Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Intruder posted:

Is it ok if I feel bad for the parties involved while at the same time recognizing their actions were wrong?

The real victim here is Seth's dog.

e- and his boner, cause it was small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

TheJoker138 posted:

Counterpoint: Sunny is in the HoF.

Sunny certainly has her problems, but I remember that she looked and acted pretty normal for her HoF induction.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Is it ok if I feel bad for the parties involved while at the same time recognizing their actions were wrong?

If not then we're both wrong.

Seems like basic human empathy to me but YMMV.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

81sidewinder posted:

Sunny certainly has her problems, but I remember that she looked and acted pretty normal for her HoF induction.

And then she got arrested five times in four weeks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I support Seth 'I hate my life and Fiance' Rollins in this difficult time.

Seriously do people feel sorry for Rollins or something or what.

As an internet comedy consumer, I am absolutely dying over here.

As a human being, yeah, I do feel for him. I also feel bad for the valet that had her goods posted all over the internet, too, which is something that seems to be getting buried in all this. I think it's real dumb to put your sexy time photos on a loving cell phone, but that doesn't make what happened right.

otoh boobs and dicks lol.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope to see a lot of authority figures unconscious and with sting makeup on backstage

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Alouicious posted:

here's my dilemma: everyone always talks about how Triple H/John Cena kept all the young talent down in the mid-late 00s and everything is their fault that everything sucks...

but everyone ALSO talks about how all of the developmental wrestlers coming out of OVW at the time were the drizzling poo poo hot garbage fuckers who shouldn't have been in the ring anyway.

Maybe Triple H was doing the fans a favor keeping all that garbo talent down?????

there were plenty of guys who debuted between 2002-2010 who could and should have been pushed a lot harder, a long longer and/or a lot earlier than they were, including Morrison, Rhodes, Bourne, Barrett, Ziggler, Sheamus, Miz, Punk, Sandow, and ADR.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Intruder posted:

i'm right here but i also recognize the hilarity of this situation

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oatgan posted:

i'm right here but i also recognize the hilarity of this situation

What about your dick oatgan?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chokes McGee posted:

As an internet comedy consumer, I am absolutely dying over here.

As a human being, yeah, I do feel for him. I also feel bad for the valet that had her goods posted all over the internet, too, which is something that seems to be getting buried in all this. I think it's real dumb to put your sexy time photos on a loving cell phone, but that doesn't make what happened right.

otoh boobs and dicks lol.

If this was not the PG era, we'd be having Seth and Zahra doing a live sex celebration in the ring once Seth cashes in MITB

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

What about your dick oatgan?

rollins-esque minus the part where it's been inside two attractive women

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

i hope to see a lot of authority figures unconscious and with sting makeup on backstage

I am praying to the good lord in the sky that we get a direct recreation of this scene at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPfF1oawTrs

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Seth Rollins literally hating his entire life is now canon based on a throwaway comment from a text you weren't supposed to see to a girl he was boning on the side and sent dick pics to. Much like Total Divas is why everyone thinks John Cena is a depressed robot. Internet's got the scoopz, brah.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Honestly, did Seth's ex-fiancee actually show the texts, or did she just claim that these were texts he had sent to what's her face? Because honestly, considering she posted nudes of him online, I wouldn't take her as a credible source of anything. Unless she actually showed pictures of the texts, I think she was probably just mocking him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lynkericious posted:

Honestly, did Seth's ex-fiancee actually show the texts, or did she just claim that these were texts he had sent to what's her face? Because honestly, considering she posted nudes of him online, I wouldn't take her as a credible source of anything. Unless she actually showed pictures of the texts, I think she was probably just mocking him.

Fair point. Reliable narrator, all that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TheJoker138 posted:

Somewhere Jeff Farmer is waiting by the phone, crying, and he doesn't know why.

You got me....mad now.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Lynkericious posted:

Basically her and her friend were quoting texts back and forth. I don't really see the point in making it up because chances are he would've sent dumb texts to his ladyfriend anyway, which probably would've been worse than anything they made up. I think they were just mocking how emo he sounded.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, the screen shots of the pictures that she posted had the URL for the mobile view of Yahoo Mail. I'm guess she cracked his password and used that to get into his twitter account.

Maybe he even used the David Petraeus e-mail trick to send messages:
http://www.networkworld.com/article/2223513/data-center/general-david-petraeus-used-clever-gmail-trick-during-affair.html

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Intruder posted:

Shades of grey booking doesn't work in wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well Raw did an atrocious rating this week so that's going to turn some heads in the office.

what's the number?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

oatgan posted:

what's the number?

Meltzer posted:

Raw did a surprisingly low 3.66 million viewers last night, a drop of 14 percent with no real answer as to why.

Some would think the debut of Better Call Saul would have hurt, but that only went against the third hour, and the third hour held up better than it has in recent weeks.

It's also bad because it was clearly implied in he opening segment that Sting would be appearing on a show to give an answer to HHH's challenge, even though he wasn't there.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.79 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.67 million viewers

10 p.m. 3.52 million viewers

The only answers are a one week fluke, or that the product has cooled off quickly.

