Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

T___A posted:

In all my time of playing CK2 I have never seen this happen:

I think Nestorianism was actually really widespread among the Mongols for a while in real life and in game they are more likely to convert to it than say Catholicism or Orthodox.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
well there's always a chaos element to sandbox.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
It is a little out of the scope of this game, but I believe that Kublai Khan's mother was a Nestorian!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Rumda posted:

Is the doges family about to go extinct, as your direct vassal the titles would revert to you if it were feudal, but since its a trade republic feudal characters cannot hold or be the heirs so it passes down the line.

I'm off on a hiking trip this week so I can't check the doge's family but Genius holds four counties and the viceroyalty for them. I don't know if a viceroyalty counts as a feudal title but the counties should, shouldn't they? Or maybe they don't, this does seem like the most plausible explanation so far, especially given the timing - the change in the line of succession happened not long after I set the republic up. Assuming this is the case, does that mean that if the Doge were to produce an heir, Genius would rejoin the line of succession ahead of his daughters and sister? I mean assuming Harelip dies before him (not entirely unlikely given that everyone hates him) and assuming there's anything left to inherit after the inevitable independence revolt that's currently at 190% of my levies.

Also why does the Republic default back to the liege if the Doge's family dies? I'd have thought a different family (that of the Patrician who is currently listed as heir) would take over the Doge title? Regardless, it's a pretty bullshit obscure way to lose control over my line of succession. :colbert:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've spread the peacekeeping operation throughout most of France now. Middle Francia and Saxony are my pretend-allies: whenever they need help, they come whining like babies, but they've always got something more important to do when I could use a hand.
But it's cool - I have claimants to both Kingdoms.
The King of Lombardy also has a problem with the Pope and that will be my peacekeepers' next assignment - brokering a peace settlement between someone who doesn't yet know he's been excommunicated and the wider Catholic world. That should be enough to get me the King of Italy title, which I think will be the missing piece to letting me form the Holy Roman Empire.

I want all the Empire titles. ALL OF THE EMPIRE TITLES.

[edit]
Also - keep on keepin' on, Adventurers:

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 10, 2015

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Adventurers are great if you're Britain. They never have enough boats to move their whole army, so they split it up and deliver it to you in bite-sized chunks. Then they lose easily, and you can exile the leader for a free 500-ish gold.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
It's kind of bullshit that imprisoning a guy plotting to raise a host against you in your own court gives you tyranny. The man is eating my food and hanging around my palace while trying to arrange my downfall, how is this unjust?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Looks like the Reformation happened 300 years ahead of schedule:

They even managed to land the Fraticelli Papacy, which I've never seen the AI do before:

What's this dude's ambition? I've never seen that icon before.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bold Robot posted:

What's this dude's ambition? I've never seen that icon before.

HIP, I think. "Win a war" or "Win a holy war". I think that one's Holy war.

paranoid randroid posted:

It's kind of bullshit that imprisoning a guy plotting to raise a host against you in your own court gives you tyranny. The man is eating my food and hanging around my palace while trying to arrange my downfall, how is this unjust?

There's a mod for that!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248082627

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Trying to get the Saoshyant achievement, so alas I just had to eat the tyranny. Lots of tyranny - I had his head chopped off just to make sure that he wouldn't get teleported out of jail when the host event fired.

-50 to all vassals is... kind of awful. Still, totally worth it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
How come there are 2 separate Pomeranias?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
There's probably a county of Pomerania that's independent from the duchy. Somewhere itt there's a picture of Spain with three Aragons.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yep. The County of Pomerania somehow got separated from the Duchy of Pomerania.

I actually have three Aragons (county, duchy, kingdom) in my current game right now. Spain in the 1066 start is such a clusterfuck that it's not all that rare.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

There's a few cases of there being a kingdom, duchy, and province all with the same name, iirc.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One is the duchy of Pomerania one is the duchy of PomeraLia.

Edit: Unless you're just talking about how each duke holds random poo poo all mixed together.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

DStecks posted:

There's a few cases of there being a kingdom, duchy, and province all with the same name, iirc.

There are also a couple pairs of provinces that have near-identical names but are otherwise unrelated. Leon in Spain and Leon in Brittany, and also Munster in Ireland and Munster in Germany. There are a couple of others to, but I'm blanking.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

DStecks posted:

someone repost the image with like 18 seperate provinces named "Perm"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Behold, the face of a man who has absolutely, positively, 100% run out of cum:

Let's see what his lady wife has to say about him!

I wouldn't trust this rear end in a top hat to pull a pizza out of the oven.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 10, 2015

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
Of course he is a Habsburg.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
'Adulterer -5' is what makes it.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

'Adulterer -5' is what makes it.

I dunno, I am getting pretty tickled by the "Lover's Pox: -5" myself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've fallen in love with Lux Invicta so much that I've started to draw out individual regions on the map with all the states and religions on them. Can I post them here?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Guest rights, man... most folks take that stuff pretty seriously.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah and as mentioned, adventurers are a blessing in disguise. They get a ton of free gold and you can take it all when you defeat/banish them. Just wait for him to pop, then kick his rear end.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

jfood posted:

Guest rights, man... most folks take that stuff pretty seriously.

It's p. frickin' heinous to plot to usurp a man while you're taking his hospitality!

I mean I guess it's also p. heinous to chop your own kin's head off, but details. Whatever, I'm sort of enjoying the idea that Jamshid the Hunter is going to go down in history primarily for being the dude who had his own uncle beheaded ""unjustly"".

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It's p. frickin' heinous to plot to usurp a man while you're taking his hospitality!

I mean I guess it's also p. heinous to chop your own kin's head off, but details. Whatever, I'm sort of enjoying the idea that Jamshid the Hunter is going to go down in history primarily for being the dude who had his own uncle beheaded ""unjustly"".

If it's about hospitality, I need a Jael plot or a Jael button. "Circumvent hospitality rules to murder with tent peg."

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm getting real tired of the Papacy's poo poo in this game.

Baalfrog
Nov 14, 2012

Thats pretty neat.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah and as mentioned, adventurers are a blessing in disguise. They get a ton of free gold and you can take it all when you defeat/banish them. Just wait for him to pop, then kick his rear end.

Sadly they changed it so that peasant revolts and other such non-title revolters don't have any money, now they are just fodder for the headsman.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Baalfrog posted:

Sadly they changed it so that peasant revolts and other such non-title revolters don't have any money, now they are just fodder for the headsman.

I know it is for normal revolts but how recently did they change it for Adventures?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Fun trick: if you whitepeace a rebellion, the leader doesn't get the "heartbroken" modifier that permanently nerfs his martial skill, so if you're hurting for a good Marshall this can be a way to get one. And enforcing demands on them only gets a pittance of prestige, IIRC, so really the best reward is for whitepeacing.

Also I really, really wish there was some kind of timer on Independence revolts, because when I was emperor of Francia it felt like even after I would completely stomp one out, a new one would spring up within the decade.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Adventurers can still have money. I made 913 bucks banishing one just yesterday (and then I had him whacked, because gently caress that guy.)

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Wow I didn't know they actually put in the possibility of the cadaver synod firing for a bad pope.

Not sure how he got elected in the first place.

A wicked priest who's also a stressed, ambitious imbecile (how?). He didn't last long after his election (died from the stress).

Baalfrog
Nov 14, 2012

Thats pretty neat.

SkySteak posted:

I know it is for normal revolts but how recently did they change it for Adventures?

The adventurers still got money and you can still banish them and steal it. I believe it has always been this way.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I thought that when you used the 'Found a New Kingdom' option from the intrigue menu it would let you choose the name and color of your new kingdom. Instead it just gave me the Kingdom of Croatia title, which I already had the requirements for and could've gotten at any time.

I just wanted to make a sweet blue colored Kingdom of Aquileia, why is that so hard :negative:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Scrree posted:

I thought that when you used the 'Found a New Kingdom' option from the intrigue menu it would let you choose the name and color of your new kingdom. Instead it just gave me the Kingdom of Croatia title, which I already had the requirements for and could've gotten at any time.

I just wanted to make a sweet blue colored Kingdom of Aquileia, why is that so hard :negative:
You can edit all that in the savegame file, if you're so inclined. It's how I switched from the Kingdom of Tuscany to the Kingdom of Gothia with the county of Ravenna's flag.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Scrree posted:

It names the titular title after the duchy that is your primary title. So if you're the duke of Munster, you'll create the kingdom of Munster. You were the duke of Croatia, so it gave you the titular kingdom of Croatia.You can edit the name in game on the page for the title, but as far as the flag, you're screwed without modding stuff.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Unless you're muslim of course, in which case, the flag is your dynasties flag, which you can personalize any time you want.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

How is the 480 AD mod besides the ridiculous north africa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

How is the 480 AD mod besides the ridiculous north africa?

It's real bad basically everywhere. The tribal mechanics are broken, they didn't bother assigning characters to tons of titles (and so just gave them to the king/emperor), and the rise of Islam mechanics are underwhelming at best.

• Locked thread