Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My company is an ad agency that does some minor dev in house and has wound up with a few sites on shared hosting that we don't really manage but live there anyway. Bad move on our part, because a bunch of them have been hacked. We're working on cleaning things up, but I'm looking for a someone with wordpress and maybe just general admin experience to help us secure, update, and migrate those sites to a different provider. It's about 6 to 10 sites and they're all fairly small. Right now they're on a shared hosting account and it's making the cleanup process a bit harder than it might be otherwise. Fixed bid or hourly rate with a time estimate work for us.

Things you like to do: Fixing hacked wordpress, server hardening
Availability: Seems like a part time gig to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm looking for a programmer type to put together some really simple excel macros that would make my job and life much easier. Basically just code that takes an input in one format, edits it automatically to a proper format for excel to work with, then some simple calculations. Not sure exactly what the capabilities are but if it's possible to built in some simple functionality with other programs outside of excel that would be something I'd want to look at also.

PMs are best way to get in touch, I can't pay a ton but I'm sure we can work out something we both think is fair.

You might be able to get some immediate takers in the "Request a Tiny App," thread. Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2415898&pagenumber=69&perpage=40

Jo fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 12, 2014

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice
PlanGrid is looking to hire some engineers. We sell an actual useful product for money (we don't track people or sell their personal information) - think version control for blueprints.

Languages: Objective-C for iOS (though we are adopting some Swift code), Java for Android, JS & Rails for web, C# for Windows, and Python on the backend.
Environment: Standard perks like 100% covered health insurance (including all dependents), unlimited vacation, work from home on Wednesdays, unlimited transit card.
Tools: You can have whatever equipment you want (most of us have MBPs). We use git and trello.
Relocation: Yes! We don't have a relocation department but the company will pay a lump sum to cover relocation costs. The company will pay for an AirBnB or hotel while you look for a place. Housing is always the big question here in the SF Bay area, but I was able to find a 3 bedroom, 2 bath place with garage and back yard that allows dogs in a week and within my budget in the city itself. We have a number of resources to help you out, plenty of advice, some maps of areas to look in, etc.

If you interview, we will fly you out for several days or a week so you can check out San Francisco, take a tour, etc so make sure you give as big a range for flight dates as you can and take some time to see the sights.

Despite the image of SF startup culture as all 24 year olds with no kids, there is actually a mix of people working here. Whether you're a 24 year old single person or a 38 year old with 3 kids, we're just looking for really talented engineers who want to do excellent work. The company has been profitable since the year it was founded (YC12) just from organic growth, zero marketing and we are currently well ahead of our competitors. We recently took Series A funding from Sequoia to ramp up marketing and engineering to take another massive leap ahead of the competition; our goal is to become *the* standard in Construction.

Our users love us, we believe in fanatical support, and there is nothing like walking around SF and having random people give you a thumbs up or say hi because you're wearing a PlanGrid shirt (that is not the reaction a lot of startups get from regular people around SF).

There are several open positions (some of these have multiple openings per position):

Senior iOS Developer. Come work on my team!

Android Developer. Help those poor souls catch up to the iOS app.

Backend Engineer. Want to work on scaling and possibly moving from mongo to Postgres? We're steam-rolling to the trillions-with-a-T mark on records.

Web Engineer. We do some magic here and have lots of big plans.

Windows Engineer. C#, get to architect a new Windows app from scratch. Lose your retirement in a Ponzi scheme? Think these fancy startups don't hire old school Windows devs? Think again.

Data Scientist. Fancypants machine learning, OCR, etc. You would think architects are professionals with professional standards. You'd be wrong. Also we're working on some super magic image diffing.

We're also looking for an IT Manager, BizOps, Customer Support, and Marketing!

Feel free to PM me and I am happy to answer any questions about the company, my experience moving across the country, etc.

Simulated fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 1, 2015

Mudoubleha
May 20, 2001
I have no title and I must scream.
Looking for goons who are iOS/Android/.NET/OSX programmers, and willing to work on a project basis. Regular work may follow if all goes well.

If you happen to be multi-talented in the above, that's a bonus.

You'll be working with developing front-ends similar to how Evernote looks like.

