Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

BONGHITZ posted:

maybe racism is bad?

actually, it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

JewKiller 3000 posted:

actually, it's good

Thank you for your unexpected opinion on racism, Jewkiller 3000.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Main Paineframe posted:

either they're telling the truth or they have some good reason for lying about it, either way there's no good reason to interrogate someone you just met because you think they're lying in the loving small talk

this is the kind of pussyfooting that lets communist spies infiltrate our great country undetected

if you see something, say something

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the gently caress happened itt

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

inscrutable orientals!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

valley-style blase racism

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
we're totally not racist, we just don't hire black ivy league grads because they're inferior to white and asian people from the same graduating class

and also european immigrants who went to universities you've never heard of

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
where are you from, like, really from?

infosys?
tcs?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
palantir

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

people who work at palantir have a barcode tattooed somewhere on their body. company policy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

duTrieux. posted:

people who work at palantir have a barcode tattooed somewhere on their body. company policy.

back of the neck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

back of the neck

no, the back of the neck gets the illuminati eyeball

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

emoji posted:

I'm only going to make sincere posts from now on.

it's exhausting

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

no no that's not tech bubble what you're looking for is tech tumor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

no, the back of the neck gets the illuminati eyeball

depends on if they're working for palantir metropolis or palantir gotham

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Subjunctive posted:

it's exhausting

what about sinecure posting

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JawnV6 posted:

what about sinecure posting

now you're speaking my convoluted, obfuscating language

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
im under the impression you were attempting to convey that the language in which I was speaking was more naturally aligned with the obfuscated style in use by yourself and professional peers

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so hows that tech bubble?

quote:

SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, one of the world’s most prominent investors in early-stage tech startups, does not think that internet companies are in bubble territory right now. Then again, he doesn’t think the tech euphoria of the late ’90s was a bubble either!

"I do not think this is the Internet bubble. On year 2000, most internet companies were losing a lot of money….So there was a correction of the price. But if you look at right now, most of the stocks that went down, crashed year 2000, did they come back in the price? Did they go even higher the price of that peak price of the year 2000? The answer is, yes, so that means even the ‘net bubble crash on year 2000 was not really a ‘net bubble, if you think back from today."

:thumbsup:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FCKGW posted:

saw this listing while looking for hotels near zion

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3720802

Stop arguing about racism and click this goddam link. Then gently caress this gay earth because the fact that someone can charge money for people to sleep in a literal shed with a deck chair + bucket set up for a toilet and a garden hose shower and then receive positive reviews from people who saw this listing and decided to stay there means I'm ready to watch the nukes fly and let the cockroaches take over.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that's more of a shack than a shed to be honest

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

cyberia posted:

Stop arguing about racism and click this goddam link. Then gently caress this gay earth because the fact that someone can charge money for people to sleep in a literal shed with a deck chair + bucket set up for a toilet and a garden hose shower and then receive positive reviews from people who saw this listing and decided to stay there means I'm ready to watch the nukes fly and let the cockroaches take over.

come stay in my graffiti covered tiny shack in teh desert where you can poo poo into a bucket outside

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Condiv posted:

well you see if word actually means this then word doesn't mean that at all!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

yee

I live in a shack, I poop in an outhouse, I eat what I kill. Let the grid go down, Lord, I don't need it.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Condiv posted:

Well yeah, all the stocks that survived to the current bubble, sure. How's pets.com doing these days Masayoshi-San?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

where are you from, like, really from?

infosys?
tcs?

gbs?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

bobbilljim posted:

come stay in my graffiti covered tiny shack in teh desert where you can poo poo into a bucket outside

don't forget that it's 25 miles from the nearest grocery store and has no cellphone service

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

this may surprise some of yall, but I much prefer shack in the wilderness that's on actual owned land to one of four dozen apartments illegally rented as rich person flophouses

some people like the wilderness experience and if they want to pay fifty bucks a night to have a real mattress, that's their prerogative

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

this may surprise some of yall, but I much prefer shack in the wilderness that's on actual owned land to one of four dozen apartments illegally rented as rich person flophouses

some people like the wilderness experience and if they want to pay fifty bucks a night to have a real mattress, that's their prerogative

this.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Main Paineframe posted:

i've never heard of any us law protecting people who blow the whistle to the media.

DHS v Maclean was decided just a couple weeks ago

that was more decided on the difference between "law" and "regulation" and "rule" though, and likely only applies to government employees

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

leased property just doesn't have that bespoke warm sound i look for when browsing for tourist accommodations

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Greatbacon posted:

Well yeah, all the stocks that survived to the current bubble, sure. How's pets.com doing these days Masayoshi-San?

not as good as tweeter was doin a lil while ago

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

hmm, let me use the ~sharing economy~, an industry known for assaults, rapes, and probably murders, to pay some random anonymous person fifty bucks to sleep in this shack outside their incredibly rural house twenty-five miles from the nearest civilization and with no cell-phone service

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cyberia posted:

yea i agree with the people that this is a much more honorable use of airbnb than the illegal slums and residential hotels

that said, that can't be significantly more comfortable than a decent tent and self-inflating mattress, and with those you can camp in any national park in the country for like 10 dollars a night, or 20 for a place that has a real toilet and coin-operated shower a hundred yards away

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 11, 2015

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

inscrutable orientals!

thanks for my next namechange

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cyberia posted:

nuke it fro morbit :gonk:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Beast of Bourbon posted:

like a shake shack??

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cyberia posted:

and did you know that 30 minutes away the federal government will charge you $16 per night and you have to supply your own tent and breakfast! :monocle:

it is for people who want an communing with nature "experience" but don't want to actually rough it. looks like she's got the granola audience nailed down pretty well too with the solar shower, garden, chickens, yoga class, and poop bucket.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it isn't illegally driving up rent in a tight housing market via eFlophouses, so a shack for people who want to martha stewart their camping just doesn't seem that objectionable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

yea i agree with the people that this is a much more honorable use of airbnb than the illegal slums and residential hotels

that said, that can't be significantly more comfortable than a decent tent and self-inflating mattress, and with those you can camp in any national park in the country for like 10 dollars a night, or 20 for a place that has a real toilet and coin-operated shower a hundred yards away

the nj state forests own for this, $3 per person per night for sites without the shower and toilet blocks nearby but still with running water faucets every few sites, $20 per group per night for the ones with the toilet and shower blocks, and the showers are free

• Locked thread