There has only been one show in the last three years not during football season that did worse, and that went against huge sports competition that this show didn't face.

There's no spinning, this is a bad number, and unlike most, one that doesn't have an obvious explanation past the potential of it just being a fluke.

Sting is an anti-draw

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are loser jobbers who have never drawn a loving dime. They need to relegate them to Smackdown and just have the real superstars like Big Show, Kane, Joey Mercury, and Jamie Noble have the main event slot to themselves each week. Ratings will skyrocket without DB and RR pulling the quarters down.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The only proven draw at least in ratings in the last, like, 5 years aside from Cena is Punk or Brad Maddox. I think the choice is obvious. Re-hire Maddox, let him do his thing, strap a rocket on his back and shoot him to the moon. Let him start a stable with Colin Delany and Sandow and Bryan.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Cena overexposure got worse as time went on

Between Rumble 05 and TLC 09, John Cena main evented 28 out of 78 PPVs, or 36%

Between Rumble 10 and Rumble 15, Cena main evented 38 out of 64 PPVs, or 59%

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shawn, Jericho, Batista, Triple H and Edge retired, and Taker stopped working shows that aren't WM.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They haven't built up Sting well at all so it's no wonder people don't give a poo poo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tezzor posted:

Cena overexposure got worse as time went on

Between Rumble 05 and TLC 09, John Cena main evented 28 out of 78 PPVs, or 36%

Between Rumble 10 and Rumble 15, Cena main evented 38 out of 64 PPVs, or 59%

Brand Split

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Tezzor posted:

there were plenty of guys who debuted between 2002-2010 who could and should have been pushed a lot harder, a long longer and/or a lot earlier than they were, including Morrison, Rhodes, Bourne, Barrett, Ziggler, Sheamus, Miz, Punk, Sandow, and ADR.

That IC title battle royal at Battleground last year was a wonderful showcase of blown opportunities over the last 5 years.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
This may come as a shocker but the Seth Rollins Tumblr tag is a hot mess right now.

I think they need to get their priorities in order quick because NXT and Lucha Underground are both happening tomorrow...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Raw opened with bad promos and then two DQ finishes so that was terrible enough maybe.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tezzor posted:

ADR he got shafted with a few aborted pushes, but the guy was given a lot of chances. Miz's run on top was a joke, but he still got a lot of mileage out of being the loving Miz.

The handling of Rhodes, Barrett, and Punk are war crimes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Brand Split

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

achillesforever6 posted:

Look Better Call Saul was way much worth my time than this mediocre/boring/okay bad Raw

Better Call Paul.

Gatts posted:

The only proven draw at least in ratings in the last, like, 5 years aside from Cena is Punk or Brad Maddox. I think the choice is obvious. Re-hire Maddox, let him do his thing, strap a rocket on his back and shoot him to the moon. Let him start a stable with Colin Delany and Sandow and Bryan.

He wasn't even fired, he's just been off TV forever.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Red posted:

The handling of Rhodes, Barrett, and Punk are war crimes.

Ryback is another missed opportunity. He was so loving incredibly over AND a PPV draw to boot. Then they fed him to Cena and gave him a crybaby gimmick.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Korelle posted:

Ryback is another missed opportunity. He was so loving incredibly over AND a PPV draw to boot. Then they fed him to Cena and gave him a crybaby gimmick.

As tempting as it is to notch that up to Cena, I'd have to actually disagree. He was pushed to the top too soon, too fast into a feud with CM Punk. Where he lost in gently caress finish after gently caress finish after gently caress finish. He was both nowhere near ready enough for a run at the top of the card, and he was also shoved into a situation that he wasn't possibly coming out of with all his face heat anywhere near intact.

The Cena thing was really just the cherry on top after all of that.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Raw is just boring these days. There is really no storyline progression. You're basically watching the same guys do the same spots they've been doing for the last few years. Like how many times can you watch the same Usos match?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Lynkericious posted:

As tempting as it is to notch that up to Cena, I'd have to actually disagree. He was pushed to the top too soon, too fast into a feud with CM Punk. Where he lost in gently caress finish after gently caress finish after gently caress finish. He was both nowhere near ready enough for a run at the top of the card, and he was also shoved into a situation that he wasn't possibly coming out of with all his face heat anywhere near intact.

I'm glad they seem to have learned from their mistake with Rusev. You can't have a guy maintain unstoppable monster status if he's constantly getting foiled by technicalities for months on end with the spotlight shining right down on him.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I can't recommend just watching the ppvs and nxt. That will save your sanity

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Lynkericious posted:

It's sad that Ryback is trapped in midcard hell along with everyone else because his character has evolved so much since his fall from grace, I actually love him now when I despised him during his push. Not to mention that working with Axel seemed to make him a better wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has WWE cut down on the promos they do during PPVs? It felt like in the old days there was a video package before half the PPV matches that chronicled the rivalry and got you pumped for the match.

• Locked thread