Location: Anywhere. Our main office is in Singapore, so communication can be done via Skype, Slack.

Languages: Objective-C/Swift for iOS, Java for Android, .NET for Windows, Objective-C for OS X.

Environment: Your home/garage/coffee place.

Tools: Git Bitbucket, Slack, Asana, Skype, any IDE that you're comfortable with.

Drop me a PM if you're keen, or send an email to decruz@clopy.com

Mudoubleha fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 19, 2014

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Distil Networks is looking for a JavaScript Engineer (and some other people too!) High level, we're looking for someone who can come in and write solid, fast, cross browser JavaScript without relying on frameworks to expand on what we already have as well as help expand our browser identification system.

Languages: JavaScript
Frameworks: None. It probably helps to be familiar with some, but there's a 99% chance you'll never use them.
Availability: Full time
Contact: Shoot me a PM if you're interested/have questions or you can apply through the website.

Other positions we're hiring in engineering (all listed at: http://www.distilnetworks.com/jobs/)

San Francisco, CA
Solutions Engineers (Sales/Support)
DevOps Engineer
Senior C/C++ Engineer
QA Engineer

Arlington, VA
Solutions Engineers (Sales/Support)
QA Engineer
Ruby/Rails Developer

Raleigh, NC
QA Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Ruby/Rails Developer

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Position filled.

Gozinbulx fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 6, 2015

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Languages: PHP, Javascript, CSS, HTML
Frameworks: Angular, Laravel, Bootstrap, Sass, Node.js
Things you like to do: Code, also design
Availability: Full-time, part-time, freelance

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Seeking Developer:, prefereably in the Boston, MA area ( but willing to do email/skype for someone that's good elsewhere in the US).

After a few failed attempts at finding talent on Craigslist and Freelancer, I am here to find a developer who is able to create a web application using the languages available for use with userapp.io user management software (AngularJS, ember, JS, PHP for frontend; PHP, Node.js or Python for back end ). Check out the quickstart and documentation at http://www.userapp.io.

Each user registered has a set number of variables that would need to be viewable and editable. For example, a user might be signed up for "plan X" but wish to upgrade to "Plan Y". In this instance we would need a dropdown and submit button that returns a command to Userapp to alter that particular variable. Similar situations are included, limited to about a dozen scenarios.
We are also looking to integrate some of this data into Google calendar so that certain scheduling related details are viewable to each customer. If you have experience with this please include examples in your reply.

We don't need any design done at all - just as long as the information somehow appears on a html document that's fine.

Please email bostoncoder888@gmail.com for more info!

Floor Pie
Apr 17, 2002

Who are we?
Blizzard Entertainment, maker of WoW, Diablo, etc.

Where are we?
Austin, TX and Irvine, CA

What are we looking for?
.NET software engineers in Irvine, CA and Austin, TX

Requirements:
  • A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on the .NET platform, including experience with .NET 4.0
  • Experience working in high-performing teams through the entire development lifecycle
  • Experience developing client-server applications and / or web development with ASP.NET MVC
  • Experience with web services
  • Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field
  • Excellent written and verbal communications skills
  • Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile)

Java engineers in Austin, TX

Requirements:
  • Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training, and professional experience
  • A minimum of 6 years’ experience working as a software engineer
  • Expert knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
  • Advanced knowledge of enterprise architectures, and patterns
  • Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting and debugging
  • Solid experience programming back-end web services and web applications
  • Excellent understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
  • Experience working in a team environment on multiple simultaneous projects
  • Experience in one of the following OO languages, Java, C#, or C++

Front-end web engineer in Austin

Requirements:
  • Expert knowledge of CSS, JavaScript, and DOM
  • Extensive experience with Ajax and JavaScript libraries
  • Experience using an MVC framework
  • Familiar with HTTP and basic networking concepts
  • Basic proficiency with Photoshop
  • Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
  • A passion for web development and gaming

How to Apply
Message me if interested and we'll go from there!

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
I'm looking for someone to go over a python script with me that we currently use, and analyze where the inefficiencies are and help increase it. It is basically a script that crawls a web page, processes some data from an SQLite DB, then submits a request. I need it to run as FAST as possible, and am willing to port it into another language.

