Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And that music is so goddamn... like you're watching a Ghibli movie? No, more like an old-school Disney thingy! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

i cried at the end of just about every karuta match that mattered

Every Karuta match matters.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite thing in Chihayafuru now is the sound shinobu makes when she takes a card, because shes too fast.

It's like a sword getting unsheathed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The timing and sound design for the karuta matches is really great, and elevates them a lot. Everytime somebody takes a card before the syllable is even out is incredible.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
An anime adaption where everyone involved clearly understands everything about the manga is a really great thing.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I love Jojo too

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So thanks to this thread I've started Chihayafuru. Up to episode 5, and I'm really liking it so far!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
god's work is being done

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

The timing and sound design for the karuta matches is really great, and elevates them a lot. Everytime somebody takes a card before the syllable is even out is incredible.

the only thing that bothers me is arata's go go gadget arm, i cant get over it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

So thanks to this thread I've started Chihayafuru. Up to episode 5, and I'm really liking it so far!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm making a forum wide declaration that everyone must watch Chihayafuru or they will be exiled.

*Goes back to watching Yugioh*

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Chihayafuru reminds me visually of the anime about the tall girl and the short boy that everyone loves and i got like 8 eps into that and could not figure it out.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I got about halfway through Lovely Complex before life or other anime or whatever interfered. I was enjoying it and have always meant to get back to it, but it just hasn't happened.

It has good faces and good Kansai-ben.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah that's it. Everyone was like "the faaacesss" and I was like... " hoookay"

I got pretty well along in the manga tho

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Chihaya seems cool, likable, and really endearing and---

:stare: (Nah, she's great. Taichi's a huge jerk, though!)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm making a forum wide declaration that everyone must watch Chihayafuru or they will be exiled.

I'll watch it over spring break, it seems good

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

DamnGlitch posted:

Chihayafuru reminds me visually of the anime about the tall girl and the short boy that everyone loves and i got like 8 eps into that and could not figure it out.

Lovely Complex is great.

If I remember correctly, the show cut out a lot of unnecessary drama that was present in the manga. The author's new series is also p good as well!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

taichi's dealing with some poo poo okay

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

PunkBoy posted:

Don't worry, Taichi becomes less of a jerk later on. Dare I say, he actually becomes the best character?!

(it's Retro)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

aw man now would have been an even better time to have posted that gif

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Taichi is awesome, though he takes a while to get there. If you watched Gatchaman CROWDS, he and Berg-Katze share a voice actor. It was really hard to unhear once I was aware of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chihayafuru character tier list:

S Tier:
Shinobu, Chihaya, Retro, Kana

A Tier:
Everyone else

F Tier:
Sudo, gently caress that guy

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DamnGlitch posted:

Lovely Complex is a great lazy day kids cartoon for when you just want dumb teenager things but you kind of have to be into that to appreciate it.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Taichi is awesome, though he takes a while to get there. If you watched Gatchaman CROWDS, he and Berg-Katze share a voice actor. It was really hard to unhear once I was aware of it.

That is Mamoru Miyano who is my husband.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
All this talk about Chihayafuru is making me wish that there was a third season already. :( Some day it'll come....

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
this season was basically the first point where there was enough manga for it to work out, but Morio Asaka and crew are busy with My Love Story!! next season and My Love Story!! is going to own so that's okay.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Okay, fine!!! I'll watch Chihayafuru. happy now??

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

God drat you for getting me to watch good, quality anime

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

All this talk about Chihayafuru is making me wish that there was a third season already. :( Some day it'll come....

Holding out hope for a third season is the only reason I haven't read the manga yet. I don't want to spoil the tension of not knowing how each match is going to turn out.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

Holding out hope for a third season is the only reason I haven't read the manga yet. I don't want to spoil the tension of not knowing how each match is going to turn out.

Same! I tried reading the manga, but it was missing so much compared to the anime. The soundtracks definitely enhance the entire experience.

The Devil Tesla posted:

this season was basically the first point where there was enough manga for it to work out, but Morio Asaka and crew are busy with My Love Story!! next season and My Love Story!! is going to own so that's okay.

That is the best news.

I can't wait for this hunk to make an animated appearance :allears:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

S Tier:

A Tier:
Everyone else

F Tier:

Desktomu is also S-Tier.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I laughed really hard when he shut the fujisaki guy out of psyching him out by just spitting stats at him

I think I said it before but it bears repeating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

I already did, it was ok but I didn't feel the need to continue

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

S Tier:

Sudo's S is from ドS. He is S tier, but a different S tier.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I physically can't watch anime without explosions or punches or swords sorry

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Sharkopath posted:

Chihaya is my god.

Endorph posted:

S Tier:

My S Tier would also include the Intelligent Bear. The Unstoppable Attacker. Probably over 50 and still has a shot at making Meijin. The only man that Chihaya tries to give Valentine's Day chocolates to every year (even though he refuses them). Harada sensei.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 10, 2015

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I physically can't watch anime without explosions or punches or swords sorry

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Fire is not an explosion!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I watched Chihayafuru up to episode 8 before my Crunchyroll membership expired. I'll probably start again once I re-buy my premium membership because I'm weak willed (the ads just completely gently caress up the player for me for some reason)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
99HPH965Q5P
LXVWJSHWVG6
JHSFFR4NXNZ

Knock yourself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant