Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Mosnar posted:

Because. ::colbert::

I'll just say that simply disabling that plugin didn't work for me. I said fukit, and started anew. And if Cross was with you, that might explain why they fired on you in the first place. In the way back when, before I even got into TTW, I made the mistake of giving Veronica some power armor to wear. The New Vegas main gate was never the same after that ..

After I removed myself from the faction the NCR did not attack me or Cross. I gave Cross Enclave Tesla armor during Take it Back to replace her T-45d suit, did you give Veronica Brotherhood armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

watho posted:

Is there a mod that makes damage numbers pop into the air when damaging enemies kinda like in Botderlands or would it be hard to make?

I investigated this a while back and I don't think there's any efficient or even accurate way to implement it. The only callbacks you can get in scripts are for people getting hit (only gives attacker and target, not damage) and people getting killed (also only gives attacker and target).

Even if you wanted to monitor everyone's health (say, just enemies within some range), their visible health at any given time is interpolated between what it was last tick and what it should be, so I don't think you could even get an accurate idea of damage dealt by comparing health values.

If you were willing to drill deep into how you can hook into the engine using native code, like NVSE does, then maybe you could work something out.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Woolie Wool posted:

After I removed myself from the faction the NCR did not attack me or Cross. I gave Cross Enclave Tesla armor during Take it Back to replace her T-45d suit, did you give Veronica Brotherhood armor?

Hell, possibly. I've been feeding my horrible addiction to FO3/FONV for quite some time now ..

I really need to get a weather mod:

Off to mangle my install with Nevada Skies!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Mosnar posted:

Hell, possibly. I've been feeding my horrible addiction to FO3/FONV for quite some time now ..

I really need to get a weather mod:

Off to mangle my install with Nevada Skies!

What are you using for the weapon models? I've got the New Vegas guns looking better but I haven't bothered with FO3 stuff yet.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Use URWL if you're using TTW, it doesn't have that horrible fallout rain that kills you in two minutes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zedd posted:

I feel like I post a new issue here ever other day :v:, but this one really puzzles me:

Ever since I progressed past the first part of Lonesome Road (the first silo) the game crashes upon entering Lombard Station.
Loading a save from before I progressed to that point is no issue, I even had some lonesome road items already in my storage spots/walls.

I did stock up a decent amount of supplies inside it, like all the gold from DM (:shepface:) and like 60k in caps and ~20k ammo in total; but that shouldn't be an issue just because I went from the first missile Silo up to just past picking up the detonator would it? Could the detonator being a questitem at this point be an issue? It really puzzles me.

I completed the first LR mission, all of HH and all of DM on this save in that order, I only now after both those other two DLC's made more progress into LR and only now the issue shows up.
My files are in order of DLC releases in the modmanager (DM > HH > OWB > LR > GRA) and I haven't had issues with them before.

Zedd posted:

I can save right in front of the "enter lombard station" entrance, cell buffer command did not help.

Psion posted:

That one sounds familiar, but I'm not completely sure.

hmmm ... I think the console pcb command to purge cell buffers was the trick? Get as close to LS as you can without crashing and pop pcb, then enter?
Sorry for the quotestack but I seem to have narrowed it down to somehow having to do with Dead Money content being in Lombard.
Going back a few hours to saves post-DM but before I moved over all my loot to Lombard have no issues. Saves with Dead Money loot being stored in Lombard crash my game.
I'll try to narrow it down further, my suspects are the gunwall (since I googled around and had people have issues with that thing) or storing too much in the base.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Seashell Salesman posted:

I investigated this a while back and I don't think there's any efficient or even accurate way to implement it. The only callbacks you can get in scripts are for people getting hit (only gives attacker and target, not damage) and people getting killed (also only gives attacker and target).

Even if you wanted to monitor everyone's health (say, just enemies within some range), their visible health at any given time is interpolated between what it was last tick and what it should be, so I don't think you could even get an accurate idea of damage dealt by comparing health values.

If you were willing to drill deep into how you can hook into the engine using native code, like NVSE does, then maybe you could work something out.

I don't care too much about accuracy, just want to see numbers flying everywhere but it does seem like a bit too much work for what it's worth.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

keyboard vomit posted:

What are you using for the weapon models? I've got the New Vegas guns looking better but I haven't bothered with FO3 stuff yet.

Here's all the stuff in my load order that affects weapons (in any way). ENB plus SFX make some improvements too, of course.

I likely don't need to have both Weapons of the New Millenia Store and LITE active at the same time, I haven't been back to Goodsprings since I installed to see if the cheat cabinet is there.

Most likely suspects: Arenovalis Textures and Weapons of the New Millenia.

Also: Will check out URWL, WW!

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
gunrunners_in_the_capital_wasteland.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
AWOP-IMPACT-WMX.esp
WMX-AWOP.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
AWOP - EVE AllDLC.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
gunrunners_in_the_capital_wasteland_1.1.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.LITE.esp
weapons.of_.the_.new_.millenia.ttw_.unified.distribution.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Also I'm working on a Project Nevada Core + Jsawyer + EVE + IMPACT + WMX megapatch (with YUP changes forwarded) for New Vegas that I think I'll make compatible with TTW once all is said and done. If there is any interest I'll upload here. Basically keeps WMX's mod changes for anything Jsawyer conflicts with, but keeps JSawyer's stats where applicable it also removes all (GRA) tags because they always annoyed me to no end.

You gotta be careful with removing the (GRA) tags - especially when using WMX - because thanks to the duplicate weapons added by GRA, it can get pretty confusing without the tags. It's the reason I advise people not to use MMUE at the same time as WMX; I occasionally get people complaining that "I've got this Assault Carbine/Anti-Materiel Rifle/etc and this weapon mod for it, but I can't apply it!", when what they've actually got is the standard version of the weapon and a weapon mod for the GRA version (or vice-versa), they just can't tell because the (GRA) tags have been removed.

I guess instead of (GRA) you could name the weapons/mods '[weapon name] mk. 1' - or 'mod 1' or whatever sounds suitably gunnish.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A much better mod would be either removing all the (GRA) weapons and mods and adding the mods to the regular list, or removing all of the standard weapons and replacing them on leveled lists and hand-placed loot with (GRA) weapons and removing the tag so it integrates. But I'm not versed enough in modding to know how that would all work.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I feel like an idiot for not knowing about Weapons of the New Millennia and installing a whole shitload of his mods individually. I can't switch because the old weapons have different formids.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
A regular merged esp of all the invididual releases will work just fine if you don't mind missing out on the bug fixes, feature improvements, and other updates that WNM includes. We basically ignore the stand alone releases the moment they disappear from the hot files. Managing 50+ mods as well as WNM would eat up a ridiculous amount of my free time that I don't feel like giving up.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Those improvements are the only reason I would switch.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

A much better mod would be either removing all the (GRA) weapons and mods and adding the mods to the regular list, or removing all of the standard weapons and replacing them on leveled lists and hand-placed loot with (GRA) weapons and removing the tag so it integrates. But I'm not versed enough in modding to know how that would all work.

I had to put a lot of thought into how I was going to do WMX-GRA, as GRA's implementation sort of threw a spanner in the works. It is a little different in the context of WMX, since it means you no longer have things like GRA versions of weapons having weapon mods and the vanilla versions having none. With WMX, the vanilla and GRA versions of weapons have different weapon mods, for the most part.

So if I were to try to 'merge' things, I'd be taking things away from the player, which I'm not a fan of. There were also issues like how would I handle removing a weapon/mod that the player character already had in a save, and what if someone is using other mods that assume that those items are there - or even require them to be there?

I decided on leaving everything in, including the GRA tags (though I made those less intrusive on the weapon mods) - and tried to make things a bit more reasonable by adding those workbench conversion recipes. It was the most elegant solution I could come up with that didn't involve taking features/content away from the player.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I found a fix that should undo the Remnants hostility caused by attacking Enclave with the TTW reputation mod. At least it works with Arcade Gannon, I haven't tried other members.

1. Make sure TTW Reputations is active in your load order.
2. Note the position of TTW Reputations in said load order.
3. Start up the game, and in the console type "setreputation xx0017e8 0 0", with xx being the load order position of TTW Reputations. This will remove all Enclave infamy.
4. Save your game. Exit.
5. Disable TTW Reputations to make sure this bug does not trigger again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I keep forgetting things I solved like two years ago :mad:

Third person bug where, when you fire a gun, your character suddenly points 90 degrees straight down/straight up? How do you fix that one again?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Use EssArrBee's guide, and then follow Adonis. What I did was use MO to make a new profile from my working EssArrBee's guide and then install TTW over top of it.

The new TTW installer is great, it creates FOMODs and basically makes installing through MO a breeze, so you can toggle it on/off.

Actually, since MO has been able to install all fallout mods (even scripted ones), my games has been hella stable.

Also I'm working on a Project Nevada Core + Jsawyer + EVE + IMPACT + WMX megapatch (with YUP changes forwarded) for New Vegas that I think I'll make compatible with TTW once all is said and done. If there is any interest I'll upload here. Basically keeps WMX's mod changes for anything Jsawyer conflicts with, but keeps JSawyer's stats where applicable it also removes all (GRA) tags because they always annoyed me to no end.

Maybe I'm really dumb, but I don't really know where to begin with the Adonis guide. EssArrBee's I can follow perfectly well (only downloading NMCs on my current 56KB/s connection is holding me up), but the Adonis guide is just a big jumble of random plugin names to me. I don't know what I should be adding or removing or changing from my EssArrBees install, or if I should have done the F3 guide as well and used that for TTW. If you could help that'd be awesome!

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Psion posted:

I keep forgetting things I solved like two years ago :mad:

Third person bug where, when you fire a gun, your character suddenly points 90 degrees straight down/straight up? How do you fix that one again?

From memory that can be caused by mashing together replacement animation files from different sources that don't play nicely together. (Animations related to the weapon type in question, obviously.)

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Okay what the hell just happened to my MO.

Why is there that weird greyed out category thing? I cannot delete it, and I cannot move the mods out of it. This is making using my MO really loving annoying. I did nothing to create it, it just appeared randomly after I installed the PocoBueno fomod.

Edit: a forums upgrade to whoever can fix this poo poo I've spent too long modding this drat game to spend time trawling through forums for this.

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 11, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Okay what the hell just happened to my MO.

Why is there that weird greyed out category thing? I cannot delete it, and I cannot move the mods out of it. This is making using my MO really loving annoying. I did nothing to create it, it just appeared randomly after I installed the PocoBueno fomod.

Edit: a forums upgrade to whoever can fix this poo poo I've spent too long modding this drat game to spend time trawling through forums for this.

Check the sorting options down here, you might have set them to be sorted by category or something. Happened to me once.

By default they should be like the ones in the screenshot.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 11, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Check the sorting options down here, you might have set them to be sorted by category or something. Happened to me once.

By default they should be like the ones in the screenshot.

The solution was as simple as I thought it would be, but that fixed it. I shouldn't mod past 12 at night. What forums upgrade would you prefer?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

IT'S ME COURIER
IT WAS ME
ALLLLL ALOOONG COURIER
YOU ALL BOUGHT IT
HOOK LINE AND SINKER YOU ALL BOUGHT IT
EVEN MY IMMEDIATE SECURITRONS BOUGHT IT

I want a mod that changes the plot to a wrestling storyline and adds a few wrestling rings around the map, with an unarmed overhaul and a bunch of wrestling gear you can equip.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Antistar01 posted:

From memory that can be caused by mashing together replacement animation files from different sources that don't play nicely together. (Animations related to the weapon type in question, obviously.)

My anim folder is a giant mishmash of stuff, I'll reinstall WAR tonight and at least get that on the top of the pile of crap. It's a Millenia weapon and they suggest WAR, so it should be OK. Thanks!

HORMELCHILI posted:

I want a mod that changes the plot to a wrestling storyline and adds a few wrestling rings around the map, with an unarmed overhaul and a bunch of wrestling gear you can equip.

well, if you want a boxing mod that exists but I think the Bethesda game engine would die if you tried to animate wrestling.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I'm replaying Russell and The Inheritance right now, and the first time I played them I didn't really read any of the journals I found (in fact I didn't even find the areas of the respective mods where the logs were located, the first time I played them). That is some heavy, poignant poo poo. The fairly long story of the two soldiers stationed in the armory falling in love and then one of them dying of a brain tumor was so unnecessary to the area/plot but so good on its own.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

The solution was as simple as I thought it would be, but that fixed it. I shouldn't mod past 12 at night. What forums upgrade would you prefer?

Platinum would be pretty great, I'm generally fond of having a search function.

Good luck with the rest of your modding :)

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 12, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I visited the Fort, conversed with Caesar, and left, and had to give up the Platinum Chip before leaving. If I come back with Boone and kill everybody, can I loot the Platinum Chip from Benny, Caesar, or one of the dead legionaries?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

I shouldn't mod past 12 at night.

This really should be in the OP or something. Badness happens when you mod at night.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

I visited the Fort, conversed with Caesar, and left, and had to give up the Platinum Chip before leaving. If I come back with Boone and kill everybody, can I loot the Platinum Chip from Benny, Caesar, or one of the dead legionaries?

Probably. New Vegas is surprisingly sturdy when it comes to the main questline, as long as you don't mess around too much with installing and uninstalling overhauls in the middle of a playthrough.