I'm looking for someone ASAP, and an NDA will need to be signed. Rates can be discussed. This would be a temporary thing and a fairly small job for someone experienced.

Knowledge of libraries like requests in python, JSON, java script and C would be important/an asset.

Please email me at wilsonc91@gmail.com with a skype contact preferably.

RyceCube fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 3, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Consider replacing SQLite with MemSQL, hopefully that is your biggest bottleneck.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

MrMoo posted:

Consider replacing SQLite with MemSQL, hopefully that is your biggest bottleneck.

The other thing to look at would be parallelizing it and/or looking at getting it onto a server that has low ping to the server you're trying to hit. Depends on what you're trying to do and what your constraints are. In any system like this the largest lag times are going to come from the round trip to grab the data from the other server and the trip to grab the data from a disk.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

I'm a Java architect always on the lookout for side work. My expertise is back end development and databases, but I can deliver full web applications if graphics/layout are either provided or crowdsourced. I can do android apps as well, although I don't really enjoy it unless its very well specced out. My code is always beautiful.

Languages: Java, Javascript/Html/Css
Frameworks: Spring anything, Hibernate, CXF, JQuery, Dust/client side templating
Things you like to do: Back end web development, web services, small android applications
Availability: I work remotely but generally have a lot of time during the day, 4 hours at minimum
Recent Jobs: https://www.tracktacular.com - https://www.quikcallus.com - https://www.luckeffect.com

meatier shower
Mar 19, 2007
Seeking a mobile developer for full-time remote work (EST/Central hours). Preferably proficient in both native iOS and Android. Resumes to stephen.brown@accella.net, put something dumb and goony in the subject box so I know you're an internet weirdo from the something awful dot com web forums.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
I'm working on a small PHP project where I will need a dynamic PDF being created. If you're familiar with FPDF or TCPDF and looking for a really small gig send me an email alexandre.voyer@outlook.com .

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I have what I hope is a relatively quick job for someone who knows what they are doing. Please check it out in SA-Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706695

Summary: h264 video is made of a mix of frames from several sources and I need them separated out into separate watchable videos.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It's sort of impossible to determine which of the predicted frames come from which I-frame, since the predicted frames don't contain much information to begin with. It's mostly going to be manual and trial and effort.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

It's sort of impossible to determine which of the predicted frames come from which I-frame, since the predicted frames don't contain much information to begin with. It's mostly going to be manual and trial and effort.

I'm assuming (hoping) that there is some pattern to it. The DVR was formerly capable of exporting video from individual cameras so there has to be some way to do it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
There is no pattern to it. The whole point of video compression is to take advantage of implicit patterns as much as possible, so any pattern is assumed to be part of the stream.

It worked before because it didn't shove the whole thing together in one stream.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

It worked before because it didn't shove the whole thing together in one stream.

Yeah, actually I'm pretty sure it did.

edit: If it's not possible, it's not possible. I can at least get all the I-frames, which is a lot better than nothing.

sleepy gary fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 16, 2015

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I suppose you could brute-force every combination of p and b frames and see which one gives the result most similar to the next iframe. I think useful results would require a significant amount of novel work into error repair.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone looking for some quick phonegap work? Preferably DC based but I'd settle for USA.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Plorkyeran posted:

I suppose you could brute-force every combination of p and b frames and see which one gives the result most similar to the next iframe. I think useful results would require a significant amount of novel work into error repair.

The camera might have been holding onto some meta-data in another file which allowed it to easily split the file up again.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Looking for a PHP / Wordpress developer to help me integrate Braintree payments on an existing site with its own custom payment / subscription system. PM me with a rough idea of your rate if you might be interested. :)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
We're Apprenda and we need .NET devs like woah. We also have opportunities for Java and Front-End Devs and a few other roles - check out our careers page.

Relocation: For .NET roles; this could be to Troy or to NYC, our HQ and most of the team is in Troy.

If you're interested or would like more information, PM or email serewit at gmail

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
See new post.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 13, 2015

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I don't know if this is the right place either but I'll follow suit on the above poster!

