Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Linedance posted:

A lot of people bitch about this, but don't forget, Mercedes also got Chrysler build quality for the duration of the '00s, so it's kind of a wash.

Now that Fiat owns Chrysler, who got the short end of the stick build-quality-wise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Now that Fiat owns Chrysler, who got the short end of the stick build-quality-wise?
The consumers.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BraveUlysses posted:

And ugly as gently caress.
Was it Clarkson that described them as looking like a dog hunching over to take a poo poo?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

InitialDave posted:

The consumers.

I really, really can't wait to see the benefits of Italian engineering combined with American quality.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

I really, really can't wait to see the benefits of Italian engineering combined with American quality.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladio_in_Italy ??

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

I guess it's a good thing they never bothered removing the broken remnants of the old cotter pin! :downsbravo:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
they are really taking serrated face nuts to a whole new level these days

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Judging by the road salt spray over it, that fucker isn't going anywhere of its own accord anyway, but still...

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

This is a pro post
e: kinda the other way around, American engineering and Italian build quality, so of course the thing caught fire and burned down in the end

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Looks the Kuwaiti oil fields on fire from the first gulf war. This ugly thing doesn't burn gas that quickly does it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cacafuego posted:

Looks the Kuwaiti oil fields on fire from the first gulf war. This ugly thing doesn't burn gas that quickly does it?

It's a Chrysler. That's burning oil.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Look at this fuckhead.

That person paid nearly $3500 for those plates.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Puddin posted:

Look at this fuckhead.

That person paid nearly $3500 for those plates.

That's a pretty nice van

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
QLD.jpg

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Screw you, that Crossfire looks great. Sure it would look bad in a single color, but that deco breaks it up enough visually that it just works.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

An Angry Bug posted:

Screw you, that Crossfire looks great. Sure it would look bad in a single color, but that deco breaks it up enough visually that it just works.

Man... no.

I can almost always see the other side of the coin, but on this I can't imagine anyone finding it attractive.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
It's cheesy as hell. Goofy and overdone to the point of being adorable.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

An Angry Bug posted:

It's cheesy as hell. Goofy and overdone to the point of being adorable.

I've now seen my wife's point of view when I say I want a bulldog.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Slavvy posted:

You don't have to wait, the Dodge Dart is available now and it's awful.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I heard the most amazing ad on the radio on my way to work this morning.

Translated as best I can (I live in Poland), a very husky male voice goes "It is not true that money rules the world. But those who rule money, rule wisely. That's why I chose the new BMW 3 series."

Way to not play up the stereotypes about owners, guys. I think they saw the Cadillac ad from a while ago and were impressed.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
I'm not sure what thread this belongs in

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Props for using actual headlight housings etc from an actual car.

Boo for it being a Vauxhall.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

It's probably the best thing that can happen to a corsa.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Seems like a lot of work just to say you had sex in the back of a Corsa.

who am I kidding nobody involved in that creation is getting laid

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I bet if I bought a tired old Lotus Europa or something and made a bed like that my wife would be ok with it. Plus I wouldn't have to look at the back end of the Europa, so win-win.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
Well good news, its for sale!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/vauxhall-corsa-c-bed/1100204997

volkswagen corsa apparently

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

warcake posted:

Well good news, its for sale!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/vauxhall-corsa-c-bed/1100204997

volkswagen corsa apparently

Wait... the headlights work? What, is there a battery under the pillow or something?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It's powered by sexual frustration.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How terrifying is the thought of the last car you ride in being a 95 towncar butchered to somewhat slightly resemble a modern rolls.

There are apparently toys of the pink floyd thing, but i can't see to figure out why

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 12, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
The "faux rolls" is definitely terrible. the pig... :iia:

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Looks like the actual GTR from Elysium, besides the wheels. Not sure if that makes it any better?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
What truck is that? Looks pretty ugly but then again most do. E: never mind, I worked out it's a hummer 3.
Or is the problem the canopy? Canopies are pretty common here and it doesn't even snow.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fo3 posted:

What truck is that? Looks pretty ugly but then again most do. E: never mind, I worked out it's a hummer 3.
Or is the problem the canopy? Canopies are pretty common here and it doesn't even snow.

It's an H3T with a shell that is made to somewhat resemble those that are seen on the military H1

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Ah, OK. I thought the canopy was pretty poo poo, no side window access or roof racks for ladders and stuff like ours down here.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The 'GTR' badge is great on this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Edmund Honda posted:

Looks like the actual GTR from Elysium, besides the wheels. Not sure if that makes it any better?

I initially thought it was some kind of replica of one of the Death Race remake cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
:cripes:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...t-even-his.html