Capn Beeb posted:

BurritoJustice posted:

I shouldn't mod past 12 at night.
This really should be in the OP or something. Badness happens when you mod at night.

That really depends on how much caffeine/sugar is in your body at the time. Some of my best modding have been done at night.

Of course, based on what I've posted in this thread, that isn't saying much.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What's your guys preferred mod manager and essential mods for a play through?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bob NewSCART posted:

What's your guys preferred mod manager and essential mods for a play through?

Essential: FNVEdit, Wrye Flash, FOMM, NVSE, DarnUI, CASM (remember to disable all default auto-saving), MCM, NVAC, FNV4GB (Win8 version), NVC

Recommended: NMC, Ojo Bueno, Wasteland Clothing Hi-res, Book of Water, JSawyer, IWS, Nevada Skies or Project Reality, Improved LOD, Improved LOD Noise, Signature Armor, Signature Weapons, WRP, WMM, WAR, FCO, WFO, Tailor Maid, Satchels, WMX, Precision Collision, MG NCR, LPAM, The Armory, EBT

Fixes/Restoration: Outside Bets, Pacer's Gambit, A Thorny Situation, A Van Graff Scorned, A Koch and Bohr Story, Rotface to Riches

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

I'm replaying Russell and The Inheritance right now, and the first time I played them I didn't really read any of the journals I found (in fact I didn't even find the areas of the respective mods where the logs were located, the first time I played them). That is some heavy, poignant poo poo. The fairly long story of the two soldiers stationed in the armory falling in love and then one of them dying of a brain tumor was so unnecessary to the area/plot but so good on its own.

How many folk have not discovered the hidden doors in Repconn?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Mosnar posted:

How many folk have not discovered the hidden doors in Repconn?

Repconn HQ? The doors with the killer robots behind them? I think IWS makes them open every time I go there now for every playthrough

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Probably. New Vegas is surprisingly sturdy when it comes to the main questline, as long as you don't mess around too much with installing and uninstalling overhauls in the middle of a playthrough.

That really depends on how much caffeine/sugar is in your body at the time. Some of my best modding have been done at night.

Of course, based on what I've posted in this thread, that isn't saying much.

Do you have an email I could send the plat to? Trying to figure this out and I'll be damned if I won't follow up on my late night offer.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Do you have an email I could send the plat to? Trying to figure this out and I'll be damned if I won't follow up on my late night offer.

Sure, it's thaumpenguin ~at~ gmail.com.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 14, 2015

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Repconn HQ? The doors with the killer robots behind them? I think IWS makes them open every time I go there now for every playthrough

No. Nothing behind them ..see the note after First (main) floor:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/REPCONN_headquarters

Blew me away to stumble across them. Thought I'd really found something, just some XP.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
OKAY. I want to try and install a Tale of Two Wastelands.

I went into my New Vegas instance of Mod Manager and deleted some mods that were listed as incompatible with TTW.

I'm currently installing TTW.

I'm a little confused about how I use Fallout 3 Mods - will TTW pick up any mods I had installed for FO3 in my F03 instance of Mod Manager, or do I now install all Fallout 3 mods through the Fallout New Vegas instance of Mod Manager, and only Fallout 3 mods that have been converted???

Also, if the answer is the latter, how hard is it to convert Fallout 3 mods? Specifically ones that add NPCs to the Capital Wasteland. I was using NPCs Travel, Wasteland Travellers, Crowded Cities, and Brotherhood Patrols.

EDIT: Welp, so much for that. An error occurs when trying to install TTW in Mod Organizer, and I really don't want to re-do everything from scratch in another Mod Organizing program. Oh well.

Chris Christie fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 14, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm using TTW in Mod Organizer, it's been a long time since I actually installed it but I'll help if I can.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I don't know if this is a mod issue or I am just bad at this game. I am trying the infiltration quest in Old World Blues and no matter what I do I get spotted straight away as soon as I try anything.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

oneof27 posted:

I don't know if this is a mod issue or I am just bad at this game. I am trying the infiltration quest in Old World Blues and no matter what I do I get spotted straight away as soon as I try anything.

Smug answer: You're supposed to hit Ctrl to start sneaking.

Semi-serious answer: Post your load order and we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Bob NewSCART posted:

What's your guys preferred mod manager?
Mod Organizer. People say it doesn't work well with NV because it can't handle its fomods, but all you have to do is change their extension to .7z and they work fine. I've certainly never had any problems with it. :shrug: