidic homeboys, otherwise he would have gone with something like Jamal Ginsberg.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

I'm so happy. I feel like Breaking Bad never left now. I wonder if the success of this show will get other shows to end with major story lines and then rebrand with a new title with same creative teams.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Timby posted:

Still smaller than The Closer's series premiere on TNT with 7.03 million viewers.

What do you loving work on The Closer or something?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Closer is such a stupid show, like from the premise and onward.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I really liked the first episode. Personally, I don't have a strong belief on exactly how much from BB should carry over besides thinking the Whites and Jesse should barely be in it if they're in it at all. The frequency of side characters from BB appearing in Better Call Saul isn't something I feel should be done an X amount of times, as long as they fit in to the story I think it makes perfect sense to expand on those characters somewhat. But at the same time, they shouldn't feel it's necessary to include those characters if they feel they're doing so for pure fanservice. I was excited to see Tuco, and I'd be excited to see almost any character again. Since Mike is apparently one of the main characters, I think seeing how he and Gus started working together with Jimmy being ignorant to it would be pretty cool, potentially. Also, technically Saul just didn't know who the kingpin of ABQ was, he may have met Gus in his civilian context when he went to Los Pollos Hermanos for lunch one day or something. Also, I caught up on BB after the brunt of the show was done, so I never listened to BB Insider, but I'll have to listen to BCS Insider if y'all say BB Insider was so great.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pierce and Pierce posted:

What do you loving work on The Closer or something?

I was just saying that that was (and still is) the most-watched premiere in cable history, ten years ago. Now I understand that AMC was just talking about the demographic.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Badass Mike being a parking attendant was tough to see. I'm guessing that was his first fallback job after leaving the force.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 10, 2015

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

fakeaccount posted:

Is that the same cafe in the background right now where Heisenberg delivered the ricin to that stupid bitch's tea?

real edit: I just remembered her name was lydia. Regardless, I'm going to contine referring to her as "that stupid bitch," because she was a stupid bitch.

god lydia was so hot though

neurotic shouldn't = hot but it does and that worries me

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

god lydia was so hot though

neurotic shouldn't = hot but it does and that worries me

If you haven't already, hunt down a clip of the actress speaking in her normal voice, she's got a super thick Scottish accent. At first you're like :stare: but then you're like :stwoon::fh:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Takes No Damage posted:

If you haven't already, hunt down a clip of the actress speaking in her normal voice, she's got a super thick Scottish accent. At first you're like :stare: but then you're like :stwoon::fh:

Like in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvi0nQFbb0

Hmmm...

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
:allears:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
This opening sequence is just so wonderful. I think it's the song that makes it just perfect.

Alright, time to try and pick out Wendy and Mr. Pinkman from the crowd in background scenes or whatever.

Edit: Huh, it's 8-9, wasn't it 9-10:15 yesterday? Just fewer commercials maybe?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
drat it, time to excuse myself until I can get it streamed afterward. I never saw anything about the time being moved back.

Edit: oh wait nevermind, this is a repeat of episode 1. Ep 2 is after.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 10, 2015

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

I can't not see her as completely neurotic Lydia, so the whole time I watched that all I can think is "She looks so sloppy".

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I should have waited to watch episode 1 until the second one was out :negative:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Pomp posted:

I should have waited to watch episode 1 until the second one was out :negative:

Huh? Second episode is on in like 20 minutes.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Time zones are incredibly hard.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
More shows should do two night premiers.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I forgot this song was a thing, this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsC_LO3oFY

Brightman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 10, 2015

liquorsicc
Oct 5, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

I can't believe they put this awesomeness on the same night as The Walking Dead. Aren't they afraid people will notice the astronomical quality difference?

Better Call Saul is a Monday night show from now on.

I love how the opening ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcJ3fqWT3a0&hd=1

liquorsicc fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 10, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And we open with symbolic tomato slicing

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Every episode will open with food preparation.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are so dead.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ahahah they are up poo poo's creek

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Every episode will open with food preparation.

I don't have a problem with this

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Man they are so dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I am curious what the ratings difference is gonna be without the Walking Dead lead in. WD ep was bad, but it gets monster ratings.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

You called her biznatch?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
You... Called her... Biz-natch?

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

oh these people are idiots

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LWYRUP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Tuco's already making a meal and beating the poo poo out of some dudes. It's like old times all over again.

• Locked thread