Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Good news! When you beat the game and make a new character your costumes, items, money, and moves carry over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

tsob posted:

As someone who hasn't seen new episodes of either of those in years, have they actually referenced Dragonball at some point out of interest?

I'm in the same boat, so I couldn't tell you. They were just the first two shows to pop into my head.

Point is, people who only know about Dragon Ball from jokes about it remember more about it than Toriyama.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Rudoku posted:

I dare you to beat this original character*:

Nowhere near as cool as my OC: Double Goku.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Nonbaka posted:

Nowhere near as cool as my OC: Double Goku.

I think you mean "Keep your eye on the Saiyan"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Archenteron posted:

I think you mean "Keep your eye on the Saiyan"

Holy poo poo.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Here's the plan, make a tiny girl with all of Yamcha's moves. Learn to be good. Clown people and make them rage that their super saiyan OC can't beat a little girl who death poses every other second.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Wasn't there an interview where they were together, and Oda was freaking out and fanboying about little things he loved from the series, and Toriyama is clearly just nodding along politely because holy poo poo he does not remember a single thing this guy is talking about?

If someone hasn't read it, here it is, it's from One Piece's first artbook:
http://www.thegrandline.com/odainterview.html

Spoiler: Oda is a perv and has a thing for armpits.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Here's the plan, make a tiny girl with all of Yamcha's moves. Learn to be good. Clown people and make them rage that their super saiyan OC can't beat a little girl who death poses every other second.

To add insult to injury, name her "SasukeLover<3<3<3".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How many body-types are there per race/gender anyway? All the videos I saw just used Goku or Recoome body-types for humanoid dudes and just one body-type for everything else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Petiso posted:

If someone hasn't read it, here it is, it's from One Piece's first artbook:
http://www.thegrandline.com/odainterview.html

Spoiler: Oda is a perv and has a thing for armpits.

To add insult to injury, name her "SasukeLover<3<3<3".

It' truly amazing to have forgotten basically everything you did when you spend years and years of your life working on it. The best bit is when he was reminded what he picked as his favourite image "Oh yeah I did do that... why did I pick that image?"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Onmi posted:

It' truly amazing to have forgotten basically everything you did when you spend years and years of your life working on it. The best bit is when he was reminded what he picked as his favourite image "Oh yeah I did do that... why did I pick that image?"

Didn't he completely forget about Vegito?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kild posted:

Didn't he completely forget about Vegito?

I wouldn't be shocked, he forgot the difference between Super Saiyan 2 and 3.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

tsob posted:

Oddly enough I was wondering earlier today if Martian Manhunter would be a more fun/better match up

Martian Manhunter is as fast and strong as Post Crisis Superman and has all of his powers, has telepathy as good as Professor X, can shapeshift, can become intangible or partially so, invisible, can heal ridiculously well, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. He's basically the Buu of DC since he can do everything everyone else can (although still isn't as broken as The Flash).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Darko posted:

Martian Manhunter is as fast and strong as Post Crisis Superman and has all of his powers, has telepathy as good as Professor X, can shapeshift, can become intangible or partially so, invisible, can heal ridiculously well, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. He's basically the Buu of DC since he can do everything everyone else can (although still isn't as broken as The Flash).

And he can be taken down by any jackass with a book of matches.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Leaf posted:

So you're saying match him with Pikkon and his flame tornado instead of Goku?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

He got over that (pre new 52), and it got changed to "the flames have to be of psychological significance," whatever the hell that means.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Darko posted:

He got over that (pre new 52), and it got changed to "the flames have to be of psychological significance," whatever the hell that means.

Here in ADTRW DBZ Thread Death Battle, we look at all iterations of the character!

Caros
May 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Here in ADTRW DBZ Thread Death Battle, we look at all iterations of the character!

This should be a thing. :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Caros posted:

This should be a thing. :colbert:

Seems like it already is.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can Super Saiyan Goku beat Super Sonic!!!??? ANSWER ME ADTRW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Broly (whose power is maximum) facing the Hulk in an official armwrestling contest.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Can Super Saiyan Goku beat Super Sonic!!!??? ANSWER ME ADTRW

I think Vegeta beat him in a Death Battle? I might be wrong..

Edit: Hulk would get his arm ripped off.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Here's a companion video for create-a-goku Ultimate attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRk6U0AHFVs
A compilation of all Super attacks CaC can learn.

Shoryuken spotted.
A few Android grab + draining moves, if you wanted to make your Human an Android. (I think their innate ability is to regenerate ki)
Mini Spirit Bomb like the one used on Vegeta in Saiyan Saga.
A few counter attacks.
Ginyu poses.
Kaioken.
Quite a few shields.
Ginyu's "punch himself in the chest" move (Body Change is an Ultimate that was left off in the last video)
Piccolo's "throw himself between Nappa & Gohan and take the attack" from Saiyan Saga, I guess to save a friend in multiplayer.
Teleport + karate chop on a dude's neck.