JOB SEEKER

I recently moved from Australia to Manchester, United Kingdom and I thought I'd ask here before searching around. I'd love to work remote too if anyone from anywhere else in the world is interested! Looking for fulltime but I wouldn't turn down any part time or freelance.

I'm looking for pretty much any C# job, the last one I had was working with SharePoint and after that hell I'd be happy with whatever. I don't have a favorite area though I'd rather work back end over GUI; but I'm willing to learn anything really. Alternatively I'm up for C++, Python, or Javascript if needed. I've only done Javascript in a professional setting to a smaller extent (it was mainly C#), but my degree focused on C++ and I enjoy Python, so I'm including them here anyway.

I've only worked at a job for half a year and I'm still technically a graduate with an advanced diploma; if that affects your decision, but I'm eager to work on something again!

I can start any time at all, sooner is better, though I can't move anywhere yet until my renting contract is up. I could travel about an hour if it's remote. Potentially more if travel is covered.

Contact me at: jewelotsSA@gmail.com or PM me, and I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible! I'll toss you my portfolio and resume when you ask!

Jewel fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 22, 2015

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
JOB OFFER

I've been working for a company called RPX Corp for about three months now. I totally dig it. We're looking to add someone with Javascript and Angular experience.

Disclaimer

I'm not a hiring person, nor is this a company sanctioned post. I just happen to work in the tech team and want to look at the options.

Where?

San Francisco, California, my friend. One Market Street, east side of the tower, with a full view of the bridge and wharf. It's twenty steps from Embarcadero.

Why?

Do you hate patent trolls? So do we. Our company acts as a pivot point. Our customers each contribute a little cash and we intelligently purchase patent portfolios that go on the market which might get snatched up by patent trolls and used against our client.

What do you do?

My group specifically works on the annotation and prediction systems. We've got three backend guys who like machine learning and Python, but don't like JavaScript because we're old. Our job is to, as best as we can, automatically predict which patents will be used against our clients. We have finite resources, and need to get the most dangerous patents off the marketplace.

What will I do?

We have a frontend for our annotation and prediction system that needs to be kept up to date. We just went live locally and will be making a TON of changes in the near future, so we want someone in house.

Why RPX?

It feels like a bigger company, but it's still close and acts like a small one. Maybe it's all the lawyers. They're generally pretty chill and are VERY willing to accommodate if you want to show up late and work late. Generally, as long as you get your work done, they don't ask questions.

Questions? Interested?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at jo.jcat at gmail. I'll do a prelim phone check or informal coffee interview to see if you're cool, then pass your resume through our hiring system and pester HR until you get a call.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Location: Minneapolis, but I'd love to work remote and I guess I'd relocate if the money and location were really good, but I doubt I'm lucky enough to find a good combination.

Experience: Eight years of mostly full stack web development in ASP MVC or PHP. I've also done WinForms and WPF development for a couple years total. I have a CS bachelors in case that matters anymore.

Languages: JavaScript - 6 years, C# - 4 years, Python - ~2 years, PHP - 4 long years, SQL - not a DBA but not clueless. Some SASS, Perl, Java and C/C++

Frameworks: jQuery, ASP MVC, WPF, KnockoutJS, RequireJS, Linq2SQL, WinForms, WCF and a little Django but that was years ago

Things you like to do: I've been doing full stack web dev with an emphasis on the front-end for the last couple years and like it but I'm not much of a designer. I like working with Python, JavaScript and C#. I've done a few projects in the last couple years that involved some fun/interesting text analysis problems that I really enjoyed. I think I would like iOS development but haven't been willing to pay the Apple tax to get off-the-job experience with it.

Availability: Full time

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
JOB OFFER

Looking to add a full time ASP.NET MVC & WebAPI dev to our team. Our software products involve industrial plant automation (eg. opening and closing material gates, controlling conveyor belts, monitoring material flow, reading weigh scales and pulse meters, all in real time) and product dispatch (eg. dispatching orders to production plants, monitoring fleets of delivery trucks via GPS, load-balancing and optimizing workload across multiple production locations).

