Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
smh i didnt read the op thanks oat

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

smh read the OP

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THIS FORUM.

But cool burn bro.

(It was a post probably befitting this thread but there's a reason that rule is in place, dude.)

Goddamn it oats

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

that's long-winded but there's nothing overly stupid in there

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
well i'll be darn tootin

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Well to be fair the actual tweet is "Just found out The Internet thinks I tried to start a KENTA chant at NXT. I have never been so offended by Me-Related Gossip in all my life." He's hardly wallowing in self-pity here.

He also helps run a promotion, so it's not like Uproxx is the only thing he does. But then I don't get the hate for Stroud so what do I know.

I don't hate the guy, he's just a smug dude who posts dumb poo poo about wrestling on the internet like the rest of us.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

I don't hate the guy, he's just a smug dude who posts dumb poo poo about wrestling on the internet like the rest of us.

He can be a bit more dangerous and ramble rousing than that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

Dangerous? How so?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

lol

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The clickbait rant was laughworthy.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

He sucks. He's really bad.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
I actually liked Stroud until I realized just how stubborn he is to what he thinks is "right." Like, it's even remarkable for a wrestling fan, especially one who likes to act like he's a totally reasonable guy. I remember he said no one should like the Bullet Club all that much because AJ Styles was in it, seemingly not understanding just how much AJ was killing it all summer. I still read his Raw columns on occasion, because I rarely watch Raw nowadays, but his personality is very offputting.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gatorfade posted:

I remember he said no one should like the Bullet Club all that much because AJ Styles was in it, seemingly not understanding just how much AJ was killing it all summer.

That's the weirdest thing I've heard in a while. Doesn't he know AJ is super popular? The one time he showed up at a local indie here, they had the biggest crowd I've seen. The fed wasn't prepared for it at all, apparently they did really big walk up business that day.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

rovert posted:

For all intensive purposes, he's really getting raped over the coals.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

triplexpac posted:

That's the weirdest thing I've heard in a while. Doesn't he know AJ is super popular? The one time he showed up at a local indie here, they had the biggest crowd I've seen. The fed wasn't prepared for it at all, apparently they did really big walk up business that day.

I actually replied "AJ Styles is arguably the best in-ring lately" and he replied "Bullshit."
I dunno man.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Didn't he insist that Punk leaving WWE last year was a storyline for like 6 months?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OctoberCountry posted:

Didn't he insist that Punk leaving WWE last year was a storyline for like 6 months?

Even Court Bauer thinks that CM Punk will return to wrestling in some fashion.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

coconono posted:

But Stroud literally thought it was a work. I think up until like 'Mania.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatorfade posted:

It was a work, but then CM Punk signed with UFC and worked a work into a shoot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

He probably will, eventually. That's different from thinking this entire saga - podcast, staph infection, UFC contract and all, is a work.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He probably holds AJ's personal politics against him. I mean, people here have mocked AJ for his views as well, but I doubt any of us would claim he wasn't a drat good wrestler.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gatorfade posted:

source, please.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
AJ's opinion on gays is loving atrocious, but who cares? He doesn't go around spewing his hatred, at least not to my knowledge. He can have his lovely opinions as long as he isn't spreading them all over. If I get more matches like the one with Suzuki, he can believe whatever he wants.

Gatorfade fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 10, 2015

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

coconono posted:

source, please.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/04/best-worst-wwe-raw-4714/3/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

AJ's opinion on gays is loving atrocious, but who cares? He doesn't go around spewing his hatred, at least not to my knowledge. He can have his lovely opinions as long as he isn't spreading them all over. If I get more matches like the one with Suzuki, he can believe whatever he wants.

Just to play devil's advocate, he does frequently say "human being" as an exclamation of pain when he's in the ring. There was a big to-do about it when he did it while wrestling CIMA for ROH years ago.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Has he done that lately? I watch a lot of his NJPW stuff and I haven't noticed. If he has, shame on him. Although, it'll still be hard for me to dislike his work. Because it's so drat good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

Has he done that lately? I watch a lot of his NJPW stuff and I haven't noticed. If he has, shame on him. Although, it'll still be hard for me to dislike his work. Because it's so drat good.

Not that I've noticed. It was a habit for a while though. I remember him doing it WAY back when he was in NWA Wildside, as well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If we're playing devil's advocate, if any of us actually cared about morals of wrestlers we would have stopped watching long ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

If we're playing devil's advocate, if any of us actually cared about morals of wrestlers we would have stopped watching long ago.

An excellent point.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

flashy_mcflash posted:

He probably will, eventually. That's different from thinking this entire saga - podcast, staph infection, UFC contract and all, is a work.

to be fair, Stroud did acknowledge the legitimacy way before then. But for like 3 months he thought it was a storyline.

Gatorfade fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 10, 2015

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, he does frequently say "human being" as an exclamation of pain when he's in the ring. There was a big to-do about it when he did it while wrestling CIMA for ROH years ago.

I feel like a terrible person but this is so absurd I almost find it funny. Like not if he's yelling it at the person beating him up, but like, would he stub his toe in the privacy of his own home with no one around and scream that word instead of just going, "AGH poo poo!" or something?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Stroud is basically the human tumblr.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like a terrible person but this is so absurd I almost find it funny. Like not if he's yelling it at the person beating him up, but like, would he stub his toe in the privacy of his own home with no one around and scream that word instead of just going, "AGH poo poo!" or something?

It is fairly ridiculous. I laughed too, but man, I remember a pretty nasty debate on what I remember as DVDVR (It was during ROH's first few years so I may be remembering the place the argument happened wrong) about it.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Gatorfade posted:

to be fair, Stroud did acknowledge the legitimacy way before then. But for like 3 months he thought it was a storyline.

Didn't a lot of people at that point?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Delsaber posted:

Didn't a lot of people at that point?

Basically, and his tone was essentially more of 'Alright this is probably real, but it can just as likely be a work', which at the time wasn't exactly an unreasonable opinion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think at least a few people said it was the only curse he felt comfortable using for a while in the early-2000s.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Chris James 2 posted:

I think at least a few people said it was the only curse he felt comfortable using for a while in the early-2000s.

lol, when the only curse you feel comfortable using is the slur for an entire demographic, that speaks volumes. Still, AJ 4 lyfe, Bullet Club, It's Real, yadda yadda.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

context: Bobby Lashley got cast in some movie

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

context: Bobby Lashley got cast in some movie

Turns out Bobby has a few acting credits to his name, including one role as "Tattooed Hispanic Man" :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DJExile posted:

Turns out Bobby has a few acting credits to his name, including one role as "Tattooed Hispanic Man" :psyduck:

We should salute that production for casting beyond racial type