Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, I heard that Flipnote 3D just went up on Club Nintendo, anyone wanna confirm/deny?

NOE put out some new info on Ironfall: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS-download-software/IRONFALL-Invasion-955145.html#How_to_Buy

tl;dr: the base version (1 single-player level, 1 multiplayer level, limited characters/guns) is free, the single-player campaign and the full multiplayer suite cost £8.88 / €9.99 each.

60FPS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFvI1nSZ3s

Dev interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxmpk75M7Bs

Yeah I got Flipnote 3D when I checked my CN account to see if I got any post-play surveys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
So I recently got a Wii U, and I'm confused in this thread people mentioning "coins".

I live in the UK. I had a £20 Nintendo voucher that I won as a prize. I have used most of that up buying Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Metroid. Wanted to grab Metroid Fusion too but I'm short by just a few pence. If I want to top up my wallet apparently the minimum ammount is £10! *shakes fist*

A few days ago I created a Club Nintendo account and registered a few codes so I now have 1700 stars. However, it appears that all I can buy with these stars are bits of Nintendo merchandise. I saw that I could buy vouchers for Nintendo Points... but then realised that they are for the original Wii store, not the Wii U.

So what are these coins that people are mentioning? How do I earn coins that let me buy games?

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 10, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Coins are a NA thing, in Pal territories we have stars.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

your evil twin posted:

So I recently got a Wii U, and I'm confused in this thread people mentioning "coins".

A few days ago I created a Club Nintendo account and registered a few codes so I now have 1700 stars. However, it appears that all I can buy with these stars are bits of Nintendo merchandise. I saw that I could buy vouchers for Nintendo Points... but then realised that they are for the original Wii store, not the Wii U.

So what are these coins that people are mentioning? How do I earn coins that let me buy games?

Coins are in the North American version of Club Nintendo.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Ahh, I see.

And apparently stars are useful for buying ABSOLUTELY BUGGER ALL.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Save them, NOE will probably give you something to spend them on before long.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Apparently club nintendo is closing down in a few months anyway? And all i see are things like phone ring tones or backpacks for kids. Or if I gave up a gazillion stars, the most fancy expensive thing is a set of golf balls.

It doesn't seem the effort of scratching off the cards from my other games and registering them all and doing surveys for each one. I'm not interested in literally one single thing in the European nintendo club store.

I was really excited at the prospect that by buying new games (Rather than 2nd hand) you would be rewarded with a little money of cash-back to spend on games on the e-store. Turns out that here in Europe that's just something they did with Wii, not Wii-U. :(

Any Europeans ever see anything cool on Club Nintendo?

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 10, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's generally not worth the effort, yeah, but the Japanese and North American services have recently added a ton of digital games and other rewards as closing-down prizes, and I expect the European Club Nintendo will make them available soon, too.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Ah OK I shall dutifully scratch the cards on my other games then before the codes expire.

Annoyingly I don't seem to have gotten 1000 stars for the Wii-U itself. I know the Wii-U doesn't come with a card to scratch off, the instructions said to create a Club Nintendo account using the card from a game and then tie my e-shop account to the club nintendo account. I did so, it all seems successfully registered and tied together, but I haven't gotten any points or a survey for the Wii-U.

I did get a 1000 points due to registering code that came with my ancient Wii, though. Still had the card!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

EDIT: Rockman & Forte, too. Can you guess which version?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pbtj/index.html

Great, the version that suffers from being on too small of a screen and from the lack of a dedicated dash button.

Restore points will help it immensely (gently caress Burnerman's stage, and Burnerman himself actually, and the entire fortress.) but it doesn't stop it from being a lovely port.

