Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Still a bit poo poo, but I'll take the point that he at least has a shitload of experience that for whatever faults at senior level may be useful for the youth.

Let me be grumpy on a monday evening and bemoan a fellow persons new employment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Still a bit poo poo, but I'll take the point that he at least has a shitload of experience that for whatever faults at senior level may be useful for the youth.

It's OK, good Mondays are a rare beast.

Edit: SST tonight said that Newcastle is looking at signing Matt Simon and that Matt Simon is considering it because he is unhappy with the direction the club is going in the community. This is like Jesus defecting to Satans camp.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 9, 2015

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Tongues posted:

This should make you feel better about the appointment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apDbJy3Poqk&t=172s

5 years to the day on Saturday :krad:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

quote:

I miss the old cove!! and massive crouds.

We shall not see its like for some time to come. Splitters.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

MiniSune posted:

We shall not see its like for some time to come. Splitters.

We've been averaging our best ever crowds for past 2 seasons :confused: :confused:

would help if they stopped banning capos for bullshit reasons thought

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Adnar posted:

This should make you feel better about the appointment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apDbJy3Poqk&t=172s

5 years to the day on Saturday :krad:

You bastard

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Adnar posted:

We've been averaging our best ever crowds for past 2 seasons :confused: :confused:

would help if they stopped banning capos for bullshit reasons thought

Yeah the Capo thing makes one wonder.

And for average crowds, yeah sure they are your best seasons, mind you not much growth since the Red and black menace turned up. But I didn't say crowds, I said Cove.

The Cove aint as big as it used to be, it no longer spills out the sides and packs the northern end like it once did. You notice it as travelling fan to Allianz, you see it on TV, and you definitely see the drop in numbers when the Cove come up here to Sea Bogan Central (where we look forward to your patronage when you retire up here).

Splits happen (gently caress the Mariners support have splitted themselves to almost non-existence), and it's sad a lot of people bailed on the original leaders the Cove.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
It'll come back, as long as the clubs themselves don't actively work against it (I'm not sure who was responsible for the capo ban - I've heard them saying they were pushed onto the field anyway?). Support forms organically and will continue to do so - all it takes is a group of suitably enthusiastic [drunk] people with enough guts to start chanting and waving scarves,poo poo spreads.

On that note, I've found some documentary evidence of the Cove during Perth's first goal on the weekend

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
The police were loving with the North Terrace on the weekend for some reason actually. Trying to force us into the bays on our cards even though movement has been free all season. Not really sure what changed between our last home game on Dec 27 and last weekend.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shmoses posted:

The police were loving with the North Terrace on the weekend for some reason actually. Trying to force us into the bays on our cards even though movement has been free all season. Not really sure what changed between our last home game on Dec 27 and last weekend.

All people south of the tweed are animals and should be treated as such.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Byolante posted:

All people south of the tweed are animals and should be treated as such.

I don't really get what this gimmick is about but I wish it would stop

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shmoses posted:

I don't really get what this gimmick is about but I wish it would stop

The gimmick is that it only seems to be acceptable to joke about Qld being backwards and nobody else?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Byolante posted:

The gimmick is that it only seems to be acceptable to joke about Qld being backwards and nobody else?
Oh so you're legit bitter and it's not a gimmick?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shmoses posted:

I'm only even half Australian, you are all dirty colonials to me :shobon:

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

MiniSune posted:

Yeah the Capo thing makes one wonder.

And for average crowds, yeah sure they are your best seasons, mind you not much growth since the Red and black menace turned up. But I didn't say crowds, I said Cove.

The Cove aint as big as it used to be, it no longer spills out the sides and packs the northern end like it once did. You notice it as travelling fan to Allianz, you see it on TV, and you definitely see the drop in numbers when the Cove come up here to Sea Bogan Central (where we look forward to your patronage when you retire up here).

Splits happen (gently caress the Mariners support have splitted themselves to almost non-existence), and it's sad a lot of people bailed on the original leaders the Cove.

