Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I saw a girl with the Milhouse's dad pictionary thing tattooed on her arm this morning. What do you even say to someone that got a lame tattoo of a mediocre joke from an animated sitcom from 10 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ryoshi posted:

I saw a girl with the Milhouse's dad pictionary thing tattooed on her arm this morning. What do you even say to someone that got a lame tattoo of a mediocre joke from an animated sitcom from 10 years ago?

I love you?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

rockcity posted:

I love you?

Correct.

Also, can I borrow a feeling?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

A work of art
also :nws: for art of dong
http://i.imgur.com/4lcN7dm.jpg

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Why... why are his stomach and legs yellow but arms and head not?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

dpack_1 posted:

Why... why are his stomach and legs yellow but arms and head not?

Not finished. It hasn't even been cleaned yet. You can see the yellow ink smeared into the blue and around the bottom. Most likely the picture was taken mid-session because customers love doing that poo poo even though its not done yet.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Esroc posted:

Not finished. It hasn't even been cleaned yet. You can see the yellow ink smeared into the blue and around the bottom. Most likely the picture was taken mid-session because customers love doing that poo poo even though its not done yet.

If it were still in progress that would be red as gently caress getting solid shading like that.

Im thinking it is either intentional to highlight Worst. Tattoo. Ever. Or the guy tapped out.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Luna just looks so upset and lumpy. This just makes me laugh.

Echoing someone else's sentiment, I'm so happy I outgrew my Sailor Moon phase before I thought getting a tattoo was a grand idea.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Somebody needs to take that middle schooler's tattoo kit away.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
My friend's gf just got... this...

He's loving annoyed as hell.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Samfucius posted:

I hate to make this comment,* but she looks a reeeeeaaaal classy kind of chick.

*not really, I'm judgmental as hell

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough
I've been scouring a forum I occasionally visited in search of this. Apologies if it's been posted many times.

First, read the artistic vision:

"I just have always really liked the idea of charlie chaplin busting into a bettie page lookin dame's room who's masturbating and cutting her tits, and shooting [...? i forgot] dressed like a clown in the head."

Or just behold a wonky film-noir fever dream starring Charlie Chaplin as Philip Marlowe:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/eGnk4DN.jpg :nws:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Samfucius posted:

I hate being that guy but it just looks like a tattoo? It's mediocre but it's not aggressively bad. Is there some giant flaw I'm missing or is your friend just an rear end in a top hat who doesn't like tattoos?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

cyberia posted:

I hate being that guy but it just looks like a tattoo? It's mediocre but it's not aggressively bad. Is there some giant flaw I'm missing or is your friend just an rear end in a top hat who doesn't like tattoos?

Nah, he has a couple and was excited for her to get it. Then he saw it and found out she chose her artist because he was a friend of her mom. Him and I also dont really like color in tattoos, but that's our poo poo, and not really the problem. It's certainly not the worst tattoo in the thread but the lines are no bueno and it's just enough off-center that it looks weird, especially in person. Also that perspective is pretty bad, especially the center of the flower.

He also thought it was weird to get a giant lotus for her first tattoo when she has no particular affinity for them.

I also hate the color choice, but that's just me about any big patches of yellow on white skin look like bruises imo.

Samfucius has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Feb 11, 2015

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

1redflag posted:

I hate to make this comment,* but she looks a reeeeeaaaal classy kind of chick.

*not really, I'm judgmental as hell

She's generally pretty okay, though she's weirdly racist in some subtle ways for a tumblrite.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Carnival of Shrews posted:

I've been scouring a forum I occasionally visited in search of this. Apologies if it's been posted many times.

"I just have always really liked the idea of charlie chaplin busting into a bettie page lookin dame's room who's masturbating and cutting her tits, and shooting [...? i forgot] dressed like a clown in the head."

Or just behold a wonky film-noir fever dream starring Charlie Chaplin as Philip Marlowe:

I...I just... don't...WTF

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I...I just... don't...WTF

That's why I suspect it of being art: it raises so many questions in the viewer's mind.

How can Chaplin possibly look so bored? Why the reference to the Church of the SubGenius? Who is the mystery victim wearing a clerical dogcollar, a clown nose, and purple-spotted knickers outside of his clothes? My frontrunner is Paul Newman, but given the style, I have my doubts.

I also liked the matching table lamps.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Samfucius posted:

Nah, he has a couple and was excited for her to get it. Then he saw it and found out she chose her artist because he was a friend of her mom. Him and I also dont really like color in tattoos, but that's our poo poo, and not really the problem. It's certainly not the worst tattoo in the thread but the lines are no bueno and it's just enough off-center that it looks weird, especially in person. Also that perspective is pretty bad, especially the center of the flower.

He also thought it was weird to get a giant lotus for her first tattoo when she has no particular affinity for them.

I also hate the color choice, but that's just me any just about any big patches of yellow on white skin look like bruises imo.

Ah ok, I can understand being annoyed by someone getting a mediocre tattoo if you're an enthusiast and have tried to point them in the direction of better artists. At least it's easy to cover up (both with clothing and, evenutally, with a better tattoo) and isn't a pony finger-banging itself?

I love tattoos (and have a ton of them) and am always trying to get my friends to go to one of the many amazing artists that work in our city but the insistence on going to lovely or mediocre artists baffles me. People seem to have this weird denial or blind spot with tattoo artists where they can't acknowledge when someone is just not very talented. Sure not every bad tattooist is a kitchen wizard but why go to someone whose work is a solid C when you can go to someone who smashes out A+ pieces every day and is no more expensive or difficult to get to?

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

hot drat that is quality

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Gihon posted:

hot drat that is quality

The portrait of Bob Dobbs really pulls the room together.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

The portrait of Bob Dobbs really pulls the room together.