Our office atmosphere is casual. There is no strict dress code, and working hours are flexible. Our team is highly autonomous and we don't micromanage (which is why we favour candidates who have written code outside of work/school, and can run with new ideas). We work in a fairly niche market and sell to clients all over North America and the Caribbean. We're a fun group with a sense of humor, and we work hard to produce and support usable, effective software.

Posting: https://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/90204

Contact: apply to the posting above, and let me know via PM or email (ep@epswing.com)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Job Wanted: Freelance data visualization

I will build interaction visualizations for your site using D3.js (and Angular if necessary)

Minus Pants
Jul 18, 2004
Filled.

Minus Pants fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 29, 2016

Fish Ladder Theory
Jun 7, 2005

JOB WANTED

Looking to do some freelance web programming. I'm a professional developer who works full time, but I want to take on some extra projects to build up my resume and skillset (and wallet). Ideally i'd be building a prototype of something for you, or polishing a particular section of an existing project.

I'm on top of new web stuff and can do front/backend as needed. I'm not good at visual design, but I can do a pretty good job taking your mockups and writing css to match.

I'm looking to spend 10-15 hours a week on this, but if something's really interesting we can discuss more.

Tech: Frontend javascript (react, backbone, jquery, etc., but not angular), node, python.

Fish Ladder Theory fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 30, 2015

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

Fish Ladder Theory posted:

JOB WANTED

Looking to do some freelance web programming. I'm a professional developer who works full time, but I want to take on some extra projects to build up my resume and skillset (and wallet). Ideally i'd be building a prototype of something for you, or polishing a particular section of an existing project.

I'm on top of new web stuff and can do front/backend as needed. I'm not good at visual design, but I can do a pretty good job taking your mockups and writing css to match.

I'm looking to spend 10-15 hours a week on this, but if something's really interesting we can discuss more.

Tech: Frontend javascript (react, backbone, jquery, etc., but not angular), node, python.

Do you have any experience with rails at all?

Fish Ladder Theory
Jun 7, 2005

Just a very small amount of rails exp. It's something I could get back up to speed on, but probably not worth it to you since my progress would be considerably slower than a real rails guy. If you're looking at primarily Javascript stuff that talks to a rails app, that would be more my speed.

Thanks for checking.

ps. your PM box is full

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

Fish Ladder Theory posted:

Just a very small amount of rails exp. It's something I could get back up to speed on, but probably not worth it to you since my progress would be considerably slower than a real rails guy. If you're looking at primarily Javascript stuff that talks to a rails app, that would be more my speed.

Thanks for checking.

ps. your PM box is full

shouldn't be full now! :D

ndb
Aug 25, 2005

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, hoping to relocate to Denver metropolitan
Languages: Java, C#, HTML/CSS/Javascript, PHP
Frameworks: Rails, Grails, ASP.net
Things you like to do: Web applications, Games
Availability: Couple hours a day to full time if in Denver

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Might as well update this.

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs (willing to do partial commute to NYC if necessary)
Languages: C#, Javascript, HTML/CSS, SQL
Frameworks: AngularJS, Node, ASP.Net MVC/Web API
Things you like to do: I'm way into DevOps and Full Stack JS work right now (with everyone's least favorite stack - MEAN), but my bread and butter is ASP.NET web apps, usually with an angular SPA front end and a REST API back end. I do a lot with SQL Server and Mongo, but am open to learn other data store syntax/weird poo poo.
Availability: I'm actively looking for new full time work

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Languages: Typescript, Javascript, HTML/CSS, C#
Frameworks: AngularJS, Node, ASP.Net MVC/Web API
Things you like to do: I'm primarily focused on and interested in Typescript + AngularJS right now, with an eye towards Angular 2.0. Also interested in NodeJS development.
Availability: Currently employed and reasonably happy, but interested in side projects to expand horizons and get new ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Location: Currently live in Tacoma area, but am prepared to move anywhere that pays.
Languages: Javascript/HTML/CSS, C#, any other you need.
Preferred Jobs: Have worked in frontend web dev, want to do more backend or system work, but really just want to get student loans paid off.
Availability: Recently unemployed, looking for new full-time work.

• Locked thread