gently caress, I'd take an untranslated SFC version over the GBA version if it came down to it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Blek - €5.49 / £4.49
    Red Riding Hood - €0.99 / £0.66
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Blaster Master (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Mappy Land (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    99Seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones - €9.99 / £9.49 or €8.99 / £7.99 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    Lone Survivor: Director's Cut - €8.99 / £7.49 or €7.49 / £6.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    The Swapper - €10.99 / £8.99 or €9.49 / £7.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    Thomas Was Alone - €5.99 / £4.99 or €4.99 / £4.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.99 from February 12-26
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop) - €3.99/ £3.99 from February 12-26
    Spy Chameleon (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from February 12-March 5
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut/u] (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from February 12-March 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - €44.99 / £39.99 (February 13, includes "Dire Moon" menu theme until March 12)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - €44.99 / £39.99 (February 13, includes "Gore Magala & Seregios" theme until March 15)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ - €39.99 / £29.99 (February 13)
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (update, February 10)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ironfall: Invasion - free to downloads, Campaign and Multiplayer content packs €9.99 / £8.99 each
    Kirby Fighters Deluxe - €6.99 / £6.29 (February 13)
    Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe - i]€6.99 / £6.29[/i] (February 13)
    U]3D Fantasy Zone
    - €4.99 / £3.49
    Space Lift Danger Panic! - €2.49 / £1.99
    Undead Storm Nightmare - €4.99 / £3.49, includes demo
    Best of Arcade Games: Air Hockey - €9.99 / £8.99
    U]Best of Board Games: Chess[/U] - €9.99 / £8.99
    Nintendo Anime Channel (video on demand app)
3DS MENU THEMES (February 13)
    Majora's Mask: Dire Moon - €1.99 / £1.79, free with the digital version of Majora's Mask until March 12
    Majora's Mask: Gold Edition - €1.99 / £1.79
    Monster Hunter 4: Hunter's Seal - €1.99 / £1.79
    Monster Hunter 4: Palicoes 4 Ever - €1.99 / £1.79
    Ace Combat 3-Pack - free with the digital version of Ace Combat until March 12
    Ace Combat: ACES - €0.99 / £0.79
    Ace Combat: ADF-1 - €0.99 / £0.79
    Ace Combat: PHOENIX - €0.99 / £0.79
    Basic Colour Set (free)
    Simple Colour Set (free)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sweet Memories Blackjack (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from February 12-26
    Brunch Panic (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from February 12-26

NOE finally put out the full weekly update, here it is.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 10, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you can believe it, Atlus and Ubisoft are doing a eShop sale YET AGAIN. It's pretty much monthly at this point. Another chance for y'all to get SMT IV and Devil Survivor for $15 each.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Was Earthbound always 250 coins? I had thought it was 200.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

thexerox123 posted:

Was Earthbound always 250 coins? I had thought it was 200.

Yup. It's also 10 dollars instead of 8 on the eShop.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I am currently in the process of kicking myself really hard for not picking up KORG DSN-12 when it was on sale, not only because I have no idea whether it will go back on sale or not, but also because even if it does, it'll likely be a very long time before then.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 10, 2015

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

your evil twin posted:

Ah OK I shall dutifully scratch the cards on my other games then before the codes expire.

Annoyingly I don't seem to have gotten 1000 stars for the Wii-U itself. I know the Wii-U doesn't come with a card to scratch off, the instructions said to create a Club Nintendo account using the card from a game and then tie my e-shop account to the club nintendo account. I did so, it all seems successfully registered and tied together, but I haven't gotten any points or a survey for the Wii-U.

I did get a 1000 points due to registering code that came with my ancient Wii, though. Still had the card!

I believe for the Wii U you want to use the serial number as the code itself.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

I believe for the Wii U you want to use the serial number as the code itself.

Mine automatically registered if I recall correctly. However, Club Nintendo seems to work on a batch system where it gives you your survey somewhere between midnight and the morning after you register. That's why you'll see disclaimers like "May take 24 hours to show".

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

your evil twin posted:

I never would have thought that one could register a Wii, given their age. I got mine back in '09, and now it's stored away because I have a GameCube and a WiiU.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Yeah, I thought it was a long-shot and pleasantly surprised. While the codes that came with games had expiry dates, the code for the console itself had no date written on it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yessss, by far my most anticipated 3DS game at the moment. And then I probably have to wait another six months for it to come out here in Europe and speaking of which where the HELL is Gunvolt

I don't get why they're keeping Tokimeki in Japanese. What's wrong with "The Princess's Heart-throbbing Rhapsody"? :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Here's part 1 of the Sega/M2 3D Fantasy Zone interview:

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/02/09/sega-3d-classics-%E2%80%93-3d-fantasy-zone-opa-opa-brothers-%E2%80%93-developer-interview-part-1/

They mostly discuss the technical aspects of the 3D conversion; part 2 of the interview concerns the new Upa-Upa mode.

...and here's part 2!

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/02/10/sega-3d-classics-3d-fantasy-zone-opa-opa-brothers-part-2/

KennyMan666 posted:

Yessss, by far my most anticipated 3DS game at the moment. And then I probably have to wait another six months for it to come out here in Europe and speaking of which where the HELL is Gunvolt

I don't get why they're keeping Tokimeki in Japanese. What's wrong with "The Princess's Heart-throbbing Rhapsody"? :v:

Gunvolt did show up on some of the regional ratings boards a week or two back, so things are still moving with that game, at least.

Maybe they think the prospective audience is fine with words like Tokimemi, or that it'll be more memorable or something. I mean, Nintendo managed to sell a million copies of "Tomodachi Life" so anything's possible.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
What does "Tomodachi" mean anyway?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Protect Me Knight was all about being a game with a SNES-esque localisation effort, so a weirdly translated title seems right up that alley.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycot posted:

What does "Tomodachi" mean anyway?

Friend.

Champeenship posted:

Protect Me Knight was all about being a game with a SNES-esque localisation effort, so a weirdly translated title seems right up that alley.

The devs said they want to get a legit translator this time because all the reviewers made fun of their English in the last game. People are no fun.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you can believe it, Atlus and Ubisoft are doing a eShop sale YET AGAIN. It's pretty much monthly at this point. Another chance for y'all to get SMT IV and Devil Survivor for $15 each.

This is why I haven't even bothered to buy Persona Q yet, as I just know it will be on sale a bunch in a few months after it out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

your evil twin posted:

They used to have replicas of the Mario Kart trophies, I managed to snag one of those.

Got that Shell Cup sitting on my desk at home. Otherwise most of my stars went on Wii points back when the Wii was the newest console.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

They used to have replicas of the Mario Kart trophies, I managed to snag one of those.

Got that Shell Cup sitting on my desk at home. Otherwise most of my stars went on Wii points back when the Wii was the newest console.

drat those are slick

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sudden Javelin posted:

If I were loaded, I would totally get a jeweler to make those with real rare metals and jewels.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokemon Shuffle, the 3DS Candy Crush-esque game announced in the last Direct, will be launching on February 18. Does anyone care?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pokemon Shuffle, the 3DS Candy Crush-esque game announced in the last Direct, will be launching on February 18. Does anyone care?
No, I already bought Battle Trozei.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

homeless snail posted:

No, I already bought Battle Trozei.

Sure but isn't there a part of you that wishes you could regularly give them more money for no good reason?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sure but isn't there a part of you that wishes you could regularly give them more money for no good reason?
I'm pretty sure this is the tagline for the New 3DS XL.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Well, yeah, but Nintendo has Amibo for that.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Good news, Wii U dudes: Sega is finally supporting the Wii U VC, with GBA games!

Sonic Advance, out in Japan next week (February 18):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pb8j/index.html

I thought they said they had no plans to support either Virtual Console at all any more (which wasn't surprising, given their money troubles).

Cloks posted:

Yup. It's also 10 dollars instead of 8 on the eShop.

Not surprising, given its status as the Duke Nukem Forever of Virtual Console.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 11, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

BiggerJ posted:

I thought they said they had no plans to support either Virtual Console at all any more (which wasn't surprising, given their money troubles).

It was the standard "no plans at this time" non-answer, in regards to bringing their own hardware platforms (Mega Drive, Master System, etc).

Their digital legacy policy has switched away from just emptying the vaults with minimal effort to focusing on fewer releases with added value a la 3D Classics.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

They mostly discuss the technical aspects of the 3D conversion; part 2 of the interview concerns the new Upa-Upa mode.

OH poo poo. Upa-Upa in Space Harrier is a weird part of Sega history. NEC Avenue once working on a game that featured Opa-Opa in the setting of Space Harrier (since they both take place in a world called the Fantasy Zone). That wiki page tells a different story about its cancellation than what I'd once heard - that Sega was unaware that the worlds of the two franchises had the same name, forced the project's cancellation and changed the name of Space Harrier's setting in response.

Edit: Nevermind, I though Upa-Upa was a typo and that the game being released in 3D was Space Harrier.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 12, 2015

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Depends, does it deposit some unique poke into my Bank?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

your evil twin posted:

I have a Kirby pouch I use as my wallet, I have the Game and Watch just because I thought it was cool and I have the 3DS game case which is great if you have a 3DS. But then I've had my Club Nintendo account since it started in the Gamecube era so I built up around 30k stars over the life of it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

JustJeff88 posted:

I just bought that on cart because I had really enjoyed Portrait of Ruin. They don't have any of the DS-era Castlevania games (Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia) on any Virtual Console that I know of, but I think that OoE is still in active production and you can get it for a decent price. Uprising and Star Fox 3D are out of print and pricey, so I feel more compelled to get them.
There aren't any DS games on any Virtual Console, aside from Japan randomly getting one of the Advance Wars DS games through the JP Club Nintendo, and Europe/Aus similarly getting Brain Training randomly (for free) on the eShop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

There aren't any DS games on any Virtual Console, aside from Japan randomly getting one of the Advance Wars DS games through the JP Club Nintendo, and Europe/Aus similarly getting Brain Training randomly (for free) on the eShop.

Is there any good reason for that or is Nintendo just being Nintendo?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 11, 2015