And the water damage on the wall just adds a certain... depth.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That's why I suspect it of being art: it raises so many questions in the viewer's mind.

How can Chaplin possibly look so bored? Why the reference to the Church of the SubGenius? Who is the mystery victim wearing a clerical dogcollar, a clown nose, and purple-spotted knickers outside of his clothes? My frontrunner is Paul Newman, but given the style, I have my doubts.

I also liked the matching table lamps.

My big question is why is Charlie Chaplin angry with the nappy wearing clown priest, and why does he deserve to die? Also, in all The Little Tramp films that CC did, he is never packing heat. Why would he choose the day he wanders in on a masturbating woman to start?

The greatest tattoos leave the viewer walking away questioning the very nature of existence.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Are the lamps supposed to look like nipples? I spent the longest time staring at this because I couldn't tell if it was a chest/stomach piece or a back piece.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

mick ohio posted:

Are the lamps supposed to look like nipples? I spent the longest time staring at this because I couldn't tell if it was a chest/stomach piece or a back piece.

what kind of nipples have you been looking at?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
You know what? Just tattoo some numbers on me. Any numbers, I don't give a gently caress.

How about a tattoo of a date that hasn't happened yet?

Or we can do trite phrases and numbers?

Wobbly crosses and numbers?

Or just some lovely bats?

Maybe some #sacredgeometry

More words, less sense

This one's just a mess

And this one, "the client asked me to sign the tattoo for them"

Just bad, so ugly

I want these words, but then I also want a tattoo of a bruise, I know...

"love tight, gently caress life"

edit - I forgot the best (worst) one:

cyberia has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Feb 12, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tempted to add my own terrible number tattoo to this collection...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cyberia posted:

You know what? Just tattoo some numbers on me. Any numbers, I don't give a gently caress.

Those are clearly all dates:

15 Dec 2013

8 Feb 1996 (or 2 Aug 1996)

14 Feb 1958
23 Sept 1961
7 Oct 1985
7 Oct 1987

What significance those dates have I don't know, but presumably they mean something to the people who have the tattoos. My guess is birthdays.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tiggum posted:

15 Dec 2013

14 Feb 1958
23 Sept 1961
7 Oct 1985
7 Oct 1987

What significance those dates have I don't know, but presumably they mean something to the people who have the tattoos. My guess is birthdays.

My guess is that they are all a cabal of time travelers and they are detailing when they have been to on vacation.

quote:

Like this guy conveniently letting the police know the location of where his other limbs will be found when all they can find is his left arm. The first pic is the riddle. If you solve it in time, he lives.

quote:

And this one reminds me of a printer's color marks, so they know what shades and tints to use.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm like 95% sure all of these are fake, but they make me laugh. NWS for vagina

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/D4BVb9D.jpg:nws:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/DWUBxPE.jpg:nws:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/qQ0BdNV.jpg:nws:

e:

I really hate this person for some reason. gently caress this stupid person.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Tiggum posted:

15 Dec 2013

14 Feb 1958
23 Sept 1961
7 Oct 1985
7 Oct 1987

Yeah, my sister wants just one tattoo (for now, at least), which is the birth date and death date of our father tattooed in an inconspicuous place, when he dies. My sister isn't stupid so she's not going to do it in a very visible place, somewhere she can cover it up really easily, which is the way I like those kinds of tattoos. They're a very personal, private and very permanent monument to someone you love.

Getting something like that in a very visible place just screams for attention, though, and I always wonder whether those people enjoy the first month or so of everyone asking them "what does it mean?" (which they want) after which they get sick of it and regret getting it. Then again, that's probably a significant portion of bad tattoos anyway.

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009
I got this cool stick and poke but I also think it belongs here.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

david duchovny posted:

I wouldn't get it, but it's funny enough to pass.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

david duchovny posted:

That is one broke-rear end Van Gogh imitation.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Tiggum posted:

Unless you're the guy from Memento there's no reason to get a date stamped on your body permanently. Like, this date is so loving memorable to me for whatever reason but I need it etched into my skin in case I forget it. It's just so basic. I have the same issue with people who get their own surnames tattooed on their arms in 300-pt font or get lists of their children / siblings / parents names; it seems like such a trite, meaningless gesture to me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

david duchovny posted:

This is awesome and in the wrong topic.

cyberia posted:

Unless you're the guy from Memento there's no reason to get a date stamped on your body permanently.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

cyberia posted:

Unless you're the guy from Memento there's no reason to get a date stamped on your body permanently. Like, this date is so loving memorable to me for whatever reason but I need it etched into my skin in case I forget it. It's just so basic. I have the same issue with people who get their own surnames tattooed on their arms in 300-pt font or get lists of their children / siblings / parents names; it seems like such a trite, meaningless gesture to me.

When I was a straightedge nerd in HS declared with authority at my lunch table that a memorial tattoo was the tackiest way to remember somebody and that if someone got one of me I would haunt their rear end. My friends called me a loving dick.

Years later I have softened on many of my teenage convictions, but that one I still believe, I just don't say it.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Samfucius posted:

When I was a straightedge nerd in HS declared with authority at my lunch table that a memorial tattoo was the tackiest way to remember somebody and that if someone got one of me I would haunt their rear end. My friends called me a loving dick.

Years later I have softened on many of my teenage convictions, but that one I still believe, I just don't say it.

It's even worse when you try to convince a memorial date/name customer to instead get an artistic image inspired by the person rather than just boring text. Nine times out of ten the answer to this is "I don't want to pay that much."

Well then you obviously don't care about it as much as you want people to think you do. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

ReidRansom posted:

His not-anime stuff is pretty solid too though

but this isn't the thread for that

But.. they are anime. They don't look anything like the traditional Japanese style they are going for.

• Locked thread