Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
elemental gearbolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive made 4 threads today

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I also liked Chrono Trigger, most of Legend of Zelda games. Yeah. Bit of a rebel, me. ever hear of Portal? Bit of an indie thing. Maybe you should check it out.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Do you guys think claymation Kirby ate the claymation food people from those old California Raisins movies?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kirby rainbow curse is gonna own. Looks like another great year to own a Wii u.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Do amiibos work with the clay Kirby?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Kirby rainbow curse is gonna own. Looks like another great year to own a Wii u.

how do you think we will rate the amount of content?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Yes!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, i remember they said kirby, dedede, and meta knight each do something. i forget what.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

gay skull posted:

Great analogy.

I don't get why you guys are taking anime so seriously, I just like good things and I've noticed that the more anime and mallgothy things get, the more I just kinda don't want to even bother. Like, things that are super anime come off as some sort of mix as skeevy and childish, like the kinda poo poo we all loved when we were 15. You know, themes like "Let's use the magic of friendship to kill this deity, also here are some teenagers with K-cups and I don't mean coffee", and well, aren't we all pushing 30 by now? Maybe I've been on the forums too long, but I kinda feel like we should have all grown past that.

The whole mallgothy thing is a lot easier to explain and pretty much the same deal - games like Majora's Mask or Kingdom Hearts are exactly the kind of games you'd expect teenagers who hang out at Hot Topic to discuss in detail. You guys don't play Elmo's Number Journey for N64 and talk about how it's totally a hidden gem on the N64 because it's a game tailor-made for toddlers, why would you play a game made for troubled teenagers? And I know I should probably call them emo games or whatever these days but I'm old enough to actually be a teenager when mallgoths were a thing.

I know Shin Megami Tensei IV is fairly anime and kind of mallgothy, but at least it's written well enough so that anyone can enjoy it. Not that a game being mallgothy really means it's bad or anything, just usually out of your age range. It's good enough to not be full-on mallgothy (because Lord knows its theme fits like a glove), but the mallgoth barometer pretty much means "this is deep to 15 year olds who hate their parents and society but looks dumb to anyone past that". Same goes for anime.

I mean, gently caress, how could it get any simpler? Just play games made for your mental level. And I'm sure we've all mentally surpassed our teen years, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTPTYn01_h8

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Post more claymation Kirby and less dumb poo poo doofuses

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Wow thanks for spoiling that tv show jackass

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow thanks for spoiling that tv show jackass

If you were born in the USA on the original air date of that episode, you are old enough to vote.

:suicide:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Holy poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ullerrm posted:

If you were born in the USA on the original air date of that episode, you are old enough to vote.

:suicide:

Dude, you don't get to be "I feel so old" about Seinfeld, that's been old for ages. Instead feel old about how there's teenagers who were born when Melee came out.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

gay skull posted:

Blast Corps

OK I am totally excited about Blast Corps now. For Christmas my girlfriend got me an N64 and Goldeneye, I'm now gonna have to go and find myself Blast Corps too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

can we get back on topic and talk about anime again plz

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Stux posted:

can we get back on topic and talk about anime again plz

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres no one there listening to him :(

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
there is god, god jr, and that lady

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Third World Reggin posted:

there is god, god jr, and that lady

jews dont believe in god jr

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

kind of looks like a garbage bag though

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Wait holy poo poo is this from the classic Saw you at Sinai jdating game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If you want to feel old about Seinfeld, know that I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time and realized that the opening season of this show, which I thought of as "recent" is fifteen loving years old.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you really want to feel old consider that in the year 2069, you will probably be old enough to be exempted from the mandatory AIDS injections for all gamers.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If you want to really feel old, look in the mirror and see your withered form, realizing that it is already 20XX, and Doctor Wily's robots won the war ages ago, but you didn't notice because you have Korsakoff's syndrome from drinking away your disappointment at having to wait until June for Bethesda's announcement.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

If you want to feel old about Seinfeld, know that I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time and realized that the opening season of this show, which I thought of as "recent" is fifteen loving years old.

thats nothing to do with age, thats just you being rly dumb

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foo Fighters' timeless Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace came out 40 years ago. hosed up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Foo Fighters' timeless Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace came out 40 years ago. hosed up.

and yet they are still kicking out the hits to this day mind-blowing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

and yet they are still kicking out the hits to this day mind-blowing
I can't believe Dave Grohl left the band to be a stewardess.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

If you want to really feel old, look in the mirror and see your withered form, realizing that it is already 20XX, and Doctor Wily's robots won the war ages ago, but you didn't notice because you have Korsakoff's syndrome from drinking away your disappointment at having to wait until June for Bethesda's announcement.
I'm actually pre-emptively drinking away my disappointment at their announcement itself. :mrgw:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What's the forum stance on really old game emulation these days? I was going to post my Imp Zone DQ 3 thing, but I want to play the browser version so that I can do it from wherever and I don't know if that's kosher.

e: oh, it looks like it's NOT kosher, if the LP thread is any indication. NM :(

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 11, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Bicyclops posted:

i had a similar experience to this when i started watching the sopranos and there was a giant rear end computer and also the mario kart 64

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

What's the forum stance on really old game emulation these days? I was going to post my Imp Zone DQ 3 thing, but I want to play the browser version so that I can do it from wherever and I don't know if that's kosher.

e: oh, it looks like it's NOT kosher, if the LP thread is any indication. NM :(

like a decade ago you could post a single rom with mod approval but not a romset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
but people sell old games now

• Locked thread