Who say's we've bailed on them? Life changes and they just can't do everything every single game. Even tho he lives in another country Adnar will always be the leader the cove.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

I'm legit bitter, today I scowled at a child ans refused to walk my dog

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

dj_pain posted:

Who say's we've bailed on them? Life changes and they just can't do everything every single game. Even tho he lives in another country Adnar will always be the leader the cove.

I didn't say you or Adnar bailed on them specifically but I can see where the confusion is. The leaders I reference is not as in the actual human leaders, but as the leaders of active support. My bailed comment was referencing the splitters who left the Cove to the RBB.

And agreed, life does change and yup you can't support your team always in the flesh - change is always a constant and there is more to life than supporting a football team (like making cash). I don't think there would be many of us Season 1 supporters left.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

I didn't say you or Adnar bailed on them specifically but I can see where the confusion is. The leaders I reference is not as in the actual human leaders, but as the leaders of active support. My bailed comment was referencing the splitters who left the Cove to the RBB.

And agreed, life does change and yup you can't support your team always in the flesh - change is always a constant and there is more to life than supporting a football team (like making cash). I don't think there would be many of us Season 1 supporters left.

I made the worst decision of my life last friday when I working on a really big short order contract instead of going to watch the roar. First home win of the season and I wasn't even half watching on my off monitor :smithicide:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

dj_pain posted:

:love:

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A league

I like it

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Two bottom part of the table sides do battle tonight in Mariners vs Roar. Tipping a narrow Roar win due to hoodoo factors.

Game hopefully will buck the trend and be entertaining.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Carn Brisbane

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm finally goddamn home on a goddamn friday night. Gotta spend it yelling at sbs because I am an adult and it's pissing down a monsoon in Geelong at the moment so going outside can get hosed. Hoping for a central coast win, I know nothing about the relative strengths of either side though so may it rain goals for the goals God

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I'm finally goddamn home on a goddamn friday night. Gotta spend it yelling at sbs because I am an adult and it's pissing down a monsoon in Geelong at the moment so going outside can get hosed. Hoping for a central coast win, I know nothing about the relative strengths of either side though so may it rain goals for the goals God

Brisbane are poo poo and I hate them and they are playing their ACL games at the loving gold coast

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm more inclined to be lovely with Brisbane city council and the foo fighters, but gently caress surely theres some kind of regional ovals actually in Brisbane - Geelong barely has trains and we've got loving ovals that can hold a couple thousand, and I'm sure there's at least some rugby team/butt sniffers league side that would let you use it for a slab or Bundy.

That said gently caress Brisbane and all teams with Matt McKay, I will not be swayed on this

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mariners would have a couple of goals already if they decided to shoot rather than dive every time they get into the box.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I'm more inclined to be lovely with Brisbane city council and the foo fighters, but gently caress surely theres some kind of regional ovals actually in Brisbane - Geelong barely has trains and we've got loving ovals that can hold a couple thousand, and I'm sure there's at least some rugby team/butt sniffers league side that would let you use it for a slab or Bundy.

That said gently caress Brisbane and all teams with Matt McKay, I will not be swayed on this

I have no idea why they didn't go and use ballymore

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
This has been a fairly bad half with two bad teams

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
get hosed get hosed get absolutely hosed

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol at the teris music in the mariners game

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Alex_R posted:

lol at the teris music in the mariners game

lol this

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I feel like this game is a cruel joke on everyone who just wants to watch a fun game

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I feel like this game is a cruel joke on everyone who just wants to watch a fun game

Fox sports killing SBS off

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I love broich, I love diving

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Burn Brisbane, burn central coast, salt earth.

Build a moat around the north east

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Nil all would have been a fair result.

Mind you the refs and lineys had no idea tonight, they were almost making every call up.

First was a pen, second was softer than choc mouse.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I completely forgot the game was on tonight and I stand by that decision

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...213-13e5fm.html

:getin:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Adnar why

Why you do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

I like the part were seb hassett had to write this.

Also I didnt even know this

smh posted:

Corica himself has graduated from the Sydney's youth coach to being Graham Arnold's full-time assistant after Rado Vidosic left the club.

• Locked thread