Quite a few cool looking melee supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g52kEJs5SAw
All CaC "Escape" moves. They are technically Ultimates, but everyone gets on for free; they don't count towards your 2 Ultimate slots. It's kind of like a combo breaker. There is seriously a finger flick that sends the other dude flying. Another interesting one involves your dude retreating back while throwing off some renzoku shots.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 10, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

With all those drain moves, AND one of the escape moves being the android barrier, I'm totally making one of my human characters an android.

Although, my main character is gonna be a Namekian with all the teleportation moves I can give him.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 10, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

New Leaf posted:

I think Vegeta beat him in a Death Battle? I might be wrong..

Edit: Hulk would get his arm ripped off.

That was Super Shadow.

Ran out of rings lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna load my character up with nothing but poo poo like ginyu poses, the piccolo sacrifice, and the yamcha deathpose

and then body change

:getin:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

With all those drain moves, AND one of the escape moves being the android barrier, I'm totally making one of my human characters an android.

You can even give him blue skin or whatever as a human. I'm going to make one of my dudes an android, too. It's just too perfect.

The mini spirit bomb also just looks so awesome.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Endorph posted:

im gonna load my character up with nothing but poo poo like ginyu poses, the piccolo sacrifice, and the yamcha deathpose

and then body change

:getin:

Can you body change? Like, considering the MMO aspects, isn't keeping that in the game bad?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Covok posted:

Can you body change? Like, considering the MMO aspects, isn't keeping that in the game bad?

I'd assume after the mission is over, you go back to your own character. But, yeah, you can Body Change.

I don't know if you can like load up a super-hard mission then Body Change with an NPC and give them a useless character. I just don't know.

Oh, and that Bluff Kamehameha that shoots confetti and streamers - it reduces their ki by 3 bars.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

The guy above said it was an ultimate move. And, I mean, the fights are all instanced and self-contained. It'd be super simple to just give everyone back their default characters once the fight is over.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Anyone else going to just load someone up with as many Ginyu moves as possible? Gonna see how much of the Force can be represented by Cold Stone Steve Austin at once.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's pretty awesome that some of the poses are Escape moves. It'd probably piss people off when you no-sell their Big Bang Kamehameha.

Also, Kaioken is supposed to be pretty great, in some ways better than SSJ and only takes up a Super slot. It's not a full transformation, but it's something if you want it.

Another thing, you get a total of like 237 points in CaC, and the cap of each stat is 100. You start with 3 ki bars, and can get more as you boost the Ki stat with diminishing returns. You can't get a cheesed out max everything dude.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 10, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Firstborn posted:

Another thing, you get a total of like 237 points in CaC, and the cap of each stat is 100. You start with 3 ki bars, and can get more as you boost the Ki stat with diminishing returns. You can't get a cheesed out max everything dude.

How many stats are there? Are there the same six from Battle of Z?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Firstborn posted:

It's pretty awesome that some of the poses are Escape moves. It'd probably piss people off when you no-sell their Big Bang Kamehameha.

Also, Kaioken is supposed to be pretty great, in some ways better than SSJ and only takes up a Super slot. It's not a full transformation, but it's something if you want it.

I'm still dumping all my points ASAP into Ki for my Namekian, because he's getting teleports and ranged attacks completely, because the only thing more entertaining than no-selling a Big Bang Kamehameha is appearing behind them just as they fire it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

projecthalaxy posted:

How many stats are there? Are there the same six from Battle of Z?

Max Health
Max Ki
Stamina
Basic Attacks
Strike Supers
Ki Blast Supers

At 5 Ki you get an extra bar, then at 25 you get your second full bar of Ki... I think you can max out at 8 bars at 100. You can wish for your stats to be reset, but I'm unsure if they reset to the base for your race, or at 1 so you can completely redistribute.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 10, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Firstborn posted:

Max Health
Max Ki
Stamina
Basic Attacks
Strike Supers
Ki Blast Supers

At 25, you get your second full bar of Ki... I think you can max out at 8 bars at 100.

Thanks.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Really loving the sheer variety of the melee supers. I'd worried a bit that there'd be a bigger focus on the energy attacks but it seems to actually be the opposite case. That they actually look pretty good in motion is another big plus.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

As someone who hasn't played a DBZ game, how do the moves work? I keep seeing a menu pop up in streams, do you just hit the button for whatever move you have energy for?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

New Leaf posted:

As someone who hasn't played a DBZ game, how do the moves work? I keep seeing a menu pop up in streams, do you just hit the button for whatever move you have energy for?

You hold R2, and then press a face button. There's a legend in the corner that shows you what move is mapped to what button, so you don't need to memorize it. If you hold L2 + R2, that key map and those buttons change to your Ultimates.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I know there's no Frieza forms 2 or 3, but are there options for Frieza's race that at least make you look like them? I mean, apparently there are for 5th form, and its not like 2nd level Frieza's race would require much more work than a King Piccolo sized Namekian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, you can look like different forms if you want. Someone on GameFAQs said they saved a bunch of costumes of his Freeza dude in different forms, and just switches between them when he wants a change.

• Locked thread