Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'l make the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'l make the website.

haha

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I'l make the website.

Welcome to the Unofficial Evolve Webring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the game is pretty fun but the real fun is seeing people literally unable to handle someone making fun of their Hide and Seek With Guns game.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Like half of you assholes posted:

Waaaaaah 60 dollars

I don't know what you loving scrublords are doing but I got this game for £21/$32.

Games fun, re-evaluate your purchasing habits.

Also as a tip to anyone struggling to learn monster always go for 2 points in an ability that your comfortable using to pound people into paste with and 1 for utility. going for 3 abilities at 1 point each stage 1 is a terrible idea.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Artum posted:

I don't know what you loving scrublords are doing but I got this game for £21/$32.

Also as a tip to anyone struggling to learn monster always go for 2 points in an ability that your comfortable using to pound people into paste with and 1 for utility. going for 3 abilities at 1 point each stage 1 is a terrible idea.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Artum posted:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I'm just speaking off my experience with the alpha and beta here, but this game is an interesting F2P novelty at best. $60 plus scads of day 1 DLC for a multiplayer-only game with an unproven concept is absurd. poo poo makes EA look restrained.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stay safe eyelid frog

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

you'd get sick with the rate you have to jump around and spin like a top and warp into god knows where but otherwise they should have kept this option

It was part of what made Natural Selection so ill. It's really dumb making it th8ird person I guess they did it because that's how the Tank played!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artum posted:

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
So, been having a good time with evolve, getting my rear end kicked, and also doing well, depending on the group.

I do agree that they have more or less shot themselves in the foot with all the DLC. its like they aren't paying a PR manager or something. I was super enthusiastic and moved to a cautious approach after seeing how damm expensive it is.

I still bought the game and I am having fun. but poor pricing.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

stopgap1 posted:

So, been having a good time with evolve, getting my rear end kicked, and also doing well, depending on the group.

I do agree that they have more or less shot themselves in the foot with all the DLC. its like they aren't paying a PR manager or something. I was super enthusiastic and moved to a cautious approach after seeing how damm expensive it is.

I still bought the game and I am having fun. but poor pricing.

It's 2K's fault for aggressively monetizing the game, they are just wringing the life out of it. I've actually been telling friends to wait for a sale or for the Stream free weekend they want to do. It's a game that needs a lower price tag, or better yet, a try-before-you-buy functionality.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
I, too, enjoy getting hosed in the rear end by greedy devolopers

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I'm mad about hats

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It's 2K's fault for aggressively monetizing the game, they are just wringing the life out of it. I've actually been telling friends to wait for a sale or for the Stream free weekend they want to do. It's a game that needs a lower price tag, or better yet, a try-before-you-buy functionality.

Yeah! They pushed this way too hard. The pre-order DLC was announced before the loving game itself. And not to mention the egregious, esports trailers from last year.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

You will always climb faster than hunters, so if you get domed identify whatever high ground you can use to force the hunters to climb and follow you. A monster constantly going up and down terrain and around pillars of rock will always waste a hunters engagement. If in doubt, do what you can to take out the trapper and then leave - all you need to do is down them and the dome will fail.

As a hunter, a handy tip is as follows:

Double tapping spacebar while moving in a direction will jetpack dodge in that direction. However, if you ARE NOT holding a direction, you will jetpack dodge STRAIGHT UP. This is good for:

• Climbing poo poo super fast
  • Avoiding a charging monster
  • Avoiding medium wildlife that might grapple you
  • Getting an angle to hit the monster (particularly with explosive weapons)

Oh, neat, that's good advice.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah! They pushed this way too hard. The pre-order DLC was announced before the loving game itself. And not to mention the egregious, esports trailers from last year.

lol did this really happen

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Does it matter? It's whatever you want it to be, whether or not there's any basis in reality.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

this game will never be an e sport hahaha

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I just spent like 40 bucks on sweet sweet Skins.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

lol did this really happen

Yeah, they were a bit trigger happy on the pre-order deal.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I just cant enjoy this game if i don't have that green lizard skin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Things I think are good:

-It feels like the classes are well balanced, I haven't played much of the higher tier versions but it feels like everyone does their job well without dominating.

-Being a monster is really fun too, and even though there's a learning curve, once you get it down you'll be able to wreck people as long as you're not dumb.

-The maps are cool, the one with all the biome domes and poo poo rules.

Things I don't think are good:

-Even though it's not needed the DLC store being so full right off the bat, despite there being like ten versions to buy that had degrees of "GET EVERYTHING" it's really a bad omen and I kinda don't care who's 'fault' it is, it's not awesome.

-Rescue is a lovely stupid mode that's just you going to get a buffet line for the monsters because there's nothing you can do if your monster player is smart enough to focus on picking off the weak, dumb, survivors.

-When you're in a big chaotic mob fight aiming the shield gun as Support is almost impossible thanks to it snapping to randos.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Artum posted:

edgy as heck m8, u spent 32 dollars on a dog poo poo game, i spent 0 dollars on a dog poo poo game

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was part of what made Natural Selection so ill. It's really dumb making it th8ird person I guess they did it because that's how the Tank played!

It makes complete sense here though, knowing that no part of your player model is sticking out from behind an object can mean the difference between the hunters running right past the monster or trapping it. If you're playing skulk in NS and you gently caress up and die trying to parasite or whatever, no big deal. If you get caught at the wrong time in Evolve that can be the end of the match.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artum posted:

this explains everything

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ah ye olde goone argument, money. So is this game kinda like The Hidden for HL2? I used to have so much fun at a lan center playing that.

Black Baby Goku posted:

this explains everything

Begging for an ff14 trial spells that out also.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
like father, like son

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
A young Bear Grylls

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ok that is fucken hilarious and I didn't even have to pay 7.99

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The true hunter is ready to drink his piss as he fights the kraken.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Imagine The Hidden except you need to kill a bunch of harmless NPCs to level up for 15 minutes before you can actually take on the SWAT team. and whenever you kill an NPC a bunch of birds swoop down and give away your position. and really just without any of the stuff that made Hidden cool.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*takes some xanax while kid sits in the shower drinking piss* dude guys check out these skins

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

*takes some xanax while kid sits in the shower drinking piss* dude guys check out these skins

"I turned out, ok"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the scariest part of that is actually the wildstar stuff

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
This game is just all around bad.

Hunters can be killed far too easily by the environment, in many cases wiped out in the opening moments of a match by a plant or wildlife.

Matchmaking is broken, connections are horrible, and playing a co-op game with three pubbies with no mics is just a waste of time.

Skip this game, the player base will be gone in a month anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is the install really 50 gigs and how is the game?

• Locked thread